Subject: [Fot] Tech for the KCup at Mosport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2026 15:27:45 -0400

I just worked out with Race Director Ted Michalos how we are going to 
manage tech for next week.

As the vast majority of us will be arriving on Wednesday to run the 
Thursday test day, Ted will arrange for a scrutineer (that's Canadian 
for tech inspector) to come down to us. We are getting a roving tech 
inspector for Wednesday only. Tech is officially open from 5:30 to 8:00, 
I am not sure when or for how long they can spare their scrutineer.

Here's the good news. Have you run your race car at least once this 
year? Cars with a signed/stamped logbook page showing you passed tech 
for an event in 2026 will not require inspecting. This does not need to 
be an annual tech, just prove you passed tech for your last event and 
that event was in 2026. You will need to show your helmet, but not your 
other safety gear. VARAC is still accepting Snell 2015 helmets this 
year. The roving scrutineer will be able to process the quick tech (no 
car inspection) and the full tech in your paddock space.

Tech is NOT required to run test day. If you arrive too late on 
Wednesday for tech, or Thursday morning, you can run your full test day 
without the event tech, but will need to plan on making time on 
Thursday. Historically, tech is very busy at this event as it is the 
first event for many Canadian racers.

It's all coming together!

Henry Frye
KCup chair
860.508.3118
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot