Subject: [Fot] Afford car shipping - Spit Racer - Jax, FL to Elyria, OH

From: Don Couch via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 20:22:04 -0500

Terry, 
Call me tomorrow and I can give the contact info of a guy who can help on this.
He’s in Springhill, Fl and hauls cars and bikes and things for a living.
Don Couch
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Hank Giffin via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 11:54:09 -0400

I've used USHIP three times (2 from FL to VA and 1 from TX to VA for cars)
It's a reverse auction so u need to wait till the bids get down to $5 apart
then look up their ratings and pick one.  You describe the car and include
not running or extra parts when you signup.  
     Some people bidding are just brokers who take a fee and use other
truckers.  Some own a fleet of trucks.  Those are best.  It's amazing how
much the bids come down from the first to the last few.
     The one bad experience I had was shipping a Harley from VA to FL.  I
picked a small business that looked good thinking I'd be helping him out.
The guy called me and said if I cancelled we could split the fee that USHIP
charges.  I said no.  That day USHIP informed me he had been dropped from
their approved shippers list.  Before I could tell USHIP someone else must
have told them about him.  So I cancelled with the guy.  I feared he would
just keep the Harley and disappear and change his company's name.  He was
already in the area for another shipment but went ballistic.  Thankfully he
didn't have my home address!  Lesson learned!

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Terry Sopher via Fot
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2023 9:04 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Afford car shipping - Spit Racer - Jax, FL to Elyria, OH

Hi All,

Looking for sugestions/recommendations for trustworthy and affordable
shipping of my Spit Racer from Jax, FL to Elyria, OH - it is getting a new
engine!

Would like to get it done by end of May.

Thanks, Terry 

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]