Subject: [Healeys] re triplex logo

From: carroll phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 21:11:03 -0400 (EDT)

--Boundary_(ID_dgvIzS3NFiOUCRujmRCeMA)
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_ilbMjqCdB5xfxWOmjJTsUQ)"

--Boundary_(ID_ilbMjqCdB5xfxWOmjJTsUQ)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-disposition: inline

Tadet,
Here is your info and a pic of my 64 BJ8 vent window and a 66 
windshield, I believe they are all the same, until you get to the later 
style with the large XXX. The dating has to do with the tiny dots above 
the letters.
Carroll Phillips
Top Down Restorations

--Boundary_(ID_ilbMjqCdB5xfxWOmjJTsUQ)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-disposition: inline

Tadet,<br><br>Here is your info and a pic of my 64 BJ8 vent window and a 66 windshield, I believe they are all the same, until you get to the later style with the large XXX. The dating has to do with the tiny dots above the letters.<br><br>Carroll Phillips <br><br>Top Down Restorations<br>

--Boundary_(ID_ilbMjqCdB5xfxWOmjJTsUQ)--

--Boundary_(ID_dgvIzS3NFiOUCRujmRCeMA)
Content-disposition: attachment;
 filename="MG BBS Thread  MGC  Dating Triplex Glass.mht"

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:25:03 -0500
From: <Saved by Windows Internet Explorer 7>
Subject: MG BBS Thread | MGC | Dating Triplex Glass
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_WXOJrX+n8mbQoxlkASkDAA)"; type="text/html"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--Boundary_(ID_WXOJrX+n8mbQoxlkASkDAA)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-Location:  http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&mode=thread&access=&subject=5&source=T&thread=200901140717181344

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<!--start 23:23:19 --><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>MG BBS Thread | MGC | Dating Triplex Glass</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><!--bbs version 10.2-->
<META http-equiv=Pragma content=no-cache>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16788" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY text=#000000 vLink=#2f2f4f link=#000080 bgColor=#ffffff>
<TABLE height=110 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" bgColor=#004030 
border=0>
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD vAlign=center><A href="http://www.mgcars.org.uk/index.html"><IMG 
      alt=home src="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/pics/mglogo-t.gif" border=0></A> 
      <A href="https://securemg.ipl.co.uk/mgcars/hats/index.html"><IMG alt=Order 
      src="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/images/mghatadvertbbs.gif" border=0></A> <!--</td><td align=center><a href=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub/Spridget2008/Home.html><img src="/images/spridget50bbs.jpg" alt="Saturday 24th May at Gaydon Motor Heritage Centre - 1000 cars coming" border=0></a>--></TD>
    <TD align=right><A 
      href="http://www.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgr"><IMG 
      src="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/pics/mgroverban.gif" border=0></A><BR><BR>
      <FORM name=menu action=/cgi-bin/gen5 method=post><FONT face=arial 
      color=#9ec6db size=+0><B>The MG Enthusiasts' BBS</B></FONT> <FONT 
      face=arial size=-2><SELECT onchange=document.menu.submit() name=nextform> 
        <OPTION value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/index.html selected>Home<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/adverts.html>Advertisers<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/class/>Classifieds<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/news/>News<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/clubs.html>Clubs<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/garages/index.html>Specialists<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/events/events.html>Events<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/owners/index.html>Owners<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/models.html>Models<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/gallery/gallery.html>Gallery<OPTION 
        value=http://www.mgcars.org.uk/members/>Members Only</OPTION></SELECT> <INPUT type=submit value=Go></FORM></FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR><FONT 
face=arial color=#000000 size=+0>You are not currently logged in as a member, so 
any postings will show a non-member status. For member's status <A 
href="http://www.mgcars.org.uk/members/"><B>login or register</B></A> and then 
click on the BBS link from your personalised home page. Membership benefits 
include: Your details automatically prompted when you post. Access to the 
archives. Customise the way the BBS looks and works. Post classifieds and 
contact other members by email. There is no charge for this service.</FONT><BR>
<TABLE width="100%">
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD><FONT face=arial size=+0><B>MGC</B></FONT></TD></TR>
  <TR>
    <TD align=right><FONT face=arial size=-1>
      <FORM name=jumpingT action=/cgi-bin/gen5 method=get><INPUT type=hidden 
      value=mgbbs name=runprog> <INPUT type=hidden name=access> <INPUT 
      type=hidden value=tlist name=mode> <B>Jump to: </B><SELECT 
      onchange=document.jumpingT.submit() name=subject> <OPTION value=112 
        selected>MG Car Company<OPTION value=114>MG Z Saloons<OPTION 
        value=116>MG XPower SV<OPTION value=85>MGs Events and Social UK<OPTION 
        value=122>MGs Events and Social USA/Canada<OPTION value=124>MGs Events 
        and Social Europe(non-UK)<OPTION value=2>MGF General<OPTION value=69>MGF 
        Technical<OPTION value=70>MGB General<OPTION value=71>MGB 
        Technical<OPTION value=110>Midget and Sprite General<OPTION 
        value=97>Midget and Sprite Technical<OPTION value=125>Midget and Sprite 
        Events<OPTION value=6>MGA<OPTION value=8>T Series TD-TF<OPTION 
        value=83>T Series TA,TB,TC<OPTION value=7>Metro Montego Maestro 
        General<OPTION value=21>Metro Montego Maestro Technical<OPTION 
        value=76>Twin cam 16v K ser - Midgets and B's<OPTION value=36>MGB engine 
        conversions<OPTION value=120>MGB GT V8 factory originals<OPTION 
        value=15>MG RV8<OPTION value=18>Magnette<OPTION value=123>Farina<OPTION 
        value=100>MG 1100 and 1300 Sports Sedans<OPTION value=13>MG 
        Y-type<OPTION value=9>Pre-War<OPTION value=23>Newsletter Editor's 
        Forum<OPTION value=119>Club Officer's Forum<OPTION 
        value=11>Questions<OPTION value=14>Bargain Alerts<OPTION value=33>Le 
        Forum des Francophones<OPTION value=62>MG Trivia<OPTION value=74>Lead 
        fuel substitutes<OPTION value=81>Historical Research<OPTION 
        value=84>Horizon<OPTION value=96>MG QUIZ PAGE<OPTION value=99>MG 
        Electrical Problems and Solutions<OPTION value=106>MG Flame Wars<OPTION 
        value=109>Transport America-Netherlands<OPTION value=111>MG 
        interchangeable parts<OPTION value=113>Fuel prices<OPTION 
        value=115>Supercharging<OPTION value=117>Importing cars<OPTION 
        value=118>Rust and Restoration<OPTION value=121>Sprintex</OPTION></SELECT> 
<INPUT type=submit value=Go> </FORM></FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0>
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD align=right><FONT face=arial size=-2><A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;mode=thread&amp;access=&amp;subject=5&amp;source=T&amp;thread=200901140717181344#add">Add 
      your comment</A> | <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;subject=5&amp;mode=newthread">New 
      thread</A> | <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;mode=thread&amp;subject=5&amp;thread=200901140717181344&amp;invert=reverse">Invert</A> 
      | <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;mode=tlist&amp;subject=5">List 
      threads</A> | <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;mode=mlist&amp;subject=5">List 
      messages</A> | <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;mode=slist">Subjects</A> 
      | <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;mode=lastpost">Last 
      posts</A> | <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;mode=adindex">Advertisers</A> 
      | <A href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/bbs.html">BBS by email</A> | <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;mode=searchf">Search</A> 
      </FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<FORM action=/cgi-bin/gen5 method=post>
<TABLE cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0>
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD width="100%" bgColor=#d5e6e1><B><FONT face=arial size=-1>Thread: 
      Dating Triplex Glass</FONT></B></TD></TR>
  <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f7f7f7>
      <TABLE width="100%">
        <TBODY>
        <TR>
          <TD align=right><FONT face=arial color=#000066 size=-2>Posted <B>14 
            January 2009</B> at <B>07:17:18</B> UK time</FONT> </TD></TR>
        <TR>
          <TD><FONT face=arial size=-1><B>Bob Muenchausen, Oregon, 
            USA</B></FONT> 
            <P><FONT face=arial size=-1>Chris Roop passed this on over on 
            another MG BBS and I felt you folks would like to know this info 
            too. However, this does not apply to current Pilkington/Triplex 
            glass.<BR><BR>TRIPLEX DATE CODING<BR><BR>MG's made in the 1950's to 
            the late 1970's can be dated by the 'TRIPLEX CODE' etched into the 
            toughened glass. My 75 GT has Sicursive side glass but a Triplex 
            heated back-light with a code that fits the date of build of the 
            car. This also works for any other make using TRIPLEX 
            glass.<BR><BR>Note that it dates the GLASS, so is only an indication 
            of the cars age, assuming the glass is original.<BR><BR>If you are 
            not quite sure of the year of your car, but the decade is known, 
            just look for two dots in the TRIPLEX logo on the glass.<BR><BR>One 
            dot above T, R, E, or X gives the quarter of the year the glass was 
            manufactured:<BR>T = Jan, Feb, March,<BR>R = April, May, June,<BR>E 
            = July Aug, Sept,<BR>X = Oct, Nov, Dec.<BR>but which 
            year?<BR><BR>Nine letters make the word TOUGHENED, one dot below a 
            letter gives the year of the decade:<BR>T = 1<BR>O = 2<BR>U = 3 and 
            so on.<BR>However, if you see no dot, the year is zero.<BR><BR>Say 
            your car is a 1950's MG, then<BR><BR>TRiplEX TOUGHENED, with one dot 
            over the 'R' in Triplex, and the other under the last 'E' in 
            Toughened, indicates 'April/May/June 1958'.</FONT> 
      </P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
  <TR>
    <TD vAlign=top bgColor=#dedfdf>
      <TABLE width="100%">
        <TBODY>
        <TR>
          <TD align=right><FONT face=arial color=#000066 size=-2>Posted <B>14 
            January 2009</B> at <B>16:57:37</B> UK time</FONT> </TD></TR>
        <TR>
          <TD><FONT face=arial size=-1><B>Ray Harpur, Surrey, United 
            Kingdom</B></FONT> 
            <P><FONT face=arial size=-1>Bob<BR><BR>Thanks for information in 
            your posting <BR><BR>Ray</FONT> </P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR>
  <TR>
    <TD><FONT face=arial size=-1>If you would like to print this thread please 
      <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;mode=thread&amp;subject=5&amp;thread=200901140717181344&amp;invert=invert&amp;threadprint=yes">click 
      here</A> to get a copy of the page without all of the superfluous 
      information (and then use the print option on your browser). Please <A 
      href="mailto:[email-masked]?subject=BBS%20abuse%205%20200901140717181344"><B>report 
      abuse</B></A> immediately.</FONT> <BR>
  <TR>
    <TD bgColor=#f7f7f7><FONT face=arial size=-1><INPUT type=hidden 
      value=mgbbs name=runprog> <INPUT type=hidden name=access> <INPUT 
      type=hidden value=addthread name=mode> <INPUT type=hidden value=T 
      name=source> <A name=add></A><B>Add your comment to this 
      thread</B></FONT><BR><BR><FONT face=arial size=-1>To participate in this 
      thread please complete this form and press submit. If you would like to 
      start a new thread <A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&amp;access=&amp;subject=5&amp;mode=newthread">click 
      here</A>
      <P><INPUT type=hidden maxLength=50 size=31 value="Dating Triplex Glass" 
      name=title1> Please complete all fields<BR><BR>Your name:<BR></FONT><FONT 
      face=arial size=+0><INPUT size=15 name=ename><BR></FONT><FONT face=arial 
      size=-1>Your geographic location:<BR></FONT><FONT face=arial 
      size=+0><INPUT size=15 name=eloc><BR></FONT><FONT face=arial size=-1>Your 
