Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shift Shaft Buffer

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:39:38 -0800

Be sure to use a material that will not swell or deteriorate when exposed to
oil.

John

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 22:44:36 -0500

Rubber sheet would work.  As I recall, I used a piece of scrap linoleum in
1993.  It's still working fine.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob
Spidell
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:09 PM
To: Healeys
Subject: [Healeys] Shift Shaft Buffer

#2 on this page: 
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=28881&SortOrde
r=40

Looks like this 'buffer' is to prevent the shifting shafts from hitting the
backside of the bell housing.  This is missing on my BJ8's gearbox and is
N/A.  Anyone know if this is necessary/good idea?  I'm thinking I can make
one from some 1/8" rubber sheet, but would be worried about it bunching up
and preventing movement of the shaft (I would glue the pad to the
bellhousing).

TIA for any info anyone can provide.

Bob

[email-masked]

ox.team.net