Subject: [Healeys] BN7 Top Frame

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 16:37:56 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0016_01D12F7B.4BCFAF80"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D12F7B.4BCFAF80
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0017_01D12F7B.4BD22080"

------=_NextPart_001_0017_01D12F7B.4BD22080
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Richard

Only one 2-seater top frame for BN6 and BN7, sorry. =20

One would have to see your installation, to see what the issue is.

The bows have an adjustment, two long screws in the feet of the main =
bow, but that would likely not affect your problem. Nor would the =
separate thin wedge piece under the clamp

The aluminum trim and rubber seal together should have enough thickness =
to get a nice over-center action from the clamps.

The wood bows from Moss have sometimes not had the correct curve to fit =
the windshield top exactly, in my experience. If the bow is not curved =
enough at the outer ends, then the clamps are too close to the pegs.  =
Look very carefully at what is going on, and see what would be necessary =
to make the wood header bow provide enough height from the windshield to =
raise the steel top frame, and make the clamp just barely reach the peg =
at full extension. Maybe add a strip of 1/8 plywood between wood bow and =
aluminum ?

Attached pic shows "J" hook fully wound in, so rubber seal is removed =
for replacement with new. The lovely sharp-pointed "S" clamp is the =
correct original BN6-7 type, but the blunt BJ8 "safety" clamps sold now =
do the same job.

Best I can do without seeing yours.

Peter
------=_NextPart_001_0017_01D12F7B.4BD22080
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Richard</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Only one 2-seater top frame for BN6 and =
BN7,=20
sorry.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>One would have to see your =
installation, to see=20
what the issue is.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The bows&nbsp;have an =
adjustment,&nbsp;two long=20
screws in the feet of the main bow, but that would likely not affect =
your=20
problem. Nor would the separate thin wedge piece under the =
clamp</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The aluminum trim and rubber seal =
together should=20
have enough thickness to get a nice over-center action from the=20
clamps.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The wood bows from Moss have sometimes =
not had the=20
correct curve to fit the windshield top exactly, in my experience. If =
the bow is=20
not curved enough at the&nbsp;outer ends, then the clamps are too close =
to the=20
pegs. &nbsp;Look very carefully at what is going on, and see what would =
be=20
necessary to make the wood header bow&nbsp;provide enough =
height&nbsp;from the=20
windshield&nbsp;to raise the steel top frame, and make the clamp just =
barely=20
reach the peg at full extension. Maybe add a strip of 1/8 plywood =
between wood=20
bow and aluminum ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Attached pic shows "J" hook fully wound =
in, so=20
rubber seal is removed&nbsp;for replacement with new. The lovely =
sharp-pointed=20
"S" clamp is the correct original BN6-7&nbsp;type, but the blunt BJ8 =
"safety"=20
clamps sold now&nbsp;do the same job.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Best I can do without seeing =
yours.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Peter</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0017_01D12F7B.4BD22080--

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D12F7B.4BCFAF80
	name="DSC00124 (Medium).JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="DSC00124 (Medium).JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D12F7B.4BCFAF80
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01D12F7B.4BCFAF80--