Subject: [Healeys] Update from Calgary

From: "Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 23:09:02 -0700 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_005B_01D23E02.ED2A6140"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01D23E02.ED2A6140
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_005C_01D23E02.ED2A8850"

------=_NextPart_001_005C_01D23E02.ED2A8850
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Gentlemen

Most Novembers here have us buried in snow but this year the warm weather
persists. This has allowed me to get a number of items sorted that I had
earlier mentioned to the list and get out for a few glorious drives. The
disk brake conversion now works after adding a correctly sized master
cylinder. The overdrive finally works after years, yes years of frustration.
The culprit turned out to be a broken piston ring on the accumulator. An
electrical short in the rear license plate lamp caused a release of the
treasured smoke under the dash. The small bullet connector inside the lamp
rattled out and burnt up some wires and the headlamp switch. Installed a
tube shock kit. It feels good though not sure it is a huge improvement.
After 28 years of ownership this is the first time everything is working
"properly". (That should jinx it). The next job to tackle this winter might
to smooth out the throttle linkage. It is a tad sticky. Has anyone opted for
the cable conversions that they would recommend or not?

Cheers

Ross Maylor

1958 BN6

------=_NextPart_001_005C_01D23E02.ED2A8850
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Gentlemen<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Most =
Novembers here have us buried in snow but this year the warm weather =
persists. This has allowed me to get a number of items sorted that I had =
earlier mentioned to the list and get out for a few glorious drives. The =
disk brake conversion now works after adding a correctly sized master =
cylinder. The overdrive finally works after years, yes years of =
frustration. The culprit turned out to be a broken piston ring on the =
accumulator. An electrical short in the rear license plate lamp caused a =
release of the treasured smoke under the dash. The small bullet =
connector inside the lamp rattled out and burnt up some wires and the =
headlamp switch. Installed a tube shock kit. It feels good though not =
sure it is a huge improvement. After 28 years of ownership this is the =
first time everything is working &#8220;properly&#8221;. (That should =
jinx it). The next job to tackle this winter might to smooth out the =
throttle linkage. It is a tad sticky. Has anyone opted for the cable =
conversions that they would recommend or not?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Cheers<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ross =
Maylor<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>1958 =
BN6<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_005C_01D23E02.ED2A8850--

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01D23E02.ED2A6140
	name="AH2a.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="AH2a.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01D23E02.ED2A6140
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01D23E02.ED2A6140--

---

From: goldengt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 16:06:47 -0800

--===============2624861427811192675==

----_com.samsung.android.email_69575403812700
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_69575403812700
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_69575403812700--

--===============2624861427811192675==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2624861427811192675==--