Subject: Re: [Fot] Slave cylinder/master cylinder

From: Philip Gott via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 12:30:19 -0400

Have you tried bleeding it?

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 27, 2023, at 11:16 AM, McKearn McKearn via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi all.
>   Got the GT6 out a few days ago and remembered that I was going to fix the clutch problem I had last fall before I stored it away   but did'nt ..
>  So long story short, I don't know if it's the slave cyl or master cylinder but it works fine at first few shifts but as you drive it you get less and less clutch movement.
> Seems like if you let it set a while it will work  again..
>  Any ideas?
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> 
> http://www.fot-racing.com
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Marx via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 18:38:55 +0200

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3070422459890558926==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D990CA.7E7990F0"
Content-Language: de

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D990CA.7E7990F0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I do have this phenomenon on my TR4 as well.

My best guess is thermal expansion of aluminum bellhousing, while the =
pushrod remains cold in the air under the car.

=20

My solution:

Setting the pushrod tight enough to have no binding.

=20

Cheers

Chris

=20

=20

From: Fot <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of McKearn McKearn via =
Fot
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2023 5:01 PM
To: FOT list <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Slave cylinder/master cylinder

=20

Hi all.

  Got the GT6 out a few days ago and remembered that I was going to fix =
the clutch problem I had last fall before I stored it away   but did'nt =
..

 So long story short, I don't know if it's the slave cyl or master =
cylinder but it works fine at first few shifts but as you drive it you =
get less and less clutch movement.

 Any ideas?

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D990CA.7E7990F0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.E-MailFormatvorlage18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I do have this phenomenon on =
my TR4 as well.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My best guess is =
thermal expansion of aluminum bellhousing, while the pushrod remains =
cold in the air under the car.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My =
solution:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Setting the pushrod tight =
enough to have no binding.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Cheers<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Chris<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span lang=3DDE>From:</span></b><span =
lang=3DDE> Fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>McKearn McKearn via Fot<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, May 27, 2023 5:01 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> FOT list &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> =
[Fot] Slave cylinder/master cylinder<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hi =
all.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp; Got the GT6 out a =
few days ago and remembered that I was going to fix the clutch problem I =
had last fall before I stored it away&nbsp; &nbsp;but =
did'nt&nbsp;..<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;So =
long story short, I don't know if it's the slave cyl or master cylinder =
but it works fine at first few shifts but as you drive it you get less =
and less clutch movement.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Seems like if you let it set a while it will =
work&nbsp; again..<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;Any =
ideas?<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D990CA.7E7990F0--

--===============3070422459890558926==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3070422459890558926==--

---

From: Scott Janzen via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 13:28:36 -0400

GT6 clutch hydraulics are pretty much self adjusting. The diaphragm pushes the linkage and push rod back into the slave cylinder. Adjusting the length of the push rod, other than a basic setting, will not alter clutch performance. The fluid flows from the master cylinder, and allows the slave cylinder piston to rest wherever the clutch diaphragm returns it to.  
Does pumping the pedal a few times help? If it does, probably the hydraulics/air/bad seals.
 I would certainly try the easy things first. Bleed the clutch hydraulics. If that doesn’t work, try rebuilding the master and slave cylinders. If neither of those do the trick, my guess is the clutch disc is possibly coming apart and hanging up as it gets hot, causing the clutch to grab.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 27, 2023, at 11:11 AM, McKearn McKearn via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi all.
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>