Subject: Re: [Fot] VTR 2019

From: marty via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 01:49:57 +0000

--===============6350035078267748547==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_MWHPR0101MB303971909692E9CC3B5A614DBAC20MWHPR0101MB3039_"

--_000_MWHPR0101MB303971909692E9CC3B5A614DBAC20MWHPR0101MB3039_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hmmm. How far is COTA from where VTR is taking place?  I would have to find=
 someplace to park a 48' toy hauler at VTR. Same trailer would have to find=
 room at the VTR autocross so I could run.  It does get me thinking though.

Marty
________________________________
From: Fot <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bob Kramer via Fot <fot=
@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 1:14 PM
To: Fot
Subject: [Fot] VTR 2019

Friends

Way back in 1989 I ran across another TR6 in the parking lot of a local aut=
o parts store and the ensuing conversation led to the formation of the Hill=
 Country Triumph Club. The next year we began holding an All British Car Da=
y as an annual event to meet the Vintage Triumph Register requirement of an=
 annual "feature" event. I've had better ideas, but not many have lasted th=
is long. The event is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated committee.

Every 4 years our club rotated responsibility for the "Texas" VTR Regional,=
 but the Oklahoma clubs have helped us spread that out to every 6 years.  E=
arly on I was a regular attendee of the VTR Nationals years and competing i=
n the autocross on course at Roebling Road in 1991 planted the seed for my =
racing addiction. Attending these events helped me to decide early on that =
the HCTC should stay away from the idea of ever hosting the VTR National. O=
ur club membership was young and busy with life, Austin was too far south, =
our club wasn't big enough and most of all I didn't want that type of respo=
nsibility to take over my life.

Years have passed, our members have aged, some are even retired, Austin is =
on the bucket list of place to go see for a lot of people and our club is m=
uch larger now. I've moved further away from downtown and I don't make it t=
o many meetings so I wasn't there to talk them out of it when the HCTC agre=
ed to host the 2019 VTR Nationals. It will be held in nearby Dripping Sprin=
gs from October 6 through 9th of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal transplant=
ed Texan, I am required to say, "you'all come."

But that is not why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formula 1 =
event at Circuit of the Americas. The date for this event in 2019 has force=
d the SVRA to move their Vintage National event at Circuit of the Americas =
to the weekend before the VTR National. That's right, the SVRA Vintage Nati=
onals will be held October 3-6 and the VTR Nationals October 6-9. In a year=
 where the Kastner Cup is in California, and the SVRA is giving free regist=
ration,  to Triumph racecars for the Watkins Glen event a month earlier, th=
e thought of asking how many Triumphs might want to tow to Texas, with no f=
ree registration, just to put on a good show for the 200 or so attendees of=
 the VTR National is the last thing I thought I would be doing, but here I =
am doing just that.

The VTR National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event. The =
track, while fun to race is not a likely candidate for a future Kastner Cup=
 because it is a modern facility. This may be the most common sense time fo=
r us to have a get together at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we can=
 integrate the track event into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday kic=
k-off party at the track.

So I have to ask, who would want to do this?

Bob Kramer

--_000_MWHPR0101MB303971909692E9CC3B5A614DBAC20MWHPR0101MB3039_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; f=
ont-size:12pt">
Hmmm. How far is COTA from where VTR is taking place?&nbsp; I would have to=
 find someplace to park a 48' toy hauler at VTR. Same trailer would have to=
 find room at the VTR autocross so I could run.&nbsp; It does get me thinki=
ng though.</div>
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; f=
ont-size:12pt">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; f=
ont-size:12pt">
Marty</div>
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; f=
ont-size:12pt">
</div>
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Calib=
ri, sans-serif" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Fot &lt;fot-bounces@a=
utox.team.net&gt; on behalf of Bob Kramer via Fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt=
;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 12, 2018 1:14 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Fot<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Fot] VTR 2019</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">Friends
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Way back in 1989 I ran across another&nbsp;TR6 in the&nbsp;parking lot=
 of a local auto parts store and the ensuing conversation led to the format=
ion of the Hill Country Triumph Club. The next year we began holding an All=
 British Car Day as an annual event to meet
 the Vintage Triumph Register requirement of an annual &quot;feature&quot; =
event. I've had better ideas, but not many have lasted this long. The event=
 is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated committee.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Every 4 years our club rotated responsibility for the &quot;Texas&quot=
; VTR Regional, but the Oklahoma&nbsp;clubs have helped us spread that out =
to every 6 years.&nbsp; Early on I was a regular attendee of the VTR Nation=
als years and competing in the&nbsp;autocross on course at
 Roebling Road in 1991 planted the seed for my racing addiction. Attending =
these events helped me to decide early on that the HCTC should stay away fr=
om the idea of ever hosting the VTR National. Our club membership was young=
 and busy with life, Austin was
 too far south, our club wasn't big enough and most of all I didn't want th=
at type of responsibility to take over my life.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Years have passed, our members have aged, some are even retired, Austi=
n is on the bucket list of place to go see for a lot of people and our club=
 is much larger now. I've moved further away from downtown and I don't make=
 it to many meetings so I wasn't
 there to talk them out of it when the HCTC agreed to host the 2019 VTR Nat=
ionals. It will be held in nearby Dripping Springs from October 6 through 9=
th of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal transplanted Texan, I am required to =
say, &quot;you'all&nbsp;come.&quot;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>But that is not why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formu=
la 1 event at Circuit of the Americas. The date for this&nbsp;event in 2019=
 has forced the SVRA to move their&nbsp;Vintage National event at Circuit o=
f the Americas to the weekend before the VTR
 National. That's right, the SVRA Vintage Nationals will be held October 3-=
6 and the VTR Nationals October 6-9. In a year where the Kastner Cup is in =
California, and the SVRA is giving free registration,&nbsp; to Triumph race=
cars&nbsp;for the Watkins Glen event a month
 earlier, the thought of asking how many Triumphs&nbsp;might want to tow to=
 Texas, with no free registration, just to put on a good show for the 200 o=
r so attendees of the VTR National is the last thing I thought I would be d=
oing, but here I am doing just that.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The VTR National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event.=
 The track, while fun to race is not a likely candidate&nbsp;for a future K=
astner&nbsp;Cup because it is a modern facility. This may be the most commo=
n sense time for us to have a get together
 at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we can integrate the track event =
into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday kick-off party at the track.&n=
bsp;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>So I have to ask, who would want to do this?</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div class=3D"x_gmail_signature" dir=3D"ltr">
<div dir=3D"ltr">Bob Kramer</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_MWHPR0101MB303971909692E9CC3B5A614DBAC20MWHPR0101MB3039_--

--===============6350035078267748547==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============6350035078267748547==--

---

From: Greg Blake via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 20:05:56 -0600

Even though I am not a SVRA regular, I’ll put this on the list for next year. 

Greg
Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 12, 2018, at 12:14 PM, Bob Kramer via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Friends
> 
> Way back in 1989 I ran across another TR6 in the parking lot of a local auto parts store and the ensuing conversation led to the formation of the Hill Country Triumph Club. The next year we began holding an All British Car Day as an annual event to meet the Vintage Triumph Register requirement of an annual "feature" event. I've had better ideas, but not many have lasted this long. The event is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated committee.
> 
> Every 4 years our club rotated responsibility for the "Texas" VTR Regional, but the Oklahoma clubs have helped us spread that out to every 6 years.  Early on I was a regular attendee of the VTR Nationals years and competing in the autocross on course at Roebling Road in 1991 planted the seed for my racing addiction. Attending these events helped me to decide early on that the HCTC should stay away from the idea of ever hosting the VTR National. Our club membership was young and busy with life, Austin was too far south, our club wasn't big enough and most of all I didn't want that type of responsibility to take over my life.
> 
> Years have passed, our members have aged, some are even retired, Austin is on the bucket list of place to go see for a lot of people and our club is much larger now. I've moved further away from downtown and I don't make it to many meetings so I wasn't there to talk them out of it when the HCTC agreed to host the 2019 VTR Nationals. It will be held in nearby Dripping Springs from October 6 through 9th of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal transplanted Texan, I am required to say, "you'all come."
> 
> But that is not why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formula 1 event at Circuit of the Americas. The date for this event in 2019 has forced the SVRA to move their Vintage National event at Circuit of the Americas to the weekend before the VTR National. That's right, the SVRA Vintage Nationals will be held October 3-6 and the VTR Nationals October 6-9. In a year where the Kastner Cup is in California, and the SVRA is giving free registration,  to Triumph racecars for the Watkins Glen event a month earlier, the thought of asking how many Triumphs might want to tow to Texas, with no free registration, just to put on a good show for the 200 or so attendees of the VTR National is the last thing I thought I would be doing, but here I am doing just that. 
> 
> The VTR National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event. The track, while fun to race is not a likely candidate for a future Kastner Cup because it is a modern facility. This may be the most common sense time for us to have a get together at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we can integrate the track event into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday kick-off party at the track. 
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Greg Blake via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:07:50 -0600

--===============5969975373596739180==
 boundary=Apple-Mail-A0F94C33-DFCC-4CFD-9801-3DAF4B0CB012
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-A0F94C33-DFCC-4CFD-9801-3DAF4B0CB012
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Pops lives in Dripping Springs, VTR host city. Takes him about 25-30 minutes=
 to get to COTA.=20

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 12, 2018, at 7:49 PM, marty via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Hmmm. How far is COTA from where VTR is taking place?  I would have to fin=
d someplace to park a 48' toy hauler at VTR. Same trailer would have to find=
 room at the VTR autocross so I could run.  It does get me thinking though.
>=20
> Marty
> From: Fot <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bob Kramer via Fot <fo=
[email-masked]>
> =20
>=20
> Way back in 1989 I ran across another TR6 in the parking lot of a local au=
to parts store and the ensuing conversation led to the formation of the Hill=
 Country Triumph Club. The next year we began holding an All British Car Day=
 as an annual event to meet the Vintage Triumph Register requirement of an a=
nnual "feature" event. I've had better ideas, but not many have lasted this l=
ong. The event is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated committee.
>=20
> Every 4 years our club rotated responsibility for the "Texas" VTR Regional=
, but the Oklahoma clubs have helped us spread that out to every 6 years.  E=
arly on I was a regular attendee of the VTR Nationals years and competing in=
 the autocross on course at Roebling Road in 1991 planted the seed for my ra=
cing addiction. Attending these events helped me to decide early on that the=
 HCTC should stay away from the idea of ever hosting the VTR National. Our c=
lub membership was young and busy with life, Austin was too far south, our c=
lub wasn't big enough and most of all I didn't want that type of responsibil=
ity to take over my life.
>=20
> Years have passed, our members have aged, some are even retired, Austin is=
 on the bucket list of place to go see for a lot of people and our club is m=
uch larger now. I've moved further away from downtown and I don't make it to=
 many meetings so I wasn't there to talk them out of it when the HCTC agreed=
 to host the 2019 VTR Nationals. It will be held in nearby Dripping Springs f=
rom October 6 through 9th of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal transplanted Te=
xan, I am required to say, "you'all come."
>=20
> But that is not why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formula 1=
 event at Circuit of the Americas. The date for this event in 2019 has force=
d the SVRA to move their Vintage National event at Circuit of the Americas t=
o the weekend before the VTR National. That's right, the SVRA Vintage Nation=
als will be held October 3-6 and the VTR Nationals October 6-9. In a year wh=
ere the Kastner Cup is in California, and the SVRA is giving free registrati=
on,  to Triumph racecars for the Watkins Glen event a month earlier, the tho=
ught of asking how many Triumphs might want to tow to Texas, with no free re=
gistration, just to put on a good show for the 200 or so attendees of the VT=
R National is the last thing I thought I would be doing, but here I am doing=
 just that.=20
>=20
> The VTR National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event. The=
 track, while fun to race is not a likely candidate for a future Kastner Cup=
 because it is a modern facility. This may be the most common sense time for=
 us to have a get together at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we can i=
ntegrate the track event into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday kick-o=
ff party at the track.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/gblake58tr3@=
icloud.com
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail-A0F94C33-DFCC-4CFD-9801-3DAF4B0CB012
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto">Pops lives in Dripping Springs, VTR host city. Takes him about 25-30 minutes to get to COTA.&nbsp;<br><br><br><div id="AppleMailSignature" dir="ltr">Sent from my iPhone</div><div dir="ltr"><br>On Nov 12, 2018, at 7:49 PM, marty via Fot &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="ltr">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
Hmmm. How far is COTA from where VTR is taking place?&nbsp; I would have to find someplace to park a 48' toy hauler at VTR. Same trailer would have to find room at the VTR autocross so I could run.&nbsp; It does get me thinking though.</div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
<br>
</div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
Marty</div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0); font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
</div>
<hr tabindex="-1" style="display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font color="#000000" face="Calibri, sans-serif" style="font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Fot &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; on behalf of Bob Kramer via Fot &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 12, 2018 1:14 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Fot<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Fot] VTR 2019</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div dir="ltr">Friends
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Way back in 1989 I ran across another&nbsp;TR6 in the&nbsp;parking lot of a local auto parts store and the ensuing conversation led to the formation of the Hill Country Triumph Club. The next year we began holding an All British Car Day as an annual event to meet
 the Vintage Triumph Register requirement of an annual "feature" event. I've had better ideas, but not many have lasted this long. The event is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated committee.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Every 4 years our club rotated responsibility for the "Texas" VTR Regional, but the Oklahoma&nbsp;clubs have helped us spread that out to every 6 years.&nbsp; Early on I was a regular attendee of the VTR Nationals years and competing in the&nbsp;autocross on course at
 Roebling Road in 1991 planted the seed for my racing addiction. Attending these events helped me to decide early on that the HCTC should stay away from the idea of ever hosting the VTR National. Our club membership was young and busy with life, Austin was
 too far south, our club wasn't big enough and most of all I didn't want that type of responsibility to take over my life.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Years have passed, our members have aged, some are even retired, Austin is on the bucket list of place to go see for a lot of people and our club is much larger now. I've moved further away from downtown and I don't make it to many meetings so I wasn't
 there to talk them out of it when the HCTC agreed to host the 2019 VTR Nationals. It will be held in nearby Dripping Springs from October 6 through 9th of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal transplanted Texan, I am required to say, "you'all&nbsp;come."</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>But that is not why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formula 1 event at Circuit of the Americas. The date for this&nbsp;event in 2019 has forced the SVRA to move their&nbsp;Vintage National event at Circuit of the Americas to the weekend before the VTR
 National. That's right, the SVRA Vintage Nationals will be held October 3-6 and the VTR Nationals October 6-9. In a year where the Kastner Cup is in California, and the SVRA is giving free registration,&nbsp; to Triumph racecars&nbsp;for the Watkins Glen event a month
 earlier, the thought of asking how many Triumphs&nbsp;might want to tow to Texas, with no free registration, just to put on a good show for the 200 or so attendees of the VTR National is the last thing I thought I would be doing, but here I am doing just that.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The VTR National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event. The track, while fun to race is not a likely candidate&nbsp;for a future Kastner&nbsp;Cup because it is a modern facility. This may be the most common sense time for us to have a get together
 at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we can integrate the track event into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday kick-off party at the track.&nbsp;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>So I have to ask, who would want to do this?</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div class="x_gmail_signature" dir="ltr">
<div dir="ltr">Bob Kramer</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div dir="ltr"><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br><span><a href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-A0F94C33-DFCC-4CFD-9801-3DAF4B0CB012--

--===============5969975373596739180==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5969975373596739180==--

---

From: Bob Kramer via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 07:33:42 -0600

--===============6236626300566493928==

--000000000000e793ac057a8be6ac

It is going to be a busy weekend and week for me. I plan on running the
SVRA event and I am also responsible for the VTR autocross. It will be held
in Austin a little less than 20 miles from the host hotel, and COTA is
about the same distance from the autocross location. We can probably store
trailers at COTA after the SVRA event and tow them to the Tony
Burger Center for the autocross.

Bob Kramer

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 7:49 PM marty <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hmmm. How far is COTA from where VTR is taking place?  I would have to
> find someplace to park a 48' toy hauler at VTR. Same trailer would have to
> find room at the VTR autocross so I could run.  It does get me thinking
> though.
>
> Marty
> ------------------------------
> *From:* Fot <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bob Kramer via Fot <
> [email-masked]>
> *Sent:* Monday, November 12, 2018 1:14 PM
> *To:* Fot
> *Subject:* [Fot] VTR 2019
>
> Friends
>
> Way back in 1989 I ran across another TR6 in the parking lot of a local
> auto parts store and the ensuing conversation led to the formation of the
> Hill Country Triumph Club. The next year we began holding an All British
> Car Day as an annual event to meet the Vintage Triumph Register requirement
> of an annual "feature" event. I've had better ideas, but not many have
> lasted this long. The event is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated
> committee.
>
> Every 4 years our club rotated responsibility for the "Texas" VTR
> Regional, but the Oklahoma clubs have helped us spread that out to every 6
> years.  Early on I was a regular attendee of the VTR Nationals years and
> competing in the autocross on course at Roebling Road in 1991 planted the
> seed for my racing addiction. Attending these events helped me to decide
> early on that the HCTC should stay away from the idea of ever hosting the
> VTR National. Our club membership was young and busy with life, Austin was
> too far south, our club wasn't big enough and most of all I didn't want
> that type of responsibility to take over my life.
>
> Years have passed, our members have aged, some are even retired, Austin is
> on the bucket list of place to go see for a lot of people and our club is
> much larger now. I've moved further away from downtown and I don't make it
> to many meetings so I wasn't there to talk them out of it when the HCTC
> agreed to host the 2019 VTR Nationals. It will be held in nearby Dripping
> Springs from October 6 through 9th of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal
> transplanted Texan, I am required to say, "you'all come."
>
> But that is not why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formula 1
> event at Circuit of the Americas. The date for this event in 2019 has
> forced the SVRA to move their Vintage National event at Circuit of the
> Americas to the weekend before the VTR National. That's right, the SVRA
> Vintage Nationals will be held October 3-6 and the VTR Nationals October
> 6-9. In a year where the Kastner Cup is in California, and the SVRA is
> giving free registration,  to Triumph racecars for the Watkins Glen event a
> month earlier, the thought of asking how many Triumphs might want to tow to
> Texas, with no free registration, just to put on a good show for the 200 or
> so attendees of the VTR National is the last thing I thought I would be
> doing, but here I am doing just that.
>
> The VTR National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event. The
> track, while fun to race is not a likely candidate for a future Kastner Cup
> because it is a modern facility. This may be the most common sense time for
> us to have a get together at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we can
> integrate the track event into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday
> kick-off party at the track.
>

--000000000000e793ac057a8be6ac
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">It is going to be a busy weekend and week for me. I plan o=
n running the SVRA event and I am also responsible for the VTR autocross. I=
t will be held in Austin a little less than 20 miles from the=C2=A0host hot=
el, and COTA is about the same distance from the autocross location. We can=
 probably store trailers at COTA after the SVRA event and tow them to the T=
ony Burger=C2=A0Center for the=C2=A0autocross.=C2=A0<div><br clear=3D"all">=
<div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_sig=
nature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Bob Kramer</div></div></div><br></div></div><br><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 7:49 PM m=
arty &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:12pt">
Hmmm. How far is COTA from where VTR is taking place?=C2=A0 I would have to=
 find someplace to park a 48&#39; toy hauler at VTR. Same trailer would hav=
e to find room at the VTR autocross so I could run.=C2=A0 It does get me th=
inking though.</div>
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:12pt">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:12pt">
Marty</div>
<div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;fon=
t-size:12pt">
</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%">
<div id=3D"m_4503672990035522616divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font color=3D"#=
000000" face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> =
Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">fot=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; on behalf of Bob Kramer via Fot &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 12, 2018 1:14 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Fot<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Fot] VTR 2019</font>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
</div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">Friends
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Way back in 1989 I ran across another=C2=A0TR6 in the=C2=A0parking lot=
 of a local auto parts store and the ensuing conversation led to the format=
ion of the Hill Country Triumph Club. The next year we began holding an All=
 British Car Day as an annual event to meet
 the Vintage Triumph Register requirement of an annual &quot;feature&quot; =
event. I&#39;ve had better ideas, but not many have lasted this long. The e=
vent is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated committee.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Every 4 years our club rotated responsibility for the &quot;Texas&quot=
; VTR Regional, but the Oklahoma=C2=A0clubs have helped us spread that out =
to every 6 years.=C2=A0 Early on I was a regular attendee of the VTR Nation=
als years and competing in the=C2=A0autocross on course at
 Roebling Road in 1991 planted the seed for my racing addiction. Attending =
these events helped me to decide early on that the HCTC should stay away fr=
om the idea of ever hosting the VTR National. Our club membership was young=
 and busy with life, Austin was
 too far south, our club wasn&#39;t big enough and most of all I didn&#39;t=
 want that type of responsibility to take over my life.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Years have passed, our members have aged, some are even retired, Austi=
n is on the bucket list of place to go see for a lot of people and our club=
 is much larger now. I&#39;ve moved further away from downtown and I don&#3=
9;t make it to many meetings so I wasn&#39;t
 there to talk them out of it when the HCTC agreed to host the 2019 VTR Nat=
ionals. It will be held in nearby Dripping Springs from October 6 through 9=
th of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal transplanted Texan, I am required to =
say, &quot;you&#39;all=C2=A0come.&quot;</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>But that is not why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formu=
la 1 event at Circuit of the Americas. The date for this=C2=A0event in 2019=
 has forced the SVRA to move their=C2=A0Vintage National event at Circuit o=
f the Americas to the weekend before the VTR
 National. That&#39;s right, the SVRA Vintage Nationals will be held Octobe=
r 3-6 and the VTR Nationals October 6-9. In a year where the Kastner Cup is=
 in California, and the SVRA is giving free registration,=C2=A0 to Triumph =
racecars=C2=A0for the Watkins Glen event a month
 earlier, the thought of asking how many Triumphs=C2=A0might want to tow to=
 Texas, with no free registration, just to put on a good show for the 200 o=
r so attendees of the VTR National is the last thing I thought I would be d=
oing, but here I am doing just that.=C2=A0</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The VTR National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event.=
 The track, while fun to race is not a likely candidate=C2=A0for a future K=
astner=C2=A0Cup because it is a modern facility. This may be the most commo=
n sense time for us to have a get together
 at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we can integrate the track event =
into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday kick-off party at the track.=
=C2=A0</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>So I have to ask, who would want to do this?</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div class=3D"m_4503672990035522616x_gmail_signature" dir=3D"ltr">
<div dir=3D"ltr">Bob Kramer</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</blockquote></div>

--000000000000e793ac057a8be6ac--

--===============6236626300566493928==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6236626300566493928==--