Subject: Re: [Healeys] knock off tool in use..

From: "Herbert Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 09:03:51 -0500

What is the torque spec.?
Herb Miller

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David Porter
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:44 AM
To: healeys; Triumphs
Subject: [Healeys] knock off tool in use..

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:28:02 -0600

WAG.. 100ft lbs.. ?

[email-masked]

---

From: "Pete Ryner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:57:29 -0400

I no longer use a hammer.  All of them do some damage.  I purchased a wrench 
from one of the big three many years ago and it works well.  It is about 
1/4" thick metal and you have to put a rag between the wrench and the ear or 
it will dent the ear.  The best I've used is a homemade wrench.  Use two 
pieces of 3/4 inch plywood and make it about 3' long in the shape of a 
spoon.  Cut out the shape of the knock off in the spoon part and you 
instantly have a non marring tool which provides all the torque you need to 
install and remove the knock offs.
Pete

-----Original Message----- 
From: Bob Labuz
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:17 AM
To: Triumphs
Cc: healeys
Subject: Re: [TR] knock off tool in use..

When I decided to go with wire wheels for my 4, I got a hammer that was
lead on one side and nylon on the other. After numerous uses, not a
scratch on the knock offs. The nylon does show a few dents!

Bob

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] 

[email-masked]