Subject: [Fot] Morgan Question

From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 21:16:50 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5419643502930078580==
	boundary="----=_Part_3912876_409614254.1676841410408"

------=_Part_3912876_409614254.1676841410408
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I know there some Morgan owners on the list, and perhaps some with the Ford=
 engine.=C2=A0 I have a 1967 4/4 with the Ford 1600 cross flow engine.=C2=
=A0 This engine has a long racing history, so when I decided to rebuild the=
 engine this winter, I added a few performance enhancements.=C2=A0 I have t=
he engine (and a new 5-speed transmission) back in the car.=C2=A0 When I bo=
lted the new Weber 40 DCOE side draft carbs onto the manifold, the front ca=
rburetor velocity stack was resting right on the front fender.=C2=A0 This w=
on't work.=C2=A0 Obviously, I need to raise the engine about 1/2", or find =
a shorter manifold.
If anyone has any experience with side draft Webers in a Morgan with the 16=
00 engine, I would be interested in any suggestions you have for this probl=
em.=C2=A0 I know there are a lot of people racing Morgans with this engine/=
carburetor combination (Jack Poteet for one).=C2=A0 If you know of anyone n=
ot on the list, who may be able to help me, I would appreciate any contact =
info you may be able to give me.
As always, thanks for your help.
Jack

------=_Part_3912876_409614254.1676841410408
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-fami=
ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I know there some Morgan owners on the list,=
 and perhaps some with the Ford engine.&nbsp; I have a 1967 4/4 with the Fo=
rd 1600 cross flow engine.&nbsp; This engine has a long racing history, so =
when I decided to rebuild the engine this winter, I added a few performance=
 enhancements.&nbsp; I have the engine (and a new 5-speed transmission) bac=
k in the car.&nbsp; When I bolted the new Weber 40 DCOE side draft carbs on=
to the manifold, the front carburetor velocity stack was resting right on t=
he front fender.&nbsp; This won't work.&nbsp; Obviously, I need to raise th=
e engine about 1/2", or find a shorter manifold.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data=
-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">If anyon=
e has any experience with side draft Webers in a Morgan with the 1600 engin=
e, I would be interested in any suggestions you have for this problem.&nbsp=
; I know there are a lot of people racing Morgans with this engine/carburet=
or combination (Jack Poteet for one).&nbsp; If you know of anyone not on th=
e list, who may be able to help me, I would appreciate any contact info you=
 may be able to give me.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></=
div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">As always, thanks for your help.=
</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" dat=
a-setdir=3D"false">Jack<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_3912876_409614254.1676841410408--

--===============5419643502930078580==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============5419643502930078580==--

---

From: Mark Bradakis via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 08:59:03 -0700

In the old days, I would say try the Morgans Team.Net list.  But it has 
been 3 - 4 years since a real discussion about Morgans happened on that 
list.  I guess I should drop that as an active list.

Anyway, is there any possibility of using a shorter velocity stack?

mjb.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 18:50:23 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5105729606740715768==
 boundary="------------x8kNEJHleNA7VfqFZf5jpKfX"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------x8kNEJHleNA7VfqFZf5jpKfX
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

You need the right side of the Super Sport bonnet. It is shaped to fit 
over the DCOE.

On 2/19/23 1:16 PM, Jack Wheeler via Fot wrote:
> I know there some Morgan owners on the list, and perhaps some with the 
> Ford engine.  I have a 1967 4/4 with the Ford 1600 cross flow engine.  
> This engine has a long racing history, so when I decided to rebuild 
> the engine this winter, I added a few performance enhancements.  I 
> have the engine (and a new 5-speed transmission) back in the car.  
> When I bolted the new Weber 40 DCOE side draft carbs onto the 
> manifold, the front carburetor velocity stack was resting right on the 
> front fender.  This won't work.  Obviously, I need to raise the engine 
> about 1/2", or find a shorter manifold.
>
> If anyone has any experience with side draft Webers in a Morgan with 
> the 1600 engine, I would be interested in any suggestions you have for 
> this problem.  I know there are a lot of people racing Morgans with 
> this engine/carburetor combination (Jack Poteet for one).  If you know 
> of anyone not on the list, who may be able to help me, I would 
> appreciate any contact info you may be able to give me.
>

--------------x8kNEJHleNA7VfqFZf5jpKfX
 boundary="------------xKImvnE1s0foy3Iy6kCv2NzU"

--------------xKImvnE1s0foy3Iy6kCv2NzU
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">You need the right side of the Super
      Sport bonnet. It is shaped to fit over the DCOE.</div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <img src="cid:[email-masked]"
      moz-do-not-send="false">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/19/23 1:16 PM, Jack Wheeler via
      Fot wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue,
        Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">I know there some Morgan
          owners on the list, and perhaps some with the Ford engine.  I
          have a 1967 4/4 with the Ford 1600 cross flow engine.  This
          engine has a long racing history, so when I decided to rebuild
          the engine this winter, I added a few performance
          enhancements.  I have the engine (and a new 5-speed
          transmission) back in the car.  When I bolted the new Weber 40
          DCOE side draft carbs onto the manifold, the front carburetor
          velocity stack was resting right on the front fender.  This
          won't work.  Obviously, I need to raise the engine about 1/2",
          or find a shorter manifold.</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">If anyone has any experience
          with side draft Webers in a Morgan with the 1600 engine, I
          would be interested in any suggestions you have for this
          problem.  I know there are a lot of people racing Morgans with
          this engine/carburetor combination (Jack Poteet for one).  If
          you know of anyone not on the list, who may be able to help
          me, I would appreciate any contact info you may be able to
          give me.</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">As always, thanks for your
          help.</div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Jack<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>
--------------xKImvnE1s0foy3Iy6kCv2NzU
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="right side.png"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------xKImvnE1s0foy3Iy6kCv2NzU--

--------------x8kNEJHleNA7VfqFZf5jpKfX--

--===============5105729606740715768==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5105729606740715768==--