Subject: [Fot] VSCDA Fall Festival videos (Road America)

From: Tony Drews via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 10:57:03 -0500

For those who are interested in these, here's videos from my three races 
last weekend at Road America.  They were all excellent good close battle 
races.

First one (Saturday PM group 2 Sprint Race) was an epic battle with 
Nathan Burress in his black bugeye sprite.  He's upped his motor prep, 
and is a fierce competitor now.  The last lap we did about half of it 
side by side.  Big delay on the grid with my cameras running, so the 
batteries died on the last lap.  Rear died around the Kink area, front 
one died about 20 car lengths before finish of the race.  Bonus footage 
from Dave Amys who was following us and ended up 3 wide with us at the end.
https://youtu.be/hfKj-W-pZeI

Second one (Sunday AM group 2 Feature Race) was a good battle with Dave 
Amys.  Near the end I dropped two wheels off at the exit of the Kink 
trying to catch Dave, luckily nothing bad occurred (that's a good spot 
to write off a race car).  Dave bested me in the end, we both set best 
lap times of the weekend in this one - Dave ran a 2.52.xx, I did a 2.53.xx.
https://youtu.be/CrsL8rWilpk

Last one (Sunday PM Founders Tribute), was an epic battle with Dave 
Amys.  I counted 12 passes between the two of us. Unfortunately Dave's 
tranny bit the dust 1.5 laps from the end. There was a huge grid, but at 
4:25 pm on Sunday most had left.  I was gridded like 48th but started on 
the 3rd row.  Awesome awesome battle, lots of side by side action, 
drafting, cross overs, just good hard clean racing.  Dave is a quick 
learner and getting harder and harder to beat.
https://youtu.be/GUnOfysE02A

Cheers, Tony Drews

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]