Subject: [Healeys] Lucas 576 fog light lens.

From: "Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 22:08:32 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4354556778810792570==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0036_01D13072.A7BECF40"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01D13072.A7BECF40
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0037_01D13072.A7BECF40"

------=_NextPart_001_0037_01D13072.A7BECF40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In June there was a discussion regarding the wiring of the Lucas 576 Spot
and Fog light which I had begun to follow. In the process decided I needed a
new lens for the spot light since the old one had begun to rust. The outer
casing is in good enough shape to keep. So after the standard parts search,
the online purchase, the inevitable part not arriving with the other parts
ordered (it was 'overlooked'), the lens eventually sent and arriving broken,
the replacement sent and finally arriving. Imagine my surprise, not really,
that the lens does not actually fit. The lens arc or the diameter is ever so
slightly too small for  the clamp to  tighten on it. I think with some
fiddling around with some butyl or  rubber gaskets it might not rattle
around but it will look poor.

The original lens is stamped Made in England while the new one just stamped
England. 

Has anyone bought a lens recently that fits or has a found a solution to
this, in the grand scheme of things, small problem?

Cheers

Ross Maylor

1958 BN6 

Calgary

 

 

 

 

------=_NextPart_001_0037_01D13072.A7BECF40
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1027" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>In June there was a discussion regarding the wiring of the Lucas 576 =
Spot and Fog light which I had begun to follow. In the process decided I =
needed a new lens for the spot light since the old one had begun to =
rust. The outer casing is in good enough shape to keep. So after the =
standard parts search, the online purchase, the inevitable part not =
arriving with the other parts ordered (it was &#8216;overlooked&#8217;), =
the lens eventually sent and arriving broken, the replacement sent and =
finally arriving. Imagine my surprise, not really, that the lens does =
not actually fit. The lens arc or the diameter is ever so slightly too =
small for &nbsp;the clamp to &nbsp;tighten on it. I think with some =
fiddling around with some butyl or &nbsp;rubber gaskets it might not =
rattle around but it will look poor.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>The original lens is stamped Made in England while the new one just =
stamped England. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Has anyone bought a lens recently that fits or has a found a solution =
to this, in the grand scheme of things, small =
problem?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Cheers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Ross Maylor<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>1958 BN6 <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Calgary<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><!--[if gte vml =
1]><v:shapetype id=3D"_x0000_t75" coordsize=3D"21600,21600" o:spt=3D"75" =
o:preferrelative=3D"t" path=3D"m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled=3D"f" =
stroked=3D"f">
<v:stroke joinstyle=3D"miter" />
<v:formulas>
<v:f eqn=3D"if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0" />
<v:f eqn=3D"sum @0 1 0" />
<v:f eqn=3D"sum 0 0 @1" />
<v:f eqn=3D"prod @2 1 2" />
<v:f eqn=3D"prod @3 21600 pixelWidth" />
<v:f eqn=3D"prod @3 21600 pixelHeight" />
<v:f eqn=3D"sum @0 0 1" />
<v:f eqn=3D"prod @6 1 2" />
<v:f eqn=3D"prod @7 21600 pixelWidth" />
<v:f eqn=3D"sum @8 21600 0" />
<v:f eqn=3D"prod @7 21600 pixelHeight" />
<v:f eqn=3D"sum @10 21600 0" />
</v:formulas>
<v:path o:extrusionok=3D"f" gradientshapeok=3D"t" o:connecttype=3D"rect" =
/>
<o:lock v:ext=3D"edit" aspectratio=3D"t" />
</v:shapetype><v:shape id=3D"_x0000_s1026" type=3D"#_x0000_t75" =
style=3D'position:absolute;margin-left:71pt;margin-top:9.5pt;width:738.75=
pt;height:389.25pt;z-index:251659264;visibility:visible;mso-width-percent=
:0;mso-height-percent:0;mso-wrap-distance-left:9pt;mso-wrap-distance-top:=
0;mso-wrap-distance-right:9pt;mso-wrap-distance-bottom:0;mso-position-hor=
izontal:absolute;mso-position-horizontal-relative:text;mso-position-verti=
cal:absolute;mso-position-vertical-relative:text;mso-width-percent:0;mso-=
height-percent:0;mso-width-relative:margin;mso-height-relative:margin'>
<v:imagedata src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" o:title=3D"" />
</v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><span =
style=3D'mso-ignore:vglayout'><table cellpadding=3D0 cellspacing=3D0 =
align=3Dleft><tr><td width=3D152 =
height=3D195></td></tr><tr><td></td><td><img width=3D1478 height=3D778 =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" =
v:shapes=3D"_x0000_s1026"></td></tr></table></span><![endif]><a =
name=3D"_MailEndCompose"></a><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><br style=3D'mso-ignore:vglayout' =
clear=3DALL><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0037_01D13072.A7BECF40--

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01D13072.A7BECF40
	name="image004.emz"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01D13072.A7BECF40
	name="image005.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01D13072.A7BECF40--

--===============4354556778810792570==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4354556778810792570==--

---

From: Peter Dzwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 20:33:21 +0000

Hi Ross,

there is so much dross out there...When I needed to do mine I went to Holden in
the UK

Here are their Lucas lamps:
<http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproducts.asp?sg=1&pgCode=010&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Lighting&agCode=0022&agName=Spot%2FDriving%2FFog+-+Lucas+Lamps>

I had no problem with them at all. Granted they aren't in either the US or
Canada, but...

Peter Dzwig

On 07/12/2015 05:08, Ross wrote:
> In June there was a discussion regarding the wiring of the Lucas 576 Spot and
> Fog light which I had begun to follow. In the process decided I needed a new
> lens for the spot light since the old one had begun to rust. The outer casing is
> in good enough shape to keep. So after the standard parts search, the online
> purchase, the inevitable part not arriving with the other parts ordered (it was
> ‘overlooked’), the lens eventually sent and arriving broken, the replacement
> sent and finally arriving. Imagine my surprise, not really, that the lens does
> not actually fit. The lens arc or the diameter is ever so slightly too small for
>  the clamp to  tighten on it. I think with some fiddling around with some butyl
> or  rubber gaskets it might not rattle around but it will look poor.
> 
> Has anyone bought a lens recently that fits or has a found a solution to this,
> in the grand scheme of things, small problem?
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Ross Maylor
> 
> 1958 BN6
> 
> Calgary
> 
>  
> 
> 	
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
>      
> 
> 
> 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

-- 

===========================================================
Dr Peter Dzwig				

[email-masked]

ox.team.net