Subject: [Fot] Pinion bearing on GT6

From: Ronnie Babbitt via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 10:32:44 -0400

--Apple-Mail-4B495488-6E7D-4188-9333-C87BFF17ADBA
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BFI had planned to change the pinion seals on my diff while I have it=
 out. I removed the front support bracket and removed the nut along with the=
 front pinion seal. With the seal out of the case I have this movement. When=
 assembled,I did not notice any movement. Is this normal movement with no se=
al in place?  Are the pinion bearings cone shaped? If so would this allow fo=
r movement?=20

The gear set looks absolutely remarkablea, no scoring or wear. The bearing s=
pins freely. This is a GT6/ Late Spit diff used in my sports six.=20

--Apple-Mail-4B495488-6E7D-4188-9333-C87BFF17ADBA
	name=Video.mov;
	x-apple-part-url=DC2D65B1-2FD1-4B04-B6E6-DF24B5DAB9CF-L0-001
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename=Video.mov
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-4B495488-6E7D-4188-9333-C87BFF17ADBA
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ronnie
--Apple-Mail-4B495488-6E7D-4188-9333-C87BFF17ADBA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--Apple-Mail-4B495488-6E7D-4188-9333-C87BFF17ADBA--