Subject: [Fot] Oktoberfest at Buttonwillow

From: Alan Berry via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 07:15:40 -0700

--===============1513034028055059315==

--000000000000353aa90577b8421f

Last weekend was VARA's last race at Buttonwillow before the British
Extravaganza next year featuring The Kastner Cup. Although there were only
75 or so cars competing the Triumph marque was well represented.

In the final Flag Race Sunday afternoon Brian Howlett from Hacienda Heights
was Superman in his TR-4, winning easily overall in a full field that had
two quick sports racers. The next Triumph that finished fourth overall
right behind the sports racers was Kevin Ayers from Moorpark in the quick
Joe Siam prepped Spitfire. Next was Alan Berry from Oceanside in the
previously Irv Korey owned TR-4. Jeff Sarpa in a TR-4 from Palm Springs
finished 13th after replacing his clutch Saturday afternoon. Richard
Grabowski from Laguna Beach and Eric Grootegoed from Arizona were both in
Spits and finished together 16th and 17th respectively.

Great weekend of socializing and racing for all. The track and facilities
continue to get better and better.

--000000000000353aa90577b8421f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Last weekend was VARA&#39;s last race at Buttonwillow bef=
ore the British Extravaganza next year featuring The Kastner Cup. Although =
there were only 75 or so cars competing the Triumph marque was well represe=
nted.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">In the final Flag Race S=
unday afternoon Brian Howlett from Hacienda Heights was Superman in his TR-=
4, winning easily overall in a full field that had two quick sports racers.=
 The next Triumph that finished fourth overall right behind the sports race=
rs was Kevin Ayers from Moorpark in the quick Joe Siam prepped Spitfire. Ne=
xt was Alan Berry from Oceanside in the previously Irv Korey owned TR-4. Je=
ff Sarpa in a TR-4 from Palm Springs finished 13th after replacing his clut=
ch Saturday afternoon. Richard Grabowski from Laguna Beach and Eric Grooteg=
oed from Arizona were both in Spits and finished together 16th and 17th res=
pectively.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Great weekend=
 of socializing and racing for all. The track and facilities continue to ge=
t better and better.=C2=A0</div></div>

--000000000000353aa90577b8421f--

--===============1513034028055059315==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============1513034028055059315==--