Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non-Healey (but still relevant!) - Fuel tank cleaning

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 16:25:22 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5640073518215758152==
 boundary="------------040507040700090609090707"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040507040700090609090707
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Check first with an endoscope if there are any serious deposits. If not 
leave wel alone.
If serious however get a large cement mixer or other slow turning device 
that can bear the tank, fine gravel, sand and water. Fix the tank on the 
mixer, fill tank with gravel, sand and water and let it spin for about a 
quarter of to half an hour, but do check in between as it is probably 
dural, a hard aluminium alloy which still is quite a bit softer than 
steel. Rinse thoroughly. The tank should be nice and clean afterwards. I 
have done it before with a steel fuel tank.
Coat it or have it coated after thoroughly drying the tank. Use a 
coating that withstands E10.
I took this road as in the past my concrete mixer had been neglected and 
was coated with a layer of cement/concrete. Filled it up with gravel and 
some sand, added water and spun it for some time. It worked a treat so I 
tried it on my fuel tank.
Kees Oudesluijs

mike brooks schreef op 19-8-2015 om 15:58:
> I've just acquired a stablemate for the 100 - it's a 1953 Bristol 403 
> that has been languishing
> under a tarpaulin in a neighbour's garden after being evicted from his 
> mother-in-law's garage.
> I couldn't bear to see it deteriorate further so I now have a real 
> project on my hands. My
> question concerns advice on the best method to clean stuck and loose 
> petrol solids from
> the tank which is aluminium. It is not leaking. I guess there will be 
> several list members who have
> experience and can advise. Thanks in advance
>
> Mike Brooks
> '56 BN2
> '53 Bristol 403
> Reply to: [email-masked] 
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.6125 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10464 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 08/18/15
>

--------------040507040700090609090707
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Check first with an endoscope if there
      are any serious deposits. If not leave wel alone.<br>
      If serious however get a large cement mixer or other slow turning
      device that can bear the tank, fine gravel, sand and water. Fix
      the tank on the mixer, fill tank with gravel, sand and water and
      let it spin for about a quarter of to half an hour, but do check
      in between as it is probably dural, a hard aluminium alloy which
      still is quite a bit softer than steel. Rinse thoroughly. The tank
      should be nice and clean afterwards. I have done it before with a
      steel fuel tank. <br>
      Coat it or have it coated after thoroughly drying the tank. Use a
      coating that withstands E10.<br>
      I took this road as in the past my concrete mixer had been
      neglected and was coated with a layer of cement/concrete. Filled
      it up with gravel and some sand, added water and spun it for some
      time. It worked a treat so I tried it on my fuel tank.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      mike brooks schreef op 19-8-2015 om 15:58:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3040"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">I've just acquired a
            stablemate for the 100 - it's a 1953 Bristol 403 that has
            been languishing</span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3128"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078"> under a tarpaulin in a
            neighbour's garden after being evicted from his
            mother-in-law's garage.</span></div>
        <div dir="ltr" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3134"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">I couldn't bear to see
            it deteriorate further so I now have a real project on my
            hands. My</span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3169" dir="ltr"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078"> question concerns
            advice on the best method to clean stuck and loose petrol
            solids from <br>
          </span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3239" dir="ltr"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">the tank which is
            aluminium. It is not leaking. I guess there will be several
            list members who have <br>
          </span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3246" dir="ltr"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">experience and can
            advise. Thanks in a</span><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">dvance</span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3247" dir="ltr"><br>
          <span id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078"></span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3284" dir="ltr"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">Mike Brooks</span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3288" dir="ltr"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">'56 BN2</span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3290" dir="ltr"><span
            id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">'53 Bristol 403</span></div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3038"> </div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3131" class="signature">
          <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3130">Reply to: <a
              moz-do-not-send="true"
              id="yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3243" rel="nofollow"
              target="_blank"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.6125 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10464 - datum van
        uitgifte: 08/18/15</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------040507040700090609090707--

--===============5640073518215758152==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5640073518215758152==--

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:47:07 -0700

--===============7353068944712903114==

--001a11362cec805d45051dabf2db

Good luck with the project.  I was just looking at the prices of Bristols.
They are beyond my wallet, not my dreams. Would love to see photos.

Mr. Ira Erbs
On Aug 19, 2015 6:58 AM, "mike brooks" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've just acquired a stablemate for the 100 - it's a 1953 Bristol 403 that
> has been languishing
> I couldn't bear to see it deteriorate further so I now have a real project
> on my hands. My
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a11362cec805d45051dabf2db
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Good luck with the project.=C2=A0 I was just looking at the =
prices of Bristols. They are beyond my wallet, not my dreams. Would love to=
 see photos. </p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Mr. Ira Erbs</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Aug 19, 2015 6:58 AM, &quot;mike brooks&quot;=
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><di=
v style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:verdana,helvetica,s=
ans-serif;font-size:13px"><div><span>I&#39;ve just acquired a stablemate fo=
r the 100 - it&#39;s a 1953 Bristol 403 that has been languishing</span></d=
iv><div><span> under a tarpaulin in a neighbour&#39;s garden after being ev=
icted from his mother-in-law&#39;s garage.</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><sp=
an>I couldn&#39;t bear to see it deteriorate further so I now have a real p=
roject on my hands. My</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span> question concern=
s advice on the best method to clean stuck and loose petrol solids from <br=
></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>the tank which is aluminium. It is not=
 leaking. I guess there will be several list members who have <br></span></=
div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>experience and can advise. Thanks in a</span><sp=
an>dvance</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br><span></span></div><div dir=3D"l=
tr"><span>Mike Brooks</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>&#39;56 BN2</span>=
</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>&#39;53 Bristol 403</span></div><div>=C2=A0</d=
iv><div><div>Reply to:=C2=A0<a rel=3D"nofollow" href=3D"mailto:mike.brooks@=
alumni.warwick.ac.uk" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a=
>=C2=A0</div></div></div></div><br>________________________________________=
_______<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div>

--001a11362cec805d45051dabf2db--

--===============7353068944712903114==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7353068944712903114==--

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 09:05:27 -0700

--===============4149033692839829788==

--001a11362cec04b117051dac3403

Love the car.

Mr. Ira Erbs
On Aug 19, 2015 9:03 AM, "mike brooks" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It a - picture of Bristol 403 attached. I've only paid "poor" price for
> it. I'm intending to do most of the work myself. The superleggera frame and
> aluminium cladding is basically sound as is the chassis. It's just all very
> tatty. The original straight six engine runs but I'm having to dismantle
> just about everything else. The plan is to get everything working and them
> assess how much I'm prepared to spend on the paintwork and interior.
> Meanwhile, still looking for help on the tank cleaning!
>
> Mike Brooks.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>
> ------------------------------
> *From*:"I Erbs" <[email-masked]>
> *Date*:Wed, 19 Aug, 2015 at 4:47 pm
> *Subject*:Re: [Healeys] Non-Healey (but still relevant!) - Fuel tank
> cleaning
>

--001a11362cec04b117051dac3403
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Love the car.=C2=A0 </p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Mr. Ira Erbs</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Aug 19, 2015 9:03 AM, &quot;mike brooks&quot;=
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><table c=
ellspacing=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"0" border=3D"0"><tr><td valign=3D"top">It a=
 - picture of Bristol 403 attached. I&#39;ve only paid &quot;poor&quot; pri=
ce for it. I&#39;m intending to do most of the work myself. The superlegger=
a frame and aluminium cladding is basically sound as is the chassis. It&#39=
;s just all very tatty. The original straight six engine runs but I&#39;m h=
aving to dismantle just about everything else. The plan is to get everythin=
g working and them assess how much I&#39;m prepared to spend on the paintwo=
rk and interior. Meanwhile, still looking for help on the tank cleaning!<di=
v><br></div><div>Mike Brooks.<br><div><br><p><a href=3D"https://overview.ma=
il.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=3DAndroid" target=3D"_blank">Sent from Yahoo Mail=
 on Android</a></p> <hr><table cellspacing=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"0" border=
=3D"0"> <tbody> <tr> <td valign=3D"top"> <div style=3D"font-family:Roboto,s=
ans-serif;color:#7e7d80"><b>From</b>:&quot;I Erbs&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br><b>Date<=
/b>:Wed, 19 Aug, 2015 at 4:47 pm<br><b>Subject</b>:Re: [Healeys] Non-Healey=
 (but still relevant!) - Fuel tank cleaning<br><br></div> <p dir=3D"ltr">Go=
od luck with the project.=C2=A0 I was just looking at the prices of Bristol=
s. They are beyond my wallet, not my dreams. Would love to see photos. </p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">Mr. Ira Erbs</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Aug 19, 2015 6:58 AM, &quot;mike brooks&quot;=
 &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrot=
e:<br clear=3D"none"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 =
0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div><div style=3D=
"color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:verdana,helvetica,sans-serif;=
font-size:13px"><div><span>I&#39;ve just acquired a stablemate for the 100 =
- it&#39;s a 1953 Bristol 403 that has been languishing</span></div><div><s=
pan> under a tarpaulin in a neighbour&#39;s garden after being evicted from=
 his mother-in-law&#39;s garage.</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>I could=
n&#39;t bear to see it deteriorate further so I now have a real project on =
my hands. My</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span> question concerns advice o=
n the best method to clean stuck and loose petrol solids from
 <br clear=3D"none"></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>the tank which is a=
luminium. It is not leaking. I guess there will be several list members who=
 have <br clear=3D"none"></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>experience and=
 can advise. Thanks in a</span><span>dvance</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><b=
r clear=3D"none"><span></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>Mike Brooks</spa=
n></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>&#39;56 BN2</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><sp=
an>&#39;53 Bristol 403</span></div><div>=C2=A0</div><div><div>Reply to:=C2=
=A0<a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect">[email-masked]</a>=
=C2=A0</div></div></div></div></div><br clear=3D"none">____________________=
___________________________<br clear=3D"none">
.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br =
clear=3D"none">
Archive: <a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/arc=
hive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br clear=3D"none">
Forums: <a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/foru=
ms" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
<a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect">[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"n=
one">
<a rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/he=
aleys</a><br clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br clea=
r=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none">
<br clear=3D"none"></blockquote></div></td>  </tr>   </tbody>   </table></d=
iv></div></td></tr></table></blockquote></div>

--001a11362cec04b117051dac3403--

--===============4149033692839829788==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4149033692839829788==--

---

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 10:09:43 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8862245010977024512==
 boundary="------------000206000303060901020604"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000206000303060901020604
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 8/19/2015 9:47 AM, I Erbs wrote:
>
> Good luck with the project.  I was just looking at the prices of 
> Bristols. They are beyond my wallet, not my dreams. Would love to see 
> photos.
>
> Mr. Ira Erbs
>
> On Aug 19, 2015 6:58 AM, "mike brooks" <[email-masked] 
>
>     I've just acquired a stablemate for the 100 - it's a 1953 Bristol
>     403 that has been languishing
>     under a tarpaulin in a neighbour's garden after being evicted from
>     his mother-in-law's garage.
>     question concerns advice on the best method to clean stuck and
>     loose petrol solids from
>     the tank which is aluminium. It is not leaking. I guess there will
>     be several list members who have
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------000206000303060901020604
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/19/2015 9:47 AM, I Erbs wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:CACPMnYq8imGx+9=o+fn4RaG56o0hjDb+pJjssS7nw=nDeYjq=[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <p dir="ltr">Good luck with the project.  I was just looking at
        the prices of Bristols. They are beyond my wallet, not my
        dreams. Would love to see photos. </p>
      <p dir="ltr">Mr. Ira Erbs</p>
      <div class="gmail_quote">On Aug 19, 2015 6:58 AM, "mike brooks"
        &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
        wrote:<br type="attribution">
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div>
            <div
style="color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:verdana,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:13px">
              <div><span>I've just acquired a stablemate for the 100 -
                  it's a 1953 Bristol 403 that has been languishing</span></div>
              <div><span> under a tarpaulin in a neighbour's garden
                  after being evicted from his mother-in-law's garage.</span></div>
              <div dir="ltr"><span>I couldn't bear to see it deteriorate
                  further so I now have a real project on my hands. My</span></div>
              <div dir="ltr"><span> question concerns advice on the best
                  method to clean stuck and loose petrol solids from <br>
                </span></div>
              <div dir="ltr"><span>the tank which is aluminium. It is
                  not leaking. I guess there will be several list
                  members who have <br>
                </span></div>
              <div dir="ltr"><span>experience and can advise. Thanks in
                  a</span><span>dvance</span></div>
              <div dir="ltr"><br>
                <span></span></div>
              <div dir="ltr"><span>Mike Brooks</span></div>
              <div dir="ltr"><span>'56 BN2</span></div>
              <div dir="ltr"><span>'53 Bristol 403</span></div>
              <div> </div>
              <div>
                <div>Reply to: <a moz-do-not-send="true" rel="nofollow"
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank">[email-masked]</a> </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
          <br>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
          Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/forums" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
          <br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.porterbikes.com/">www.porterbikes.com/</a>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------000206000303060901020604--

--===============8862245010977024512==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8862245010977024512==--

---

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 10:10:17 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5221660538720596281==
 boundary="------------020807040107060702080300"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020807040107060702080300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

http://porterscustom.com/category/auto-restoration/
Check this out Ira..
Dave

--------------020807040107060702080300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://porterscustom.com/category/auto-restoration/">http://porterscustom.com/category/auto-restoration/</a><br>
    Check this out Ira..<br>
    Dave<br>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>

--------------020807040107060702080300--

--===============5221660538720596281==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5221660538720596281==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 10:12:17 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0668027728925000578==
 boundary="------------010905090403060801040507"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010905090403060801040507
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Not exactly the answer to your question--and most of us prefer to do it 
ourselves where possible--but it looks like you're going to have your 
hands full with this project (can't imagine parts would be easy to 
source).  Why not 'farm out' the gas tank to one of the commercial 
cleaning/repair outfits while you attend to other issues?

Bob

On 8/19/2015 9:03 AM, mike brooks wrote:
> It a - picture of Bristol 403 attached. I've only paid "poor" price 
> for it. I'm intending to do most of the work myself. The superleggera 
> frame and aluminium cladding is basically sound as is the chassis. 
> It's just all very tatty. The original straight six engine runs but 
> I'm having to dismantle just about everything else. The plan is to get 
> everything working and them assess how much I'm prepared to spend on 
> the paintwork and interior. Meanwhile, still looking for help on the 
> tank cleaning!
>
> Mike Brooks.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> <javascript:return>> wrote:
>
>     Reply to: [email-masked] <javascript:return>
>

--------------010905090403060801040507
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Not exactly the answer to your question--and most of us prefer to do
    it ourselves where possible--but it looks like you're going to have
    your hands full with this project (can't imagine parts would be easy
    to source).  Why not 'farm out' the gas tank to one of the
    commercial cleaning/repair outfits while you attend to other issues?<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/19/2015 9:03 AM, mike brooks
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
        <tbody>
          <tr>
            <td valign="top">It a - picture of Bristol 403 attached.
              I've only paid "poor" price for it. I'm intending to do
              most of the work myself. The superleggera frame and
              aluminium cladding is basically sound as is the chassis.
              It's just all very tatty. The original straight six engine
              runs but I'm having to dismantle just about everything
              else. The plan is to get everything working and them
              assess how much I'm prepared to spend on the paintwork and
              interior. Meanwhile, still looking for help on the tank
              cleaning!
              <div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_0.08569800690747797"><br>
              </div>
              <div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_0.08569800690747797">Mike
                Brooks.<br>
                <div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_0.8258413856383413"><br>
                  <p><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android">Sent
                      from Yahoo Mail on Android</a></p>
                  <hr>
                  <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                    <tbody>
                      <tr>
                        <td valign="top">
                          <div style="font-family:Roboto,
                            sans-serif;color:#7e7d80;"><b>From</b>:"I
                            Erbs" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                            <b>Date</b>:Wed, 19 Aug, 2015 at 4:47 pm<br>
                            <b>Subject</b>:Re: [Healeys] Non-Healey (but
                            still relevant!) - Fuel tank cleaning<br>
                            <br>
                          </div>
                          <p dir="ltr">Good luck with the project.  I
                            was just looking at the prices of Bristols.
                            They are beyond my wallet, not my dreams.
                            Would love to see photos. </p>
                          <p dir="ltr">Mr. Ira Erbs</p>
                          <div class="gmail_quote">On Aug 19, 2015 6:58
                            AM, "mike brooks" &lt;<a
                              moz-do-not-send="true" rel="nofollow"
                              shape="rect"
                              ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                              target="_blank" href="javascript:return"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;
                            wrote:<br clear="none">
                            <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
                              style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px
                              #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
                              <div class="yQTDBase yqt2627422930"
                                id="yqt57817">
                                <div>
                                  <div
                                    style="color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:verdana,
                                    helvetica,
                                    sans-serif;font-size:13px;">
                                    <div><span>I've just acquired a
                                        stablemate for the 100 - it's a
                                        1953 Bristol 403 that has been
                                        languishing</span></div>
                                    <div><span> under a tarpaulin in a
                                        neighbour's garden after being
                                        evicted from his mother-in-law's
                                        garage.</span></div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><span>I couldn't bear
                                        to see it deteriorate further so
                                        I now have a real project on my
                                        hands. My</span></div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><span> question
                                        concerns advice on the best
                                        method to clean stuck and loose
                                        petrol solids from <br
                                          clear="none">
                                      </span></div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><span>the tank which
                                        is aluminium. It is not leaking.
                                        I guess there will be several
                                        list members who have <br
                                          clear="none">
                                      </span></div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><span>experience and
                                        can advise. Thanks in a</span><span>dvance</span></div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><br clear="none">
                                      <span></span></div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><span>Mike Brooks</span></div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><span>'56 BN2</span></div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><span>'53 Bristol 403</span></div>
                                    <div> </div>
                                    <div>
                                      <div>Reply to: <a
                                          moz-do-not-send="true"
                                          rel="nofollow" shape="rect"
                                          ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                          target="_blank"
                                          href="javascript:return"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a> </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </div>
                              <br>
                            </blockquote>
                          </div>
                        </td>
                      </tr>
                    </tbody>
                  </table>
                </div>
              </div>
            </td>
          </tr>
        </tbody>
      </table>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010905090403060801040507--

--===============0668027728925000578==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0668027728925000578==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 10:54:04 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2320129064873097493==
 boundary="------------060506020006090203080900"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060506020006090203080900
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

... Or, try one of the cleaner/etchers from Bill Hirsch, Eastwood, etc.

On 8/19/2015 10:12 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:
> to source).  Why not 'farm out' the gas tank to one of the commercial 
>> I'm having to dismantle just about everything else. The plan is to 
>> get everything working and them assess how much I'm prepared to spend 
>> on the paintwork and interior. Meanwhile, still looking for help on 
>> the tank cleaning!
>>
>> Mike Brooks.
>>
>>     under a tarpaulin in a neighbour's garden after being evicted
>>     from his mother-in-law's garage.
>>     I couldn't bear to see it deteriorate further so I now have a
>>     real project on my hands. My
>>     the tank which is aluminium. It is not leaking. I guess there
>>     will be several list members who have

--------------060506020006090203080900
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    ... Or, try one of the cleaner/etchers from Bill Hirsch, Eastwood,
    etc.<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/19/2015 10:12 AM, Bob Spidell
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      Not exactly the answer to your question--and most of us prefer to
      do it ourselves where possible--but it looks like you're going to
      have your hands full with this project (can't imagine parts would
      be easy to source).  Why not 'farm out' the gas tank to one of the
      commercial cleaning/repair outfits while you attend to other
      issues?<br>
      <br>
      Bob<br>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/19/2015 9:03 AM, mike brooks
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
        type="cite">
        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
          <tbody>
            <tr>
              <td valign="top">It a - picture of Bristol 403 attached.
                I've only paid "poor" price for it. I'm intending to do
                most of the work myself. The superleggera frame and
                aluminium cladding is basically sound as is the chassis.
                It's just all very tatty. The original straight six
                engine runs but I'm having to dismantle just about
                everything else. The plan is to get everything working
                and them assess how much I'm prepared to spend on the
                paintwork and interior. Meanwhile, still looking for
                help on the tank cleaning!
                <div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_0.08569800690747797"><br>
                </div>
                <div id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_0.08569800690747797">Mike

                  Brooks.<br>
                  <div
                    id="yMail_cursorElementTracker_0.8258413856383413"><br>
                    <p><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                        href="https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android">Sent

                        from Yahoo Mail on Android</a></p>
                    <hr>
                    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                      <tbody>
                        <tr>
                          <td valign="top">
                            <div style="font-family:Roboto,
                              sans-serif;color:#7e7d80;"><b>From</b>:"I
                              Erbs" <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                                class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                                href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                              <b>Date</b>:Wed, 19 Aug, 2015 at 4:47 pm<br>
                              <b>Subject</b>:Re: [Healeys] Non-Healey
                              (but still relevant!) - Fuel tank cleaning<br>
                              <br>
                            </div>
                            <p dir="ltr">Good luck with the project.  I
                              was just looking at the prices of
                              Bristols. They are beyond my wallet, not
                              my dreams. Would love to see photos. </p>
                            <p dir="ltr">Mr. Ira Erbs</p>
                            <div class="gmail_quote">On Aug 19, 2015
                              6:58 AM, "mike brooks" &lt;<a
                                moz-do-not-send="true"
                                class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                                href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;

                              wrote:<br clear="none">
                              <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
                                style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px
                                #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
                                <div class="yQTDBase yqt2627422930"
                                  id="yqt57817">
                                  <div>
                                    <div
                                      style="color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:verdana,
                                      helvetica,
                                      sans-serif;font-size:13px;">
                                      <div><span>I've just acquired a
                                          stablemate for the 100 - it's
                                          a 1953 Bristol 403 that has
                                          been languishing</span></div>
                                      <div><span> under a tarpaulin in a
                                          neighbour's garden after being
                                          evicted from his
                                          mother-in-law's garage.</span></div>
                                      <div dir="ltr"><span>I couldn't
                                          bear to see it deteriorate
                                          further so I now have a real
                                          project on my hands. My</span></div>
                                      <div dir="ltr"><span> question
                                          concerns advice on the best
                                          method to clean stuck and
                                          loose petrol solids from <br
                                            clear="none">
                                        </span></div>
                                      <div dir="ltr"><span>the tank
                                          which is aluminium. It is not
                                          leaking. I guess there will be
                                          several list members who have
                                          <br clear="none">
                                        </span></div>
                                      <div dir="ltr"><span>experience
                                          and can advise. Thanks in a</span><span>dvance</span></div>
                                      <div dir="ltr"><br clear="none">
                                        <span></span></div>
                                      <div dir="ltr"><span>Mike Brooks</span></div>
                                      <div dir="ltr"><span>'56 BN2</span></div>
                                      <div dir="ltr"><span>'53 Bristol
                                          403</span></div>
                                      <div> </div>
                                      <div>
                                        <div>Reply to: <a
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                                            class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a> </div>
                                      </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                                <br>
                              </blockquote>
                            </div>
                          </td>
                        </tr>
                      </tbody>
                    </table>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </td>
            </tr>
          </tbody>
        </table>
      </blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------060506020006090203080900--

--===============2320129064873097493==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2320129064873097493==--

---

From: Charlie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 16:40:34 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7758484368205992067==
	boundary="----=_Part_277386_158829363.1440088834493"

------=_Part_277386_158829363.1440088834493
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Mike, 

Have you searched on the internet for ideas? There seems to be a lot of information from boat owners about this. If your tank has baffles, it will be more difficult. 
There are also some chemicals that you can get to dissolve varnish and sludge in your tank. 
https://www.google.com/search?q=cleaning+out+aluminum+fuel+tank&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=cleaning+out+aluminum+fuel+tank&tbm=shop&spd=5287522232049980055 

Charlie 

----- Original Message -----

I've just acquired a stablemate for the 100 - it's a 1953 Bristol 403 that has been languishing 
under a tarpaulin in a neighbour's garden after being evicted from his mother-in-law's garage. 
I couldn't bear to see it deteriorate further so I now have a real project on my hands. My 
question concerns advice on the best method to clean stuck and loose petrol solids from 
the tank which is aluminium. It is not leaking. I guess there will be several list members who have 
experience and can advise. Thanks in a dvance 

Mike Brooks 
'56 BN2 
'53 Bristol 403 

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive Forums: http://www.team.net/forums [email-masked] http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 

Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht. 
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com 
Versie: 2015.0.6125 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10464 - datum van uitgifte: 08/18/15 

[email-masked] 

------=_Part_277386_158829363.1440088834493
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Mike,<br></div><div><br></div><div>Hav=
e you searched on the internet for ideas?&nbsp; There seems to be a lot of =
information from boat owners about this.&nbsp; If your tank has baffles, it=
 will be more difficult.</div><div>There are also some chemicals that you c=
an get to dissolve varnish and sludge in your tank.<br></div><div><a href=
=3D"https://www.google.com/search?q=3Dcleaning+out+aluminum+fuel+tank&amp;i=
e=3Dutf-8&amp;oe=3Dutf-8#q=3Dcleaning+out+aluminum+fuel+tank&amp;tbm=3Dshop=
&amp;spd=3D5287522232049980055">https://www.google.com/search?q=3Dcleaning+=
out+aluminum+fuel+tank&amp;ie=3Dutf-8&amp;oe=3Dutf-8#q=3Dcleaning+out+alumi=
num+fuel+tank&amp;tbm=3Dshop&amp;spd=3D5287522232049980055</a></div><div><b=
r></div><div>Charlie<br></div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D=
"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-=
family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;" data-mce-style=3D"color:=
 #000; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font=
-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;"><br><div class=3D"mo=
z-cite-prefix"><br> mike brooks schreef op 19-8-2015 om 15:58:<br></div><bl=
ockquote cite=3D"mid:[email-masked]=
hoo.com"><div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3040"><span id=3D"yui_3=
_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">I've just acquired a stablemate for the 100 - i=
t's a 1953 Bristol 403 that has been languishing</span></div><div id=3D"yui=
_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3128"><span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">=
 under a tarpaulin in a neighbour's garden after being evicted from his mot=
her-in-law's garage.</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_143999=
0978171_3134"><span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">I couldn't bear =
to see it deteriorate further so I now have a real project on my hands. My<=
/span></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3169" dir=3D"ltr"><span i=
d=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078"> question concerns advice on the best=
 method to clean stuck and loose petrol solids from <br> </span></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3239" dir=3D"ltr"><span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1=
_1439990978171_3078">the tank which is aluminium. It is not leaking. I gues=
s there will be several list members who have <br> </span></div><div id=3D"=
yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3246" dir=3D"ltr"><span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_14399=
90978171_3078">experience and can advise. Thanks in a</span><span id=3D"yui=
_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">dvance</span></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_14=
39990978171_3247" dir=3D"ltr"><br> <span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3=
078"></span></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3284" dir=3D"ltr"><=
span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">Mike Brooks</span></div><div id=
=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3288" dir=3D"ltr"><span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1=
439990978171_3078">'56 BN2</span></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_143999097817=
1_3290" dir=3D"ltr"><span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3078">'53 Bristo=
l 403</span></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3038">&nbsp;</div><=
div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3131" class=3D"signature"><div id=3D"y=
ui_3_16_0_1_1439990978171_3130">Reply to:&nbsp;<a id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_143999=
0978171_3243" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:mike.brooks=
@alumni.warwick.ac.uk" data-mce-href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
c.uk">[email-masked]</a>&nbsp;</div></div></div><br><fiel=
dset class=3D"mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset><br><pre>___________________=
____________________________
.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank" data-mce-href=3D"http://www.team.net/do=
nate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://www.team.net/arc=
hive" target=3D"_blank" data-mce-href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http:=
//www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://www.team.net/foru=
ms" target=3D"_blank" data-mce-href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://w=
ww.team.net/forums</a>

<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
" target=3D"_blank" data-mce-href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Healeys=
@autox.team.net</a>
<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank" data-mce-href=3D"http://autox.team.net/ma=
ilman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" =
data-mce-href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@=
chello.nl">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello=
.nl</a>

</pre><br><fieldset class=3D"mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset><br><p class=
=3D"">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br> Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a h=
ref=3D"http://www.avg.com" target=3D"_blank" data-mce-href=3D"http://www.av=
g.com">www.avg.com</a><br> Versie: 2015.0.6125 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10464 =
- datum van uitgifte: 08/18/15</p></blockquote><br><div><br></div>_________=
______________________________________<br>Support Team.Net http://www.team.=
net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive: http:=
//www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br><div><br></=
div>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healey=
s<br><div><br></div>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/optio=
ns/healeys/[email-masked]<br><div><br></div></div><div><br></div></d=
iv></body></html>
------=_Part_277386_158829363.1440088834493--

--===============7758484368205992067==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7758484368205992067==--

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 14:02:41 -0400

--===============6995450677307141336==

--001a113f92c0128e85051dc1f526

The guys on the Spridget list tend towards being members of the "we tight"
club and the late Frank Clarici (aka "Spritenut") was tighter than most.
His fuel tank cleaning method was legendary as can be seen by the following
post:

I know Spring must be coming when Frank suggests we
throw another tank on the barbie!

