Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup

From: CHARLES KENT via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 00:06:24 -0400 (EDT)

--===============7654543944461349269==
	boundary="----=_Part_16753_2015238215.1557374784535"

------=_Part_16753_2015238215.1557374784535
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi, I just wanted to express our gratitude to the FOT people who are charged with making the location choices for the cup. I don't know if we would have ventured back east for our initial kc event, so the west coast race made it easy for us being from phoenix. I am afraid we are hooked now and will indeed make some long tows. It was an absolute pleasure meeting so many tr racers, and how great it was to talk with Mr. Kastner to remember my first dealings with him and Carl Swanson when I first started racing our 6. I was especially relieved that he didn't chastise me for so blatantly copying his paint scheme. Hopefully he knows its because of the spell it put on me when I first saw Carl driving it at Phoenix international in early 70's! It was also great to see all the Mueller pictures and meeting John and his mom. Lee was also a big influence in my early SCCA days and lent a hand several times at Riverside, Holtville and anywhere else where he saw we could use some friendly advice. He was a true racer's racer. Also high on the list of  true racers there was Joe Huffaker. If there is a nicer guy on the planet, I don't know who he could possibly be. I raced with him for years in SCCA, and he has always been not only the consummate racer, but all round good guy.  I want to say in closing  we had a great time and just want to thank everyone who made it possible. We look forward to making it to more events.  Rod and Dale Kent
------=_Part_16753_2015238215.1557374784535
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
    <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">
</head><body><p>Hi, I just wanted to express our gratitude to the FOT peopl=
e who are charged with making the location choices for the cup. I don&#39;t=
 know if we would have ventured back east for our initial kc event, so the =
west coast race made it easy for us being from phoenix. I am afraid we are =
hooked now and will indeed make some long tows. It was an absolute pleasure=
 meeting so many tr racers, and how great it was to talk with Mr. Kastner t=
o remember my first dealings with him and Carl Swanson when I first started=
 racing our 6. I was especially relieved that he didn&#39;t chastise me for=
 so blatantly copying his paint scheme. Hopefully he knows its because of t=
he spell it put on me when I first saw Carl driving it at Phoenix internati=
onal in early 70&#39;s! It was also great to see all the Mueller pictures a=
nd meeting John and his mom. Lee was also a big influence in my early SCCA =
days and lent a hand several times at Riverside, Holtville and anywhere els=
e where he saw we could use some friendly advice. He was a true racer&#39;s=
 racer. Also high on the list of&#160; true racers there was Joe Huffaker. =
If there is a nicer guy on the planet, I don&#39;t know who he could possib=
ly be. I raced with him for years in SCCA, and he has always been not only =
the consummate racer, but all round good guy.&#160; I want to say in closin=
g&#160; we had a great time and just want to thank everyone who made it pos=
sible. We look forward to making it to more events.&#160; Rod and Dale Kent=
</p></body></html>
=20
------=_Part_16753_2015238215.1557374784535--

--===============7654543944461349269==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============7654543944461349269==--