Subject: Re: [Fot] testing

From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 07:08:59 -0700

On 2/23/20 6:28 AM, marty via Fot wrote:
> Just checking to see if my post are going through. I sent a Kastner 
> Cup post out yesterday and didnt see it.
>

Some general observations and guidelines here.  First off, make sure the 
mail you are sending to the FOT list is going to [email-masked] and 
NOT fot-bounces or fot-owner or some other admin only type of address.  
Some email programs don't do a good job of sorting this out, especially 
on list replies.

And speaking of replies, say Person A posts to the list, you hit the 
'reply' button that your mail program provides.  Check and see what 
addresses are actually listed as recipients.  Person A is n the FOT 
list, they will see your reply in list email, they don't need to get a 
second copy sent to their personal address.  Some mailers are able to 
discern it is a mailing list message from the headers, which are usually 
not displayed to the user.  For example, the FOT list, as well as all 
the other Team Net lists, puts lines like these in the message headers:

So if you are using a mailer that can figure these out, using 'reply 
list' or whatever will trim out all the other cc: addresses and send it 
to just the list address.

Messages from addresses not in the list, or that have too many recipient 
addresses listed and those that match other certain tests are held for 
administrator approval.  That means I have to look at them and decide 
what to do with the messages, whether to throw them away or send them on 
to the list.  I get about 2 - 300 hundred such messages every day from 
all the lists hosted here, it can take me a while to get through them 
all.  I just checked, currently have 348 such messages, and at 8 am 
every day emails are sent to the list owners ( that would be me ) with 
details on why they are held.

That being said, Marty, I didn't see anything from you in the held 
message queue for FOT, so I'm not certain what happened to the missing 
Kastner Cup post.  I can't even determine if it made it to Team Net or 
not, sorry.  All I can say is try it again, and explicitly add 
[email-masked] as a cc: address, so I can take a look at the actual 
email headers to see what the problem might be.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
eam.net