Subject: [Fot] 2025 Kastner Cup at Lime Rock!

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2024 09:29:17 -0500

--=_ab6dbdf60c7a0b8d794f98e02b49cf95
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
 format=flowed

Friends,

Thanks to our own media maven Shawn Frank, we have been nudged to get 
going with our first press release and the event poster! Those of us who 
belong to the Vintage Triumph Register get the magazine, The Vintage 
Triumph, and know that Shawn is the editor. Be sure to look for coverage 
in every issue from the next one due in a few weeks all the way up to 
the event next fall! Thank you Shawn for the great support!!!

Details for the event are starting to come together. I will share the 
pertinent facts as they become available.

Event Poster: I have attached the event poster, thanks to Curt Johnston 
for helping us with that!

Schedule: Test day is the Tuesday immediately preceding the event. The 
track is happy to have racers park their race rigs at the track in the 
assigned spot for the event on Tuesday, but you can't stay at the track 
until Thursday. On Thursday, the track hosts a drive through the 
Berkshire Mountains open to race cars and street cars alike, a real 
treat for many. The drive ends in Falls Village, a quaint town a couple 
miles from the track for an old-fashioned street fair. On Friday we 
practice in the morning, qualify in the afternoon. Then two races on 
Saturday, and on Monday morning we have another race before the main 
event. We run the Kastner Cup race right after lunch with the ceremony 
to present the Kastner Cup after the race.

Eligibility: The race is open to all Triumph powered race cars. The 
caveat is, as always, tire rules. Cars must run on Vintage tires, 
meaning no slicks. I urge any potential participant to contact me with 
details of your car and we will do everything possible to get you in the 
race.

Triumphs get their own run group: There could be some exceptions to this 
one, if we get too many Triumphs registering for the event we may be 
forced to bump the uber-fast cars to fast group, or a car prepped well 
beyond Vintage rules may run with a more appropriate group. Same may 
apply to some of the less-fast cars, we may have to bump them to a 
not-so-fast group. But we will all race together on Monday afternoon for 
the Cup.

Lodging: This will be a challenge. We urge everyone who is planning on 
attending and not camping at the track to secure bedspace as soon as 
possible. The closest town with a variety of known hotel chains is Great 
Barrington, Massachusetts, about 30 minutes from the track. It is not 
practical to identify a host hotel for this one, the hotels are not 
large and get filled up early. An option some racers use is to double 
(or triple) up and secure lodging from AirB&B or VRBO. There are houses 
available in the area that work well for this. Also, there is 
information on Lime Rock's website with some closer options, but none of 
them are large and the scope of this annual event usually has them 
filled by the same racers year to year!

Sponsorship: As always, there will be expenses that the FOT needs to 
cover. We are soliciting donations for sponsorship as we have done in 
the past. Please contact me, Henry Frye, with any questions or with any 
interest in sponsorship. We will continue to use the gofundme page for 
those looking for a convenient way to contribute.

Sunday: Lime Rock Park operates under a moratorium that prohibits 
running race engines on Sundays. The track pivots on Sunday to host a 
large concours and car show. Race cars are invited to participate, but 
each one gets towed down to the front straight on the track as we can't 
run them! We are in process of securing prime car show space for our 
friends with their street cars. Our plans for Sunday are still in 
process, but we envision some FOT gathering for dinner, libation and 
socializing. Again, stay tuned for more details as they develop.

Feel free to reach out with any questions, I will do my best to get back 
to you quickly!

We look forward to seeing you at the Lime Rock Historic Festival next 
fall!

Henry Frye
2025 Kastner Cup - FOT Chair
[email-masked]

--=_ab6dbdf60c7a0b8d794f98e02b49cf95
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
 name="2025 KCup Poster.jpg"
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="2025 KCup Poster.jpg";
 size=614586

--=_ab6dbdf60c7a0b8d794f98e02b49cf95
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--=_ab6dbdf60c7a0b8d794f98e02b49cf95--

---

From: Scott Janzen via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2024 13:05:38 -0500

--===============6282450325899105480==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-EC49C2D8-E2C2-4254-AC61-66EE1B8428F5
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">This is a great two day event with lots of s=
essions- super way to get familiar with the track. I run the gt6 in a vscca g=
roup with competition mostly consisting of alfas.<div>For anyone looking at a=
 schedule, 20 minute sessions may not seem like much, but at under 1 minute-=
 ten for many of us, it=E2=80=99s a lot of laps and doesn=E2=80=99t feel sho=
rt. Lime Rock seems to run very efficiently, so cars are typically off the t=
rack and a fresh group going out in a few minutes time.</div><div>Loads of f=
un, and more exotic cars than you will see anywhere else on the East coast, a=
nyway.<br id=3D"lineBreakAtBeginningOfSignature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Sent from m=
y iPhone</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br><blockquote type=3D"cite">On Nov 11, 2024=
, at 12:58=E2=80=AFPM, Mike Harmuth via Fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote=
:<br><br></blockquote></div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=
=BF<div dir=3D"ltr">Shameless plug here.<div><br></div><div>The Historic Rac=
ing Group,&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href=3D"https://historicracinggroup.com/">https://=
historicracinggroup.com/</a> ,in concert with VSCCA and Empire Drivers, will=
 be racing at Lime Rock Fri-Sat May 30-31, 2025 (Fri-Sat after Memorial Day)=
. We, and the VSCCA, will have some spots open for non members who would lik=
e to get some racing time in at the track before the K Cup. There will also b=
e two track day groups at the event if you want more of a tune and test than=
 wheel to wheel competition.</div><div><br></div><div>Wheel to Wheel groups:=
</div><div>HRG- Multiclass racing. We allow SCCA production and GT based rac=
e cars from the early 60s through 1983. Think Spitfire/TR4/TR6/TR7/TR8 from t=
he Triumph fold.</div><div>VSCCA - Rick McCurdy and other earlier TRs, as we=
ll as Triumph based sports racers should race with VSCCA.&nbsp;</div><div><b=
r></div><div>Track day groups: Passing&nbsp;only allowed on the straights</d=
iv><div>Two separate&nbsp;sessions, based on car prep and experience level. A=
ll of the advanced groups are generally full-on race cars, some modern cars w=
ill be in this group.</div><div><br></div><div>All groups can run unmuffled,=
 one of just 7 open exhaust days allowed at the track (K Cup will be open ex=
haust). Two day event, free camping (no hookups) allowed at the track, parti=
cipant (including crew) party on Friday night. Unlimited crew, a ton of trac=
k time with 3-4 sessions per group per day. It's a fun event that we conside=
r our friends and family weekend.</div><div><br></div><div>Details and entry=
 form will be on the HRG website in a week or so.</div><div><br></div><div>I=
f you have any questions, send me an email.</div><div><br></div><div>thanks H=
enry, really looking forward to the KCup at my home track.</div><div><br></d=
iv><div>mike harmuth</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"l=
tr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Nov 11, 2024 at 9:44=E2=80=AFAM yellow04 vi=
a Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; w=
rote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px=
 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Friends,<br>=

