Subject: [Fot] Tires for the Kastner Cup at Lime Rock

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2025 07:10:34 -0500

--===============6255464895698773937==
 boundary="=_bd045732ed9c2cdcedc1c06540801575"

--=_bd045732ed9c2cdcedc1c06540801575
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
 format=flowed

We are not going deep into the weeds on tires, thankfully! 

For racers that run Vintage, if you run a treaded tire that is approved
by your home club, we will accept it. Typically VRG would enforce a tire
size requirement, that is waived for this event for Triumphs only. You
want to run 50 series tires on a TR4? No problem. But it needs to be a
treaded race tire on the approved tire list from your Vintage club. 

If you run slicks, that's tires with no grooves, you will be running the
entire weekend except the KCup race in a different run group. We are
prepared to accept all Triumph race cars, but your tire choice will be a
big factor on what run group you get assigned to. 

If you are not sure where you are going to fall within this, please
reach out to me personally and we will figure this out together! 

Henry Frye
KCup Chair, 2025 and 2026 

On 2025-01-24 11:27, Tony Drews via Fot wrote:

> Mike, I run R888R's on my TR-4 too, I'm assuming they are not objectionable to this race group. 
> 
> I think Henry answered the grid limit question (about 40 cars). 
> 
> Regards, Tony Drews
> 
> On 1/24/2025 5:35 AM, Michael Deweerd wrote: 
> 
>> Thanks Tony,  I'm running toyo R888's on the TR4, what is the grid limit at Lime Rock? 
>> just curious. 
>> Cheers.
--=_bd045732ed9c2cdcedc1c06540801575
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=
=3DUTF-8" /></head><body style=3D'font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,Gen=
eva,sans-serif'>
<p>We are not going deep into the weeds on tires, thankfully!</p>
<p>For racers that run Vintage, if you run a treaded tire that is approved =
by your home club, we will accept it. Typically VRG would enforce a tire si=
ze requirement, that is waived for this event for Triumphs only. You want t=
o run 50 series tires on a TR4? No problem. But it needs to be a treaded ra=
ce tire on the approved tire list from your Vintage club.</p>
<p>If you run slicks, that's tires with no grooves, you will be running the=
 entire weekend except the KCup race in a different run group. We are prepa=
red to accept all Triumph race cars, but your tire choice will be a big fac=
tor on what run group you get assigned to.</p>
<p>If you are not sure where you are going to fall within this, please reac=
h out to me personally and we will figure this out together!</p>
<p>Henry Frye<br />KCup Chair, 2025 and 2026</p>
<p><br /></p>
<p id=3D"reply-intro">On 2025-01-24 11:27, Tony Drews via Fot wrote:</p>
<blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"padding: 0 0.4em; border-left: #1010ff 2=
px solid; margin: 0">
<div id=3D"replybody1">
<div>
<p>Mike, I run R888R's on my TR-4 too, I'm assuming they are not objectiona=
ble to this race group.</p>
<p>I think Henry answered the grid limit question (about 40 cars).</p>
<p>Regards, Tony Drews</p>
<div class=3D"v1moz-cite-prefix">On 1/24/2025 5:35 AM, Michael Deweerd wrot=
e:</div>
<blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"padding: 0 0.4em; border-left: #1010ff 2=
px solid; margin: 0">
<div dir=3D"ltr">Thanks Tony,&nbsp; I'm running toyo R888's on the TR4, wha=
t is the grid limit at Lime Rock?
<div>&nbsp;just curious.</div>
<div>Cheers.</div>
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>
</div>
<div class=3D"pre" style=3D"margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: monospace">=
&nbsp;</div>
</blockquote>
</body></html>

--=_bd045732ed9c2cdcedc1c06540801575--

--===============6255464895698773937==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============6255464895698773937==--