      email address:<BR></FONT><FONT face=arial size=+0><INPUT size=15 
      name=eemail> (This will be published if submitted)<BR></FONT><FONT 
      face=arial size=-1><INPUT type=radio CHECKED value=email name=eemails> 
      show email unlinked<BR><INPUT type=radio value=link name=eemails> email 
      hotlink<BR></FONT><BR><FONT face=arial size=-2><A 
      href="http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/members/">Members</A> can have this part 
      of the form filled automatically and customise the look and feel of the 
      BBS. <BR>Your comment :</FONT><BR><FONT face=arial size=+0><TEXTAREA name=comments rows=30 cols=55 off></TEXTAREA> <INPUT 
      type=hidden value=commentsbr=comments name=textarealist> <INPUT 
      type=hidden value=5 name=subject> <INPUT type=hidden 
      value=200901140717181344 name=thread> </FONT><FONT face=arial size=-1><BR><INPUT type=submit value=Submit> 
</FONT></P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>
<TABLE cellPadding=5 width="100%">
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD><FONT face=arial size=-2>All times are local UK. </FONT></TD>
    <TD noWrap align=right><FONT face=arial size=-1>
      <FORM name=jumpingB action=/cgi-bin/gen5 method=get><INPUT type=hidden 
      value=mgbbs name=runprog> <INPUT type=hidden name=access> <INPUT 
      type=hidden value=tlist name=mode> <B>Jump to: </B><SELECT 
      onchange=document.jumpingB.submit() name=subject> <OPTION value=112>MG 
        Car Company<OPTION value=114>MG Z Saloons<OPTION value=116>MG XPower 
        SV<OPTION value=85>MGs Events and Social UK<OPTION value=122>MGs Events 
        and Social USA/Canada<OPTION value=124>MGs Events and Social 
        Europe(non-UK)<OPTION value=2>MGF General<OPTION value=69>MGF 
        Technical<OPTION value=70>MGB General<OPTION value=71>MGB 
        Technical<OPTION value=110>Midget and Sprite General<OPTION 
        value=97>Midget and Sprite Technical<OPTION value=125>Midget and Sprite 
        Events<OPTION value=6>MGA<OPTION value=8>T Series TD-TF<OPTION 
        value=83>T Series TA,TB,TC<OPTION value=5 selected>MGC<OPTION 
        value=7>Metro Montego Maestro General<OPTION value=21>Metro Montego 
        Maestro Technical<OPTION value=76>Twin cam 16v K ser - Midgets and 
        B's<OPTION value=36>MGB engine conversions<OPTION value=120>MGB GT V8 
        factory originals<OPTION value=15>MG RV8<OPTION value=18>Magnette<OPTION 
        value=123>Farina<OPTION value=100>MG 1100 and 1300 Sports Sedans<OPTION 
        value=13>MG Y-type<OPTION value=9>Pre-War<OPTION value=23>Newsletter 
        Editor's Forum<OPTION value=119>Club Officer's Forum<OPTION 
        value=11>Questions<OPTION value=14>Bargain Alerts<OPTION value=33>Le 
        Forum des Francophones<OPTION value=62>MG Trivia<OPTION value=74>Lead 
        fuel substitutes<OPTION value=81>Historical Research<OPTION 
        value=84>Horizon<OPTION value=96>MG QUIZ PAGE<OPTION value=99>MG 
        Electrical Problems and Solutions<OPTION value=106>MG Flame Wars<OPTION 
        value=109>Transport America-Netherlands<OPTION value=111>MG 
        interchangeable parts<OPTION value=113>Fuel prices<OPTION 
        value=115>Supercharging<OPTION value=117>Importing cars<OPTION 
        value=118>Rust and Restoration<OPTION value=121>Sprintex</OPTION></SELECT> 
<INPUT type=submit value=Go> </FORM></FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><FONT 
face=arial size=-2>
<P><A href="http://www.british-cars.co.uk/">Other british car marques</A> 
<P>Disclaimer: This information service is not in anyway connected with or 
authorised by the MG Rover Group.<BR>
<P>All messages on this BBS are the Copyright <A 
href="mailto:[email-masked]">MG Cars Enthusiasts' Club Limited</A>, 
1995-2009. No information may be republished without prior permission. All 
rights reserved. MG Cars Enthusiasts' Club Limited do not accept responsibility 
for the content within this BBS, but take every care to ensure that it is not 
offensive, illegal or unsuitable. Published in association with <A 
href="http://www.flights.co.uk/">Flights</A> and <A 
href="http://www.villas.co.uk/">Villas</A>. <A 
href="http://www.ukmgparts.com/"><FONT color=white>Brown and 
Gammons</FONT></A><A href="http://www.phoenixabc.com/"><FONT color=white>Beer 
Line Cleaning</FONT></A><A href="http://www.colnago.org.uk/"><FONT 
color=white>Colnago C50</FONT></A><A href="http://www.albemarle.org.uk/"><FONT 
color=white>Private College</FONT></A><A 
href="http://www.albemarle.org.uk/pages/alevels.html"><FONT color=white>A 
Levels</FONT></A><BR></FONT><!--end 23:23:19 --></P></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_WXOJrX+n8mbQoxlkASkDAA)
Content-transfer-encoding: base64
Content-Location: http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/pics/mglogo-t.gif

--Boundary_(ID_WXOJrX+n8mbQoxlkASkDAA)
Content-transfer-encoding: base64
Content-Location: http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/images/mghatadvertbbs.gif

--Boundary_(ID_WXOJrX+n8mbQoxlkASkDAA)
Content-transfer-encoding: base64
Content-Location: http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/pics/mgroverban.gif

--Boundary_(ID_WXOJrX+n8mbQoxlkASkDAA)--

--Boundary_(ID_dgvIzS3NFiOUCRujmRCeMA)
Content-transfer-encoding: base64
Content-disposition: attachment; filename="my vent window.JPG"

--Boundary_(ID_dgvIzS3NFiOUCRujmRCeMA)
Content-transfer-encoding: base64
Content-disposition: attachment; filename="66 windshield c.JPG"

--Boundary_(ID_dgvIzS3NFiOUCRujmRCeMA)
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--Boundary_(ID_dgvIzS3NFiOUCRujmRCeMA)--