Subject: Re: [Fot] Chris's Rooster Tail

From: Chuck Gee via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 15:01:38 -0400

Can someone post it here?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 19, 2022, at 2:44 PM, Tony Drews via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Wow, that sounds and looks AWESOME!
> 
> - TOny
> 
>> On 7/19/2022 10:39 AM, Dave Riddle via Fot wrote:
>> Lyman's wife, Tonya, shot the video with her phone of Chris's rooster tail in the rain. I posted it to my FB page, messaged it to Chris and he posted it on his FB page too!
>> 
>> I'll be posting a highlight/lowlight reel in a little bit of our sessions
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of yellow04 via Fot
>> Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 7:36 AM
>> To: [email-masked]
>> Subject: SPAM-LOW: [Fot] Race Recap, from the yellow TR250
>> 
>> Again, thanks to everybody who came out to the Kastner Cup this past
>> weekend, both racers and friends. It was fantastic to spend time with
>> old friends and make new ones. While my weekend got much more exciting
>> at the Kastner Cup presentation, it still would have been a really great
>> race weekend for me had the cards fallen in a different direction with
>> the pick for the K-Cup winner.
>> 
>> As I sat on the Grid for the K-Cup race, I am looking at Chris Marks
>> (TR8) on pole, Sam Halkius (TR6) on the outside pole, then Joe Carr
>> (Huffaker TR8) and my TR250 on the second row. Behind me is the Curt
>> Johnston (Huffaker TR7) and Bob "why are they braking 200 feet early?"
>> Lang (TR6). Plus, I realize there are several really fast GT6's back
>> there, although circumstances kept the Dolan cars from posting times
>> that would put them where they belonged on the grid. I'm feeling
>> intimidated, I realize that set of Speedsters under my car are going to
>> be working really, really hard keep any kind of pace with this crew. The
>> rest of this is by memory, as my camera didn't work...
>> 
>> The race is off to a great start, and somehow I find myself dogging the
>> Huffaker TR8. It rained earlier in the day, and the track would best be
>> described as "drying, but not quite dry". I realize Joe is driving a
>> borrowed, incredibly important, historic car, and is feeling out the
>> corners, but for me the grip was there. On the second lap, Joe goes a
>> little hot into one of the uphill sweepers, and my six cylinder powers
>> by him on the inside. Joe takes the position back exhibiting superior
>> straight line speed, but I got him again. If memory serves, we traded
>> places a couple times, I am scored in front of the TR8 for laps 3, 4 and
>> 5! As the race wears on, Joe settles in and shows us what he and that
>> beautiful TR8 were capable of, and finishes the race some 12 seconds in
>> front of me. After the race Joe explains to me what I was seeing in his
>> cockpit, his HANS tether was not quite right and he was trying to get it
>> sorted while on track!
>> 
>> I am thrilled to finish 4th, the first car not running on grooved
>> slicks. Even better, I learn Mark Wheatley, my long-time paddock partner
>> finished behind me in 5th in his TR4! Unfortunately for Bob Lang, his
>> car didn't go the distance, he pulled in after noticing a temperature
>> spike.
>> 
>> In the reunion race Sunday morning, Sam's TR6 was a no-show, and Chris
>> was under strict orders to keep the car in one piece as car owner Peter
>> has a pending sale in place. The two TR8's are front row, with me and
>> Curt Johnston right behind them. The two TR8's take off, and my rear
>> view mirrors are quickly filled with Bob Lang and Brian Dolan's GT6. I
>> am watching the two of them battle it out, when Bob gets by me in Turn
>> 3. It does not take long before Brian gets by me as well and catches
