Subject: [Healeys] Engine number

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:21:10 +0100 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4679D.D76342C0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4679D.D76342C0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4679D.D76369D0"

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4679D.D76369D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It is 29D/RU/H4908

29 = 3,000cc (+/-!)

D = MkI BT7 or BN7 (per Clausager)

R= Overdrive fitted

U = Centre shift (per BMC parts manual)

The BMC manual is quite specific. See attached. 

Who is wrong? Did 29D engines continue into later tricarbs which is when, as
I understand it, centre shifts appeared?

Or what?

I am considering buying an engine and rebuilding it. There's a block on eBay
with that number on its plate. I think it's a MkI and that RU stands for
overdrive and that U does not stand for centre shift.

Am I right?

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4679D.D76369D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>It is 29D/RU/H4908<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>29 =3D 3,000cc (+/-!)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>D =3D MkI BT7 or BN7 (per Clausager)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>R=3D Overdrive fitted<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>U =3D Centre shift (per BMC parts =
manual)<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The BMC manual is quite specific. See attached. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Who is wrong? Did 29D engines =
continue into later tricarbs which is when, as I understand it, centre =
shifts appeared?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Or =
what?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am considering buying an =
engine and rebuilding it. There&#8217;s a block on eBay with that number =
on its plate. I think it&#8217;s a MkI and that RU stands for overdrive =
and that U does not stand for centre shift.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Am I right?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0002_01D4679D.D76369D0--

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4679D.D76342C0
	name="Engine numbers from BMC Service Parts List .pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Engine numbers from BMC Service Parts List .pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4679D.D76342C0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D4679D.D76342C0--