Subject: [Fot] Triumph wins the MG focus event race at Mosport?

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 08:17:58 -0400

For those of you not familiar with the VARAC Vintage Grand Prix at 
Mosport, thanks to the efforts of Russ Moore there has been a TR/MG 
Challenge race on Sunday afternoon for the past several years. This year 
our friends with the MG Vintage Racers chose the VARAC Vintage Grand 
Prix to hold their annual focus event, so the only way to keep the 
tradition alive was to include the Triumphs in the MG feature. The 
event's competition director happened to be Dave Good, all around great 
guy and MGVR member, he even invited all the Triumph guys to the MGVR 
dinner on Thursday night!

They gridded us by time, the fastest MG on pole, fastest TR on the 
outside of the front row. Next fastest MG, then next fastest TR, etc., 
until there were no more Triumphs and the MG's fell in line. Nick Pratt 
in his amazing Midget was on pole, and while on paper it might look like 
the MG guys were bringing a knife to a gunfight, it was quite the battle 
up front. While Nick's best lap bested the TR250 by a full half second, 
but we prevailed as the race was drawing to a close and somehow pulled 
off a win in the MG focus event race! We also took fourth and eighth 
place!

Yes, I had the good graces to apologize...

We were visited by long-lime FOT member John Harkness, who came to 
nearby Peterborough to show off the amazing MG-TF at MG2022. The MG Car 
Club of Toronto and the North American MGB Register is holding MG2022 
there, what I assume is the MG equivalent to our VTR annual convention. 
It was great to see John again, and by his reaction to a Triumph winning 
the MG race, we can rest assured he still carries a torch for Triumphs!

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot