Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 hood scoop/grill

From: "Terry Lopez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:16:10 -0500

Stephen,
You are correct, the two pieces sandwich the opening.  Mine is not a precise
fit but I don't think they were intended to be.  Small nuts and washers
secure it (3) and you need to be somewhat flexible to get them on when the
hood is installed..  I found a small amount of grease helped to hold things
together while putting the nuts on.  I used a flat washer then a lock
washer.  Don't overtighten as this will cause dimples in the eyebrow piece.
Tjlopez bj8

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 1:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Healeys Digest, Vol 8, Issue 231

Send Healeys mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Healeys digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. bumperettes ([email-masked])
   2. bumperettes (John Spaur)
   3. Hood scoop grille (Stephen Hutchings)
   4. Re: bumperettes (J. Scott Morris)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 19:15:02 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] bumperettes

Someone sent me some links to companies that sell sprite bumperettes for the
big healey. Would whomever sent them please resend them?

TIA,

John

San Jose, CA

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20150813/7a49a063/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 23:31:22 -0700
From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] bumperettes

Someone sent me some links to companies that sell sprite bumperettes for the
big healey. Would whomever sent them please resend them?

TIA,

John

San Jose, CA

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20150813/e7d13785/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:19:06 +0000 (UTC)
From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
To: Healeys List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Hood scoop grille
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

The way I remember the assembly of the hood scoop grille on my BJ8, is that
the hood (or bonnet) was sandwiched between the chrome cowl part, and the
grille itself, rather than the two being assembled and inserted into and
over the scoop opening.Do I have this right? I ask because I don't remember
this being a fiddly job at all, but it is this time round, probably because
cracks on the hood were repaired before paint.
Thanks,Stephen, BJ8
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20150814/b6118f8d/attac
hment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:49:25 +0000 (UTC)
From: "J. Scott Morris" <[email-masked]>
To: John Spaur <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
	<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] bumperettes
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

Good Day John.? You may wish to check out these two suppliers in the UK.Cape
International?? www.cape-international.com?? (Steve Norton)?? 
Denis Welsh Motorsport www.bighealey.co.uk? (Dennis
Welch)???????????????????????????  Also attached is a file dealing with Big
Healey Bumperettes?--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada - Keep Smiling,
Murphy Lives 

     On Friday, August 14, 2015 2:35 AM, John Spaur <[email-masked]>
wrote:

 <!--#yiv0005902171 _filtered #yiv0005902171 {font-family:"Cambria
Math";panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv0005902171
{font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}#yiv0005902171
#yiv0005902171 p.yiv0005902171MsoNormal, #yiv0005902171
li.yiv0005902171MsoNormal, #yiv0005902171 div.yiv0005902171MsoNormal
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",
sans-serif;}#yiv0005902171 a:link, #yiv0005902171
span.yiv0005902171MsoHyperlink
{color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv0005902171 a:visited,
#yiv0005902171 span.yiv0005902171MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:#954F72;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv0005902171
span.yiv0005902171EmailStyle17 {font-family:"Calibri",
sans-serif;color:windowtext;}#yiv0005902171 span.yiv0005902171EmailStyle18
{font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;color:#1F497D;}#yiv0005902171
.yiv0005902171MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv0005902171
{margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}#yiv0005902171 div.yiv0005902171WordSectio
 n1 {}-->Someone sent me some links to companies that sell sprite
bumperettes for the big healey. Would whomever sent them please resend them?
?TIA,JohnSan Jose, CA _______________________________________________
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20150814/09846b79/attac
hment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Bumperettes.doc
Type: application/msword
Size: 1969152 bytes
Desc: not available
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20150814/09846b79/attac
hment-0001.doc>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Healeys mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------------------------------

End of Healeys Digest, Vol 8, Issue 231
***************************************

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: John Vrugtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:32:55 -0400

Be aware that there is supposed to be a fiber spacer under the hood 
scoop studs to
minimize dimpling when tightening.

John

On 8/14/2015 3:16 PM, Terry Lopez wrote:
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 16:38:51 -0500 (CDT)

Good that you pointed that out.
 
Keith

On 08/14/15, Terry Lopez wrote:

Stephen,
Don't overtighten as this will cause dimples in the eyebrow piece.
Tjlopez bj8

-----Original Message-----

Today's Topics:

Message: 1

TIA,

John

San Jose, CA

-------------- next part --------------

Message: 2

TIA,

John

San Jose, CA

-------------- next part --------------

Message: 3

-------------- next part --------------

Message: 4

[email-masked]

-------------- next part --------------

Subject: Digest Footer

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:48:54 -0400

I believe British Car Specialists sell a spacer that will give some 
additional support to prevent the dimpling.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php

On 08/14/2015 05:38 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation?
> $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 22:09:49 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5246421387685321325==
	boundary="----=_Part_4996519_141558547.1439590189730"

------=_Part_4996519_141558547.1439590189730
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks for the advice everyone. I did remember the fibre washers, because I've seen so many cars with the dimples over the years.
Stephen

------=_Part_4996519_141558547.1439590189730
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;font-size:16px"><div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439590061208_2814">Thanks for the advice everyone. I did remember the fibre washers, because I've seen so many cars with the dimples over the years.</div><div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439590061208_3723"><br></div><div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439590061208_3724">Stephen<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_4996519_141558547.1439590189730--

--===============5246421387685321325==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5246421387685321325==--