Subject: Re: [Healeys] SU Fuel Pumps

From: Mitch Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 23:14:01 -0400

--===============5832190686632229002==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-9956F43E-5FEB-4C8B-AF33-13F9A71759AD
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-9956F43E-5FEB-4C8B-AF33-13F9A71759AD
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

3 years,5-7000 miles......trouble free

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 4, 2016, at 9:44 PM, Albert Seminatore <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> What are folks experience with the improved SU Fuel Pump with double point=
s?  Do you still have trouble with the points sticking after the initial ins=
tallation?  How often do you clean the points?  Is it really worth going to s=
olid state points?
> Thanks Al
>=20
> --=20
> Albert Seminatore
> Mountain Falls, Pahrump, NV
> eMail:  [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>=20
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/dayton21=
@comcast.net
>=20

--Apple-Mail-9956F43E-5FEB-4C8B-AF33-13F9A71759AD
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

</div></div></div>
--Apple-Mail-9956F43E-5FEB-4C8B-AF33-13F9A71759AD--

--===============5832190686632229002==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5832190686632229002==--

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 09:32:59 -0000 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001F_01D23747.9A51E630"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D23747.9A51E630
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0020_01D23747.9A520D40"

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01D23747.9A520D40
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

See attached. They be overkill with particular respect to your query.

I think all the points are double now. If they stick when the =
pump=E2=80=99s new, you may need to take it round one more screw/bolt. =
That=E2=80=99ll make sense when you read the AUF 301 article.

You might say it=E2=80=99s an accumulation of all I know about these =
pumps. Not sure what constitutes =E2=80=9Csolid state=E2=80=9D in =
respect of SU pumps but I am sure that one benefits from anything that =
cuts down on the arcing that causes pitting and the eventual death of =
points. (Diodes etcetc) Certainly, my first 3000 =E2=80=93 when I knew =
even less, far less, than now =E2=80=93 had pump points issues. I =
didn=E2=80=99t even know where the pump was, let alone what was inside =
it. Could have been mice on a wheel for all I knew. Ditto with my =
Sunbeam Tiger, but at least I=E2=80=99d learnt a bit by then.

So, good luck.

Simon

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mitch =
Simmons
Sent: 05 November 2016 03:14
To: Albert Seminatore
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] SU Fuel Pumps

=20

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2016, at 9:44 PM, Albert Seminatore <[email-masked]> =
wrote:

What are folks experience with the improved SU Fuel Pump with double =
points?  Do you still have trouble with the points sticking after the =
initial installation?  How often do you clean the points?  Is it really =
worth going to solid state points?

Thanks Al

--=20

Albert Seminatore

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01D23747.9A520D40
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Garamond;
	panose-1:2 2 4 4 3 3 1 1 8 3;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>See attached. They be overkill with particular respect to your =
query.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>I think all the points are double now. If they stick when the =
pump=E2=80=99s new, you may need to take it round one more screw/bolt. =
That=E2=80=99ll make sense when you read the AUF 301 =
article.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>You might say it=E2=80=99s an accumulation of all I know about these =
pumps. Not sure what constitutes =E2=80=9Csolid state=E2=80=9D in =
respect of SU pumps but I am sure that one benefits from anything that =
cuts down on the arcing that causes pitting and the eventual death of =
points. (Diodes etcetc) Certainly, my first 3000 =E2=80=93 when I knew =
even less, far less, than now =E2=80=93 had pump points issues. I =
didn=E2=80=99t even know where the pump was, let alone what was inside =
it. Could have been mice on a wheel for all I knew. Ditto with my =
Sunbeam Tiger, but at least I=E2=80=99d learnt a bit by =
then.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>So, good luck.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Mitch =
Simmons<br><b>Sent:</b> 05 November 2016 03:14<br><b>To:</b> Albert =
Seminatore<br><b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: =
[Healeys] SU Fuel Pumps<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>3 =
years,5-7000 miles......trouble free<br><br>Sent from my =
iPhone<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>On Nov 4, 2016, at 9:44 PM, Albert =
Seminatore &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>What are folks experience with the improved SU Fuel =
Pump with double points?&nbsp; Do you still have trouble with the points =
sticking after the initial installation?&nbsp; How often do you clean =
the points?&nbsp; Is it really worth going to solid state =
points?<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks Al<br =
clear=3Dall><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><br>-- =
<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>Albert =
Seminatore</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Mountain =
Falls, Pahrump, NV<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>eMail:&nbsp; =
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div>=
</div></div></div></blockquote><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br>Support <a href=3D"http://Team.Net">Team.Net</a> <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>F=
orums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br=
><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
t">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>=
<o:p></o:p></p></div></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0020_01D23747.9A520D40--

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D23747.9A51E630
	name="Double ended SU fuel pump, list version.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Double ended SU fuel pump, list version.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D23747.9A51E630
	name="AUF 301 rebuild article.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="AUF 301 rebuild article.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D23747.9A51E630
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01D23747.9A51E630--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 10:51:19 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7679552989074076444==
 boundary="------------F22DBE48C2145C9DEE1FE7EA"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------F22DBE48C2145C9DEE1FE7EA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I still use the original SU-pump that was in my JH 1974, used up to 
1985, and I installed it in another car in 2008. It is still working 
faultlessly, never missed a beat. Total mileage about 175.000. It is 
advised to clean the points now and again using a bit of rough 
cardboard. I have done that may be 2 or 3 times during all those years, 
the last time in 2008. When it goes wrong I will install a solid state 
pump, the present replica SU-pumps are most likely not equivalent in 
materials and quality to the original SU-pumps.
The old SU-pumps are nigh indestructible when looked after properly and 
when they go wrong, they are easily repaired.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 5-11-2016 om 2:44 schreef Albert Seminatore:
> What are folks experience with the improved SU Fuel Pump with double 
> points?  Do you still have trouble with the points sticking after the 
> initial installation?  How often do you clean the points?  Is it 
> really worth going to solid state points?
> Thanks Al
>
> -- 
> Albert Seminatore
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------F22DBE48C2145C9DEE1FE7EA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">I still use the original SU-pump that
      was in my JH 1974, used up to 1985, and I installed it in another
      car in 2008. It is still working faultlessly, never missed a beat.
      Total mileage about 175.000. It is advised to clean the points now
      and again using a bit of rough cardboard. I have done that may be
      2 or 3 times during all those years, the last time in 2008. When
      it goes wrong I will install a solid state pump, the present
      replica SU-pumps are most likely not equivalent in materials and
      quality to the original SU-pumps.<br>
      The old SU-pumps are nigh indestructible when looked after
      properly and when they go wrong, they are easily repaired.<br>
      <br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      Op 5-11-2016 om 2:44 schreef Albert Seminatore:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div>What are folks experience with the improved SU Fuel Pump
          with double points?  Do you still have trouble with the points
          sticking after the initial installation?  How often do you
          clean the points?  Is it really worth going to solid state
          points?<br>
        </div>
        Thanks Al<br>
        <div>
          <div><br>
            -- <br>
            <div class="gmail_signature"
              data-smartmail="gmail_signature">
              <div dir="ltr">
                <div>
                  <div><span>Albert Seminatore</span><br>
                  </div>
                  Mountain Falls, Pahrump, NV<br>
                </div>
                eMail:  <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------F22DBE48C2145C9DEE1FE7EA--

--===============7679552989074076444==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7679552989074076444==--

---

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 12:00:58 -0400

I think Burlen Fuel Systems is doing a good job supplying us with the 
parts to rebuild original pumps and supplying new "replica" pumps.  The 
new pumps can have points or be electronic.  The electronic pumps use a 
hall effect system.

Two rebuilders in the US are Tom Ball in Akron Ohio and Dave DuBois in 
Bremerton Washington - 
http://userwebs.donobi.net/sufuelpumps/index.html.  Dave fits an optical 
sensor to the pumps he rebuilds, but keeps the roll-over rocker 
assembly, so the normal click click noise of the SU pumps is maintained.

The double or twin points have been used on most electric SU pumps for 
the past 60 years.  Not sure Burlen sells the single point assembly any 
longer.

I like the idea of points as when the pump stops it can sometimes be 
coaxed back to life with a tap of the hammer on the foot board.  When 
electronics fail, there's no coaxing them back to life on the side of 
the road.  That said, I'm currently running a Facet sold state pump in 
the tri-carb.  Have SU electric pumps in the MG and Mini and will fit a 
LCS SU pump in the tri-carb.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php

On 11/05/2016 05:51 AM, Oudesluys wrote:
>> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>>
>> [email-masked]
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

[email-masked]