Subject: Re: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded tires???

From: DPPI - Mark Craig via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 +0000

--===============0857086709925129144==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_008_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_";
	type="multipart/alternative"

--_008_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_
	boundary="_000_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_"

--_000_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_--

--_008_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_
Content-Description: image001.png
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image001.png"; size=13118;
	creation-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_
Content-Description: image002.jpg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image002.jpg"; size=2153;
	creation-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_
Content-Description: image003.jpg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image003.jpg"; size=2472;
	creation-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_
Content-Description: image004.jpg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image004.jpg"; size=3083;
	creation-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_
Content-Description: image005.jpg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image005.jpg"; size=2784;
	creation-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT";
	modification-date="Thu, 23 May 2019 13:22:23 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_008_81c3e5a07bf14411b9b077db59c84b3bdieselperformancepartsc_--

--===============0857086709925129144==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============0857086709925129144==--

---

From: Rich rock via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 13:27:50 +0000

--===============8237251630408938618==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BL0PR16MB24842F09EF6D8E2D673E106DC6010BL0PR16MB2484namp_"

--_000_BL0PR16MB24842F09EF6D8E2D673E106DC6010BL0PR16MB2484namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

________________________________
From: Fot <[email-masked]> on behalf of Mike Jackson via Fot <f=
[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:12:34 AM
To: fubog1; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded tires???

Yes, it was me (English teacher wife says it should be Yes, it was I) with =
my vintage TR3 in the  SCCA race last weekend at Palm Beach International R=
aceway.  Here is a link to us on the grid for the race
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/kixjcx4ubusmbtf/on%20the%20grid.jpg?dl=3D0  And =
yes, it was on Hoosier Vintage tires.

I'm a 31 year member of SCCA and I've held a National license for all those=
 years but had NEVER been in an actual classed race with any car meeting th=
e requirements of a class.  I'd long held a desire to do so before I retire=
d from racing but I'm too cheap to rent a modern race car.

It had been a while since I'd driven my beautiful and well prepared TR3 (th=
anks to Glen Efinger!) and reviewing the upcoming options to do so, most in=
terfered with family travel plans for the summer.  So, since this event was=
 essentially in my back yard.....6 miles from my driveway.....it was the pe=
rfect opportunity.  For the previous month I sucked up to the Chief of Tech=
 and the Race Chairman to let the things that prevented my car from being f=
ully EP legal slide for this one time.  That worked well and we slid thru r=
egistration and tech with not a flinch.

The next opportunity for it to go bad was on the grid.  But, as you can see=
 in the pic, there I was next to a fully prepared Spitfire driven by my fri=
end and team mate Tim Slater.  Then, I hold my breath for the first couple =
of laps wondering if the stewards (SCCA has a ton of them at every event) w=
ould have me black flagged.  They did not.

Here's the bottom line - there must be something to those flares/slicks/fan=
cy suspension/fancy brakes/after market transmissions and on and on.  Tim's=
 yellow Spit quickly became a dot ahead of me in spite of my lap times bein=
g in the range of what I can turn on this same track in a vintage race.   F=
or a while I was able to hold off the VW that was running last.  But, even =
that didnt work for the entire 15 lap race and my 30+ year friend and I eve=
ntually finished dead f&^ing last.  Oh, well.

But, I have now checked off one more item from the list of things I'd like =
to achieve.

Mike
Subject: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded tires???

I don't have any details, (I know nuthink!), but scuttlebutt is that a cert=
ain Vintage driver (name withheld to avoid possible embarrassment) showed u=
p with a Vintage TR-3 racecar with Vintage treaded tires on it, down at PBI=
R this past weekend... but... the problem was that it was a SCCA SAARC Regi=
onal race, no Vintage class.
Not to be deterred by that minor detail, a couple pieces of white paper and=
 a home printer produced a very nice "EP"... and it was "off to the races" =
for our intrepid Vintage race...

