Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing spit on BaT

From: Mark Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2026 20:15:18 -0600

I swear I have seen that car before, probably at some eastern VTR 
conventions, perhaps a Kastner Cup some years ago?

mjb.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 May 2026 06:23:47 -0400

You are correct Mark, this was Craig Lembcke's car. I remember seeing it 
at any number of events, but as it is pictured on my wall in the 
panoramic shot from Mid-Ohio in 2002, that's where I found how to spell 
Craig's name! Craig finished the All-Triumph race first in class, 21st 
out of 45 starters. No doubt, at the time it was a very well-developed 
Spit racer.

The 2002 Mid-Ohio event was huge, that was the first time we had the 
Brits bring cars over and proceed to show us how it's done! It stands to 
reason that it was sitting around the paddock that weekend surrounded by 
55 Triumph race cars (!) that the idea for the Kastner Cup was hatched. 
Take a look at the writeup with the results sheet and lots of pictures 
here:

https://fot-racing.com/fot-feature-events/mid-ohio-2002/

Henry

On 2026-05-26 22:15, Mark Bradakis wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]