Subject: [Fot] HOF bio, final take?

From: Mark Bradakis via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 04:09:30 -0600

Mark J. Bradakis has had a lifelong interest in British cars. After he 
bought his first Triumph, a GT6+, he got involved pretty heavily into 
the marque.  He was involved in the early days of The British Motor Club 
of Utah, putting out their monthly newsletter. He got involved in the 
Utah region of the SCCA, also editing their newsletter and serving a 
term as road race director.  An active autocrosser, he was instrumental 
in the Vintage Triumph Register’s Autocross Advisory Board, laying down 
the first real set of rules for the  national convention’s autocross 
event.  Mark ran Intermountain Vintage Racing for a few years, trying to 
bring road racing back into Utah.

But Mark’s real claim to fame is Team Net.  In the 1980s there was 
USENET, which consisted of many different discussion groups covering a 
wide range of topics.  Not all of them were about computers.  There was 
a rec.autos subset of groups.  Sprung from the USENET groups was a 
British cars email list, run by Dale Cook.  It was taken over by Jim 
Muller, who handed the reins to Mark in the late 1980s. In April of 1991 
autox.team.net hit the airwaves.  It started as two lists, autox and 
british-cars.  At the time it was the only game in town, becoming quite 
a success. Eventually it grew to over 70 different lists and sublists, 
as of this writing there are about 30 left.  As the internet grew, so 
did competition from many other specialty web sites, forums and such.

But thousands of stalwart supporters of Team.Net remain, and Mark 
continues to keep the spirit alive, and the bits flowing freely.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]