Subject: [Fot] Another radiator question

From: Mark Bradakis via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 00:33:27 -0700

As if there hasn't been enough discussion already.  But I don't think 
anyone has expressed an opinion as to whether crossflow or downflow is 
better. Should be obvious but crossflow the tubes go from side to side, 
downflow top to bottom.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 06:36:15 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1319579031799608196==
 boundary="------------Za5DewomgJTVf7EeVCre46ff"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------Za5DewomgJTVf7EeVCre46ff
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 1/4/22 11:33 PM, Mark Bradakis via Fot wrote:
> better. Should be obvious but crossflow the tubes go from side to 
> side, downflow top to bottom.

I thought that depended upon the shape of the radiator. The long 
direction giving more oppertunity for thermal transfer. Just a guess 
mind you. My TR3 aluminum radiator is narrow & has vertical tubes, while 
my wider than stock Series II Land Rover has a Griffin radiator with 
horizontal tubes.

TeriAnn

-- 

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and 
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to write

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------Za5DewomgJTVf7EeVCre46ff
 boundary="------------1r48601TgAgl4naBCtP8A8mv"

--------------1r48601TgAgl4naBCtP8A8mv
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/4/22 11:33 PM, Mark Bradakis via
      Fot wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">As if
      there hasn't been enough discussion already.  But I don't think
      anyone has expressed an opinion as to whether crossflow or
      downflow is better. Should be obvious but crossflow the tubes go
      from side to side, downflow top to bottom.
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <p>I thought that depended upon the shape of the radiator. The long
      direction giving more oppertunity for thermal transfer. Just a
      guess mind you. My TR3 aluminum radiator is narrow &amp; has
      vertical tubes, while my wider than stock Series II Land Rover has
      a Griffin radiator with horizontal tubes.</p>
    <p>TeriAnn</p>
    <p><img src="cid:[email-masked]"
        moz-do-not-send="false">-- <br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature">
      <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
--------------1r48601TgAgl4naBCtP8A8mv
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="IMG_2712.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------1r48601TgAgl4naBCtP8A8mv--

--------------Za5DewomgJTVf7EeVCre46ff--

--===============1319579031799608196==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1319579031799608196==--