Subject: [Fot] Help With Wiper Motor Parts

From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 17:33:20 +0000 (UTC)

--===============2391685148532378799==
	boundary="----=_Part_6711353_1496299492.1638898400905"

------=_Part_6711353_1496299492.1638898400905
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Cleaning and painting on my Morgan, I today discovered that a couple of ver=
y small parts that I had left sitting on my work bench have apparently disa=
ppeared.=C2=A0 They probably got scooped up with some papers and got tossed=
 in the trash.=C2=A0 The wiper motor on my 1967 Morgan is the same as the o=
ne used on most all TR's up to 1967.=C2=A0 If anyone has some old wiper mot=
ors apart and would be willing to sell the parts, let me know.=C2=A0 Or if =
anyone knows of a business that works on these=C2=A0 old wiper motors and m=
ay stock new parts, please let me know as well.
The pieces I am looking for are the little contact, which sits atop the rod=
 connecting the gear to the crosshead and rack, and rotates around with the=
 gear, completing the electrical circuit.=C2=A0 I believe this is used to e=
stablish the park position for the wipers.=C2=A0 When you remove the top co=
ver and round cap, this is the little piece sticking up on top of the gear.=
=C2=A0 It makes contact with the inside of the round cap when all is assemb=
led.=C2=A0 I also need the little clip that holds the above part in place a=
top the gear.
The factory parts book does not show these parts.=C2=A0 It does show the ro=
d (part number 503601) which the clip holds in place.=C2=A0 Thanks for any =
help you can give me on this.
Jack

------=_Part_6711353_1496299492.1638898400905
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-fami=
ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Cleaning and painting on my Morgan, I today =
discovered that a couple of very small parts that I had left sitting on my =
work bench have apparently disappeared.&nbsp; They probably got scooped up =
with some papers and got tossed in the trash.&nbsp; The wiper motor on my 1=
967 Morgan is the same as the one used on most all TR's up to 1967.&nbsp; I=
f anyone has some old wiper motors apart and would be willing to sell the p=
arts, let me know.&nbsp; Or if anyone knows of a business that works on the=
se&nbsp; old wiper motors and may stock new parts, please let me know as we=
ll.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" =
data-setdir=3D"false">The pieces I am looking for are the little contact, w=
hich sits atop the rod connecting the gear to the crosshead and rack, and r=
otates around with the gear, completing the electrical circuit.&nbsp; I bel=
ieve this is used to establish the park position for the wipers.&nbsp; When=
 you remove the top cover and round cap, this is the little piece sticking =
up on top of the gear.&nbsp; It makes contact with the inside of the round =
cap when all is assembled.&nbsp; I also need the little clip that holds the=
 above part in place atop the gear.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"fa=
lse"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">The factory parts boo=
k does not show these parts.&nbsp; It does show the rod (part number 503601=
) which the clip holds in place.&nbsp; Thanks for any help you can give me =
on this.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false"><br></div><div dir=3D"=
ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Jack<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_6711353_1496299492.1638898400905--

--===============2391685148532378799==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============2391685148532378799==--

---

From: DAVE HOGYE via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 12:19:36 -0800 (PST)

--===============1888061188342506882==
	boundary="----=_Part_1577153_28123846.1638908376215"

------=_Part_1577153_28123846.1638908376215
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Jack,
I have boxes of wiper motors and spare parts.  I'll lay my hands on what you need and get back to you.   
Dave H.
831-234-4928

>     On 12/07/2021 9:33 AM Jack Wheeler via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
>     Cleaning and painting on my Morgan, I today discovered that a couple of very small parts that I had left sitting on my work bench have apparently disappeared.  They probably got scooped up with some papers and got tossed in the trash.  The wiper motor on my 1967 Morgan is the same as the one used on most all TR's up to 1967.  If anyone has some old wiper motors apart and would be willing to sell the parts, let me know.  Or if anyone knows of a business that works on these  old wiper motors and may stock new parts, please let me know as well.
> 
>     The pieces I am looking for are the little contact, which sits atop the rod connecting the gear to the crosshead and rack, and rotates around with the gear, completing the electrical circuit.  I believe this is used to establish the park position for the wipers.  When you remove the top cover and round cap, this is the little piece sticking up on top of the gear.  It makes contact with the inside of the round cap when all is assembled.  I also need the little clip that holds the above part in place atop the gear.
> 
>     The factory parts book does not show these parts.  It does show the rod (part number 503601) which the clip holds in place.  Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
> 
>     Jack
>     Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 
> 

------=_Part_1577153_28123846.1638908376215
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html>
<html>
 <head> 
  <meta charset="UTF-8"> 
 </head>
 <body>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Hi Jack,</span>
   <br>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;" class="default-style">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">I have boxes of wiper motors and spare parts.&nbsp; I'll lay my hands on what you need and get back to you.&nbsp; &nbsp;</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;" class="default-style">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">Dave H.</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;" class="default-style">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;">831-234-4928</span>
  </div>
  <div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;" class="default-style">
   <span style="font-family: helvetica; font-size: 12pt;"><br></span>
  </div>
  <blockquote type="cite">
   <div>
    On 12/07/2021 9:33 AM Jack Wheeler via Fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:
   </div>
   <div>
    <br>
   </div>
   <div>
    <br>
   </div>
   <div style="font-family: Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;" class="yahoo-style-wrap">
    <div data-setdir="false" dir="ltr">
     Cleaning and painting on my Morgan, I today discovered that a couple of very small parts that I had left sitting on my work bench have apparently disappeared.&nbsp; They probably got scooped up with some papers and got tossed in the trash.&nbsp; The wiper motor on my 1967 Morgan is the same as the one used on most all TR's up to 1967.&nbsp; If anyone has some old wiper motors apart and would be willing to sell the parts, let me know.&nbsp; Or if anyone knows of a business that works on these&nbsp; old wiper motors and may stock new parts, please let me know as well.
    </div>
    <div data-setdir="false" dir="ltr">
     <br>
    </div>
    <div data-setdir="false" dir="ltr">
     The pieces I am looking for are the little contact, which sits atop the rod connecting the gear to the crosshead and rack, and rotates around with the gear, completing the electrical circuit.&nbsp; I believe this is used to establish the park position for the wipers.&nbsp; When you remove the top cover and round cap, this is the little piece sticking up on top of the gear.&nbsp; It makes contact with the inside of the round cap when all is assembled.&nbsp; I also need the little clip that holds the above part in place atop the gear.
    </div>
    <div data-setdir="false" dir="ltr">
     <br>
    </div>
    <div data-setdir="false" dir="ltr">
     The factory parts book does not show these parts.&nbsp; It does show the rod (part number 503601) which the clip holds in place.&nbsp; Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
    </div>
    <div data-setdir="false" dir="ltr">
     <br>
    </div>
    <div data-setdir="false" dir="ltr">
     Jack
     <br>
    </div>
   </div>_______________________________________________
   <br>[email-masked]
   <br>
   <br>http://www.fot-racing.com
   <br>
   <br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
   <br>Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
   <br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
   <br>
   <br>
   <br>
  </blockquote>
 </body>
</html>
------=_Part_1577153_28123846.1638908376215--

--===============1888061188342506882==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1888061188342506882==--