Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuse box

From: "David Nock BCS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 08:33:08 -0800

This is the one of the only circuit that really needs to have a fuse added 
to it on the Healey.
    Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the headlight switch on the 
RED wire.  This will fuse the tail lights, dash lights and front marker 
lights.

    The only other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to would be the 
white wire going to the fuel pump, you can install it where the harness goes 
under the car just behind the rear carburettor.

    DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each individual light, left 
low beam, right low beam, left high beam, right high beam.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
209-948-8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

-----Original Message----- 
From: healeymanjim
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] fuse box

having seen a couple of wiring harnesses fried from shorts in the rear light 
circuits, I highly recommend fusing the tail light, license plate light and 
brake lights.  seems stuff rolling around in the boot/trunk will eventually 
wear through the  wiring and smoke escapes rapidly.  if you check the trunk 
faithfully, no problem.  watch for the loss of the little grommet for the 
license plate light.  very costly if gone.  have I fused my cars?  of course 
not.  will get to it one day.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: David Nock British Car Specialists <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 21:55:45 -0800

--===============5617204060727776526==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-400DF18F-D33D-442E-B09D-8E669D8757CD
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-400DF18F-D33D-442E-B09D-8E669D8757CD
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse. The white wire that=
 feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse=20

David Nock
British Car Specialists
Stockton Ca 95205
209-948-8767

Please feel free to view an interview with the Nock's in 2009
	Enjoy=09
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQOTTRYkbQzs
.
.

Sent from my iPad

> On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Jim Frakes <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> While I can't disagree with an expert like David, I have seen two wiring h=
arnesses destroyed by the OD circuit, one was a failed switch and one by a p=
inched wire to the gear switch. I agree the pinched wire was most likely a p=
oor routing and clamping of the wire, but it happened. Neither were on my He=
aley.=20
>=20
> Sent from my iPad=20
>=20
>> On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM, David Nock BCS <[email-masked]> wr=
ote:
>>=20
>> This is the one of the only circuit that really needs to have a fuse adde=
d to it on the Healey.
>>  Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the headlight switch on the=
 RED wire.  This will fuse the tail lights, dash lights and front marker lig=
hts.
>>=20
>>  The only other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to would be the w=
hite wire going to the fuel pump, you can install it where the harness goes u=
nder the car just behind the rear carburettor.
>>=20
>>  DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each individual light, left l=
ow beam, right low beam, left high beam, right high beam.
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> -----Original Message----- From: healeymanjim
>>=20
>> having seen a couple of wiring harnesses fried from shorts in the rear li=
ght circuits, I highly recommend fusing the tail light, license plate light a=
nd brake lights.  seems stuff rolling around in the boot/trunk will eventual=
ly wear through the  wiring and smoke escapes rapidly.  if you check the tru=
nk faithfully, no problem.  watch for the loss of the little grommet for the=
 license plate light.  very costly if gone.  have I fused my cars?  of cours=
e not.  will get to it one day.
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>>=20
>> [email-masked]
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyd=
[email-masked]=20
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>>=20
>> [email-masked]
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jimf@fr=
akes-eng.com
>=20
>=20
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of t=
he individual or entity to which it is addressed and it may contain informat=
ion that is privileged or confidential.  If the reader of this message is no=
t the intended recipient (or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it=
 to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,=
 distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have r=
eceived this e-mail in error, please notify us by telephone at the number li=
sted above or by return e-mail.
>=20
> <Body.rtf>

--Apple-Mail-400DF18F-D33D-442E-B09D-8E669D8757CD
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto"><div>Yes that is also another circuit that c=
ould take a fuse. The white wire that feeds the OD relay could take an inlin=
e fuse&nbsp;<br><br><div><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-co=
llapse: separate; border-spacing: 0px; "><p style=3D"margin: 0px; min-height=
: 14px; "><br></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><font style=3D"background-color=
: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">David Nock</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><=
font style=3D"background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">British Car Special=
ists</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><font style=3D"background-color: r=
gba(255, 255, 255, 0);">Stockton Ca 95205</font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px;=
 "><font><a href=3D"tel:209-948-8767" x-apple-data-detectors=3D"true" x-appl=
e-data-detectors-type=3D"telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result=3D"0" styl=
e=3D"background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">209-948-8767</a></font></p><=
p style=3D"margin: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><span style=3D"background-color:=
 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);"><br></span></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><font><a=
 href=3D"http://www.britishcarspecialists.com/" x-apple-data-detectors=3D"tr=
ue" x-apple-data-detectors-type=3D"link" x-apple-data-detectors-result=3D"1"=
 style=3D"background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">www.britishcarspecialis=
ts.com</a></font></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><span style=3D"background-co=
lor: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);"><br></span></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><spa=
n style=3D"background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">Please feel free to vi=
ew an interview with the Nock's in 2009</span></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "=
><font style=3D"background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);"><span class=3D"Ap=
ple-tab-span" style=3D"white-space: pre; ">	</span>Enjoy<span class=3D"=
Apple-tab-span" style=3D"white-space: pre; ">	</span></font></p><p style=3D=
"margin: 0px; "><font><a href=3D"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQOTTRYkbQz=
s" x-apple-data-detectors=3D"true" x-apple-data-detectors-type=3D"link" x-ap=
ple-data-detectors-result=3D"2" style=3D"background-color: rgba(255, 255, 25=
5, 0);">www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQOTTRYkbQzs</a></font></p><p style=3D"marg=
in: 0px; "><font style=3D"background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">.</font=
></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><font style=3D"background-color: rgba(255, 2=
55, 255, 0);">.</font></p><div><font face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"=
font-size: 12px; "><br></font></div></span></div><div>Sent from my iPad</div=
></div><div><br>On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Jim Frakes &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br><=
/div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><span>While I can't disagree with an exp=
ert like David, I have seen two wiring harnesses destroyed by the OD circuit=
, one was a failed switch and one by a pinched wire to the gear switch. I ag=
ree the pinched wire was most likely a poor routing and clamping of the wire=
, but it happened. Neither were on my Healey. </span><br><span></span><br><s=
pan>Sent from my iPad </span><br><span></span><br><blockquote type=3D"cite">=
<span>On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM, David Nock BCS &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:hea=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</span><br></blo=
ckquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote t=
ype=3D"cite"><span>This is the one of the only circuit that really needs to h=
ave a fuse added to it on the Healey.</span><br></blockquote><blockquote typ=
e=3D"cite"><span> &nbsp;Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the hea=
dlight switch on the RED wire. &nbsp;This will fuse the tail lights, dash li=
ghts and front marker lights.</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cit=
e"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span> &nbsp;The o=
nly other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to would be the white wir=
e going to the fuel pump, you can install it where the harness goes under th=
e car just behind the rear carburettor.</span><br></blockquote><blockquote t=
ype=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span> &=
nbsp;DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each individual light, left l=
ow beam, right low beam, left high beam, right high beam.</span><br></blockq=
uote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote typ=
e=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></s=
pan><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blockquote=
><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>David Nock</span><br></blockquote><blockquo=
te type=3D"cite"><span>British Car Specialists</span><br></blockquote><block=
quote type=3D"cite"><span>209-948-8767</span><br></blockquote><blockquote ty=
pe=3D"cite"><span><a href=3D"http://www.britishcarspecialists.com">www.briti=
shcarspecialists.com</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><s=
pan></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blo=
ckquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>-----Original Message----- From: hea=
leymanjim</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>Sent: Thurs=
day, December 17, 2015 7:30 PM</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"ci=
te"><span>To: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>Subject: [Heal=
eys] fuse box</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></span>=
<br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>having seen a couple of wir=
ing harnesses fried from shorts in the rear light circuits, I highly recomme=
nd fusing the tail light, license plate light and brake lights. &nbsp;seems s=
tuff rolling around in the boot/trunk will eventually wear through the &nbsp=
;wiring and smoke escapes rapidly. &nbsp;if you check the trunk faithfully, n=
o problem. &nbsp;watch for the loss of the little grommet for the license pl=
ate light. &nbsp;very costly if gone. &nbsp;have I fused my cars? &nbsp;of c=
ourse not. &nbsp;will get to it one day.</span><br></blockquote><blockquote t=
ype=3D"cite"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br=
></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>Support <a href=3D"http://team=
.net">Team.Net</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.te=
am.net/donate.html</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><spa=
n>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br></blockquote><blockquote t=
ype=3D"cite"><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><sp=
an>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums=
</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blo=
ckquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
.net">[email-masked]</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"=
cite"><span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http:=
//autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br></blockquote><blockq=
uote type=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><=
span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/he=
aleys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys=
/[email-masked]</a> </span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cit=
e"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br></blockqu=
ote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>Support <a href=3D"http://team.net">Team=
.Net</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/don=
ate.html</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>Suggeste=
d annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"ci=
te"><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.n=
et/archive</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>Forums=
: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></spa=
n><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><=
blockquote type=3D"cite"><span><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Hea=
[email-masked]</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><sp=
an><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=
=3D"cite"><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jim=
[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/jimf@frakes-=
eng.com</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span></span><b=
r></blockquote><span></span><br><span></span><br><span>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTIC=
E</span><br><span>The information contained in this e-mail is intended only f=
or the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and it may c=
ontain information that is privileged or confidential. &nbsp;If the reader o=
f this message is not the intended recipient (or the employee or agent respo=
nsible to deliver it to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified tha=
t any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohi=
bited. &nbsp;If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by t=
elephone at the number listed above or by return e-mail.</span><br><span></s=
pan><br></div></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div>&lt;Body.rtf&gt;</=
div></blockquote></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-400DF18F-D33D-442E-B09D-8E669D8757CD--

--===============5617204060727776526==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5617204060727776526==--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 09:46:38 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7541513958515881312==
 boundary="------------070702020606010206060003"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------070702020606010206060003
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In-line fuses. If that means literally what it says it is a fuse just in 
the existing wire. Not a good idea as only you may know where it is. 
Subsequent owners may have to search or  guess. There are also quite a 
few classic cars that have these in-line fuses strewn around the car 
behind the upholstery and other parts from new, where nobody can 
normally find them. That is why I prefer the fuse/relays box. It means 
rerouteing some wiring (and strictly sticking to the colour codes) but 
you have all the fuses and/or relays in one spot convenient for 
inspection, just like the original fuse box with two or three fuses.
However do not position that box under the dash like in many modern cars 
but somewhere easily accessible under the bonnet in a watertight box.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 20-12-2015 om 6:55 schreef David Nock British Car Specialists:
> Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse. The white 
> wire that feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse
>
>
> David Nock
>
> British Car Specialists
>
> Stockton Ca 95205
>
> 209-948-8767 <tel:209-948-8767>
>
>
> www.britishcarspecialists.com <http://www.britishcarspecialists.com/>
>
>
> Enjoy
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs 
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs>
>
> .
>
> .
>
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Jim Frakes <[email-masked] 
>
>> While I can't disagree with an expert like David, I have seen two 
>> wiring harnesses destroyed by the OD circuit, one was a failed switch 
>> and one by a pinched wire to the gear switch. I agree the pinched 
>> wire was most likely a poor routing and clamping of the wire, but it 
>> happened. Neither were on my Healey.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM, David Nock BCS 
>>>
>>> This is the one of the only circuit that really needs to have a fuse 
>>> added to it on the Healey.
>>>  Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the headlight switch 
>>> on the RED wire.  This will fuse the tail lights, dash lights and 
>>> front marker lights.
>>>
>>>  The only other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to would be 
>>> the white wire going to the fuel pump, you can install it where the 
>>> harness goes under the car just behind the rear carburettor.
>>>
>>>  DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each individual light, 
>>> left low beam, right low beam, left high beam, right high beam.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> David Nock
>>> British Car Specialists
>>> 209-948-8767
>>> www.britishcarspecialists.com <http://www.britishcarspecialists.com>
>>>
>>>
>>> having seen a couple of wiring harnesses fried from shorts in the 
>>> rear light circuits, I highly recommend fusing the tail light, 
>>> license plate light and brake lights.  seems stuff rolling around in 
>>> the boot/trunk will eventually wear through the  wiring and smoke 
>>> escapes rapidly.  if you check the trunk faithfully, no problem. 
>>>  watch for the loss of the little grommet for the license plate 
>>> light.  very costly if gone.  have I fused my cars?  of course not. 
>>>  will get to it one day.
>>> Support Team.Net <http://team.net> http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>>> Support Team.Net <http://team.net> http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>>
>>
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use 
>> of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and it may 
>> contain information that is privileged or confidential.  If the 
>> reader of this message is not the intended recipient (or the employee 
>> or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient), you 
>> are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying 
>> of this communication is prohibited.  If you have received this 
>> e-mail in error, please notify us by telephone at the number listed 
>> above or by return e-mail.
>>
>> <Body.rtf>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2016.0.7294 / Virusdatabase: 4489/11212 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 12/19/15
>

--------------070702020606010206060003
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">In-line fuses. If that means literally
      what it says it is a fuse just in the existing wire. Not a good
      idea as only you may know where it is. Subsequent owners may have
      to search or  guess. There are also quite a few classic cars that
      have these in-line fuses strewn around the car behind the
      upholstery and other parts from new, where nobody can normally
      find them. That is why I prefer the fuse/relays box. It means
      rerouteing some wiring (and strictly sticking to the colour codes)
      but you have all the fuses and/or relays in one spot convenient
      for inspection, just like the original fuse box with two or three
      fuses.<br>
      However do not position that box under the dash like in many
      modern cars but somewhere easily accessible under the bonnet in a
      watertight box.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      Op 20-12-2015 om 6:55 schreef David Nock British Car Specialists:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <div>Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse. The
        white wire that feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse <br>
        <br>
        <div><span class="Apple-style-span">
            <p><br>
            </p>
            <p>David Nock</p>
            <p>British Car Specialists</p>
            <p>Stockton Ca 95205</p>
            <p><a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:209-948-8767">209-948-8767</a></p>
            <p><span><br>
              </span></p>
            <p><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.britishcarspecialists.com/">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></p>
            <p><span><br>
              </span></p>
            <p><span>Please feel free to view an interview with the
                Nock's in 2009</span></p>
            <p><span class="Apple-tab-span"> </span>Enjoy<span
                class="Apple-tab-span"> </span></p>
            <p><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs">www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs</a></p>
            <p>.</p>
            <p>.</p>
            <div><br>
            </div>
          </span></div>
        <div>Sent from my iPad</div>
      </div>
      <div><br>
        On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Jim Frakes &lt;<a
          moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;
        wrote:<br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div><span>While I can't disagree with an expert like David, I
            have seen two wiring harnesses destroyed by the OD circuit,
            one was a failed switch and one by a pinched wire to the
            gear switch. I agree the pinched wire was most likely a poor
            routing and clamping of the wire, but it happened. Neither
            were on my Healey. </span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span>Sent from my iPad </span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM,
              David Nock BCS &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              wrote:</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>This is the one of the only
              circuit that really needs to have a fuse added to it on
              the Healey.</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>  Install an inline fuse holder
              on the back of the headlight switch on the RED wire.  This
              will fuse the tail lights, dash lights and front marker
              lights.</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>  The only other circuits that
              you may need to add a fuse to would be the white wire
              going to the fuel pump, you can install it where the
              harness goes under the car just behind the rear
              carburettor.</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>  DO NOT fuse the headlights
              unless you fuse each individual light, left low beam,
              right low beam, left high beam, right high beam.</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>David Nock</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>British Car Specialists</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>209-948-8767</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.britishcarspecialists.com">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>-----Original Message----- From:
              healeymanjim</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Sent: Thursday, December 17,
              2015 7:30 PM</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>To: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Subject: [Healeys] fuse box</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>having seen a couple of wiring
              harnesses fried from shorts in the rear light circuits, I
              highly recommend fusing the tail light, license plate
              light and brake lights.  seems stuff rolling around in the
              boot/trunk will eventually wear through the  wiring and
              smoke escapes rapidly.  if you check the trunk faithfully,
              no problem.  watch for the loss of the little grommet for
              the license plate light.  very costly if gone.  have I
              fused my cars?  of course not.  will get to it one day.</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Support <a
                moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://team.net">Team.Net</a>
              <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Suggested annual donation
               $12.75</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Archive: <a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/archive"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Forums: <a
                moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/forums"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></a>
            </span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Support <a
                moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://team.net">Team.Net</a>
              <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Suggested annual donation
               $12.75</span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Archive: <a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/archive"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Forums: <a
                moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/forums"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></a></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite"><span></span><br>
          </blockquote>
          <span></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE</span><br>
          <span>The information contained in this e-mail is intended
            only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
            addressed and it may contain information that is privileged
            or confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the
            intended recipient (or the employee or agent responsible to
            deliver it to the intended recipient), you are hereby
            notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
            this communication is prohibited.  If you have received this
            e-mail in error, please notify us by telephone at the number
            listed above or by return e-mail.</span><br>
          <span></span><br>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div>&lt;Body.rtf&gt;</div>
      </blockquote>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=us-ascii">
      <p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2016.0.7294 / Virusdatabase: 4489/11212 - datum van
        uitgifte: 12/19/15</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------070702020606010206060003--

--===============7541513958515881312==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7541513958515881312==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:45:50 +0100 (MET)

--===============5922073699404957304==
	boundary="----=_Part_2614940_189799383.1450619151006"

------=_Part_2614940_189799383.1450619151006
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In-line fuses have the big advantage you do not need to re-route wires to a 
fuse box, the look under the bonnet stays original and unchanged. And there 
are only max. 2 additional cable connectors needed, instead of min. 4 with 
a fuse in the fuse box. For me this is enough advantage to have in-line 
fuses were necessary. I think I have max.3 in-line fuses in a car. When a 
cable connection breaks or you have a loose connection in one of the 
connectors, you also have to search along the line.

Josef Eckert

Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Re: [Healeys] fuse box

Datum: 2015-12-20T09:49:57+0100

Von: "Oudesluys" <[email-masked]>

An: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

In-line fuses. If that means literally what it says it is a fuse just in 
the existing wire. Not a good idea as only you may know where it is. 
Subsequent owners may have to search or  guess. There are also quite a few 
classic cars that have these in-line fuses strewn around the car behind the 
upholstery and other parts from new, where nobody can normally find them. 
That is why I prefer the fuse/relays box. It means rerouteing some wiring 
(and strictly sticking to the colour codes) but you have all the fuses 
and/or relays in one spot convenient for inspection, just like the original 
fuse box with two or three fuses.
However do not position that box under the dash like in many modern cars 
but somewhere easily accessible under the bonnet in a watertight box.
Kees Oudesluijs

    Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse. The white wire
    that feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse 

    David Nock

    British Car Specialists

    Stockton Ca 95205

    209-948-8767

    Enjoy

    .

    .

    Sent from my iPad

        While I can't disagree with an expert like David, I have seen two
        wiring harnesses destroyed by the OD circuit, one was a failed
        switch and one by a pinched wire to the gear switch. I agree the
        pinched wire was most likely a poor routing and clamping of the
        wire, but it happened. Neither were on my Healey.

        Sent from my iPad

            On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM, David Nock BCS <
            wrote:

            This is the one of the only circuit that really needs to have a
            fuse added to it on the Healey.

             Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the headlight
            switch on the RED wire.  This will fuse the tail lights, dash
            lights and front marker lights.

             The only other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to
            would be the white wire going to the fuel pump, you can install
            it where the harness goes under the car just behind the rear
            carburettor.

             DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each individual
            light, left low beam, right low beam, left high beam, right
            high beam.

            David Nock

            British Car Specialists

            209-948-8767

            www.britishcarspecialists.com
            <http://www.britishcarspecialists.com>

            having seen a couple of wiring harnesses fried from shorts in
            the rear light circuits, I highly recommend fusing the tail
            light, license plate light and brake lights.  seems stuff
            rolling around in the boot/trunk will eventually wear through
            the  wiring and smoke escapes rapidly.  if you check the trunk
            faithfully, no problem.  watch for the loss of the little
            grommet for the license plate light.  very costly if gone. 
            have I fused my cars?  of course not.  will get to it one day.

            Support Team.Net <http://team.net> 
            http://www.team.net/donate.html
            <http://www.team.net/donate.html>

            Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
            <http://www.team.net/archive>

            Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>

            http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
            <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>

            Unsubscribe/Manage: 
            http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
            <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

            Support Team.Net <http://team.net> 
            http://www.team.net/donate.html
            <http://www.team.net/donate.html>

            Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
            <http://www.team.net/archive>

            Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>

            http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
            <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>

            Unsubscribe/Manage: 
            http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
            <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
        The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the
        use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and it may
        contain information that is privileged or confidential.  If the
        reader of this message is not the intended recipient (or the
        employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
        recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
        distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If
        you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by
        telephone at the number listed above or by return e-mail.

        <Body.rtf>

    _______________________________________________ Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
    <http://www.team.net/donate.html> Suggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
    <http://www.team.net/archive> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
    <http://www.team.net/forums> [email-masked]
    <http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
    <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]> 

------=_Part_2614940_189799383.1450619151006

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/><title></title></head><body><p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">In-line fuses have the big advantage you do not need to re-route wires to a fuse box, the look under the bonnet stays original and unchanged. And there are only max. 2 additional cable connectors needed, instead of min. 4 with a fuse in the fuse box. For me this is enough advantage to have in-line fuses were necessary. I think I have max.3 in-line fuses in a car. When a cable connection breaks or you have a loose connection in one of the connectors, you also have to search along the line.</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Josef Eckert</span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Germany</span></span></span></span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>-----Original-Nachricht-----</p>
<p>Betreff: Re: [Healeys] fuse box</p>
<p>Datum: 2015-12-20T09:49:57+0100</p>
<p>Von: "Oudesluys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</p>
<p>An: "[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div style="position: relative; color: #000000; font: 12px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">In-line fuses. If that means literally what it says it is a fuse just in the existing wire. Not a good idea as only you may know where it is. Subsequent owners may have to search or&nbsp; guess. There are also quite a few classic cars that have these in-line fuses strewn around the car behind the upholstery and other parts from new, where nobody can normally find them. That is why I prefer the fuse/relays box. It means rerouteing some wiring (and strictly sticking to the colour codes) but you have all the fuses and/or relays in one spot convenient for inspection, just like the original fuse box with two or three fuses.<br /> However do not position that box under the dash like in many modern cars but somewhere easily accessible under the bonnet in a watertight box.<br /> Kees Oudesluijs<br /> <br /> <br /> Op 20-12-2015 om 6:55 schreef David Nock British Car Specialists:</div>
<blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]">
<div>Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse. The white wire that feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse&nbsp;<br /> <br />
<div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>David Nock</p>
<p>British Car Specialists</p>
<p>Stockton Ca 95205</p>
<p><a>209-948-8767</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://www.britishcarspecialists.com/">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Please feel free to view an interview with the Nock's in 2009</p>
<p>Enjoy</p>
<p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs">www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs</a></p>
<p>.</p>
<p>.</p>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>Sent from my iPad</div>
</div>
<div><br /> On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Jim Frakes &lt;<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br /> </div>
<blockquote>
<div>While I can't disagree with an expert like David, I have seen two wiring harnesses destroyed by the OD circuit, one was a failed switch and one by a pinched wire to the gear switch. I agree the pinched wire was most likely a poor routing and clamping of the wire, but it happened. Neither were on my Healey. <br /> <br /> Sent from my iPad <br /> <br />
<blockquote>On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM, David Nock BCS &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</blockquote>
<blockquote>This is the one of the only circuit that really needs to have a fuse added to it on the Healey.</blockquote>
<blockquote>&nbsp;Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the headlight switch on the RED wire. &nbsp;This will fuse the tail lights, dash lights and front marker lights.</blockquote>
<blockquote>&nbsp;The only other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to would be the white wire going to the fuel pump, you can install it where the harness goes under the car just behind the rear carburettor.</blockquote>
<blockquote>&nbsp;DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each individual light, left low beam, right low beam, left high beam, right high beam.</blockquote>
<blockquote>David Nock</blockquote>
<blockquote>British Car Specialists</blockquote>
<blockquote>209-948-8767</blockquote>
<blockquote><a href="http://www.britishcarspecialists.com">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>-----Original Message----- From: healeymanjim</blockquote>
<blockquote>Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:30 PM</blockquote>
<blockquote>To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>Subject: [Healeys] fuse box</blockquote>
<blockquote>having seen a couple of wiring harnesses fried from shorts in the rear light circuits, I highly recommend fusing the tail light, license plate light and brake lights. &nbsp;seems stuff rolling around in the boot/trunk will eventually wear through the &nbsp;wiring and smoke escapes rapidly. &nbsp;if you check the trunk faithfully, no problem. &nbsp;watch for the loss of the little grommet for the license plate light. &nbsp;very costly if gone. &nbsp;have I fused my cars? &nbsp;of course not. &nbsp;will get to it one day.</blockquote>
<blockquote>_______________________________________________</blockquote>
<blockquote>Support <a href="http://team.net">Team.Net</a> <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</blockquote>
<blockquote>Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></blockquote>
<blockquote><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></blockquote>
<blockquote><a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a> </blockquote>
<blockquote>_______________________________________________</blockquote>
<blockquote>Support <a href="http://team.net">Team.Net</a> <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</blockquote>
<blockquote>Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></blockquote>
<blockquote><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></blockquote>
<blockquote><a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></blockquote>
<br /> <br /> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE<br /> The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and it may contain information that is privileged or confidential. &nbsp;If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient (or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. &nbsp;If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by telephone at the number listed above or by return e-mail.<br /> </div>
</blockquote>
<blockquote>
<div>&lt;Body.rtf&gt;</div>
</blockquote>
<br /><fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset><br />
<pre>_______________________________________________ Support Team.Net <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a> Suggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a> Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a> Unsubscribe/Manage: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a> </pre>
<br /><fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset><br />
<p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br /> Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br /> Versie: 2016.0.7294 / Virusdatabase: 4489/11212 - datum van uitgifte: 12/19/15</p>
</blockquote>
</div></body></html>
------=_Part_2614940_189799383.1450619151006--

--===============5922073699404957304==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5922073699404957304==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:57:06 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7451748870547179592==
	boundary="----=_Part_3099656_585681092.1450623426465"

------=_Part_3099656_585681092.1450623426465
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi David, 

What fuse ratings (amps, slow/fast blow) do you recommend for the OD and rear lights section? 

Bob 

----- Original Message -----

Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse. The white wire that feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse 

David Nock 

British Car Specialists 

Stockton Ca 95205 

209-948-8767 

Enjoy 

. 

. 

Sent from my iPad 

On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Jim Frakes < [email-masked] > wrote: 

While I can't disagree with an expert like David, I have seen two wiring harnesses destroyed by the OD circuit, one was a failed switch and one by a pinched wire to the gear switch. I agree the pinched wire was most likely a poor routing and clamping of the wire, but it happened. Neither were on my Healey. 

Sent from my iPad 

<blockquote>
On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM, David Nock BCS < [email-masked] > wrote: 

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>
This is the one of the only circuit that really needs to have a fuse added to it on the Healey. 

</blockquote>

<blockquote>
Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the headlight switch on the RED wire. This will fuse the tail lights, dash lights and front marker lights. 

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>
The only other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to would be the white wire going to the fuel pump, you can install it where the harness goes under the car just behind the rear carburettor. 

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>
DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each individual light, left low beam, right low beam, left high beam, right high beam. 

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>
David Nock 

</blockquote>

<blockquote>
British Car Specialists 

</blockquote>

<blockquote>
209-948-8767 

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>
having seen a couple of wiring harnesses fried from shorts in the rear light circuits, I highly recommend fusing the tail light, license plate light and brake lights. seems stuff rolling around in the boot/trunk will eventually wear through the wiring and smoke escapes rapidly. if you check the trunk faithfully, no problem. watch for the loss of the little grommet for the license plate light. very costly if gone. have I fused my cars? of course not. will get to it one day. 

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

------=_Part_3099656_585681092.1450623426465
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div>Hi David,<br></div><div><br></div><div>What fuse ratings (amps, sl=
ow/fast blow) do you recommend for the OD and rear lights section?<br></div=
><div><br></div><div>Bob<br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"z=
wchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-de=
coration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><br><=
div><br></div><div>Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse.=
 The white wire that feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse&nbsp;<br>=
<div><br></div><div><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collap=
se: separate; border-spacing: 0px; "><p style=3D"margin: 0px; min-height: 1=
4px; "><br></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><span>David Nock</span></p><p sty=
le=3D"margin: 0px; "><span>British Car Specialists</span></p><p style=3D"ma=
rgin: 0px; "><span>Stockton Ca 95205</span></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><=
span><a href=3D"tel:209-948-8767" style=3D"background-color: ;" target=3D"_=
blank">209-948-8767</a></span><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></p><p style=3D"marg=
in: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><span style=3D"background-color: ;"><br></span=
></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><span><a href=3D"http://www.britishcarspeci=
alists.com/" style=3D"background-color: ;" target=3D"_blank">www.britishcar=
specialists.com</a></span><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></p><p style=3D"margin: =
0px; "><span style=3D"background-color: ;"><br></span></p><p style=3D"margi=
n: 0px; "><span style=3D"background-color: ;">Please feel free to view an i=
nterview with the Nock's in 2009</span></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><span=
><span class=3D"Apple-tab-span" style=3D"white-space: pre; ">=09</span>Enjo=
y<span class=3D"Apple-tab-span" style=3D"white-space: pre; ">=09</span></sp=
an></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><span><a href=3D"http://www.youtube.com/w=
atch?v=3DQOTTRYkbQzs" style=3D"background-color: ;" target=3D"_blank">www.y=
outube.com/watch?v=3DQOTTRYkbQzs</a></span><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></p><p =
style=3D"margin: 0px; "><span>.</span></p><p style=3D"margin: 0px; "><span>=
.</span></p><div><span style=3D"font-size: medium; font-family: Helvetica;"=
 data-mce-style=3D"font-size: medium; font-family: Helvetica;" size=3D"3" f=
ace=3D"Helvetica"><br></span></div></span></div><div>Sent from my iPad</div=
></div><div><br>On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Jim Frakes &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>=
&gt; wrote:<br><div><br></div></div><blockquote><div><span>While I can't di=
sagree with an expert like David, I have seen two wiring harnesses destroye=
d by the OD circuit, one was a failed switch and one by a pinched wire to t=
he gear switch. I agree the pinched wire was most likely a poor routing and=
 clamping of the wire, but it happened. Neither were on my Healey. </span><=
br><span></span><br><span>Sent from my iPad </span><br><span></span><br><bl=
ockquote><span>On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM, David Nock BCS &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</=
a>&gt; wrote:</span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span></span><br></blockqu=
ote><blockquote><span>This is the one of the only circuit that really needs=
 to have a fuse added to it on the Healey.</span><br></blockquote><blockquo=
te><span> &nbsp;Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the headlight =
switch on the RED wire. &nbsp;This will fuse the tail lights, dash lights a=
nd front marker lights.</span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span></span><br=
></blockquote><blockquote><span> &nbsp;The only other circuits that you may=
 need to add a fuse to would be the white wire going to the fuel pump, you =
can install it where the harness goes under the car just behind the rear ca=
rburettor.</span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span></span><br></blockquote=
><blockquote><span> &nbsp;DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each i=
ndividual light, left low beam, right low beam, left high beam, right high =
beam.</span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span></span><br></blockquote><blo=
ckquote><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span></span><br></blockq=
uote><blockquote><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span>David Nock=
</span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span>British Car Specialists</span><br=
></blockquote><blockquote><span>209-948-8767</span><br></blockquote><blockq=
uote><span><a href=3D"http://www.britishcarspecialists.com" target=3D"_blan=
k">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></span><br></blockquote><blockquote><sp=
an></span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span></span><br></blockquote><block=
quote><span>-----Original Message----- From: healeymanjim</span><br></block=
quote><blockquote><span>Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:30 PM</span><br=
></blockquote><blockquote><span>To: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
t" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a></span><br></blockquote><blo=
ckquote><span>Subject: [Healeys] fuse box</span><br></blockquote><blockquot=
e><span></span><br></blockquote><blockquote><span>having seen a couple of w=
iring harnesses fried from shorts in the rear light circuits, I highly reco=
mmend fusing the tail light, license plate light and brake lights. &nbsp;se=
ems stuff rolling around in the boot/trunk will eventually wear through the=
 &nbsp;wiring and smoke escapes rapidly. &nbsp;if you check the trunk faith=
fully, no problem. &nbsp;watch for the loss of the little grommet for the l=
icense plate light. &nbsp;very costly if gone. &nbsp;have I fused my cars? =
&nbsp;of course not. &nbsp;will get to it one day.</span><br></blockquote><=
br></div></blockquote><div><br></div></div><div><br></div></div></body></ht=
ml>
------=_Part_3099656_585681092.1450623426465--

--===============7451748870547179592==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7451748870547179592==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 20:28:53 +0100 (MET)

--===============2445411612313372658==
	boundary="----=_Part_2949483_1428576953.1450726133537"

------=_Part_2949483_1428576953.1450726133537
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=20

=20

Hi Bob,

I saw no answer from david, so can give you my approach:
I use a 10 Amps (slow blow) fuse for the OD relay feed (Overdrive solenoid=
=20
pulls 20 Amps when engaging and as soon as engaged - after one second -=20
goes down to 1 Amp)

For the rear lights section I have a 10 Amps fuse fitted, doesn=C2=B4t matt=
er=20
slow or fast.

Josef Eckert

Germany

=20

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Datum: 2015-12-20T15:59:28+0100

Von: "Bob Spidell" <[email-masked]>

=20

=20

=20

Hi David,
=20
What fuse ratings (amps, slow/fast blow) do you recommend for the OD and=20
rear lights section?
=20
Bob
=20
=20
------------------------------------------------------------------------

=20
Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse. The white wire=20
that feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse=20
=20
=20
David Nock
British Car Specialists
Stockton Ca 95205
209-948-8767
=20
www.britishcarspecialists.com <http://www.britishcarspecialists.com/>
=20
Please feel free to view an interview with the Nock's in 2009
Enjoy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQOTTRYkbQzs
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQOTTRYkbQzs>
.
.
=20
Sent from my iPad

    While I can't disagree with an expert like David, I have seen two
    wiring harnesses destroyed by the OD circuit, one was a failed switch
    and one by a pinched wire to the gear switch. I agree the pinched wire
    was most likely a poor routing and clamping of the wire, but it
    happened. Neither were on my Healey.

    Sent from my iPad

         The only other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to would
        be the white wire going to the fuel pump, you can install it where
        the harness goes under the car just behind the rear carburettor.

        David Nock

        British Car Specialists

        209-948-8767

        having seen a couple of wiring harnesses fried from shorts in the
        rear light circuits, I highly recommend fusing the tail light,
        license plate light and brake lights.  seems stuff rolling around
        in the boot/trunk will eventually wear through the  wiring and
        smoke escapes rapidly.  if you check the trunk faithfully, no
        problem.  watch for the loss of the little grommet for the license
        plate light.  very costly if gone.  have I fused my cars?  of
        course not.  will get to it one day.

=20

------=_Part_2949483_1428576953.1450726133537
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/><title></title></head><body><p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Hi Bob,</span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">I saw no answer from david, so can give you my approach:<br />I use a 10 Amps (slow blow) fuse for the OD relay feed (Overdrive solenoid pulls 20 Amps when engaging and as soon as engaged - after one second - goes down to 1 Amp)</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">For the rear lights section I have a 10 Amps fuse fitted, doesn&acute;t matter slow or fast.</span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Josef Eckert</span></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">Germany</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>-----Original-Nachricht-----</p>
<p>Betreff: Re: [Healeys] fuse box</p>
<p>Datum: 2015-12-20T15:59:28+0100</p>
<p>Von: "Bob Spidell" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div style="position: relative; color: #000000; font: 12px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
<div>Hi David,</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>What fuse ratings (amps, slow/fast blow) do you recommend for the OD and rear lights section?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Bob</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<hr id="zwchr" />
<div style="color: #000; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;"><br />
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Yes that is also another circuit that could take a fuse. The white wire that feeds the OD relay could take an inline fuse&nbsp;<br />
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>
<p style="margin: 0px; min-height: 14px;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style="margin: 0px;">David Nock</p>
<p style="margin: 0px;">British Car Specialists</p>
<p style="margin: 0px;">Stockton Ca 95205</p>
<p style="margin: 0px;"><a>209-948-8767</a></p>
<p style="margin: 0px; min-height: 14px;"><span>&nbsp;</span></p>
<p style="margin: 0px;"><a href="http://www.britishcarspecialists.com/">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></p>
<p style="margin: 0px;"><span>&nbsp;</span></p>
<p style="margin: 0px;"><span>Please feel free to view an interview with the Nock's in 2009</span></p>
<p style="margin: 0px;">Enjoy</p>
<p style="margin: 0px;"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs">www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs</a></p>
<p style="margin: 0px;">.</p>
<p style="margin: 0px;">.</p>
<div><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: Helvetica;">&nbsp;</span></div>
</div>
<div>Sent from my iPad</div>
</div>
<div><br />On Dec 19, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Jim Frakes &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br />
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<blockquote>
<div>While I can't disagree with an expert like David, I have seen two wiring harnesses destroyed by the OD circuit, one was a failed switch and one by a pinched wire to the gear switch. I agree the pinched wire was most likely a poor routing and clamping of the wire, but it happened. Neither were on my Healey. <br /><br />Sent from my iPad <br /><br />
<blockquote>On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:41 AM, David Nock BCS &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</blockquote>
<blockquote>This is the one of the only circuit that really needs to have a fuse added to it on the Healey.</blockquote>
<blockquote>&nbsp;Install an inline fuse holder on the back of the headlight switch on the RED wire. &nbsp;This will fuse the tail lights, dash lights and front marker lights.</blockquote>
<blockquote>&nbsp;The only other circuits that you may need to add a fuse to would be the white wire going to the fuel pump, you can install it where the harness goes under the car just behind the rear carburettor.</blockquote>
<blockquote>&nbsp;DO NOT fuse the headlights unless you fuse each individual light, left low beam, right low beam, left high beam, right high beam.</blockquote>
<blockquote>David Nock</blockquote>
<blockquote>British Car Specialists</blockquote>
<blockquote>209-948-8767</blockquote>
<blockquote><a href="http://www.britishcarspecialists.com">www.britishcarspecialists.com</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>-----Original Message----- From: healeymanjim</blockquote>
<blockquote>Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:30 PM</blockquote>
<blockquote>To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></blockquote>
<blockquote>Subject: [Healeys] fuse box</blockquote>
<blockquote>having seen a couple of wiring harnesses fried from shorts in the rear light circuits, I highly recommend fusing the tail light, license plate light and brake lights. &nbsp;seems stuff rolling around in the boot/trunk will eventually wear through the &nbsp;wiring and smoke escapes rapidly. &nbsp;if you check the trunk faithfully, no problem. &nbsp;watch for the loss of the little grommet for the license plate light. &nbsp;very costly if gone. &nbsp;have I fused my cars? &nbsp;of course not. &nbsp;will get to it one day.</blockquote>
</div>
</blockquote>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div></body></html>
------=_Part_2949483_1428576953.1450726133537--

--===============2445411612313372658==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2445411612313372658==--