Subject: [Healeys] RE bj8 rear seat pans

From: carroll phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 20:44:46 -0500 (EST)

--===============5843543809962561337==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_lzE1ZHQM2WiDD9MFctteyQ)"

--Boundary_(ID_lzE1ZHQM2WiDD9MFctteyQ)
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable
Content-disposition: inline

I would=C2=A0 let soak in penatrant for a few days, use a wire brush and ge=
t=20
99% of the crud off the threads, they are only 10-32 studs, they WILL=20
break if heat is applied to break the nuts free. I work the nuts back=20
and forth , re oil, let sit ect.=C2=A0 If they are that rusty, break em off=
=20
and weld on new lengths of stud ( 10-32 bolt cut to length. Idea is to=20
get them off to prevent that : )=C2=A0=C2=A0 chase threads , use new nuts, =
job=20
well done . Seat vinyls easy to peel back and weld new stud. While you=20
are there, if your vinyl strips are gone , chances the strings holding=20
the seat to the pan are gone or rotting ( are they ????) The seats look=20
much nicer when they are tied down correctly, thats another post.......
Carroll Phillips
Top Down

--Boundary_(ID_lzE1ZHQM2WiDD9MFctteyQ)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-disposition: inline

I would&nbsp; let soak in penatrant for a few days, use a wire brush and get 99% of the crud off the threads, they are only 10-32 studs, they WILL break if heat is applied to break the nuts free. I work the nuts back and forth , re oil, let sit ect.&nbsp; If they are that rusty, break em off and weld on new lengths of stud ( 10-32 bolt cut to length. Idea is to get them off to prevent that : )&nbsp;&nbsp; chase threads , use new nuts, job well done . Seat vinyls easy to peel back and weld new stud. While you are there, if your vinyl strips are gone , chances the strings holding the seat to the pan are gone or rotting ( are they ????) The seats look much nicer when they are tied down correctly, thats another post.......<br><br>Carroll Phillips<br>Top Down <br>

--Boundary_(ID_lzE1ZHQM2WiDD9MFctteyQ)--

--===============5843543809962561337==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5843543809962561337==--