Glen

--_000_BL0PR16MB24842F09EF6D8E2D673E106DC6010BL0PR16MB2484namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<meta content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">
<style type=3D"text/css">
<!--
div
	{margin:0px}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"direction:ltr; margin:0; padding:0; font-family:=
sans-serif; font-size:11pt; color:black">
&nbsp; </div>
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" co=
lor=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Fot &lt;fot-bounces@a=
utox.team.net&gt; on behalf of Mike Jackson via Fot &lt;[email-masked]&=
gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:12:34 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> fubog1; [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded tires???</fo=
nt>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div style=3D"font-size:16px; color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:arial,sans-seri=
f">Yes, it was me (English teacher wife says it should be Yes, it was I) wi=
th my vintage TR3 in the&nbsp; SCCA race last weekend at Palm Beach Interna=
tional Raceway.&nbsp; Here is a link to us on
 the grid for the race
<div>&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://www.dropbox.com/s/kixjcx4ubusmbtf/on%20the%20=
grid.jpg?dl=3D0">https://www.dropbox.com/s/kixjcx4ubusmbtf/on%20the%20grid.=
jpg?dl=3D0</a>&nbsp; And yes, it was on Hoosier Vintage tires.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>I'm a 31 year member of SCCA and I've held a National license for all =
those years but had NEVER been in an actual classed race with any car meeti=
ng the requirements of a class.&nbsp; I'd long held a desire to do so befor=
e I retired from racing but I'm too cheap
 to rent a modern race car.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>It had been a while since I'd driven my beautiful and well prepared TR=
3 (thanks to Glen Efinger!) and reviewing the upcoming options to do so, mo=
st interfered with family travel plans for the summer.&nbsp; So, since this=
 event was essentially in my back yard.....6
 miles from my driveway.....it was the perfect opportunity.&nbsp; For the p=
revious month I sucked up to the Chief of Tech and the Race Chairman to let=
 the things that prevented my car from being fully EP legal slide for this =
one time.&nbsp; That worked well and we slid
 thru registration and tech with not a flinch.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The next opportunity for it to go bad was on the grid.&nbsp; But, as y=
ou can see in the pic, there I was next to a fully prepared Spitfire driven=
 by my friend and team mate Tim Slater.&nbsp; Then, I hold my breath for th=
e first couple of laps wondering if the stewards
 (SCCA has a ton of them at every event) would have me black flagged.&nbsp;=
 They did not.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Here's the bottom line - there must be something to those flares/slick=
s/fancy suspension/fancy brakes/after market transmissions and on and on.&n=
bsp; Tim's yellow Spit quickly became a dot ahead of me in spite of my lap =
times being in the range of what I can
 turn on this same track in a vintage race.&nbsp; &nbsp;For a while I was a=
ble to hold off the VW that was running last.&nbsp; But, even that didnt wo=
rk for the entire 15 lap race and my 30&#43; year friend and I eventually f=
inished dead f&amp;^ing last.&nbsp; Oh, well.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>But, I have now checked off one more item from the list of things I'd =
like to achieve.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Mike</div>
<div>
<blockquote style=3D"padding-left:5px; margin-left:0px; border-left:#0000ff=
 2px solid; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; fo=
nt-size:10pt; font-family:arial,sans-serif; color:black">
Subject: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded tires??? <br>
<br>
<div style=3D"color:black; font:10pt Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
<div><font size=3D"2">I don't have any details, (I know nuthink!), but scut=
tlebutt is that a certain Vintage driver (name withheld to avoid possible e=
mbarrassment) showed up with a Vintage TR-3 racecar with Vintage treaded ti=
res on it, down at PBIR this past
 weekend... but... the problem was that it was a SCCA SAARC Regional race, =
no Vintage class.</font></div>
<div><font size=3D"2">Not to be deterred by that minor detail, a couple pie=
ces of white paper and a home printer produced a very nice &quot;EP&quot;..=
. and it was &quot;off to the races&quot; for our intrepid Vintage race...<=
br>
</font></div>
<div><font size=3D"2"><br>
</font></div>
<div><font size=3D"2">Glen<br>
</font></div>
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BL0PR16MB24842F09EF6D8E2D673E106DC6010BL0PR16MB2484namp_--

--===============8237251630408938618==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8237251630408938618==--

---

From: Jerry Van Vlack via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 09:31:20 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6474718074018430050==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_06C8_01D5114A.47DD3870"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_06C8_01D5114A.47DD3870
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Bill Emory is smiling down on you Mike. For those of you who =
don=E2=80=99t know who Bill Emory is / was; I=E2=80=99ll tell you a bit =
about him. He was a member of the Steel Cities SCCA and raced a TR3 for =
more than 40 years mostly at Nelson Ledges in Ohio but at other regional =
tracks as well. I first met Bill in 1969 while crewing for a friend who =
raced a TR4. There were parts on his car from Donna Mae Mimms pink TR3 =
which I believe Tim at Grassroots has as well as Bill=E2=80=99s TR3. =
Somewhere there is an article about Bill in one of the Steel Cities =
newsletters who at one point honored him for his racing legend. Maybe =
someone has a link to that article. So Mike good for you to honor those =
who went before you, Bill was one of many TR3 SCCA racers.

From: Mike Jackson via Fot=20
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:12 AM
To: fubog1 ; [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded tires???

Yes, it was me (English teacher wife says it should be Yes, it was I) =
with my vintage TR3 in the  SCCA race last weekend at Palm Beach =
International Raceway.  Here is a link to us on the grid for the race=20
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/kixjcx4ubusmbtf/on%20the%20grid.jpg?dl=3D0  =
And yes, it was on Hoosier Vintage tires.

I'm a 31 year member of SCCA and I've held a National license for all =
those years but had NEVER been in an actual classed race with any car =
meeting the requirements of a class.  I'd long held a desire to do so =
before I retired from racing but I'm too cheap to rent a modern race =
car.

It had been a while since I'd driven my beautiful and well prepared TR3 =
(thanks to Glen Efinger!) and reviewing the upcoming options to do so, =
most interfered with family travel plans for the summer.  So, since this =
event was essentially in my back yard.....6 miles from my =
driveway.....it was the perfect opportunity.  For the previous month I =
sucked up to the Chief of Tech and the Race Chairman to let the things =
that prevented my car from being fully EP legal slide for this one time. =
 That worked well and we slid thru registration and tech with not a =
flinch.

The next opportunity for it to go bad was on the grid.  But, as you can =
see in the pic, there I was next to a fully prepared Spitfire driven by =
my friend and team mate Tim Slater.  Then, I hold my breath for the =
first couple of laps wondering if the stewards (SCCA has a ton of them =
at every event) would have me black flagged.  They did not.

Here's the bottom line - there must be something to those =
flares/slicks/fancy suspension/fancy brakes/after market transmissions =
and on and on.  Tim's yellow Spit quickly became a dot ahead of me in =
spite of my lap times being in the range of what I can turn on this same =
track in a vintage race.   For a while I was able to hold off the VW =
that was running last.  But, even that didnt work for the entire 15 lap =
race and my 30+ year friend and I eventually finished dead f&^ing last.  =
Oh, well.

But, I have now checked off one more item from the list of things I'd =
like to achieve. =20

Mike
  Subject: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded tires???=20

  I don't have any details, (I know nuthink!), but scuttlebutt is that a =
certain Vintage driver (name withheld to avoid possible embarrassment) =
showed up with a Vintage TR-3 racecar with Vintage treaded tires on it, =
down at PBIR this past weekend... but... the problem was that it was a =
SCCA SAARC Regional race, no Vintage class.
  Not to be deterred by that minor detail, a couple pieces of white =
paper and a home printer produced a very nice "EP"... and it was "off to =
the races" for our intrepid Vintage race...

