Subject: [Fot] TR-3/4 oil pump / distributor drive shaft?

From: Tony Drews via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 12:58:40 -0500

I just got off the phone with an engine builder who discovered that the 
new oil pump drive shaft he installed (the one that goes through the 
gear engaging the cam) is manufactured incorrectly - the tang that goes 
into the oil pump is 0.010" off center and binds with the pump.

Anyone have a spare OEM shaft sitting on the shelf that they'd be 
willing to part with?  If so I'll get you guys in touch with each other.

He's trying to meet a deadline to get the engine to a dyno and then to 
installation in the car.

Also, if you're buying a new one of these, check the oil pump tang for 
proper centering!

Thanks in advance, Tony Drews

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]