Rick

--- Frank Clarici <[email-masked]> wrote:
>* jack skeffington wrote:*
>
>* > What's the "we tight" way to clean and preserve a*
>* gas tank. *
>
>* Remove the sender, put in some large nuts and bolts,*
>* fill it with water *
>* and simmer for an hour or 2 on the gas grill.*
>* shake it up before and after and dump out the nuts*
>* and bolts. You may *
>* need a magnet to retrieve some of those nuts and*
>* bolts, That is why we *
>* no longer use rocks ;)*
>
>
>* -- *

*Make sure the tank is completely filled with water and stays that
way.  You don't want any explosions.*

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 9:58 AM, mike brooks <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a113f92c0128e85051dc1f526
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">The guys on the Spridget list tend towards being members o=
f the &quot;we tight&quot; club and the late Frank Clarici (aka &quot;Sprit=
enut&quot;) was tighter than most.=C2=A0 His fuel tank cleaning method was =
legendary as can be seen by the following post:<div><br></div><div><pre sty=
le=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(238,238,238)">I know Spring mus=
t be coming when Frank suggests we
throw another tank on the barbie!

Rick

--- Frank Clarici &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">spritenut@ex=
it109.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;<i> jack skeffington wrote:</i>
&gt;<i> </i>
&gt;<i> &gt; What&#39;s the &quot;we tight&quot; way to clean and preserve =
a</i>
&gt;<i> gas tank. </i>
&gt;<i> </i>
&gt;<i> Remove the sender, put in some large nuts and bolts,</i>
&gt;<i> fill it with water </i>
&gt;<i> and simmer for an hour or 2 on the gas grill.</i>
&gt;<i> shake it up before and after and dump out the nuts</i>
&gt;<i> and bolts. You may </i>
&gt;<i> need a magnet to retrieve some of those nuts and</i>
&gt;<i> bolts, That is why we </i>
&gt;<i> no longer use rocks ;)</i>
&gt;<i> </i>
&gt;<i> </i>
&gt;<i> -- </i></pre><pre style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(23=
8,238,238)"><i>Make sure the tank is completely filled with water and stays=
 that way.  You don&#39;t want any explosions.</i></pre><pre style=3D"color=
:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(238,238,238)"><i><br></i></pre></div></div=
><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Aug 19, =
2015 at 9:58 AM, mike brooks <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:hyperc=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> w=
rote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;borde=
r-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"color:#000;backg=
round-color:#fff;font-family:verdana,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><=
div><span>I&#39;ve just acquired a stablemate for the 100 - it&#39;s a 1953=
 Bristol 403 that has been languishing</span></div><div><span> under a tarp=
aulin in a neighbour&#39;s garden after being evicted from his mother-in-la=
w&#39;s garage.</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>I couldn&#39;t bear to s=
ee it deteriorate further so I now have a real project on my hands. My</spa=
n></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span> question concerns advice on the best method=
 to clean stuck and loose petrol solids from <br></span></div><div dir=3D"l=
tr"><span>the tank which is aluminium. It is not leaking. I guess there wil=
l be several list members who have <br></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>=
experience and can advise. Thanks in a</span><span>dvance</span></div><div =
dir=3D"ltr"><br><span></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>Mike Brooks</span=
></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span>&#39;56 BN2</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr"><spa=
n>&#39;53 Bristol 403</span></div><div>=C2=A0</div><div><div>Reply to:=C2=
=A0<a rel=3D"nofollow" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" tar=
get=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>=C2=A0</div></div></div>=
</div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113f92c0128e85051dc1f526--

--===============6995450677307141336==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6995450677307141336==--