Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup Travel Information

From: Kenneth Knight via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 08:03:33 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7057001912435788618==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0047_01D4F42A.E564A890"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D4F42A.E564A890
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Good Morning All;

To update you all on some travel details;

1.        When you get to Buttonwillow Raceway there will be a $10.00 per
person track charge.  This money goes to the track and not VARA.  You will
get a wrist band for the weekend.

2.       The "Buttonwillow" exit is 10 miles south of the track and there is
food, lodging and gas at this exit.  The motels are modest but the VARA
hotel (Motel 6) is very decent.  Other hotels are nicer (more expensive) but
a fair distance from the track.

3.       Towing in California.  If you are coming from another state CA has
a 55 mph limit on vehicles towing.  I will not comment on how dumb this is.
This law is usually not ticketed in my experience if you are driving in the
60-65 mph range.  However, be alert and don't be the rabbit.  I run my radar
detector in my RV and just lift when alerted.

4.       Radar Trap;  Those of you coming from the east ( Barstow) through
Mojave on CA-58 beware.  From Boron to the Tehachapi grade the locale CHP
runs a very lucrative radar trap.  There are miles of a great divided
freeway around Mojave and they love to sit in the shadows and nail folks
going 66 mph, or 56 mph if you are towing.  This is a high wind area so be
careful, you will note the 1,000 windmills on the hills and get the picture.

5.       There is 10 miles of construction on CA-58 near the junction of
US-395 (Kramer Junction) between Barstow and Mojave.  They are bypassing
this junction and all the new roads and bridges are going in.  It will not
be done so it is one lane each way and a stop light at CA-58 & US-395 so it
can be slow.  North of this area is a very nice rest stop near Boron and
this is the last rest area before Buttonwillow.

6.       I-5;  The run to the track from LA on I-5 is on one of the most
congested freeways in CA.  The truck traffic is very heavy and I-5 runs
through the mountains with vicious cross winds.  When you get to Frazier
Park you are about to descend into the Central Valley down the Grapevine.
This is very steep, track traffic is heavy and there will be trucks in the
right lane going 10 mph.  Two years ago one of our VARA guys on I-5 had a
wheel banging incident with an 18 wheel bulk oil hauler that resulted in a
jackknifed truck and him trying to stay off the median wall with his race
rig.  His trailer stayed upright but was destroyed and bulk hauler was on
it's side.  No one was hurt but the road was closed for hours!  The most
dangerous thing you do all weekend will driving to and from the track.

That is all for today, everyone have a safe journey.

Ken

Race Chair

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D4F42A.E564A890
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0in;
	margin-right:0in;
	margin-bottom:0in;
	margin-left:.5in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:1560046215;
	mso-list-type:hybrid;
	mso-list-template-ids:1957304366 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 =
67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level2
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level3
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level4
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level5
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level6
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level7
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level8
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level9
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Good =
Morning All;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>To update you all on some travel =
details;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>1.<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>&nbsp;When you get to Buttonwillow Raceway there =
will be a $10.00 per person track charge.&nbsp; This money goes to the =
track and not VARA.&nbsp; You will get a wrist band for the =
weekend.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>2.<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span><![endif]>The =
&#8220;Buttonwillow&#8221; exit is 10 miles south of the track and there =
is food, lodging and gas at this exit.&nbsp; The motels are modest but =
the VARA hotel (Motel 6) is very decent.&nbsp; Other hotels are nicer =
(more expensive) but a fair distance from the track.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>3.<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>Towing in California.&nbsp; If you are coming =
from another state CA has a 55 mph limit on vehicles towing.&nbsp; I =
will not comment on how dumb this is.&nbsp; This law is usually not =
ticketed in my experience if you are driving in the 60-65 mph =
range.&nbsp; However, be alert and don&#8217;t be the rabbit.&nbsp; I =
run my radar detector in my RV and just lift when =
alerted.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-left:.25in'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>4.<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>Radar Trap;&nbsp; Those of you coming from the =
east ( Barstow) through Mojave on CA-58 beware.&nbsp; From Boron to the =
Tehachapi grade the locale CHP runs a very lucrative radar trap.&nbsp; =
There are miles of a great divided freeway around Mojave and they love =
to sit in the shadows and nail folks going 66 mph, or 56 mph if you are =
towing.&nbsp; This is a high wind area so be careful, you will note the =
1,000 windmills on the hills and get the picture.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-top:12.0pt;text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>5.<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>There is 10 miles of construction on CA-58 near =
the junction of US-395 (Kramer Junction) between Barstow and =
Mojave.&nbsp; They are bypassing this junction and all the new roads and =
bridges are going in.&nbsp; It will not be done so it is one lane each =
way and a stop light at CA-58 &amp; US-395 so it can be slow.&nbsp; =
North of this area is a very nice rest stop near Boron and this is the =
last rest area before Buttonwillow.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-top:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'text-indent:-.25in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>6.<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>I-5;&nbsp; The run to the track from LA on I-5 =
is on one of the most congested freeways in CA.&nbsp; The truck traffic =
is very heavy and I-5 runs through the mountains with vicious cross =
winds.&nbsp; When you get to Frazier Park you are about to descend into =
the Central Valley down the Grapevine.&nbsp; This is very steep, track =
traffic is heavy and there will be trucks in the right lane going 10 =
mph.&nbsp; Two years ago one of our VARA guys on I-5 had a wheel banging =
incident with an 18 wheel bulk oil hauler that resulted in a jackknifed =
truck and him trying to stay off the median wall with his race =
rig.&nbsp; His trailer stayed upright but was destroyed and bulk hauler =
was on it&#8217;s side.&nbsp; No one was hurt but the road was closed =
for hours!&nbsp; The most dangerous thing you do all weekend will =
driving to and from the track.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>That =
is all for today, everyone have a safe journey.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ken<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Race =
Chair<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D4F42A.E564A890--

--===============7057001912435788618==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============7057001912435788618==--