Subject: [Fot] Shawn Frank takes home the Amici Triumph award - writeup for The Vintage Triumph

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2026 07:50:20 -0400

For those of you who are not members of the Vintage Triumph Register, I 
thought I would share the words I wrote to publish in their magazine, 
The Vintage Triumph, covering Shawn Frank taking home the coveted Amici 
Triumph award. This is what I submitted, we will see what the editor 
changes!  (I assume everyone knows Shawn is the editor of TVT!)

~~~
Shawn Frank wins the coveted Amici Triumph Award at the 2026 Kastner Cup

The Amici Triumph Award is presented annually to the individual who best 
demonstrates the Spirit of Triumph Vintage Racing during the Kastner Cup 
event. I am thrilled to announce Shawn Frank was chosen as the 2026 
recipient. For the first time the award went to a non-racer, and 
certainly nobody could be more deserving than Shawn for his tireless 
efforts to promote the marque.

Shawn has supported the efforts of our race series for years, attending 
Kastner Cup race weekends all over North America with all the manpower 
and gear necessary to capture the action. It is obvious Shawn gets a 
real kick out of capturing the essence of race experience. In addition 
to taking thousands of pictures, he also live streams video for those of 
us not able to attend. But the real work starts back at his office, 
where he enthusiastically culls the extraordinary volume of data to find 
and publish the very best. Shawn leverages Facebook, posting photos and 
videos that are seen and enjoyed by the world.

Shawn’s efforts have raised the visibility of Triumph Vintage Racing to 
levels we could never have imagined. As the race chair at both the Lime 
Rock event in 2025 and at Mosport this year, I worked closely with Shawn 
and immediately realized his talents and passion have made him an 
indispensable part of our team.

Congratulations Shawn, and many thanks for a job well done!

Henry Frye
#29 – TR250
~~~

Shawn, I believe I speak for the entire FOT when I say thank you for 
your tireless efforts to promote us in ways we probably don't deserve! I 
enjoyed working with you these past two Kastner Cups, and was always 
confident when we needed something from you, all I had to do was ask and 
my expectations were exceeded.

As an example, the dramatic group shot taken down at Moss Corner this 
year was Shawn's idea, it did turn out spectacular!

I look forward to seeing you next year in Grattan, where nobody is going 
to ask me any questions about the event, right???  :-)

Cheers

Henry
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]