Subject: [Fot] Race Headers

From: John Davies via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 10:25:31 +0100

Very interesting, Jim, thank you for sharing your experience and pics!

Deshrouding by grinding into the squish area risks losing that effect, and
leaves a greater circumference of the valve still shrouded by the chamber
walls.
A while ago, I happened to acquire a head which someone had deshrouded by
grinding those walls around the valve, opposite the squish, without
encroaching on the bore diameter.
This looked most innovative and potentially an advantage, but in use was a
disaster!     The head persistently blew its gaskets!   I presume that the
thinner face around the bore had become less rigid and allowed the edge to
flex and leak.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 07 October 2020 18:16
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Fot Digest, Vol 103, Issue 299

Send Fot mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/fot
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Fot digest..."

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot