Subject: [Fot] Need a chassis moved from St. Louis to NY.

From: robert bownes via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:51:48 -0400

--===============6090879293939688676==

--0000000000001255fc058df69723

Anyone driving east with an empty trailer?

So I'm getting rid of projects. Really.

Now that I've discovered the Formula Ford I have is one of 10 ever built,
I'm less inclined to hack it up, put the rover V8 in it and call if a
Formula 5000. So I'm selling it off. Let someone else take on creating
unique bodywork from scratch...I'll start with something I feel less guilty
about destroying. Maybe. :)

But in doing the research, I got sucked into the evil world of pre-1970
formula cars. And I found a great project, albeit without a lot of Triumph
content, but lots of local flavor as it was built in New England and first
races at Lime Rock 50 years ago next year.

Anyway, long story short, If I can find a way to get Caldwell FSV chassis
#1 transported eastward from St. Louis, I'll have a project for the winter
to get it on the track for the 50th reunion of FSV next year.

--0000000000001255fc058df69723
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><br></div><div>Anyone driving east with an empty trai=
ler?</div><div><br></div><div>So I&#39;m getting rid of projects. Really. <=
br></div><div><br></div><div>Now that I&#39;ve discovered the Formula Ford =
I have is one of 10 ever built, I&#39;m less inclined to hack it up, put th=
e rover V8 in it and call if a Formula 5000. So I&#39;m selling it off. Let=
 someone else take on creating unique bodywork from scratch...I&#39;ll star=
t with something I feel less guilty about destroying. Maybe. :)</div><div><=
br></div><div>But in doing the research, I got sucked into the evil world o=
f pre-1970 formula cars. And I found a great project, albeit without a lot =
of Triumph content, but lots of local flavor as it was built in New England=
 and first races at Lime Rock 50 years ago next year. <br></div><div><br></=
div><div>Anyway, long story short, If I can find a way to get Caldwell FSV =
chassis #1 transported eastward from St. Louis, I&#39;ll have a project for=
 the winter to get it on the track for the 50th reunion of FSV next year. <=
br></div><div><br></div></div>

--0000000000001255fc058df69723--

--===============6090879293939688676==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============6090879293939688676==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:07:34 -0600

> Anyone driving east with an empty trailer?

Wow.  I do have a trailer, but not planning on going anywhere with it 
soon.  Sounds like quite an interesting undertaking, though, good luck!

mjb.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]