Subject: Re: [Healeys] Empty brake/clutch reservoir

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 17:57:16 -0800 (PST)

--===============3371268518194104075==
	boundary="----=_Part_2802386_596453231.1449194236808"

------=_Part_2802386_596453231.1449194236808
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Finished installing a PBR booster today. It seems the rebuilts don't hold up anymore. I had only been getting two years out of the last two Power Brake Exchange (San Jose) rebuilds. So I am done with stock rebuilds. 
Ken Freese 
65 BJ8 

From: "Frank Magnusson" <[email-masked]> 
To: "healeys" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:45:34 PM 
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Empty brake/clutch reservoir 

Ive used White Post restorations several times to sleeve master or slave cylinders with excellent results, but have not tried them for a brake booster. When my booster was on the fritz the only option were rebuild kits from an MG-C as I recall, which used the same or similar booster, but you have to cut the band off of the booster, the kits were very expensive, and results not guarenteed. I ended up buying a PBR booster sevo from Australia amd have been very happy with it. Had to make up new lines to and from it, whihc is easy, but its not a direct replacement. If there are bette options today that great. Pleas post how it works out. 

Frank 
Sent from my iPad 
_______________________________________________ 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 

[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys 

------=_Part_2802386_596453231.1449194236808
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>Finished installing a PBR booster today. It=
 seems the rebuilts don't hold up anymore. I had only been getting two year=
s out of the last two Power Brake Exchange (San Jose) rebuilds. So I am don=
e with stock rebuilds.</div><div>Ken Freese</div><div>65 BJ8</div><div><br>=
</div><hr id=3D"zwchr" data-marker=3D"__DIVIDER__"><div data-marker=3D"__HE=
ADERS__"><b>From: </b>"Frank Magnusson" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>To: </b=
>"healeys" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Sent: </b>Thursday, Decembe=
r 3, 2015 4:45:34 PM<br><b>Subject: </b>Re: [Healeys] Empty brake/clutch re=
servoir<br></div><div><br></div><div data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__">Ive us=
ed White Post restorations several times to sleeve master or slave cylinder=
s with excellent results, but have not tried them for a brake booster. &nbs=
p;When my booster was on the fritz the only option were rebuild kits from a=
n MG-C as I recall, which used the same or similar booster, but you have to=
 cut the band off of the booster, the kits were very expensive, and results=
 not guarenteed. &nbsp;I ended up buying a PBR booster sevo from Australia =
amd have been very happy with it. &nbsp;Had to make up new lines to and fro=
m it, whihc is easy, but its not a direct replacement. &nbsp;If there are b=
ette options today that great. &nbsp;Pleas post how it works out.<br><br>Fr=
ank<br>Sent from my iPad<br>_______________________________________________=
<br>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual do=
nation &nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http=
://www.team.net/forums<br><br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.n=
et/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_2802386_596453231.1449194236808--

--===============3371268518194104075==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3371268518194104075==--

---

From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 03:46:59 +0000

--===============8488810145824074738==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM3PR19MB056958EA2E4D6C639A564037A50C0DM3PR19MB0569namp_"

--_000_DM3PR19MB056958EA2E4D6C639A564037A50C0DM3PR19MB0569namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Going back to the original question; While the brake fluid may end up in th=
e booster, that isn't an indication that the booster is bad, but that the m=
aster cylinder is leaking back through the actuator seal. The seal has to l=
eak before the fluid can go anywhere.

________________________________
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked]=
t <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, December 4, 2015 1:57 AM
To: Frank Magnusson
Cc: healeys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Empty brake/clutch reservoir

Finished installing a PBR booster today. It seems the rebuilts don't hold u=
p anymore. I had only been getting two years out of the last two Power Brak=
e Exchange (San Jose) rebuilds. So I am done with stock rebuilds.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8

________________________________

Ive used White Post restorations several times to sleeve master or slave cy=
linders with excellent results, but have not tried them for a brake booster=
.  When my booster was on the fritz the only option were rebuild kits from =
an MG-C as I recall, which used the same or similar booster, but you have t=
o cut the band off of the booster, the kits were very expensive, and result=
s not guarenteed.  I ended up buying a PBR booster sevo from Australia amd =
have been very happy with it.  Had to make up new lines to and from it, whi=
hc is easy, but its not a direct replacement.  If there are bette options t=
oday that great.  Pleas post how it works out.

Frank
Sent from my iPad

[email-masked]

cal.net

--_000_DM3PR19MB056958EA2E4D6C639A564037A50C0DM3PR19MB0569namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:#000000;back=
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<p>Going back to the&nbsp;original question; While the brake fluid may end =
up in the booster, that isn't an indication that the booster is bad, but th=
at the master cylinder is leaking back through the actuator seal. The seal =
has to leak before the fluid can&nbsp;go anywhere.</p>
<br>
<br>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" co=
lor=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;healeys-b=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]=
t&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Friday, December 4, 2015 1:57 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> Frank Magnusson<br>
<b>Cc:</b> healeys<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Empty brake/clutch reservoir</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; color=
:#000000">
<div>Finished installing a PBR booster today. It seems the rebuilts don't h=
old up anymore. I had only been getting two years out of the last two Power=
 Brake Exchange (San Jose) rebuilds. So I am done with stock rebuilds.</div=
<div>Ken Freese</div>
<div>65 BJ8</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<hr id=3D"zwchr">
<div><b>From: </b>&quot;Frank Magnusson&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>To: </b>&quot;healeys&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent: </b>Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:45:34 PM<br>
<b>Subject: </b>Re: [Healeys] Empty brake/clutch reservoir<br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Ive used White Post restorations several times to sleeve master or sla=
ve cylinders with excellent results, but have not tried them for a brake bo=
oster. &nbsp;When my booster was on the fritz the only option were rebuild =
kits from an MG-C as I recall, which
 used the same or similar booster, but you have to cut the band off of the =
booster, the kits were very expensive, and results not guarenteed. &nbsp;I =
ended up buying a PBR booster sevo from Australia amd have been very happy =
with it. &nbsp;Had to make up new lines to
 and from it, whihc is easy, but its not a direct replacement. &nbsp;If the=
re are bette options today that great. &nbsp;Pleas post how it works out.<b=
r>
<br>
Frank<br>
Sent from my iPad<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br>
<br>
cal.net<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM3PR19MB056958EA2E4D6C639A564037A50C0DM3PR19MB0569namp_--

--===============8488810145824074738==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8488810145824074738==--