<br>
Thanks to our own media maven Shawn Frank, we have been nudged to get <br>
going with our first press release and the event poster! Those of us who <br=
belong to the Vintage Triumph Register get the magazine, The Vintage <br>
Triumph, and know that Shawn is the editor. Be sure to look for coverage <br=
in every issue from the next one due in a few weeks all the way up to <br>
the event next fall! Thank you Shawn for the great support!!!<br>
<br>
Details for the event are starting to come together. I will share the <br>
pertinent facts as they become available.<br>
<br>
Event Poster: I have attached the event poster, thanks to Curt Johnston <br>=

for helping us with that!<br>
<br>
Schedule: Test day is the Tuesday immediately preceding the event. The <br>
track is happy to have racers park their race rigs at the track in the <br>
assigned spot for the event on Tuesday, but you can't stay at the track <br>=

until Thursday. On Thursday, the track hosts a drive through the <br>
Berkshire Mountains open to race cars and street cars alike, a real <br>
treat for many. The drive ends in Falls Village, a quaint town a couple <br>=

miles from the track for an old-fashioned street fair. On Friday we <br>
practice in the morning, qualify in the afternoon. Then two races on <br>
Saturday, and on Monday morning we have another race before the main <br>
event. We run the Kastner Cup race right after lunch with the ceremony <br>
to present the Kastner Cup after the race.<br>
<br>
Eligibility: The race is open to all Triumph powered race cars. The <br>
caveat is, as always, tire rules. Cars must run on Vintage tires, <br>
meaning no slicks. I urge any potential participant to contact me with <br>
details of your car and we will do everything possible to get you in the <br=
race.<br>
<br>
Triumphs get their own run group: There could be some exceptions to this <br=
one, if we get too many Triumphs registering for the event we may be <br>
forced to bump the uber-fast cars to fast group, or a car prepped well <br>
beyond Vintage rules may run with a more appropriate group. Same may <br>
apply to some of the less-fast cars, we may have to bump them to a <br>
not-so-fast group. But we will all race together on Monday afternoon for <br=
the Cup.<br>
<br>
Lodging: This will be a challenge. We urge everyone who is planning on <br>
attending and not camping at the track to secure bedspace as soon as <br>
possible. The closest town with a variety of known hotel chains is Great <br=
Barrington, Massachusetts, about 30 minutes from the track. It is not <br>
practical to identify a host hotel for this one, the hotels are not <br>
large and get filled up early. An option some racers use is to double <br>
(or triple) up and secure lodging from AirB&amp;B or VRBO. There are houses <=
br>
available in the area that work well for this. Also, there is <br>
information on Lime Rock's website with some closer options, but none of <br=
them are large and the scope of this annual event usually has them <br>
filled by the same racers year to year!<br>
<br>
Sponsorship: As always, there will be expenses that the FOT needs to <br>
cover. We are soliciting donations for sponsorship as we have done in <br>
the past. Please contact me, Henry Frye, with any questions or with any <br>=

interest in sponsorship. We will continue to use the gofundme page for <br>
those looking for a convenient way to contribute.<br>
<br>
Sunday: Lime Rock Park operates under a moratorium that prohibits <br>
running race engines on Sundays. The track pivots on Sunday to host a <br>
large concours and car show. Race cars are invited to participate, but <br>
each one gets towed down to the front straight on the track as we can't <br>=

run them! We are in process of securing prime car show space for our <br>
friends with their street cars. Our plans for Sunday are still in <br>
process, but we envision some FOT gathering for dinner, libation and <br>
socializing. Again, stay tuned for more details as they develop.<br>
<br>
Feel free to reach out with any questions, I will do my best to get back <br=
to you quickly!<br>
<br>
We look forward to seeing you at the Lime Rock Historic Festival next <br>
fall!<br>
<br>
Henry Frye<br>
2025 Kastner Cup - FOT Chair<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</=
a><br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</=
a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
t=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net=
/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http:=
//www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.n=
et/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
<span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span>fot@au=
tox.team.net</span><br><span></span><br><span>http://www.fot-racing.com</spa=
n><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html</span><=
br><span>Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermai=
l/fot</span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/opti=
ons/fot/[email-masked]</span><br><span></span><br><span></span><br></div></b=
lockquote></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-EC49C2D8-E2C2-4254-AC61-66EE1B8428F5--

--===============6282450325899105480==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6282450325899105480==--