Subject: [Fot] Registration for 2025 Kastner Cup now open!!!

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2025 08:37:44 -0500

Registration is now open for the Lime Rock Historic Festival 43, the 
host of the 2025 Kastner Cup!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/historic-festival-43-race-car-entry-lime-rock-park-093569

Please register as soon as possible, it greatly helps us with planning.  
Your credit card will not be billed until around August 1st. The refund 
policy is generous, if you cancel before August 16th, you will get a 
full refund. So there is no risk registering now, if something happens 
and you need to cancel up to two weeks prior to the event, you are not 
out of pocket.

For those who have never run the evert, couple of things to keep in mind 
when registering:

When asked what run group, choose Triumph Feature - Kastner Cup.

Depending on what data is in your MotorsportsReg profile, you may be 
asked for some medical information. When I registered I was not asked, 
but when a buddy registered he was asked about stuff like the date of 
his last tetanus shot.

The event uses all of available paddock space, and for everyone to fit 
we get assigned paddock spaces. When registering you will be asked to 
provide some information so we can make sure you will have enough room. 
Have the size of your tow vehicle and trailer available, and your canopy 
information as well. If you are towing with a motorhome, we can 
accommodate motorhomes with trailers, and you will camp in the paddock 
next to your race car.

The paddock is divided into two sections, Paddock A and Paddock B. You 
will be asked to choose your preference. The Triumphs will be paddocked 
in one big group in Paddock B, with a couple exceptions. Big haulers are 
typically set up in Paddock A, so if you use one of the big race teams 
to bring your car to the track, you will be under their canopy wherever 
they get assigned. Also, the event is co-sanctioned by the VSCCA, and 
there are a couple of Triumphs that are VSCCA regulars that may want to 
paddock with their folks, they are usually in Paddock A. Obviously we 
would like to put as many of the Triumph racer together as possible, but 
feel free to choose whatever paddock you want to!

Speaking of the paddock, the track has no electric service available, 
come prepared with a quiet generator or make friends with your neighbor 
who runs one. The gas pumps are in Paddock B. Entrance to the false grid 
is adjacent to the area we will be set up in, very convenient. Paddock A 
and Paddock B are less than 200 yards apart, an easy flat walk. Paddock 
A is where the bigtop tents are set showing display cars, the bigger 
haulers, food concessions, and lots of cars competing over the event. 
Paddock A typically has more foot traffic than Paddock B. The track runs 
a shuttle service all weekend, large 6 person golf carts constantly 
circulating about. It makes for easy getting around.

More details to follow, looking forward to seeing everybody come Labor 
Day!

Cheers

Henry Frye
Kastner Cup committee
860.508.3118 mobile

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot