Subject: [Fot] Less than a month to go before the Kastner Cup at Mosport!!!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 May 2026 06:23:29 -0400

It's not too late to sign up for the 2026 Kastner Cup, being held at the 
famous Grand Prix track outside of Toronto, The Canadian Tire 
Motorsports Park, formerly known as Mosport on June 18 through 21, 2026.

I posted this to the FOT back in November, my in-car video from last 
year that shows how I get around Mosport. Some fun battles with a Lotus 
7 to boot.

https://youtu.be/sASQejuL_ko

Highlights of how I get around Mosport:

Turn 1, no brakes, blind entry, downhill right hander
Turn 2, no brakes, blind entry, uphill, then steep downhill, double apex 
left hander
Turn 3, moderate brakes, decreasing radius right hander
Turn 4, steep downhill, more of a kink, go as fast as you dare
Turn 5A, heavy brakes, uphill right, immediately followed by
Turn 5B, downhill right, get it right for longest straight on course
Turns 6 and 7, kinks in back straight, wide open
Turn 8, confidence brake, very very fast right hand sweeper
Turn 9, moderate brakes, left hander, focus on setting up for 10
Turn 10, confidence or no brakes, right hander leading to start/finish - 
much like the last corner @ Watkins Glen

Turns 1, 2 and 8 are where the good lap times are made, but screw up 5B 
and your lap time will suffer immensely.

The Turn 5 complex is named Moss Corner, as Sir Stirling himself 
apparently had input on making it a two-part corner. If you are familiar 
with Virgina International Raceway, it is similar to the Oak Tree 
complex, just scaled down with elevation change. Oak Tree at VIR is 
flat, Moss Corner at Mosport is anything but!
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot