Subject: [Fot] Billet crank and 1500 spitfire engine

From: Mike Harmuth via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 10:17:14 -0500

--===============0869959463409456465==

--00000000000057828705d0fd8ac1

Hi FOTers, I'm toying with the idea of building a 1500 race engine for the
spit. I have the Moldex billet crank in my 1296 race engines and like the
smoothness created by the "ghost main" style. I know 1500's have a problem
revving (and staying together) so I was wondering if anyone has
successfully built a 1500 racing engine with one.

I'm looking because a couple of groups run vintage races in the northeast
on very hilly tracks and I'd like more torque. The way they classify cars,
a 1300 and a 1500 both compete in the same class. If I can get more stroke
and not give up too much top end (like a different diff ratio "provides")
I'd be willing to give it a try.

Has anyone found a solution to keeping a 1500 together to 7K (more than
once)?

thanks
mike h

--00000000000057828705d0fd8ac1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi FOTers, I&#39;m toying with the idea of building a 1500=
 race engine for the spit. I have the Moldex billet crank in my 1296 race e=
ngines and like the smoothness created by the &quot;ghost main&quot; style.=
 I know 1500&#39;s have a problem revving (and staying together) so I was w=
ondering if anyone has successfully built a 1500 racing engine with one.<di=
v><br></div><div>I&#39;m looking because a couple of groups run vintage rac=
es in the northeast on very hilly tracks and I&#39;d like more torque. The =
way they classify cars, a 1300 and a 1500 both compete in the same class. I=
f I can get more stroke and not give up too much top end (like a different =
diff ratio &quot;provides&quot;) I&#39;d be willing to give it a try.</div>=
<div><br></div><div>Has anyone found a solution to keeping a 1500 together =
to 7K (more than once)?</div><div><br></div><div>thanks</div><div>mike h</d=
iv></div>

--00000000000057828705d0fd8ac1--

--===============0869959463409456465==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============0869959463409456465==--