Subject: [Fot] 123ingition distributor settings

From: Mark Cook via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2025 19:08:53 +0000

--===============8723522345796119253==
 boundary="--_NmP-78ca5fddc314e1a0-Part_1"

----_NmP-78ca5fddc314e1a0-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

All,

I am installing a 123ignition distributor (laptop programmable) into my =
"project" TR6 race car. Wondering if anyone has this installed on their TR6=
 (or 250) race car with triple weber 45 DCOEs.  I thought about downloading=
 the tuning curves from the 123 disti in my running #95 TR6 race car as a =
starting point:.
I realize the camshaft would make a difference in the settings, so my specs=
 below. Both have 1.55 roller rockers.  Thoughts?

The "project" car engine has a Racetorations race camshaft, triple Weber 45=
 DCOE and a CR of about 12.5:1.  The camshaft specs are:

Peak Diff: Exh / Intake / LCA - 108.0 / 107.0 / 106.0
Duration: Intake / Exhaust - 336
Cam Lift:  Intake / Exhaust - 370
Checking Clearance:  Intake / Exhaust - 0.010"
Valve timing (at checking clearance) - Exhaust: Opens 96 BBDC / Closes 60 =
ATDC, Intake: Opens 62 BTDC / Closes 94 ABDC

The camshaft specs in my running TR6 are:

Peak Diff: Exh / Intake / LCA - 105.0 /103.0  / NA
Duration: Intake / Exhaust - 320
Cam Lift:  Intake / Exhaust - 340
Checking Clearance:  Intake / Exhaust - 0.010" (I think, but not certain)
Valve timing (at checking clearance) - Exhaust: Opens 87 BBDC / Closes 53 =
ATDC, Intake: Opens 57 BTDC / Closes 83 ABDC

Thanks,

Mark Cook

----_NmP-78ca5fddc314e1a0-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div style=3D"color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12p=
t"><p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">All,</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">I am installing a =
123ignition distributor (laptop programmable) into my "project" TR6 race =
car. Wondering if anyone has this installed on their TR6 (or 250) race car =
with triple weber 45 DCOEs.&nbsp;&nbsp;I thought about downloading the =
tuning curves from the 123 disti&nbsp;in my running #95 TR6 race car as a =
starting point:.</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">I realize the camshaft =
would make a difference in the settings, so my specs below. Both have 1.55 =
roller rockers.&nbsp; Thoughts?</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">The "project" car engine =
has a Racetorations race camshaft, triple Weber 45 DCOE and a CR of about =
12.5:1.&nbsp; The camshaft specs are:</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: 40px;">Peak =
Diff: Exh / Intake / LCA - 108.0 / 107.0 / 106.0</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: =
40px;">Duration: Intake / Exhaust - 336</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: 40px;">Cam =
Lift:&nbsp; Intake / Exhaust - 370</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: =
40px;">Checking Clearance:&nbsp; Intake / Exhaust - 0.010"</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: 40px;">Valve =
timing (at checking clearance) - Exhaust: Opens 96 BBDC / Closes 60 ATDC, =
Intake: Opens 62 BTDC / Closes 94 ABDC</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: =
40px;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">The camshaft specs in my =
running TR6 are:</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: 40px;">Peak =
Diff: Exh / Intake / LCA - 105.0 /103.0&nbsp; / NA</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: =
40px;">Duration: Intake / Exhaust - 320</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: 40px;">Cam =
Lift:&nbsp; Intake / Exhaust - 340</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: =
40px;">Checking Clearance:&nbsp; Intake / Exhaust - 0.010" (I think, but =
not certain)</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: 40px;">Valve =
timing (at checking clearance) - Exhaust: Opens 87 BBDC / Closes 53 ATDC, =
Intake: Opens 57 BTDC / Closes 83 ABDC</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: =
40px;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">Thanks,</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1;">Mark Cook</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0px; line-height: 1; padding-left: =
80px;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.=
0;">&nbsp;</p></div>
----_NmP-78ca5fddc314e1a0-Part_1--

--===============8723522345796119253==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============8723522345796119253==--