Subject: [Fot] KCup thanks and congratulations

From: DAVE HOGYE via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 10:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

--===============3776568449117667023==
	boundary="----=_Part_193647_517461208.1557162669266"

------=_Part_193647_517461208.1557162669266
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello Friends,

Thanks to everyone who helped put together a great weekend of racing.  It was a very healthy turnout of Triumphs.

What a great group!  Ken did an excellent job of taking good care of us in a well organized fashion.  Joe Siam Too.

Buttonwillow is a very fun track.  I was a little slow at getting up to speed, but I improved my lap times by over 9 seconds from my last practice session on Friday to the all British race on Sunday.  If only the KCup was run on Sunday.  I ran 2:22s during the Kastner Cup race and 2:17s during the British race on Sunday, finishing 9th of 27.  

I had a little problem with my TR3 for the first time in it's 17 events.  It would not rev over 5,500 rpm beginning on Friday, although once I figured out a good flow of the track, I was really having a blast.  

On Friday, I had my first spin and thanks to Walt Hollowell's efforts, I was lucky not to collect anyone or hit the only wall at Buttonwillow.  Walt was a couple feet from hitting me in the driver door and I floored the throttle to keep the car rotating out of his way.  The 360 spin ended a couple feet from a tire barrier still on pavement.  

Congratulations to Brian Howlett.  His Kastner Cup win was well deserved.  He was really flying in his TR4.  Unfortunately, he didn't fair as well in his Morgan during the Sunday British race.  A lap after he passed me, his car broke an axle right in front of me in the esses.  A wild series of spins followed.  

Stay tuned for videos.

Dave H.

------=_Part_193647_517461208.1557162669266
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
    <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">
</head><body><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sa=
ns-serif; color: #333333;">Hello Friends,</p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; f=
ont-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">Thanks to everyo=
ne who helped put together a great weekend of racing.&#160; It was a very h=
ealthy turnout of Triumphs.</p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: he=
lvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">What a great group!&#160; Ken =
did an excellent job of taking good care of us in a well organized fashion.=
&#160; Joe Siam Too.</p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica=
, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">Buttonwillow is a very fun track.&#16=
0; I was a little slow at getting up to speed, but I improved my lap times =
by over 9 seconds from my last practice session on Friday to the all Britis=
h race on Sunday.&#160; If only the KCup was run on Sunday.&#160; I ran 2:2=
2s during the Kastner Cup race and 2:17s during the British race on Sunday,=
 finishing 9th of 27.&#160;&#160;</p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-fami=
ly: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">I had a little problem w=
ith my TR3 for the first time in it&#39;s 17 events.&#160; It would not rev=
 over 5,500 rpm beginning on Friday, although once I figured out a good flo=
w of the track, I was really having a blast.&#160;&#160;</p><p style=3D"fon=
t-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">O=
n Friday, I had my first spin and thanks to Walt Hollowell&#39;s efforts, I=
 was lucky not to collect anyone or hit the only wall at Buttonwillow.&#160=
; Walt was a couple feet from hitting me in the driver door and I floored t=
he throttle to keep the car rotating out of his way.&#160; The 360 spin end=
ed a couple feet from a tire barrier still on pavement.&#160;&#160;</p><p s=
tyle=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: =
#333333;">Congratulations to Brian Howlett.&#160; His Kastner Cup win was w=
ell deserved.&#160; He was really flying in his TR4.&#160; Unfortunately, h=
e didn&#39;t fair as well in his Morgan during the Sunday British race.&#16=
0; A lap after he passed me, his car broke an axle right in front of me in =
the esses.&#160; A wild series of spins followed.&#160;&#160;</p><p style=
=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333=
333;">Stay tuned for videos.</p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: h=
elvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;">Dave H.</p><p style=3D"font-s=
ize: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;"><br>=
</p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;=
 color: #333333;"><br></p><p style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-family: helveti=
ca, arial, sans-serif; color: #333333;"><br></p></body></html>
=20
------=_Part_193647_517461208.1557162669266--

--===============3776568449117667023==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============3776568449117667023==--