Subject: [Fot] Fast laps at Lime Rock

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2025 07:41:31 -0400

I shared this link back in January, it is worth a second look. Peter 
Krause is a big deal here in the east, a driver coach with as impressive 
a resume as they come. Very fast in whatever he is piloting, his current 
racer is a Fiat X19. Peter is demonstrating the fast line around Lime 
Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq09PWPpstk

Two things to focus on, his entry into Big Bend (Turn 1), see how he 
double apexes. The turn is a decreasing radius, and you will find 
yourself running out of track when exiting towards the left hander if 
you are not ready for it.

Secondly, listen to the audio as Peter is setting up for the Downhill, 
the last corner before the front straight. He is never off the gas. He 
might be feathering a little, but he is not off the gas and braking. 
Don't expect to be comfortable with that in one weekend at Lime Rock! 
The Downhill demands respect, think the Kink at Road America.

For contrast, take another look at the lap I put up when folks were 
setting up their gearing. This is how I overcame the problem of running 
off the track exiting Big Bend, but I leave the inside wide open for 
someone to outbrake me. And I am completely off the gas setting up for 
the Downhill, plus it took me a lot of laps to stop doing the confidence 
brake there.

https://youtu.be/xIg5KQwM-pw

Last comment on the in-car videos you have been watching. Be informed 
the track made some changes to the pit road in order to satisfy some 
race series, they moved back the entrance to pit lane, closer to the 
downhill turn. Unless you have found some in-car from 2025 to watch, the 
pit-in will come up faster than you are expecting!

Lastly, remember that the track is doing a Driver Orientation on 
Thursday at 2:30pm. It is being presented by Simon Kirby, Lime Rock 
Drivers Club Director. Consider this mandatory if you have not competed 
on the track before, and the track is asking those who have not driven 
the new pit-in configuration to attend as well.

The excitement is building, see everyone in a week!

Henry Frye
860.508.3118
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot