Subject: Re: [Healeys] Minator alloy wheels

From: Jon Einhorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:22:42 -0500

That's the second time I've heard about that happening

Jon

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 9:24 AM, Wayne <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> My friend with his  recently acquired 1953 BN-1 had a scary event yesterday.  The car has traveled about 800 miles  since we put in a Toyota gearbox, disk brake conversion and new Minator wheels. While traveling on the highway at 70 MPH the Right front wheel started making noise. He got off the next exit thinking a wheel bearing problem or a loose knock-off  and found two of the bolts holding the alloy wheel to the spline hub adapter were missing their nuts and the rest were loose.  We are now going to take all five wheels apart and Loctite the wheel hardware. Checking the other wheels we found several bolts with low torque or loose hardware.  Moss is going to get us the Manufactures torque for the bolts and probably replace the wheel due to the missing hardware and elongated holes.  If you run these wheels I would put a socket on the nuts and check them for torque.
> 
> 
> Wayne
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:24:04 -0500

--Apple-Mail-6--131445599
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Wayne, would you post the manufactures torque specs when you get them?

TIA

Randy

On Nov 7, 2016, at 9:24 AM, Wayne wrote:

My friend with his  recently acquired 1953 BN-1 had a scary event =
yesterday.  The car has traveled about 800 miles  since we put in a =
Toyota gearbox, disk brake conversion and new Minator wheels. While =
traveling on the highway at 70 MPH the Right front wheel started making =
noise. He got off the next exit thinking a wheel bearing problem or a =
loose knock-off  and found two of the bolts holding the alloy wheel to =
the spline hub adapter were missing their nuts and the rest were loose.  =
We are now going to take all five wheels apart and Loctite the wheel =
hardware. Checking the other wheels we found several bolts with low =
torque or loose hardware.  Moss is going to get us the Manufactures =
torque for the bolts and probably replace the wheel due to the missing =
hardware and elongated holes.  If you run these wheels I would put a =
socket on the nuts and check them for torque.

Wayne

--Apple-Mail-6--131445599
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=Minator-alloy-splined-centre-wheel-300x273.jpg
	name="Minator-alloy-splined-centre-wheel-300x273.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-6--131445599
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-6--131445599
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-6--131445599--