Subject: [Healeys] M vs 100 ign timing

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 14:22:47 -0700

.... so after plotting out the curves for the 2 distributors it would 
appear that the stock dist. has a higher total advance than the M 
version. Does anyone know if this is due to the slightly higher 
compression of the M and perhaps the fuels available at the time or some 
other reason. I don't have a Lucas distributor book available and I'm 
using the data from a Glenn's manual.
  Reason for this is I'm about to build a 100 with many of the new Welsh 
performance parts and 1: don't want to lose and available power and 2: 
don't want the customer to hurt it with too much total.. The Welsh 
pistons are equivalent CR to stack "HC" pistons..
anyone?
Dave
PS the M advance does come on quicker is the other difference.

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys