Subject: [Fot] 1966 TR4a transmission help

From: mhmolson--- via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 10:12:09 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_010C_01DC433C.5438F570"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01DC433C.5438F570
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_010D_01DC433C.5438F570"

------=_NextPart_001_010D_01DC433C.5438F570
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Good morning, I have an issue with transmission oil leaking out of the three
o ring seals where the transmission selector shafts enter the top cover.
This only happens during high rpms. This is an overdrive unit.

Has anyone added additional venting to the top cover. I understand there is
possibly a small vent hole in the front however I have not looked at this
yet. I am also going to build a TR4 motor this winter and am looking for
direction and contacts for pistons, liners, and rods. I am good at
mechanical logistics, and I have built two strokes, I have also been around
engine builders and understand, however this will be my first real build.
Yes, I understand that certain things will be left to the pro's

Help appreciated

Matt

------=_NextPart_001_010D_01DC433C.5438F570
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#467886" vlink=3D"#96607D" =
style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Good morning, I have =
an issue with transmission oil leaking out of the three o ring seals =
where the transmission selector shafts enter the top cover. This only =
happens during high rpms. This is an overdrive =
unit.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Has anyone added additional venting to the =
top cover. I understand there is possibly a small vent hole in the front =
however I have not looked at this yet. I am also going to build a TR4 =
motor this winter and am looking for direction and contacts for pistons, =
liners, and rods. I am good at mechanical logistics, and I have built =
two strokes, I have also been around engine builders and understand, =
however this will be my first real build. Yes, I understand that certain =
things will be left to the pro&#8217;s<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Help =
appreciated<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Matt<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_010D_01DC433C.5438F570--

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01DC433C.5438F570
	name="IMG_2832.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="IMG_2832.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01DC433C.5438F570
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

------=_NextPart_000_010C_01DC433C.5438F570--