Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wiper blade assembly removal from arm

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 08:37:50 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7491162324803548736==
 boundary="------------060806080106010809080502"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060806080106010809080502
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The arm has a small, circular, 'tit'--for lack of a better word--on the 
end.  The wiper assembly should have a springy tang that engages the 
'tit;' you pull outward on the tang whilst pulling on the assembly and 
it should slide off, but sometimes it takes a bit of grunt.

Bob

On 12/5/2015 5:05 PM, Bruce Steele wrote:
>
> OK, I’m stumped.  How do you remove the wiper blade assembly from the 
> wiper arm?  The blade assembly rotates about 90 degrees, but from 
> there I cannot figure out how to get it off the arm.  I don’t want to 
> bend the arm or damage the spoon by tugging too hard or jamming stuff 
> into the wrist joint.  Everything I read just says to remove the wiper 
> from the arm.  What’s the trick?
>
> Bruce Steele
>
> Brea, CA
>
> 1960 BN7
>
>
>
>

--------------060806080106010809080502
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    The arm has a small, circular, 'tit'--for lack of a better word--on
    the end.  The wiper assembly should have a springy tang that engages
    the 'tit;' you pull outward on the tang whilst pulling on the
    assembly and it should slide off, but sometimes it takes a bit of
    grunt.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 12/5/2015 5:05 PM, Bruce Steele
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
            MS&quot;,sans-serif">OK, I’m stumped.  How do you remove the
            wiper blade assembly from the wiper arm?  The blade assembly
            rotates about 90 degrees, but from there I cannot figure out
            how to get it off the arm.  I don’t want to bend the arm or
            damage the spoon by tugging too hard or jamming stuff into
            the wrist joint.  Everything I read just says to remove the
            wiper from the arm.  What’s the trick?<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
            MS&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
            MS&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D">Bruce Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
            MS&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D">Brea, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet
            MS&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1F497D">1960 BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------060806080106010809080502--

--===============7491162324803548736==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7491162324803548736==--

---

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 11:42:53 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1535492632667429859==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0049_01D1301B.3E7C9FA0"
Content-language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01D1301B.3E7C9FA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks, Bob.  It took way more grunt than I expected, but I got them off and
replaced.

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob
Spidell
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 8:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wiper blade assembly removal from arm

The arm has a small, circular, 'tit'--for lack of a better word--on the end.
The wiper assembly should have a springy tang that engages the 'tit;' you
pull outward on the tang whilst pulling on the assembly and it should slide
off, but sometimes it takes a bit of grunt.

Bob

OK, I'm stumped.  How do you remove the wiper blade assembly from the wiper
arm?  The blade assembly rotates about 90 degrees, but from there I cannot
figure out how to get it off the arm.  I don't want to bend the arm or
damage the spoon by tugging too hard or jamming stuff into the wrist joint.
Everything I read just says to remove the wiper from the arm.  What's the
trick?

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

 

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01D1301B.3E7C9FA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS \,sans-serif";
	panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:windowtext'>Thanks, Bob.&nbsp; It took way more =
grunt than I expected, but I got them off and =
replaced.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:windowtext'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Bruce Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Brea, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>1960 BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:windowtext'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext'> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bob =
Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, December 06, 2015 8:38 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Wiper blade =
assembly removal from arm<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>The arm has a small, circular, 'tit'--for =
lack of a better word--on the end.&nbsp; The wiper assembly should have =
a springy tang that engages the 'tit;' you pull outward on the tang =
whilst pulling on the assembly and it should slide off, but sometimes it =
takes a bit of grunt.<br><br>Bob<span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p></o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 12/5/2015 5:05 PM, Bruce Steele =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS ,sans-serif",serif'>OK, I&#8217;m stumped.&nbsp; How do you remove =
the wiper blade assembly from the wiper arm?&nbsp; The blade assembly =
rotates about 90 degrees, but from there I cannot figure out how to get =
it off the arm.&nbsp; I don&#8217;t want to bend the arm or damage the =
spoon by tugging too hard or jamming stuff into the wrist joint.&nbsp; =
Everything I read just says to remove the wiper from the arm.&nbsp; =
What&#8217;s the trick?</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS =
,sans-serif",serif'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Bruce =
Steele</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Brea, CA</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>1960 =
BN7</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><br><br><br><o:p></o:p></span></p><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p=
re><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre></blockquote><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0049_01D1301B.3E7C9FA0--

--===============1535492632667429859==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1535492632667429859==--

---

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:08:46 -0500

--===============6916326704872061240==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01C0_01D13742.1EC8CB60"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_01C0_01D13742.1EC8CB60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Bruce:

I'm not home now to look at the car, but I seem to recall a little lever
under there to unlock the arm from the blade.

Al Fuller

al at bighealey dot org

'65 BJ-8

'85 Rx-7

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce
Steele
Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 8:05 PM
To: 'Healey' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Wiper blade assembly removal from arm

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

------=_NextPart_000_01C0_01D13742.1EC8CB60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Hi =
Bruce:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I&#8217;m not home now =
to look at the car, but I seem to recall a little lever under there to =
unlock the arm from the blade.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Al Fuller</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>al at bighealey dot =
org</span><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>'65 BJ-8</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>'85 Rx-7</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bruce =
Steele<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, December 5, 2015 8:05 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
'Healey' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] =
Wiper blade assembly removal from arm<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>OK, =
I&#8217;m stumped.&nbsp; How do you remove the wiper blade assembly from =
the wiper arm?&nbsp; The blade assembly rotates about 90 degrees, but =
from there I cannot figure out how to get it off the arm.&nbsp; I =
don&#8217;t want to bend the arm or damage the spoon by tugging too hard =
or jamming stuff into the wrist joint.&nbsp; Everything I read just says =
to remove the wiper from the arm.&nbsp; What&#8217;s the =
trick?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Bruce Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Brea, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>1960 BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_01C0_01D13742.1EC8CB60--

--===============6916326704872061240==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6916326704872061240==--