Subject: [Fot] TR3 wire wheel knockoffs

From: Henry Giffin via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 22:27:04 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6486444412924852708==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_015B_01D7B3EE.CD88EC50"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_015B_01D7B3EE.CD88EC50
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

There is a lot of expertise on FoT and I have a question I expect the
knowledgeable ones will be able to help.

     On my early (1956) street TR3 (ex-Mike Jackson) I decided to replace
the somewhat rusty wire wheel knockoffs.  I had another set of knockoffs
(and hubs) from another TR3 in better shape, but the threads were more
coarse and didn't fit.  So I thought they might have been from another
British car, and ordered a new set of knockoffs from Moss.  They too were
too coarse.

    Can anyone confirm that the early TR3s had a finer thread on their hubs?

    I would like to keep the car original but may have to swap the hubs to
use the nicer knockoffs, or chrome the fine threaded ones.  Or just live
with the rust!  

    Can anyone confirm the early TR3s had finer knockoff threads or is there
another possible explanation?

     Thx, Hank

Hank Giffin

757-375-1491

------=_NextPart_000_015B_01D7B3EE.CD88EC50
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>There is a lot of expertise on FoT and I have =
a question I expect the knowledgeable ones will be able to =
help.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; On my early (1956) =
street TR3 (ex-Mike Jackson) I decided to replace the somewhat rusty =
wire wheel knockoffs.&nbsp; I had another set of knockoffs (and hubs) =
from another TR3 in better shape, but the threads were more coarse and =
didn&#8217;t fit.&nbsp; So I thought they might have been from another =
British car, and ordered a new set of knockoffs from Moss.&nbsp; They =
too were too coarse.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Can anyone confirm that =
the early TR3s had a finer thread on their hubs? =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I would like to keep =
the car original but may have to swap the hubs to use the nicer =
knockoffs, or chrome the fine threaded ones.&nbsp; Or just live with the =
rust!&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Can anyone confirm =
the early TR3s had finer knockoff threads or is there another possible =
explanation?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thx, =
Hank<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hank Giffin<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>757-375-1491<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_015B_01D7B3EE.CD88EC50--

--===============6486444412924852708==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============6486444412924852708==--