Subject: [Fot] A proud member of ???

From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 18:54:49 -0600

SO in furtherance of getting Killer back on track, I should probably 
join up with some vintage racing group.  RMVR in Colorado seems like my 
best bet, based on proximity.  Was a member many years ago, back in the 
day of the street races in Avon and Steamboat.  Would VARA be worth my 
trouble?  Any others?

There used to a group here in Utah, Intermountain Vintage Racing.  It 
was a rather hodge podge of a few random folks, did some hill climbs and 
ran "road" races out at the old Wendover airport.  The "track" was 
basically a mile long autocross, cone lined run around the worst of the 
broken concrete and potholes of the old airfield.  The fellow who ran it 
back then got tired of the amount of energy, time and money it was 
costing him to keep it alive, and kind of burned out on racing and 
sports cars altogether.  At least there's a real race track in the area 
now, but as far as I know no one else has stepped up to revive or 
replace IVR in Utah.  Too bad.

mjb.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]