  Glen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_06C8_01D5114A.47DD3870
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE type=3Dtext/css><!-- DIV {margin:0px;} --></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Bill Emory is smiling down on you Mike. For those of you who =
don=E2=80=99t know who=20
Bill Emory is / was; I=E2=80=99ll tell you a bit about him. He was a =
member of the Steel=20
Cities SCCA and raced a TR3 for more than 40 years mostly at Nelson =
Ledges in=20
Ohio but at other regional tracks as well. I first met Bill in 1969 =
while=20
crewing for a friend who raced a TR4. There were parts on his car from =
Donna Mae=20
Mimms pink TR3 which I believe Tim at Grassroots has as well as =
Bill=E2=80=99s TR3.=20
Somewhere there is an article about Bill in one of the Steel Cities =
newsletters=20
who at one point honored him for his racing legend. Maybe someone has a =
link to=20
that article. So Mike good for you to honor those who went before you, =
Bill was=20
one of many TR3 SCCA racers.</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]>Mike=20
Jackson via Fot</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:12 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]>fubog1</A> ; <A=20
title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded=20
tires???</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: arial, sans-serif; COLOR: =
rgb(0,0,0)">Yes,=20
it was me (English teacher wife says it should be Yes, it was I) with my =
vintage=20
TR3 in the&nbsp; SCCA race last weekend at Palm Beach International=20
Raceway.&nbsp; Here is a link to us on the grid for the race=20
<DIV>&nbsp;<A=20
href=3D"https://www.dropbox.com/s/kixjcx4ubusmbtf/on%20the%20grid.jpg?dl=3D=
0">https://www.dropbox.com/s/kixjcx4ubusmbtf/on%20the%20grid.jpg?dl=3D0</=
A>&nbsp;=20
And yes, it was on Hoosier Vintage tires.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm a 31 year member of SCCA and I've held a National license for =
all those=20
years but had NEVER been in an actual classed race with any car meeting =
the=20
requirements of a class.&nbsp; I'd long held a desire to do so before I =
retired=20
from racing but I'm too cheap to rent a modern race car.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It had been a while since I'd driven my beautiful and well prepared =
TR3=20
(thanks to Glen Efinger!) and reviewing the upcoming options to do so, =
most=20
interfered with family travel plans for the summer.&nbsp; So, since this =
event=20
was essentially in my back yard.....6 miles from my driveway.....it was =
the=20
perfect opportunity.&nbsp; For the previous month I sucked up to the =
Chief of=20
Tech and the Race Chairman to let the things that prevented my car from =
being=20
fully EP legal slide for this one time.&nbsp; That worked well and we =
slid thru=20
registration and tech with not a flinch.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The next opportunity for it to go bad was on the grid.&nbsp; But, =
as you=20
can see in the pic, there I was next to a fully prepared Spitfire driven =
by my=20
friend and team mate Tim Slater.&nbsp; Then, I hold my breath for the =
first=20
couple of laps wondering if the stewards (SCCA has a ton of them at =
every event)=20
would have me black flagged.&nbsp; They did not.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here's the bottom line - there must be something to those=20
flares/slicks/fancy suspension/fancy brakes/after market transmissions =
and on=20
and on.&nbsp; Tim's yellow Spit quickly became a dot ahead of me in =
spite of my=20
lap times being in the range of what I can turn on this same track in a =
vintage=20
race.&nbsp;&nbsp; For a while I was able to hold off the VW that was =
running=20
last.&nbsp; But, even that didnt work for the entire 15 lap race and my =
30+ year=20
friend and I eventually finished dead f&amp;^ing last.&nbsp; Oh, =
well.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But, I have now checked off one more item from the list of things =
I'd like=20
to achieve.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mike</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
arial,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid"><FOT=20
  @AUTOX.TEAM.NET>Subject: [Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded =
tires???=20
  <BR><BR>
  <DIV style=3D"COLOR: black; FONT: 10pt arial, helvetica, sans-serif">
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I don't have any details, (I know nuthink!), but =
scuttlebutt=20
  is that a certain Vintage driver (name withheld to avoid possible=20
  embarrassment) showed up with a Vintage TR-3 racecar with Vintage =
treaded=20
  tires on it, down at PBIR this past weekend... but... the problem was =
that it=20
  was a SCCA SAARC Regional race, no Vintage class.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Not to be deterred by that minor detail, a couple =
pieces of=20
  white paper and a home printer produced a very nice "EP"... and it was =
"off to=20
  the races" for our intrepid Vintage race...<BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT=20
size=3D2>Glen<BR></FONT></DIV></DIV></[email-masked]></BLOCKQUOTE></D=
IV></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>[email-masked]<BR>=
<BR>http://www.fot-racing.com<BR><BR>Donate:=20
http://autox.team.net/archive=20
http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<BR><BR><=
BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_06C8_01D5114A.47DD3870--

--===============6474718074018430050==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6474718074018430050==--