Subject: [Fot] Tests, and more stuff

From: Mark Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2026 17:01:27 -0600

Boy, at least this list is being more civil than recent traffic on the 
Triumphs list!  Sheesh.

Yes, some people are having difficulties receiving all messages directly 
in their inbox.  Some messages are marked as spam, some are just 
discarded outright by their mail system.  I am trying to follow all the 
rules and regulations and RFCs, and keep up with current best practices. 
  It ain't easy!

Some of the problem is that my ISP is Comcast, and some other providers 
are blocking certain blocks of IP addresses, and autox.team.net has an 
IP in the blocked block.  And some providers block this IP address 
explicitly due to various nefarious malware that has snuck onto the 
server over the years, and have not removed the IP address even years 
after the bad guys were tossed out.  And I may have another bad apple, 
some things are just not right on the server, I'm working on that at the 
moment.  It's a never ending battle.

But there is hope for the future.  I may change the domain for the lists 
to lists.team.net, and may or may not change the IP address.  I will 
likely buy a new server, install a current version of Linux on it, with 
higher security levels, and migrate all the lists to Mailman 3, rather 
than try to keep the current ancient, unsupported versions of everything 
working.  I'm running low on baling wire and chewing gum.

The current server has been running for 3 years, well just two weeks 
short of 3 years.  That's quite a long time, many eons in computer years:

[root@autox bin]# uptime
  16:45:49 up 1081 days, 21:32,  2 users,  load average: 1.20, 0.85, 0.98
[root@autox bin]#

I'm afraid if it ever does go down, it may not come back up again!

So be it known your complaints are not falling on deaf ears, just ones a 
little hard of hearing.  That's actually a reference to the fact that I 
have had "Sensorineural hearing loss, bilateral" for over ten years. 
Remember the old saw "deaf in one ear, can't hear out of the other"?

But as long as my health allows, I will continue to soldier on, your 
loyal, overpaid and underworked digital janitor.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot