Subject: [Fot] Spitfire racecar search

From: Shawn Frank via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 05:30:45 -0500

--000000000000ecf2b205f86c0d7b

--000000000000ecf2b005f86c0d79

Does anyone know where this Spitfire is, now? Photo of the car attached.

OK, here's a car search for ya'll based in the US. I'm searching for a
Triumph Spitfire that ran SCCA G/Production. It was raced by Bert Brown
from approx 1973 - 1988, before being sold to Bill Williams, as pictured.
It contested the SCCA Runoffs several times with Bert. The SCCA log book
number was 19775. Bert raced it out of CA. Bill fitted the unique dashboard
when he purchased the car, as per the photo. Any help in tracking down this
car would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Shawn Frank
The Vintage Triumph Magazine - Editor VTR #94692
North American Triumphs (FKA Spitfire & GT6 Magazine) - Owner
Continued Legacy Photo - Owner
Iowa British Car Club
Friends of Triumph - Media
515-339-4228

1971 Triumph Spitfire MKIV "Gertrude"

--000000000000ecf2b005f86c0d79
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Does anyone know where this Spitfire is, now? Photo of th=
e car attached.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">OK, here&#39;s=
 a car search for ya&#39;ll based in the US. I&#39;m searching for a Triump=
h Spitfire that ran SCCA G/Production. It was raced by Bert Brown from appr=
ox 1973 - 1988, before being sold to Bill Williams, as pictured. It contest=
ed the SCCA Runoffs several times with Bert. The SCCA log book number was 1=
9775. Bert raced it out of CA. Bill fitted the unique dashboard when he pur=
chased the car, as per the photo. Any help in tracking down this car would =
be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gm=
ail_signature" dir=3D"auto">Shawn Frank<br>The Vintage Triumph Magazine - E=
ditor VTR #94692<br>North American Triumphs (FKA Spitfire &amp; GT6 Magazin=
e) - Owner<br>Continued Legacy Photo - Owner<br>Iowa British Car Club<br>Fr=
iends of Triumph - Media<br>515-339-4228<br><br>1971 Triumph Spitfire MKIV =
&quot;Gertrude&quot;</div></div></div>

--000000000000ecf2b005f86c0d79--

--000000000000ecf2b205f86c0d7b
Content-Disposition: attachment; 
	filename="Screenshot_20230403_052631_Facebook.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <18746a9dda2806e81d11>

--000000000000ecf2b205f86c0d7b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--000000000000ecf2b205f86c0d7b--