Subject: [Fot] Paddock at the Kastner Cup

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2026 11:53:21 -0400

We have been assigned what I consider the best paddock space at the 
track, Paddock B. It is identified in the email everyone should have 
received yesterday from Race Director Ted Michalos. Naturally the area 
is not large, and we are expected to pack in tight and get the vast 
majority of our cars there. I asked for the actual measurements several 
times but never got them, so I was not able to lay out the paddock with 
assigned spaces. For those of you who are familiar with the area, I was 
just told the abandoned emergency vehicles that have been occupying 
space there for years have been removed!

I have been told that no one, including me, will be able to get up to 
the paddock space before 5PM at the earliest. Official load in time 
starts at 5:30. After registering, we will be directed to a large space 
adjacent the lower paddock for queueing up. It will make life easier if 
we can all queue up together in the lower paddock, so when our area is 
released we can have an orderly procession up the hill and not lose 
anybody!

Of the 32 cars we are expecting, I believe 23 are required to run test 
day on Thursday. I assume that means the vast majority of us will arrive 
on Wednesday, so the load in will be interesting, to say the least. 
Please plan on using the paddock space primarily for cars, use the grass 
perimeter for camping wherever possible. Everyone's patience is much 
appreciated!

We are currently expecting about 32 cars. I am not sure if we will all 
fit in Paddock B, there is overflow paddock space just up the hill in 
adjacent Paddock A. If we need to use some of that space, so be it.

Regarding camping at the track, ABSOLUTELY NO FIRES ALLOWED. You will be 
asked to leave immediately if you try the campfire thing.

Remember, the track puts on a dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 
so plan your food accordingly. Also, there is live entertainment every 
night as well, and the bands will be playing in the main tent which is 
right next to our paddock area. I will apologize now, you can hear the 
band from our paddock when they are playing. Historically, on Saturday 
night the Mudmen take the stage, they have quite a following and are 
certainly entertaining!

There is no electric service available, if you need power plan on 
bringing a generator. Please be considerate of your neighbors when 
running your generator!

Last item, for those of us camping at the track, consider staying over 
in the paddock on Sunday evening. Many of us do just that, and it is a 
nice way to take your time breaking down and packing, have a relaxing 
meal, then make it an early night. The ride home after a good sleep is 
always better in my book.

We are getting close! See everyone next week!

Henry Frye
KCup Chair
860.508.3118
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot