Subject: [Fot] Triumph ... Glory Still Exists

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 07:44:00 -0400

Jefferson 500, Summit Point, West Virginia

The pent up energy as we come out of the pandemic was apparent, the car 
count was off the charts. In the 3 race groups we ran in, around 106 
cars posted times. Out of those 106 cars, 14 were Triumphs, or Triumph 
powered specials.  Looking at lap times, 5 of those Triumphs were in the 
top 12. Impressive results.

The Lola Cup race had the Spitfires, and that race was won by one of the 
Spits out of the Vintage Racing Services camp. No surprise there, 
anything our friends at VRS produce will be wicked fast and very well 
driven.

The Donahue Cup race had the TR3, Ambro and Peerless GT running. Vic 
Schuster posted a great time in the Ambro, but that race had a Bobsy 
sports racer that ran away from the field.

The Marlboro Cup race had the later TR's and GT6's. Attrition at the 
front over the weekend left two contenders to battle for the win, and 
while on paper the TR250 never had a chance against a well prepped and 
driven Lotus Super 7, the plan was to race the guy hard and clean and 
hope for a mistake. I was relentless, especially in the carousel, 
getting side by side on numerous occasions. I got around him at least 3 
times in traffic, just to have him power around me on the next straight. 
But a back marker was in the right place at the right time, clogging the 
line on the last turn on the last lap. I used the back marker as a pick, 
pulled onto the front straight in the lead, and the drag race to 
start/finish was on. The Triumph prevailed by .092 seconds!

Incredible racing, weather and camaraderie in the paddock. Doesn't get 
any better than this.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot