Subject: [Healeys] I need a piece of unobtantium

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 21:08:15 -0700

Been looking into the no start situation. had spark cross the points when I
shorted with a screwdriver (thanks Perry). Then I realized that the point
gap was too wide. adjusted, but still no start. So I found my last NOS
lucas condenser and attempted to replace it. I found the plastic insulator
that sits under the condenser lead and above the points had a crushed side
and would not seat correctly. That's the bit I need. I also dropped the
screw that connects the body of the condenser and its gone out of site, The
other bit I need. It fell to the ground and not into the distributor. Any
local PDX folks have them? Anyone out there in the world? Or know where to
obtain them?
So I'm dead in the water until I can the points and condenser set. On the
other hand, anyone know how to test a Pertronix distributor? I could try
that route again.
Thanks
Ira Erbs
IT Teacher
and Consultant
Portland, OR

bMoney may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than on a
bus.b
b FranC'oise
Sagan<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1357577.Fran_oise_Sagan>
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys