Subject: [Healeys] Minator alloy wheels

From: Wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 09:24:38 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------F00E2997014BA7FC15CC9A1D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

My friend with his  recently acquired 1953 BN-1 had a scary event 
yesterday.  The car has traveled about 800 miles  since we put in a 
Toyota gearbox, disk brake conversion and new Minator wheels. While 
traveling on the highway at 70 MPH the Right front wheel started making 
noise. He got off the next exit thinking a wheel bearing problem or a 
loose knock-off  and found two of the bolts holding the alloy wheel to 
the spline hub adapter were missing their nuts and the rest were loose.  
We are now going to take all five wheels apart and Loctite the wheel 
hardware. Checking the other wheels we found several bolts with low 
torque or loose hardware.  Moss is going to get us the Manufactures 
torque for the bolts and probably replace the wheel due to the missing 
hardware and elongated holes.  If you run these wheels I would put a 
socket on the nuts and check them for torque.

Wayne

--------------F00E2997014BA7FC15CC9A1D
 name="Minator-alloy-splined-centre-wheel-300x273.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="Minator-alloy-splined-centre-wheel-300x273.jpg"

--------------F00E2997014BA7FC15CC9A1D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--------------F00E2997014BA7FC15CC9A1D--