Subject: [Fot] TR Body Parts - Steve Choquette

From: Mark Cook via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2025 15:19:11 +0000

--===============3038116595186466932==
 boundary="--_NmP-8c37ecc5f9d2bf2e-Part_1"

----_NmP-8c37ecc5f9d2bf2e-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

All,

In case anyone is interested in hard to find body parts.  I was looking for=
 a scuttle panel/top plate as I am rebuilding my "project" TR6.  As most =
are aware, this part is NLA, and only available on a "made on order" basis =
from British Motor Heritage through Moss Motors for about $1,200.  And, =
there is no guarantee of fit. =20

I tripped across a post on Triumph Experience about Steve Choquette, based =
in Erin, Ontario CA (outside Mississauga).=20

https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/buy-sell-and-trade-forum.=
5/triumph-body-shells-frames-wings-tr-2-3-4.1920268/

Steve had a parts car and believed he could cut it off for me to use.  This=
 was no easy job as the scuttle panel is spot welded onto the body of the =
TR4, 250 and 6.  So, with a GREAT amount of effort, Steve cut this part off=
 the TR parts car, cleaned the underside and treated the part with rust =
converter.  He also left the tacked spots so I a could see the reattachment=
 points and where it would need to be grinded through.   This took far more=
 work, time and effort than Steve expected.  He was gracious, kept me =
updated throughout the process and let me know when he actually shipped it.=
  =20

I received the part in less than a week after Steve shipped it.  Steve was =
not done.  He wanted to make sure I knew what it might require to attached =
this part onto my TR6.   His phone lines went down (due to cable theft), so=
 he emailed me a detailed explanation on attaching the part.

Steve Choquette's contact information is below.  Steve will respond to =
emails, but prefers phone calls with more difficult parts and to ensure the=
 exact requirements. =20

Land line:  905 873 1774=20
Email:         [email-masked]=20
Alternate:  647 894 1774

Thanks,

Mark Cook

----_NmP-8c37ecc5f9d2bf2e-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div style=3D"color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12p=
t"><p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">All,</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">In case anyone is =
interested in hard to find body parts.&nbsp; I was looking for a scuttle =
panel/top plate as I am rebuilding my "project" TR6. &nbsp;As most are =
aware, this part is NLA, and only available on a "made on order" basis from=
 British Motor Heritage through Moss Motors for about $1,200. &nbsp;And, =
there is no guarantee of fit. &nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">I tripped across a post on=
 Triumph Experience about Steve Choquette, based in Erin, Ontario CA =
(outside Mississauga).&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;"><a href=3D"https://www.=
triumphexp.com/forum/buy-sell-and-trade-forum.5/triumph-body-shells-frames-=
wings-tr-2-3-4.1920268/">https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/buy-sell-and-trad=
e-forum.5/triumph-body-shells-frames-wings-tr-2-3-4.1920268/</a></p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">Steve had a parts car and =
believed he could cut it off for me to use.&nbsp; This was no easy job as =
the scuttle panel is spot welded onto the body of the TR4, 250 and 6. =
&nbsp;So, with a GREAT amount of effort, Steve cut this part off the TR =
parts car, cleaned the underside and treated the part with rust converter. =
&nbsp;He also left the tacked spots so I a could see the reattachment =
points and where it would need to be grinded through. &nbsp; This took far =
more work, time and effort than Steve expected. &nbsp;He was gracious, kept=
 me updated throughout the process and let me know when he actually shipped=
 it. &nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">I received the part in =
less than a week after Steve shipped it. &nbsp;Steve was not done. &nbsp;He=
 wanted to make sure I knew what it might require to attached this part =
onto my TR6. &nbsp; His phone lines went down (due to cable theft), so he =
emailed me a detailed explanation on attaching the part.</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">Steve Choquette's contact =
information is below. &nbsp;Steve will respond to emails, but prefers phone=
 calls with more difficult parts and to ensure the exact requirements. =
&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;"><br>Land line: &nbsp;905 =
873 1774&nbsp;<br>Email: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; triumph@live.=
ca&nbsp;<br>Alternate: &nbsp;647 894 1774</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">Thanks,</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">Mark =
Cook</p></div>
----_NmP-8c37ecc5f9d2bf2e-Part_1--

--===============3038116595186466932==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============3038116595186466932==--