Subject: [Healeys] Mk2 badge restoration

From: "Bruce Starke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 20:32:51 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============8709634771627019973==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01A5_01D0CE2B.91F9FEE0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01A5_01D0CE2B.91F9FEE0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello all, my second plastic replacement winged front shroud badge has =
delaminated and I would like to get the original restored . I found PD =
Enamels website ( http://badgecraft.co.uk/index.htm ) and wonder if =
there is anyone else eg in North America who can do the restoration. The =
PD Enamels website is very old and has not been updated in years but =
that may not mean anything . Anyone have any thoughts on a suitable =
restorer?
thanks
Bruce Starke
Golden BC
1962 Tricarb 
------=_NextPart_000_01A5_01D0CE2B.91F9FEE0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16672">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hello all, my second plastic =
replacement winged=20
front shroud badge has delaminated and I would like to get the original =
restored=20
. I found PD Enamels website ( <A=20
href=3D"http://badgecraft.co.uk/index.htm">http://badgecraft.co.uk/index.=
htm</A>&nbsp;)=20
and wonder if there is anyone else eg in North America who can do the=20
restoration. The PD Enamels website is very old and has not been updated =
in=20
years but that may not mean anything . Anyone have any thoughts on a =
suitable=20
restorer?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Bruce Starke</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Golden BC</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>1962 Tricarb =
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01A5_01D0CE2B.91F9FEE0--

--===============8709634771627019973==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8709634771627019973==--

---

From: "Bluehealey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 10:08:23 +0100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0753660305657883298==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00C7_01D0CE9D.800FC990"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00C7_01D0CE9D.800FC990
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00C8_01D0CE9D.800FC990"

------=_NextPart_001_00C8_01D0CE9D.800FC990
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Bruce.

P D Enamels are a strange little company. Their website is from the dark
ages, their communications are snail mail and payments are by cheque. On =
the
other hand their work is exemplary. I had a BJ8 MkIII badge restored by =
them
some years ago and it was excellent.  Late last year the red coloured =
glass
inlay of my BN4 repro (AHSPares) badge started to fall out.  Not =
surprising
really as the badge had been fully chrome plated before the glass =
cloisonn=E9
was laid in.  I had an original but tatty badge on the shelf and it =
could be
clearly seen that the cloisonn=E9 had been laid in on the slightly matt =
finish
copper plating, after which the chrome plate had been applied and =
polished.

=20

I made sure the badge was the exact curvature of the front shroud and =
sent
it to Pamela/David for a quote. They only give prices after receiving =
the
badge.  I wanted the badge fully restored and the plain studs on the =
back
replaced with threaded studs.  Their quote was acceptable at =A3150 (you =
get
what you pay for) and the order confirmed in February.  Notification of
completion of the work was received with the invoice two weeks ago and,
after sending my cheque =96 =91Old School=92 - the badge was returned.  =
It is like
jewellery. The finish is perfect and the curvature unchanged.

=20

This is a traditional cottage industry business but their work is of the
highest order.  My belief is to do it right and do it once. Future
custodians of the car will appreciate it.

=20

Alan Bromfield

Modified BN4

Work in Progress AN5

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce
Starke
Sent: 04 August 2015 03:33
To: Healeys
Subject: [Healeys] Mk2 badge restoration

=20

Hello all, my second plastic replacement winged front shroud badge has
delaminated and I would like to get the original restored . I found PD
Enamels website ( http://badgecraft.co.uk/index.htm ) and wonder if =
there is
anyone else eg in North America who can do the restoration. The PD =
Enamels
website is very old and has not been updated in years but that may not =
mean
anything . Anyone have any thoughts on a suitable restorer?

thanks

Bruce Starke

Golden BC

1962 Tricarb=20

------=_NextPart_001_00C8_01D0CE9D.800FC990
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta name=3DGenerator =
content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Hi Bruce.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>P D Enamels are a strange little company. Their website is from the =
dark ages, their communications are snail mail and payments are by =
cheque. On the other hand their work is exemplary. I had a BJ8 MkIII =
badge restored by them some years ago and it was excellent.=A0 Late last =
year the red coloured glass inlay of my BN4 repro (AHSPares) badge =
started to fall out.=A0 Not surprising really as the badge had been =
fully chrome plated before the glass cloisonn=E9 was laid in.=A0 I had =
an original but tatty badge on the shelf and it could be clearly seen =
that the cloisonn=E9 had been laid in on the slightly matt finish copper =
plating, after which the chrome plate had been applied and =
polished.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>I made sure the badge was the exact curvature of the front shroud and =
sent it to Pamela/David for a quote. They only give prices after =
receiving the badge.=A0 I wanted the badge fully restored and the plain =
studs on the back replaced with threaded studs.=A0 Their quote was =
acceptable at =A3150 (you get what you pay for) and the order confirmed =
in February.=A0 Notification of completion of the work was received with =
the invoice two weeks ago and, after sending my cheque &#8211; =
&#8216;Old School&#8217; - the badge was returned.=A0 It is like =
jewellery. The finish is perfect and the curvature =
unchanged.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>This is a traditional cottage industry business but their work is of =
the highest order.=A0 My belief is to do it right and do it once. Future =
custodians of the car will appreciate it.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Alan Bromfield<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Modified BN4<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Work in Progress AN5<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><img width=3D192 height=3D87 id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p=
 class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bruce =
Starke<br><b>Sent:</b> 04 August 2015 03:33<br><b>To:</b> =
Healeys<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Mk2 badge =
restoration<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Hello all, =
my second plastic replacement winged front shroud badge has delaminated =
and I would like to get the original restored . I found PD Enamels =
website ( <a =
href=3D"http://badgecraft.co.uk/index.htm">http://badgecraft.co.uk/index.=
htm</a>&nbsp;) and wonder if there is anyone else eg in North America =
who can do the restoration. The PD Enamels website is very old and has =
not been updated in years but that may not mean anything . Anyone have =
any thoughts on a suitable restorer?</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>thanks</span>=
<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Bruce =
Starke</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Golden =
BC</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>1962 Tricarb =
</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_00C8_01D0CE9D.800FC990--

------=_NextPart_000_00C7_01D0CE9D.800FC990
	name="image001.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_00C7_01D0CE9D.800FC990--

--===============0753660305657883298==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0753660305657883298==--