Subject: Re: [Fot] Tire Temp Gauge

From: Robert Lang via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:33:33 +0000 (UTC)

--===============7117015545702280478==
	boundary="----=_Part_926062_1268935631.1631738013656"

------=_Part_926062_1268935631.1631738013656
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Additional data point:=C2=A0 1997 racing dollars are worth about 1/2 of 202=
1 racing dollars, so figure $150 for a probe tire temp gauge.
Yours in inflation (pun intended)Bob Lang

------=_Part_926062_1268935631.1631738013656
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div>Additional data point:&nbsp; 1997 racing dollars are worth about 1/2 of 2021 racing dollars, so figure $150 for a probe tire temp gauge.</div><div><br></div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Yours in inflation (pun intended)</div><div dir="ltr" data-setdir="false">Bob Lang<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_926062_1268935631.1631738013656--

--===============7117015545702280478==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============7117015545702280478==--

---

From: Jim Gray via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:39:24 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0043066839630322293==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_008C_01D7AAEF.7FD35160"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01D7AAEF.7FD35160
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I use the longacre temp probe and their 60lb pressure gauge. This may =
have already been covered but I=E2=80=99ll just say it.

A cheap pressure gauge that reads beyond 60 lbs can have a + or =
=E2=80=93 of 5lbs which as you know by now is huge.

I also send that gauge back to longacre every two seasons for =
calibration. With a gauge that only reads to 60 you can pressurize =
fairly accurately to 1/2PSI. I use the hoosier SM7=E2=80=99s in Colorado =
and they are sensitive to pressure and tire temp.

After several years of using them I have a pretty good feel how to get =
them in the window for a good quali lap.

Get a good pressure gauge.

jim g

=20

From: Fot <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Robert Lang via Fot
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 2:34 PM
To: FOT Triumph <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tire Temp Gauge

=20

Additional data point:  1997 racing dollars are worth about 1/2 of 2021 =
racing dollars, so figure $150 for a probe tire temp gauge.

=20

Yours in inflation (pun intended)

Bob Lang

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01D7AAEF.7FD35160
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I use the longacre temp probe =
and their 60lb pressure gauge. This may have already been covered but =
I=E2=80=99ll just say it.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>A cheap =
pressure gauge that reads beyond 60 lbs can have a + or =E2=80=93 of =
5lbs which as you know by now is huge.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I also send that gauge back to longacre every two =
seasons for calibration. With a gauge that only reads to 60 you can =
pressurize fairly accurately to 1/2PSI. I use the hoosier SM7=E2=80=99s =
in Colorado and they are sensitive to pressure and tire =
temp.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>After several years of using =
them I have a pretty good feel how to get them in the window for a good =
quali lap.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Get a <i><u>good</u></i> =
pressure gauge.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>jim =
g<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Fot =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Robert Lang via =
Fot<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, September 15, 2021 2:34 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
FOT Triumph &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Fot] Tire =
Temp Gauge<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>Additional =
data point:&nbsp; 1997 racing dollars are worth about 1/2 of 2021 racing =
dollars, so figure $150 for a probe tire temp =
gauge.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;=
</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>Yours in =
inflation (pun intended)<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif'>Bob =
Lang<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_008C_01D7AAEF.7FD35160--

--===============0043066839630322293==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0043066839630322293==--