Subject: [Fot] Racing Anomaly

From: finishing Touch via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2024 22:00:46 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------JrebEicp3PNP7VtG0pB7ZVyh
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The lighter side of racing:

Sunday during the Pittsburgh Historic medium bore sprint race, I was 
racing down the back stretch in my TR6 when I saw a car in front of me 
kick up a piece of rubber (marble) and it was coming my way. My natural 
reaction was to blink and I heard it hit my car.  I thought nothing more 
of it until I went to look at my dash mounted rear view mirror which was 
now turned sideways.  On the next lap at the end of the front straight 
away, I navigated the hard left hand turn and pushed the throttle which  
wouldn't fully open.  Glancing down, I saw this piece of rubber on the 
floor wedged under the throttle pedal. Fortunately after breaking and 
taking the next a hard left, it became dislodged and I was able to 
finish the race with normal controls. What are the odds of that?

It's the biggest 'marble' I ever captured and is now just another 
keepsake for my racing display case.

Mike Kurtz
Yellow TR6 #51

--------------JrebEicp3PNP7VtG0pB7ZVyh
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_0409.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------JrebEicp3PNP7VtG0pB7ZVyh
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_0410.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------JrebEicp3PNP7VtG0pB7ZVyh
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--------------JrebEicp3PNP7VtG0pB7ZVyh--

---

From: Mark Cook via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 09:58:28 -0400

--===============7538842872882759626==

----_com.samsung.android.email_24523951115952120
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_24523951115952120
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_24523951115952120--

--===============7538842872882759626==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7538842872882759626==--

---

From: Finishing Touch via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 15:14:04 -0400

A snake being flipping into your car is reason enough to engineer and install an ejector seat. Yikes!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 30, 2024, at 11:35 AM, Kenneth Knight via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> If only Russell had picked that up at Spa in the F1 race the car would have made weight and he would have kept his win!  Ken
> 
>> On 7/29/2024 7:00 PM, finishing Touch via Fot wrote:
>> Sunday during the Pittsburgh Historic medium bore sprint race, I was racing down the back stretch in my TR6 when I saw a car in front of me kick up a piece of rubber (marble) and it was coming my way. My natural reaction was to blink and I heard it hit my car.  I thought nothing more of it until I went to look at my dash mounted rear view mirror which was now turned sideways.  On the next lap at the end of the front straight away, I navigated the hard left hand turn and pushed the throttle which  wouldn't fully open.  Glancing down, I saw this piece of rubber on the floor wedged under the throttle pedal. Fortunately after breaking and taking the next a hard left, it became dislodged and I was able to finish the race with normal controls. What are the odds of that?
>> 
>> It's the biggest 'marble' I ever captured and is now just another keepsake for my racing display case.
>> 
>> Mike Kurtz
>> Yellow TR6 #51
>> 
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>> 
>> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]