Subject: Re: [Fot] What gear ratios are the TR3/TR4 folks running?

From: Larry Young via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:43:06 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2162682449191292248==
 boundary="------------RkySb8i47J1Hh1Wx60S9sCmL"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------RkySb8i47J1Hh1Wx60S9sCmL
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Your original box gives you a high gear of 3.75, which is close to the 
standard high in a TR rear. I don't know how long the straights are at 
that track, but if
  you can't get over 95mph with that ratio, something else is wrong. I 
think your change will make things worse. - Larry Youmg

On 7/27/2022 12:09 PM, Dave Riddle via Fot wrote:
>
> We struggled up the hills in the Baja TR3 at PittRace and topped out 
> at 95 mph coming into T17, 87 mph into T1 and 82 into T3
>
> Lyman pulled the box that had been in the car from when it ran Offroad 
> Events
>
> Toyota W59
>
> Rear axle is 4.63, with a Detroit Locker
>
> Toyota W59 trans in car bad
>
> 1) 3.95
>
> 2) 2.14
>
> 3) 1.38
>
> 4) 1.00
>
> 5) 0.81
>
> He is installing a Toyota W55 with the following ratios but obviously 
> they can be changed
>
> have a 4.11, also with a Detroit Locker
>
> 1) 3.83
>
> 2) 2.06
>
> 3) 1.43
>
> 4) 1.00
>
> 5) 0.84
>
> We were running the Hoosier 205/60-15  24.5
>
> MWLOGO-Signature <http://www.microworks.net/>
>
> *Dave Riddle*
>
> Business IT Consulting
>
> Office: 480-610-8234
>
>
> Website: http://www.microworks.net <http://www.microworks.net/>
>
> Microsoft-Partner-Network 
> <https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/>ace_1_orig 
> <https://www.acronis.com/en-us/>CCCLogo 
> <https://www.clio.com/>cityhosted-authorized-dealer_orig 
> <https://www.citycommunications.com/>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://autox.team.net/archive  http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>

--------------RkySb8i47J1Hh1Wx60S9sCmL
 boundary="------------5JUFXjo6qvbZiE6wvrLtQDNG"

--------------5JUFXjo6qvbZiE6wvrLtQDNG
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Your original box gives you a high gear of 3.75, which is close to
    the standard high in a TR rear. I don't know how long the straights
    are at that track, but if<br>
     you can't get over 95mph with that ratio, something else is wrong.
    I think your change will make things worse. - Larry Youmg<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/27/2022 12:09 PM, Dave Riddle via
      Fot wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDCA@mainserver">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
      <!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]-->
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">We struggled up the hills in the Baja TR3
          at PittRace and topped out at 95 mph coming into T17, 87 mph
          into T1 and 82 into T3<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Lyman pulled the box that had been in the
          car from when it ran Offroad Events<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Toyota W59 <o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Rear axle is 4.63, with a Detroit Locker<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Toyota W59 trans in car bad <o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">1) 3.95<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">2) 2.14<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">3) 1.38<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">4) 1.00<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">5) 0.81<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">He is installing a Toyota W55 with the
          following ratios but obviously they can be changed<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">have a 4.11, also with a Detroit Locker<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">1) 3.83<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">2) 2.06<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">3) 1.43<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">4) 1.00<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">5) 0.84<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">We were running the Hoosier 205/60-15  24.5<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><a href="http://www.microworks.net/"
            moz-do-not-send="true"><span
              style="color:blue;text-decoration:none"><img
                id="Picture_x0020_1"
                src="cid:[email-masked]"
                alt="MWLOGO-Signature" class="" width="191" height="80"
                border="0"></span></a><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span style="font-size:12.0pt">Dave
              Riddle<o:p></o:p></span></b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Business IT Consulting<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Office: 480-610-8234<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">eMail: <a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true"><span
              style="color:blue">[email-masked]</span></a><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Website: <a
            href="http://www.microworks.net/" moz-do-not-send="true"><span
              style="color:blue">http://www.microworks.net</span></a><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><a
            href="https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/"
            moz-do-not-send="true"><span
              style="color:windowtext;text-decoration:none"><img
                id="Picture_x0020_2"
                src="cid:[email-masked]"
                alt="Microsoft-Partner-Network" class="" width="150"
                height="47" border="0"></span></a><a
            href="https://www.acronis.com/en-us/" moz-do-not-send="true"><span
              style="color:blue;text-decoration:none"><img
                id="Picture_x0020_3"
                src="cid:[email-masked]"
                alt="ace_1_orig" class="" width="150" height="63"
                border="0"></span></a><a href="https://www.clio.com/"
            moz-do-not-send="true"><span
              style="color:blue;text-decoration:none"><img
                id="Picture_x0020_4"
                src="cid:[email-masked]"
                alt="CCCLogo" class="" width="200" height="61"
                border="0"></span></a><a
            href="https://www.citycommunications.com/"
            moz-do-not-send="true"><span
              style="color:windowtext;text-decoration:none"><img
                id="Picture_x0020_5"
                src="cid:[email-masked]"
                alt="cityhosted-authorized-dealer_orig" class=""
                width="137" height="40" border="0"></span></a><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>
--------------5JUFXjo6qvbZiE6wvrLtQDNG
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image001.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------5JUFXjo6qvbZiE6wvrLtQDNG
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image002.png"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------5JUFXjo6qvbZiE6wvrLtQDNG
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image003.png"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------5JUFXjo6qvbZiE6wvrLtQDNG
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image004.png"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

QmCC
--------------5JUFXjo6qvbZiE6wvrLtQDNG
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image005.png"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------5JUFXjo6qvbZiE6wvrLtQDNG--

--------------RkySb8i47J1Hh1Wx60S9sCmL--

--===============2162682449191292248==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============2162682449191292248==--

---

From: Dave Riddle via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:50:57 -0700

--===============1185860590893055604==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_008_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_";
	type="multipart/alternative"

--_008_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_
	boundary="_000_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_"

--_000_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_--

--_008_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_
Content-Description: image001.jpg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image001.jpg"; size=3456;
	creation-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_
Content-Description: image002.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image002.png"; size=6532;
	creation-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_
Content-Description: image003.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image003.png"; size=4397;
	creation-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_
Content-Description: image004.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image004.png"; size=9507;
	creation-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_
Content-Description: image005.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image005.png"; size=5068;
	creation-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:50:58 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_735A05A60CF77F41BDE2723965DAFA650987FE12CDDFmainserver_--

--===============1185860590893055604==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1185860590893055604==--

---

From: "John H. Hasty via Fot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:09 +0000

--===============8465740300806287748==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_008_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_";
	type="multipart/alternative"

--_008_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_
	boundary="_000_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_"

--_000_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_--

--_008_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_
Content-Description: image001.jpg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image001.jpg"; size=3456;
	creation-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT";
	modification-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_
Content-Description: image002.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image002.png"; size=6532;
	creation-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT";
	modification-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_
Content-Description: image003.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image003.png"; size=4397;
	creation-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT";
	modification-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_
Content-Description: image004.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image004.png"; size=9507;
	creation-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT";
	modification-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_
Content-Description: image005.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image005.png"; size=5068;
	creation-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT";
	modification-date="Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:04:08 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_BN6PR22MB0067F42292CC0DFC65C10B2C99999BN6PR22MB0067namp_--

--===============8465740300806287748==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8465740300806287748==--