Subject: Re: [Healeys] Door seal caps

From: Neil Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 20:20:32 -0500

Hi Kenny,
Yes, there is a wood piece that goes underneath the cap.  It is covered in
the same material as the door and trim panels in the interior, glued onto
the wood.  The trim cap goes over that and captures and hides the top end
of the of the fuzzy door seal.  I will take pictures and send dimensions of
the wood and its position behind the shut face.  If I remember correctly,
the wood is counter bored and is attached to the metal portion of the top
of the trim panel with a sheet metal screw, which is  then covered be the
alloy cap.  I will verify that when I take photos.  The carpet piece that
covers the flat metal top of the panel is cut so that it goes around the
small wood block.

I still have all the original trim panels in my BT7, so I know that the
info will be correct.

Best,
Neil Anderson
'60 BT7

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Kenny J <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Can someone explain (and maybe send pictures) how to install the aluminum
> door
> seal cap on a BT7 (moss #021-785)?  is there a wood piece that goes
> underneath? Thanks
>
> Kenny
>
> 61 bt7
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 23:08:15 -0500

Tool Box discovery of the day, one each top and bottom door hinge shim for a 
Healey 100, used but serviceable, free to a good home, including shipping in 
continental US.  I am tired of paying Ebay and Paypal fees, that'll show 
'em.

First responder to correctly answer the question "what torque settings did 
Roger Menadue use on the manifold nuts on  the factory 100s that raced at Le 
Mans in 1953?" wins.

Cheers, Greg Lemon

[email-masked]

---

From: "Charlie Schott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 16:34:52 -0700

Kenny J,

I'm currently restoring a 1960 BT7 and there is a piece of wood underneath 
the pieces. Since mine aren't installed yet, I'll try to get you pictures 
and dimensions.

Regards,

Charlie Schott

-----Original Message----- 
From: Kenny J
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Door seal caps

Kenny

61 bt7

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]