Subject: [Fot] TR6 cylinder head question

From: Enquiries Road & Track via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 12:37:55 +1000

--===============2069893340000902567==

--000000000000dac3ee05bd2582a0

im trying to confirm the casting  and part numbers for the cylinder head on
the US market TR6 & GT6 (Mk2 & 3) engines

my records,  going back decades,  mostly covers the UK cars and i'm aware
the US was often different.

the numbers  i'm chasing are clearly marked on the intake/exh port side.
The part number is stamped into the head on  machined flat surface near #1
intake port , and the cast number (raised) is cast in, roughly above #3
intake port.  Both can be seen with the rocker cover in place

if anyone happens to have a head off an engine and knowns its never been
machined, then a thickness measurement would really help

For example, commencing around 1974 for the 2500 engine, the cast numbers
typically changes to 313247 for "low compression" and 313248 for 'high
compression" They are differing thickness. . Both have a round boss near #5
cylinder location that was drilled and threaded for an EGR valve if needed.
As such, there are many different part numbers for bare and completed heads.

I'll post up my data table FYI,  once i get this sorted

many thanks

Terry
Australia

--000000000000dac3ee05bd2582a0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">im trying to confirm the casting=C2=A0 and part numbers fo=
r the cylinder head on the US market TR6 &amp; GT6 (Mk2 &amp; 3) engines<di=
v><br></div><div>my records,=C2=A0 going back decades,=C2=A0 mostly covers =
the UK cars and i&#39;m aware the US was often different.</div><div><br></d=
iv><div>the numbers=C2=A0 i&#39;m chasing are clearly marked on the intake/=
exh port side. The part number is stamped into the head on=C2=A0 machined f=
lat surface near #1 intake port , and the cast number (raised) is cast in, =
roughly above #3 intake port.=C2=A0 Both can be seen with the rocker cover =
in place</div><div><br></div><div>if anyone happens to have a head off an e=
ngine and knowns its never been machined, then a thickness measurement woul=
d really help</div><div><br></div><div>For example, commencing around 1974 =
for the 2500 engine, the cast numbers typically changes to 313247 for &quot=
;low compression&quot; and 313248 for &#39;high compression&quot; They are =
differing thickness. . Both have a round boss near #5 cylinder location tha=
t was drilled and threaded for an EGR valve if needed. As such, there are m=
any different part numbers for bare and completed heads.</div><div><br></di=
v><div>I&#39;ll post up my data table FYI,=C2=A0 once i get this sorted</di=
v><div><br></div><div>many thanks=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>Terry</div=
><div>Australia</div></div>

--000000000000dac3ee05bd2582a0--

--===============2069893340000902567==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============2069893340000902567==--