Subject: [Fot] AE Hepolite "Powermax" pistons

From: Alexandre Camoletti via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 10:36:31 +0200

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2197882612085478615==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0007_01D7C59E.58E7A640"
Content-Language: fr-ch

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D7C59E.58E7A640
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Amici, does anyone remember the then famous AE Hepolite "Powermax" pistons ?

They were I believe the ones to have for competition use in the 60s/70s.

I have some and consider using them at some point. 

I have 4 in 87mm STD size, and 4 in 87mm+.030'' (but cut just under the pin
hole to lighten them).

Part numbers engraved on the crown (and casted inside) are 18510 or 18510A.

They weigh around 470 grams each (naked, no rings or pins).

It seems those Powermax pistons had a special die casting process, to bring
them close to the forged pistons in terms of resistance (not sure about
this, as it may have been introduced during the production life).

Is it a good idea to use those (maybe with a coating) vs modern pistons ?

Thank your for your comments !

With kind regards

Alex Camoletti

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D7C59E.58E7A640
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Garamond;
	panose-1:2 2 4 4 3 3 1 1 8 3;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Garamond","serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DFR-CH =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>Amici, does =
anyone remember the then famous AE Hepolite &quot;Powermax&quot; =
pistons&nbsp;?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>They were I =
believe the ones to have for competition use in the =
60s/70s.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>I have some =
and consider using them at some point. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>I have 4 in =
87mm STD size, and 4 in 87mm+.030&#8217;&#8217; (but cut just under the =
pin hole to lighten them).<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>Part numbers =
engraved on the crown (and casted inside) are 18510 or =
18510A.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>They weigh =
around 470 grams each (naked, no rings or pins).<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>It seems those =
Powermax pistons had a special die casting process, to bring them close =
to the forged pistons in terms of resistance (not sure about this, as it =
may have been introduced during the production =
life).<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>Is it a good =
idea to use those (maybe with a coating) vs modern =
pistons&nbsp;?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>Thank your for =
your comments&nbsp;!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>With kind =
regards<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Garamond","serif"'>Alex =
Camoletti<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D7C59E.58E7A640--

--===============2197882612085478615==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============2197882612085478615==--