Subject: [Healeys] Thanks to those who do the "Healey Marque Magazine"

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 20:02:02 +0100 (MET)

--===============6222746559500651679==
	boundary="----=_Part_3940036_1259748486.1451156522266"

------=_Part_3940036_1259748486.1451156522266
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

As an International member of the Austin-Healey Club of America I received=
=20
Jan 2016 of the "Healey Marque Magazine".

Many thanks to all who do this absolute outstanding Healey Club Magazine. I=
=20
really enjoy every issue I receive.

This issue Reid Trummel mentioned the change in our hobby from the time=20
people bought Healeys new till nowadays where we maintain, work and use the=
=20
Healey cars for fun in our leasure time. Most Healeys are no more original,=
=20
but restored to keep them on the road and to enjoy them. Reid says we have=
=20
reached the Post-Aftermarket-Restoration Era and it could be parts supplies=
=20
will go down and are no longer a profitable business. I really doubt that,=
=20
as we are approaching the second generation in restorations. Many cars were=
=20
restored 20 years ago or even earlier and need at least a good facelift. I=
=20
just did that with my Sprite and did all new in the engine bay and an=20
overhaul of the engine and gearbox. Result, I received a Concours win this=
=20
year. Car already won its class 16years ago at European Healey Meet.

So I think the classic car boom is going on and even accellerated here in=
=20
Europe as money on the banks gives no profit and more and more enjoy the=20
fun with a classic car. Parts supply industry sales reached an alltime high=
=20
and are still going up.

Healey events are well booked and more and more enjoy companianships and=20
holidays together with other Healey enthusiasts, meeting old friends=20
getting new friends. Only the ages of the average Healey owners worry me a=
=20
bit, as it is far over the mark of 60 years.

What may also change is the connection to those worked on the development,=
=20
production and race/rally preparation of Healey cars.  Most are no more=20
with us and we can=C2=B4t listen their interesting stories anymore, which i=
s a=20
shame, as it gave so many insights.

Sorry, I just want to thank the makers of "Healey Marque".

=20

Josef Eckert

Germany

=20

------=_Part_3940036_1259748486.1451156522266
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/><title></title></head><body><p><span style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; font-size: 10pt;">As an International member of the Austin-Healey Club of America I received Jan 2016 of the </span><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline; font-size: 10pt;">"Healey Marque Magazine".</span></p>
<p><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline; font-size: 10pt;">Many thanks to all who do this absolute outstanding Healey Club Magazine. I really enjoy every issue I receive.</span></p>
<p><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline; font-size: 10pt;">This issue Reid Trummel mentioned the change in our hobby from the time people bought Healeys new till nowadays where we maintain, work and use the Healey cars for fun in our leasure time. Most Healeys are no more original, but restored to keep them on the road and to enjoy them. Reid says we have reached the Post-Aftermarket-Restoration Era and it could be parts supplies will go down and are no longer a profitable business. I really doubt that, as we are approaching the second generation in restorations. Many cars were restored 20 years ago or even earlier and need at least a good facelift. I just did that with my Sprite and did all new in the engine bay and an overhaul of the engine and gearbox. Result, I received a Concours win this year. Car already won its class 16years ago at European Healey Meet.</span></p>
<p><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline; font-size: 10pt;">So I think the classic car boom is going on and even accellerated here in Europe as money on the banks gives no profit and more and more enjoy the fun with a classic car. Parts supply industry sales reached an alltime high and are still going up. </span></p>
<p><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline; font-size: 10pt;">Healey events are well booked and more and more enjoy companianships and holidays together with other Healey enthusiasts, meeting old friends getting new friends. Only the ages of the average Healey owners worry me a bit, as it is far over the mark of 60 years.</span></p>
<p><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline; font-size: 10pt;">What may also change is the connection to those worked on the development, production and race/rally preparation of Healey cars.&nbsp; Most are no more with us and we can&acute;t listen their interesting stories anymore, which is a shame, as it gave so many insights.</span></p>
<p><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline; font-size: 10pt;">Sorry, I just want to thank the makers of "Healey Marque".</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline;">Josef Eckert</span></p>
<p><span class="selectedContentItemCaptionLeft" style="display: inline;">Germany</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">&nbsp;</span></p></body></html>
------=_Part_3940036_1259748486.1451156522266--

--===============6222746559500651679==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6222746559500651679==--

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 22:54:13 -0000

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============4366596335708622865==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0013_01D14030.5867CAA0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D14030.5867CAA0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Agreed, abosolutely, re the spares/maintenance issues.

Don=E2=80=99t know the magazine; sure it=E2=80=99s as good as its =
reputation.

Simon

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2015 19:02
To: Healeys, Forum
Subject: [Healeys] Thanks to those who do the "Healey Marque Magazine"

=20

As an International member of the Austin-Healey Club of America I =
received Jan 2016 of the "Healey Marque Magazine".

Many thanks to all who do this absolute outstanding Healey Club =
Magazine. I really enjoy every issue I receive.

This issue Reid Trummel mentioned the change in our hobby from the time =
people bought Healeys new till nowadays where we maintain, work and use =
the Healey cars for fun in our leasure time. Most Healeys are no more =
original, but restored to keep them on the road and to enjoy them. Reid =
says we have reached the Post-Aftermarket-Restoration Era and it could =
be parts supplies will go down and are no longer a profitable business. =
I really doubt that, as we are approaching the second generation in =
restorations. Many cars were restored 20 years ago or even earlier and =
need at least a good facelift. I just did that with my Sprite and did =
all new in the engine bay and an overhaul of the engine and gearbox. =
Result, I received a Concours win this year. Car already won its class =
16years ago at European Healey Meet.

So I think the classic car boom is going on and even accellerated here =
in Europe as money on the banks gives no profit and more and more enjoy =
the fun with a classic car. Parts supply industry sales reached an =
alltime high and are still going up.=20

Healey events are well booked and more and more enjoy companianships and =
holidays together with other Healey enthusiasts, meeting old friends =
getting new friends. Only the ages of the average Healey owners worry me =
a bit, as it is far over the mark of 60 years.

What may also change is the connection to those worked on the =
development, production and race/rally preparation of Healey cars.  Most =
are no more with us and we can=C2=B4t listen their interesting stories =
anymore, which is a shame, as it gave so many insights.

=20

Josef Eckert

Germany

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D14030.5867CAA0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0cm;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0cm;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
span.selectedcontentitemcaptionleft
	{mso-style-name:selectedcontentitemcaptionleft;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Agreed, abosolutely, re the spares/maintenance =
issues.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Don=E2=80=99t know the magazine; sure it=E2=80=99s as good as its =
reputation.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, December 26, 2015 =
19:02<br><b>To:</b> Healeys, Forum<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Thanks =
to those who do the &quot;Healey Marque =
Magazine&quot;<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>A=
s an International member of the Austin-Healey Club of America I =
received Jan 2016 of the </span><span =
class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>&quot;Healey Marque =
Magazine&quot;.</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>Many thanks to all who do this absolute =
outstanding Healey Club Magazine. I really enjoy every issue I =
receive.</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>This issue Reid Trummel mentioned the change =
in our hobby from the time people bought Healeys new till nowadays where =
we maintain, work and use the Healey cars for fun in our leasure time. =
Most Healeys are no more original, but restored to keep them on the road =
and to enjoy them. Reid says we have reached the =
Post-Aftermarket-Restoration Era and it could be parts supplies will go =
down and are no longer a profitable business. I really doubt that, as we =
are approaching the second generation in restorations. Many cars were =
restored 20 years ago or even earlier and need at least a good facelift. =
I just did that with my Sprite and did all new in the engine bay and an =
overhaul of the engine and gearbox. Result, I received a Concours win =
this year. Car already won its class 16years ago at European Healey =
Meet.</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>So I think the classic car boom is going on =
and even accellerated here in Europe as money on the banks gives no =
profit and more and more enjoy the fun with a classic car. Parts supply =
industry sales reached an alltime high and are still going up. =
</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>Healey events are well booked and more and =
more enjoy companianships and holidays together with other Healey =
enthusiasts, meeting old friends getting new friends. Only the ages of =
the average Healey owners worry me a bit, as it is far over the mark of =
60 years.</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>What may also change is the connection to =
those worked on the development, production and race/rally preparation =
of Healey cars.&nbsp; Most are no more with us and we can=C2=B4t listen =
their interesting stories anymore, which is a shame, as it gave so many =
insights.</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>Sorry, I just want to thank the makers of =
&quot;Healey =
Marque&quot;.</span></span><o:p></o:p></p><p>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p><spa=
n class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft>Josef =
Eckert</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
class=3Dselectedcontentitemcaptionleft>Germany</span><o:p></o:p></p><p>&n=
bsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>&=
nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D14030.5867CAA0--

--===============4366596335708622865==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4366596335708622865==--