Subject: Re: [Fot] TR2-4aA rear crank seal

From: Hardy Prentice via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 01:34:06 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4722040423541099032==
	boundary="----=_Part_3275224_534007392.1706664846824"

------=_Part_3275224_534007392.1706664846824
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I found out the hard way that both the TR2/3 and TR 4/A factory work shop m=
anuals have the wrong OD for the centralizing tool inside the working seal =
threaded diameter.=C2=A0 =C2=A0the correct size is 2.818 inches.=C2=A0Befor=
e I was given a tool=C2=A0 made to the WSM dimensions, ( disaster), a great=
 friend cut the flange and front part from a broken crank, which I used wit=
h used bearings and thread, and feeler gauges.=C2=A0 Check the seal with th=
e correct=C2=A0tool before installing on the block.Hardy Prentice and a 195=
6 TR3=C2=A0 (not A )
------=_Part_3275224_534007392.1706664846824
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;">I found out the hard way that both the TR2/3 and TR 4/A factory work shop manuals have the wrong OD for the centralizing tool inside the working seal threaded diameter.&nbsp; &nbsp;the correct size is 2.818 inches.&nbsp;</span></div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;">Before I was given a tool&nbsp; made to the WSM dimensions, ( disaster), a great friend cut the flange and front part from a broken crank, which I used with used bearings and thread, and feeler gauges.&nbsp; Check the seal with the correct&nbsp;</span><span style="color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;">tool before installing on the block.</span></div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><span style="color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;">Hardy Prentice and a 1956 TR3&nbsp; (not A )</span></div>
------=_Part_3275224_534007392.1706664846824--

--===============4722040423541099032==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============4722040423541099032==--