Subject: [Fot] Ford Type 9 lost third gear

From: Jason Sukey via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:13:59 -0400

--===============2751945007465868131==

--00000000000047c6f1058dcdd400

Hi again FOT- My GT6 is running the Ford type 9 5 speed setup. In my Sunday
race session, it "lost" third gear as I was making a 4th to 3rd downshift.
The lever won't move forward into 3rd, feels like a hard stop.  No grinding
or any unusual noises.  As it sits now, all other gears work normally.
Thinking back, there were a few times the previous race weekend where I had
difficulty selecting third, I had just chalked it up to driver error, maybe
that was the beginning of it?

I checked the gear oil prior to this weekend, it was full and didn't need
any added.

Anyone out there racing with this setup have any suggestions where to start
when I tear it down?

Thanks,
Jason

--00000000000047c6f1058dcdd400
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi again FOT- My GT6 is running the Ford type 9 5 speed se=
tup. In my Sunday race session, it &quot;lost&quot; third gear as I was mak=
ing a 4th to 3rd downshift.=C2=A0 The lever won&#39;t move forward into 3rd=
, feels like a hard stop.=C2=A0 No grinding or any unusual noises.=C2=A0 As=
 it sits now, all other gears work normally.=C2=A0 Thinking back, there wer=
e a few times the previous race weekend where I had difficulty selecting th=
ird, I had just chalked it up to driver error, maybe that was the beginning=
 of it?<div><br></div><div>I checked the gear oil prior to this weekend, it=
 was full and didn&#39;t need any added.<br><div><br></div><div>Anyone out =
there racing with this setup have any suggestions where to start when I tea=
r it down?</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Jason</div></div></di=
v>

--00000000000047c6f1058dcdd400--

--===============2751945007465868131==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============2751945007465868131==--