Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2025 - Gas Grill needed and details on Sunday

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2025 07:24:38 -0400

Racers,

Does anyone somewhat local to the track have room in their rig to bring 
a full sized gas grill to the track? The Sunday cookout could use 
another for the lineup! Please let me know.

Sunday at the Lime Rock Historic Festival is going to be a bit different 
for most of us. It is a quiet day, no unmuffled engines can be run. But 
the festivities do require moving some race cars, here is how this all 
works.

There are several parts to Sunday, and ground zero for the festivities 
is the track's front straight, quite close to Triumph Central. Race cars 
will be chosen to participate in "the pick of the litter", lined up on 
the front straight for those wandering the show to see. Not to be 
confused with the event's Concours competition, this area is for race 
cars only and is not judged. I realize there was a tick box on the 
registration form to participate in this, however I have been informed 
many more Triumphs registered for this than we have room for, so you 
will be informed on Saturday if your car was chosen to participate. I 
have not been told yet how many Triumphs we have room for.

If your car is chosen, on Sunday morning we need to arrange to have you 
towed out to the front straight, and when the event is finished, towed 
back to the paddock. No, we can't even idle unmuffled motors on Sunday!

Also on the front straight is a judged Concours competition. This is for 
street cars, and with Triumphs as the featured run group for the 
weekend, they set aside a section where we tried to get one of every 
Triumph made. We got close! Typically, the Lime Rock Concours brings out 
some amazing examples, well worth the time to wander through and take in 
some quality eye candy.

Then, we have The Gathering of the Marques. This is the general car show 
open to anyone who pays the fee and wants to participate. Cars are 
grouped by various means, and set up on all around the track. You will 
be thankful Lime Rock is only 1.6 miles around if you decide to walk the 
entire show! I have been told the Triumph section will be close to the 
action, hopefully somewhere between Big Bend and the Left Hander. (Turn 
1 to turn 3).

At some point early afternoon, there is a presentation on the front 
straight, during which time we expect to have a couple minutes to hear 
about the British Sports Car Hall of Fame. BSCHOF only presents awards 
every other year, and this is an off year, so no awards but an 
introduction to the organization will be presented along with

After the festivities are completed, we will fetch the race cars from 
the front straight and be back at Triumph Central where VRG will be 
hosting a BBQ for all racers and crew, typical burgers and dogs fare. We 
have been invited, and since we expect to significantly increase the 
number of mouths to feed, we have been asked to provide another gas 
grill to help facilitate. We will be providing beer, soda and water, if 
you have any specific needs for libation not included, please bring your 
own! This should provide a great opportunity for the FOT to spend some 
quality time over a meal to mix and mingle, should be good fun.

As always, you can reach out to me with any questions!

Cheers

Henry Frye
860.508.3118
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot