Subject: [Fot] And the Grand Marshall at the 2026 Kastner Cup is...

From: Henry Frye via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2026 15:00:50 -0500

As I sit in my office looking out at the foot and a half of snow that 
fell a week ago, planning for the 2026 Kastner Cup continues. We have 
one big announcement to share today, the FOT has a Grand Marshal for the 
event!

I am proud to announce former Kastner Cup winner Keith Files will be 
flying over from England to attend our event and will be serving as our 
Grand Marshal!

For those of you who do not know Keith, he masterminded the amazing task 
of getting a transporter load of race cars from the UK to join us at 
Mid-Ohio back in 2002. Then in 2004 they returned with a pair of TR6's. 
This time we raced at VIR and Keith proceeded to show us how it is done 
in the wet, winning the soggy All-Triumph race! Keith went on to 
purchase a TR4 here in the States and using TR specialists from the US 
to prepare and maintain the car, he would fly over to join us at tracks 
around the country. After a couple of events that are best described as 
teething a new to you race car, Keith finally had a strong running 
reliable car. During this time, it was determined by Kas that Keith's 
car was in fact one that he prepared for Sebring back in 1963! In 2010 
Keith ran the ex-Sebring TR4 in the Kastner Cup event in Topeka, Kansas 
where he was awarded the Cup!

After Topeka, Keith had the ex-Sebring car shipped back to the UK where 
it was put back to Sebring specification by TR Enterprises with 
oversight from Kas and Joe Alexander. Since then, the car has competed 
at several prestigious events including Goodwood with Keith's son Josh 
at the wheel. I remember meeting Josh at Watkins Glen in 2009, no one 
knew at the time Josh would go on to win several professional racing 
championships in the UK and Europe! Keith tells us his wife will be 
joining us as well, and apparently her racing pedigree isn't too shabby 
either! The story goes that her father was the first to race a Ferrari 
250 GTO in the UK! How cool is that???

We look forward to welcoming Keith and his wife at the 2026 Kastner Cup 
where we Return To Mosport!

I know much has been said about how cool the VARAC Vintage Grand Prix 
is, but I ran across this video on YouTube recently that gives a nice 
overview of the event from 2023. The video does a great job giving us 
the feel of the event. BYW, this was the year the MG-TR Challenge race 
was run in an utter deluge, with some nice shots from that epic race 
around the 3 minute mark!

https://youtu.be/IdxooEHYX9c

Enjoy!

Henry Frye
Kastner Cup Chair - 2026 - Return to Mosport
860.508.3118
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot