Subject: [Fot] milling TR4 head for pop-ups

From: Bob Kramer via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2025 09:32:40 -0600

--===============5271101303173083668==

--000000000000d5940f062b6fed94

I am finally rebuilding the engine I got with the #67 TR4 many years ago.
The car came to me with dual SK sidedrafts (Weber rip-offs) and the head
had some interesting stuff done to it.The intake area on the head was
carved out to raise the angle of the SK's and the combustion chambers were
recessed with a flat mill to fit pop up pistons to gain compression without
much head milling. I know others run pop-up pistons. Has anyone else done
this?

Bob Kramer

--000000000000d5940f062b6fed94
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I am finally rebuilding the engine I got with the #67=
 TR4 many years ago. The car came to me with dual SK sidedrafts (Weber rip-=
offs) and the head had some interesting stuff done to it.The intake area on=
 the head was carved out to raise the angle of the SK&#39;s and the combust=
ion chambers were recessed with a flat mill to fit pop up pistons to gain c=
ompression without much head milling. I know others run pop-up pistons. Has=
 anyone else done this?</div><div><br></div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"=
gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Bob Kr=
amer</div></div></div></div>

--000000000000d5940f062b6fed94--

--===============5271101303173083668==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============5271101303173083668==--