Subject: [Fot] GT6-Spitfire Transmission Conversion

From: Rod Pierce via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 08:57:03 -0400

--===============5345174960991330179==

--000000000000a2584b0607847a9b

I have a GT6 transmission in my spares collection and I have heard they can
be converted to run in a Spitfire.

I'm interested in accomplishing this over the winter and I am looking for
information/advice on the best way to do it.

It is my understanding that you can have the GT6 input shaft either
machined to fit or you can cut the input shafts from a GT6 and a Spitfire
and weld the Spitfire on the GT6 transmission.

Thanks

--000000000000a2584b0607847a9b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I have a GT6 transmission in my spares collection and I ha=
ve heard they can be converted to run in a Spitfire.=C2=A0=C2=A0<div><br></=
div><div>I&#39;m interested in accomplishing this over the winter and I am =
looking for information/advice on the best way to do it.</div><div><br></di=
v><div>It is my understanding that you can have the GT6 input shaft either =
machined to fit or you can cut the input shafts from a GT6 and a Spitfire a=
nd weld the Spitfire on the GT6 transmission.</div><div><br></div><div>Than=
ks</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>

--000000000000a2584b0607847a9b--

--===============5345174960991330179==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============5345174960991330179==--