Subject: [Healeys] Speedi-Sleeve size

From: Alan Bromfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 14:29:24 +0000

--===============1347615052751752505==

--001a114a70ba840e9c0541d07b92

Team.
I have a persistent and continuing leak past the rear hub oil seals on my
BN4. It isn't a lot as it gets caught by the drool ring and drains out of
the bleed hole, down the back plate and onto the inside of the wheel and
tyre. Yuk. Messy. Luckily none of it is inside the brake plate to
contaminate the shoes - yet!
Last year I fitted front oil seals into the back axle hubs in an attempt to
fix the problem as they are very slightly smaller, hence tighter.  That
failed however so now I'm exploring Speedi-Sleeves from SKF.
Has anyone used them?  Would someone have access to a bare axle to measure
the journal for me? I'd like to buy the sleeves before I strip the axle and
the dimensions in advance would be a big help.
Many thanks

Alan Bromfield

--001a114a70ba840e9c0541d07b92
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Team.<div>I have a persistent and continuing leak past the=
 rear hub oil seals on my BN4. It isn&#39;t a lot as it gets caught by the =
drool ring and drains out of the bleed hole, down the back plate and onto t=
he inside of the wheel and tyre. Yuk. Messy. Luckily none of it is inside t=
he brake plate to contaminate the shoes - yet!</div><div>Last year I fitted=
 front oil seals into the back axle hubs in an attempt to fix the problem a=
s they are very slightly smaller, hence tighter.=C2=A0 That failed however =
so now I&#39;m exploring Speedi-Sleeves from SKF.</div><div>Has anyone used=
 them?=C2=A0 Would someone have access to a bare axle to measure the journa=
l for me? I&#39;d like to buy the sleeves before I strip the axle and the d=
imensions in advance would be a big help.</div><div>Many thanks<br clear=3D=
"all"><div><div class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature=
"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><br></div><div>Alan Bromfield</div><div><img src=3D=
"https://docs.google.com/uc?export=3Ddownload&amp;id=3D0B03pnd86m97tZWN6Zkh=
wMW5mbFU&amp;revid=3D0B03pnd86m97takFJZVdRS0hPWWdrdFVmMHVQNWIyN1ZacnVjPQ"><=
br></div></div></div></div>
</div></div>

--001a114a70ba840e9c0541d07b92--

--===============1347615052751752505==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1347615052751752505==--