Subject: [Fot] Announcing the 2026 Kastner Cup! We are going back to Mosport!!!

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2024 07:03:04 -0500

OK, so we are changing things up here, the announcement for next year's 
Kastner Cup usually happens at this year's Kastner Cup. But with some 
extenuating circumstances at play, and I think it makes sense to get 
this information out there now as racers are putting together their 2025 
race calendars.

In June, 2026, the Kastner Cup returns to where it all started, at 
Mosport! Otherwise known as the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, in 
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada. The track is just east of Toronto. We will 
be joining the legendary VARAC Vintage Grand Prix, held Father's Day 
weekend in the middle of June.

We are announcing this over a year out because US based racers who have 
not done a border crossing with their race cars are leery about what is 
involved, and a passport is pretty much required these days. Passports 
take time, especially for first time passport applications. Plus, for 
those who have not enjoyed the track and the unbelievable VARAC 
hospitality, I highly recommend considering running the 2025 VVGP as a 
precursor to the main event in 2026. Not only will you gain confidence 
with the border crossing, but Mosport is a VERY fast track and getting 
some laps under you belt in '25 will pay dividends for '26!

I have run this event around 20 times now and have taken my race car in 
and out of Canada each time with no issues. The border crossing is easy, 
I tow a box trailer with a Class A RV and have never had to leave the 
driver's seat. I believe the folks who tow with open trailers get even 
less questions, as the border folks can plainly see what you are up to. 
I am happy to field any questions on the border crossing as we get 
closer to the event, but what is required for those of you without a 
Passport is to start working on obtaining one!

To recap, we are going to Lime Rock in 2025 over Labor Day weekend, and 
in 2026 we are going to Mosport over Father's Day weekend!

Cheers

Henry Frye
2025 Kastner Cup Chair - Lime Rock Park
2026 Kastner Cup Chair - Mosport
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot