Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2019 Update Information

From: Kenneth Knight via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 08:16:59 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3969062249859353195==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0004_01D45A28.4B6E52A0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D45A28.4B6E52A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Good Morning Racers;

The Kastner Cup race at Buttonwillow Raceway Park has been confirmed for May
4 & 5, 2019.

Details on the race and all of the activities will be coming soon as plans
are made.

Hotels;  There have been questions about accommodations in the area.  Not to
worry.  The track is at I-5 and the Lerdo Hwy (NW of Bakersfield, CA), what
is known as "Buttonwillow" is 10 miles south on I-5 where CA 58 crosses the
freeway.  At that location there are 4 very large travel hotels (easily +500
rooms) and four very decent places to eat, a Starbucks, fast food and plenty
of gas stations.  I will work with VARA and we will reserve a block of rooms
at a reduced rate for folks coming in for the K-Cup race.  This arrangement
is not available to us just yet.  The area is not a destination (except for
racers) so rooms will be available, not to worry.  While the rooms at
Buttonwillow are not 4/5 Star they are decent.  At a distance of 20-30 miles
from the track are more hotels of a higher rating.  

We are working on putting up a website for the event with all of this
information and maps.  So stay tuned for that information!

I know for those you who are working on coming to this event, this is a
commitment.  There will be places to stay and eat.  At this  point all you
need to do is figure out how to fit this into your schedule.  You don't want
to miss this event, it is going to be special.

Cheers to All

Ken Knight

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D45A28.4B6E52A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Good =
Morning Racers;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The Kastner =
Cup race at Buttonwillow Raceway Park has been confirmed for May 4 &amp; =
5, 2019.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Details on the race and all of the activities will be =
coming soon as plans are made.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hotels;&nbsp; There have been questions about =
accommodations in the area.&nbsp; Not to worry.&nbsp; The track is at =
I-5 and the Lerdo Hwy (NW of Bakersfield, CA), what is known as =
&#8220;Buttonwillow&#8221; is 10 miles south on I-5 where CA 58 crosses =
the freeway.&nbsp; At that location there are 4 very large travel hotels =
(easily +500 rooms) and four very decent places to eat, a Starbucks, =
fast food and plenty of gas stations.&nbsp; I will work with VARA and we =
will reserve a block of rooms at a reduced rate for folks coming in for =
the K-Cup race.&nbsp; This arrangement is not available to us just =
yet.&nbsp; The area is not a destination (except for racers) so rooms =
will be available, not to worry.&nbsp; While the rooms at Buttonwillow =
are not 4/5 Star they are decent.&nbsp; At a distance of 20-30 miles =
from the track are more hotels of a higher rating.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>We are working on putting up a website for the event =
with all of this information and maps.&nbsp; So stay tuned for that =
information!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I know for those you who are working on coming to this =
event, this is a commitment.&nbsp; There will be places to stay and =
eat.&nbsp; At this&nbsp; point all you need to do is figure out how to =
fit this into your schedule.&nbsp; You don&#8217;t want to miss this =
event, it is going to be special.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Cheers to =
All<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ken Knight<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D45A28.4B6E52A0--

--===============3969062249859353195==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============3969062249859353195==--