Subject: [Fot] Videos from Gingerman last weekend

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2026 22:54:46 -0500

For those who enjoy these...

Forgot to put the camera in for the Saturday race, but it wasn't 
dramatic for me and ended early when a doofus passed Greg Thompson under 
yellow right in front of the chief steward while going by the safety 
trucks the yellow was for and caused the steward to (correctly) black 
flag and checker the race.

Sunday AM Heat race - short, had to end before quiet time - delayed 
start caused by an earlier group.  Fun race, we get to see Greg Thompson 
in his much faster TR-4 and Kelly Wittenauer in the unique UniPower.
https://youtu.be/Z8UxLzdXmRI

Sunday PM Feature race - almost 30 minutes long, felt pretty epic in the 
first 1/4 and last 1/3.  Had me running hard pretty much the full race 
trying to hold off Kelly in the UniPower.  Most of the action is in the 
rear-view camera.
https://youtu.be/cCuR98LtgjU

The rear camera in both is kind of hazy / foggy but not out of focus.  
Turns out that brake fluid and GoPro cameras are not compatible.  
Ordered a new one, there's a chunk of change down the drain.  Will be an 
upgrade from the GoPro 4 to a 13 though.  :)

Cheers, Tony Drews

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]