>> Bob. Now I am watching the two of them race each other hard, and I am
>> enjoying the action from the best seat in the house. When the two of
>> them are trying to out brake each other in turn 3 and I see each of them
>> making tire smoke, I realize things are really heating up there! Then
>> they are side by side going down into turn 5. Knowing there is no way
>> two cars are going to through turn 5 faster than one car can, I lay back
>> a little and it unfolds perfectly. I get the run into the corner, am on
>> the gas hard tracking out on the preferred line, and can squeeze my way
>> right up the middle between the two cars! Thanks for making room guys,
>> that was an awesome pass! Bob and Brian continued racing each other so
>> the rest of my ride in the reunion race was not heavily contested, and I
>> was pleased to finish third behind the two TR8's. As I understand it,
>> Chris had to slow down to let his brakes recover, Joe took the overall
>> lead and by the time Chris had confidence in his brakes again, he was
>> out of time to mount a comeback. He told me he needed one more lap to
>> catch Joe!
>> 
>> A few highlights for me over the course of the weekend include:
>> 
>> The whole scene with Christian Marks flying in from Germany to drive
>> Canadian Pete Bulkowski's TR8. These guys know how to have fun while
>> preparing a fast race car. Then there was Chris' incredible drive on
>> Saturday morning's Ground Pounders group session. It was a very wet
>> track and he literally lapped the entire field and the rooster tail
>> shooting up behind the TR8 was so cool! Somebody posted some video of
>> that somewhere, maybe somebody can provide a link?
>> 
>> Meeting Lyman and Dave running the Baja TR3. Taking one look at the car
>> you immediately realized this thing is something special. While it was
>> obvious the car was not going to be competitive for race wins on a road
>> course, it shows how we still have people who are committed to the
>> Triumph marque, who are willing to spend the time and effort to save
>> significant Triumph history, and are willing to share that with us in
>> venues like the Kastner Cup. Well done Lyman, thanks for your efforts.
>> And well driven Dave, you had a tough task in front of you managing the
>> car on a road course. I can't wait to hear about the car's next chapter!
>> 
>> I helped out on the K-Cup committee, so seeing how the event unfolded
>> after all the planning was kind of cool for me. Curt Johnston did a
>> stellar job, and Jim Dolan steered his crew with the PVGP to really make
>> this a special event for us. Job well done guys!
>> 
>> Seeing the family teams in action is always cool for me, we had Sean and
>> Brendan Alexander, Marty and Jason Sukey, Phil and Dave Gott, Jessie and
>> Pat Darrow, and of course the Dolan family. Sorry if I missed anybody!
>> 
>> Hats off to Joe Alexander and his family, while it may look like all
>> this just happens, there is a lot of work behind the scenes. Thanks
>> guys.
>> 
>> So next year the race for the Kastner Cup will be at Road America, I
>> can't wait! With a full grid of the Mid-west Triumph folk gunning for
>> the Cup, I am confident that it will be a spectacular show! I think the
>> smart money will be on Friendly Ghost Racing, no pressure Jason! :-)
>> 
>> Henry Frye
>> #29 TR250
>> _______________________________________________
>> [email-masked]
>> 
>> http://www.fot-racing.com
>> 
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> [email-masked]
>> 
>> http://www.fot-racing.com
>> 
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>> 
>> 
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> 
> http://www.fot-racing.com
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Dave Riddle via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 12:58:05 -0700

It was sent with that email as an attachment.  Did it not come through to you?  The copy that came back to me had the attachment

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Chuck Gee via Fot
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 12:02 PM
To: Tony Drews
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: [Fot] Chris's Rooster Tail

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: Chuck Gee via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 16:00:27 -0400

Oops, I just missed it.  Sorry!

Chuck

> On Jul 19, 2022, at 3:58 PM, Dave Riddle <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Tony Drews via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 15:11:06 -0500

It's an attachment to the original message.

- Tony

---

From: "John H. Hasty via Fot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:11:59 +0000

I could never find it either.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Chuck Gee via Fot
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 12:02 PM
To: Tony Drews
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: [Fot] Chris's Rooster Tail

Sent from my iPhone

>> old friends and make new ones. While my weekend got much more 
>> exciting at the Kastner Cup presentation, it still would have been a 
>> really great race weekend for me had the cards fallen in a different 
>> direction with the pick for the K-Cup winner.
>> 
>> intimidated, I realize that set of Speedsters under my car are going 
>> to be working really, really hard keep any kind of pace with this 
>> crew. The rest of this is by memory, as my camera didn't work...
>> 
>> The race is off to a great start, and somehow I find myself dogging 
>> the Huffaker TR8. It rained earlier in the day, and the track would 
>> best be described as "drying, but not quite dry". I realize Joe is 
>> driving a borrowed, incredibly important, historic car, and is 
>> feeling out the corners, but for me the grip was there. On the second 
>> lap, Joe goes a little hot into one of the uphill sweepers, and my 
>> six cylinder powers by him on the inside. Joe takes the position back 
>> exhibiting superior straight line speed, but I got him again. If 
>> memory serves, we traded places a couple times, I am scored in front 
>> of the TR8 for laps 3, 4 and 5! As the race wears on, Joe settles in 
>> and shows us what he and that beautiful TR8 were capable of, and 
>> finishes the race some 12 seconds in front of me. After the race Joe 
>> explains to me what I was seeing in his cockpit, his HANS tether was 
>> not quite right and he was trying to get it sorted while on track!
>> 
>> slicks. Even better, I learn Mark Wheatley, my long-time paddock 
>> partner finished behind me in 5th in his TR4! Unfortunately for Bob 
>> Lang, his car didn't go the distance, he pulled in after noticing a 
>> temperature spike.
>> 
>> In the reunion race Sunday morning, Sam's TR6 was a no-show, and 
>> Chris was under strict orders to keep the car in one piece as car 
>> owner Peter has a pending sale in place. The two TR8's are front row, 
>> with me and Curt Johnston right behind them. The two TR8's take off, 
>> and my rear view mirrors are quickly filled with Bob Lang and Brian 
>> Dolan's GT6. I am watching the two of them battle it out, when Bob 
>> gets by me in Turn 3. It does not take long before Brian gets by me 
>> as well and catches Bob. Now I am watching the two of them race each 
>> other hard, and I am enjoying the action from the best seat in the 
>> house. When the two of them are trying to out brake each other in 
>> turn 3 and I see each of them making tire smoke, I realize things are 
>> really heating up there! Then they are side by side going down into 
>> turn 5. Knowing there is no way two cars are going to through turn 5 
>> faster than one car can, I lay back a little and it unfolds 
>> perfectly. I get the run into the corner, am on the gas hard tracking 
>> out on the preferred line, and can squeeze my way right up the middle 
>> between the two cars! Thanks for making room guys, that was an 
>> awesome pass! Bob and Brian continued racing each other so the rest 
>> of my ride in the reunion race was not heavily contested, and I was 
>> pleased to finish third behind the two TR8's. As I understand it, 
>> Chris had to slow down to let his brakes recover, Joe took the 
>> overall lead and by the time Chris had confidence in his brakes 
>> again, he was out of time to mount a comeback. He told me he needed one more lap to catch Joe!
>> 
>> Meeting Lyman and Dave running the Baja TR3. Taking one look at the 
>> car you immediately realized this thing is something special. While 
>> it was obvious the car was not going to be competitive for race wins 
>> on a road course, it shows how we still have people who are committed 
>> to the Triumph marque, who are willing to spend the time and effort 
>> to save significant Triumph history, and are willing to share that 
>> with us in venues like the Kastner Cup. Well done Lyman, thanks for your efforts.
>> And well driven Dave, you had a tough task in front of you managing 
>> the car on a road course. I can't wait to hear about the car's next chapter!
>> 
>> stellar job, and Jim Dolan steered his crew with the PVGP to really 
>> make this a special event for us. Job well done guys!
>> 
>> Seeing the family teams in action is always cool for me, we had Sean 
>> and Brendan Alexander, Marty and Jason Sukey, Phil and Dave Gott, 
>> Jessie and Pat Darrow, and of course the Dolan family. Sorry if I missed anybody!
>> 
>> the Cup, I am confident that it will be a spectacular show! I think 
>> the smart money will be on Friendly Ghost Racing, no pressure Jason! 
>> :-)
>> 
>> Henry Frye
>> #29 TR250
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>> 
>> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "John H. Hasty via Fot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:14:16 +0000

No attachment on the one I got

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Tony Drews via Fot
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 4:11 PM
To: Chuck Gee <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] Chris's Rooster Tail

- Tony

On 7/19/2022 2:01 PM, Chuck Gee wrote:
>>> weekend, both racers and friends. It was fantastic to spend time 
>>> with old friends and make new ones. While my weekend got much more 
>>> feeling out the corners, but for me the grip was there. On the 
>>> second lap, Joe goes a little hot into one of the uphill sweepers, 
>>> and my six cylinder powers by him on the inside. Joe takes the 
>>> position back exhibiting superior straight line speed, but I got him 
>>> again. If memory serves, we traded places a couple times, I am 
>>> scored in front of the TR8 for laps 3, 4 and 5! As the race wears 
>>> on, Joe settles in and shows us what he and that beautiful TR8 were 
>>> capable of, and finishes the race some 12 seconds in front of me. 
>>> After the race Joe explains to me what I was seeing in his cockpit, 
>>> his HANS tether was not quite right and he was trying to get it sorted while on track!
>>>
>>> owner Peter has a pending sale in place. The two TR8's are front 
>>> row, with me and Curt Johnston right behind them. The two TR8's take 
>>> off, and my rear view mirrors are quickly filled with Bob Lang and 
>>> Brian Dolan's GT6. I am watching the two of them battle it out, when 
>>> Bob gets by me in Turn 3. It does not take long before Brian gets by 
>>> me as well and catches Bob. Now I am watching the two of them race 
>>> each other hard, and I am enjoying the action from the best seat in 
>>> the house. When the two of them are trying to out brake each other 
>>> in turn 3 and I see each of them making tire smoke, I realize things 
>>> are really heating up there! Then they are side by side going down 
>>> into turn 5. Knowing there is no way two cars are going to through 
>>> turn 5 faster than one car can, I lay back a little and it unfolds 
>>> perfectly. I get the run into the corner, am on the gas hard 
>>> tracking out on the preferred line, and can squeeze my way right up 
>>> the middle between the two cars! Thanks for making room guys, that 
>>> was an awesome pass! Bob and Brian continued racing each other so 
>>> the rest of my ride in the reunion race was not heavily contested, 
>>> and I was pleased to finish third behind the two TR8's. As I 
>>> understand it, Chris had to slow down to let his brakes recover, Joe 
>>> took the overall lead and by the time Chris had confidence in his 
>>> brakes again, he was out of time to mount a comeback. He told me he needed one more lap to catch Joe!
>>>
>>> shooting up behind the TR8 was so cool! Somebody posted some video 
>>> of that somewhere, maybe somebody can provide a link?
>>>
>>> on a road course, it shows how we still have people who are 
>>> committed to the Triumph marque, who are willing to spend the time 
>>> and effort to save significant Triumph history, and are willing to 
>>> share that with us in venues like the Kastner Cup. Well done Lyman, thanks for your efforts.
>>> I helped out on the K-Cup committee, so seeing how the event 
>>> unfolded after all the planning was kind of cool for me. Curt 
>>> Johnston did a stellar job, and Jim Dolan steered his crew with the 
>>> PVGP to really make this a special event for us. Job well done guys!
>>>
>>> can't wait! With a full grid of the Mid-west Triumph folk gunning 
>>> for the Cup, I am confident that it will be a spectacular show! I 
>>> think the smart money will be on Friendly Ghost Racing, no pressure 
>>> Jason! :-)
>>>
>>> Henry Frye
>>> #29 TR250