Subject: [Healeys] Approx gap between inner front fender and edge of front wheel tub just above rubber buffer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 00:31:09 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6378880196984210306==
	boundary="----=_Part_10575194_548837787.1438648269304"

------=_Part_10575194_548837787.1438648269304
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi All, 

I am installing Kilmartin lower patch panels on both front fenders of my BJ8. After completing the tack welds of the panels, I temporarily fitted the fenders to check fit. 

The gap between the inner surface of the front fender and the edge of the front wheel tub seems wider than I remember. I have no rubber buffer in place right now. Would anyone have an idea or be able to take a rough measure of the distance just using a 6" scale? 

I also note that the rear edge of the front fender is sticking out beyond the rocker and beyond the door by about 1/8th inch. It appears that the lower horizontal section of the patch panel needs to be about 1/8 inch shorter near the rocker, and maybe 3/16 or a tad more shorter up front. The original right front fender (before I cut the bottom off) was still intact enough that I can measure the horizontal section. And the Kilmartin's horizontal section is longer by about the numbers I mentioned. 

I hope I was able to explain this clearly enough. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Thanks, 
Dave 

64 BJ8 
72 XJ6 

------=_Part_10575194_548837787.1438648269304
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Hi All,<br></div><div aria-label=3D"Co=
mpose body"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">I am installing Kilm=
artin lower patch panels on both front fenders of my BJ8. After completing =
the tack welds of the panels, I temporarily fitted the fenders to check fit=
. <br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"C=
ompose body">The gap between the inner surface of the front fender and the =
edge of the front wheel tub seems wider than I remember. I have no rubber b=
uffer in place right now. Would anyone have an idea or be able to take a ro=
ugh measure of the distance just using a 6" scale? </div><div aria-label=3D=
"Compose body"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">I also note that =
the rear edge of the front fender is sticking out beyond the rocker and bey=
ond the door by about 1/8th inch. It appears that the lower horizontal sect=
ion of the patch panel needs to be about 1/8 inch shorter near the rocker, =
and maybe 3/16 or a tad more shorter up front. The original right front fen=
der (before I cut the bottom off) was still intact enough that I can measur=
e the horizontal section. And the Kilmartin's horizontal section is longer =
by about the numbers I mentioned. <br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body=
"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">I hope I was able to explain t=
his clearly enough. Has anyone else had this issue? <br></div><div aria-lab=
el=3D"Compose body"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Thanks,<br><=
/div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Dave<br></div><div aria-label=3D"Comp=
ose body"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">64 BJ8<br></div><div a=
ria-label=3D"Compose body">72 XJ6<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_10575194_548837787.1438648269304--

--===============6378880196984210306==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6378880196984210306==--