Subject: Re: [Fot] TRIUMPH triumphs...

From: yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 05:54:56 -0400

Remember, any story sounds even better with some good, old fashioned 
embellishment. But the timing sheet tells the tale, 5 Triumphs in the 
group (Including Vic's Ambro), all started and finished really well.

PS - Thanks to all my friends that helped with bonnet removal, fueling 
duties, canopy work, etc. Driving was not the problem, but Ole Blue 
would have needed power steering  for me to make one lap!

On 2018-09-12 14:11, Bill Dentinger via Fot wrote:
> Amici...
> 
> Henry Frye TR250, Scott Jensen GT6, Mike Moore TR4, John Styduhar
> TR3B, and Vic Schuster TR Ambro sure carried our flag admirably to
> finish 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th in a field of 32 entries in the
> Group FIVE (Medium Bore) VRG Race (Pittsburg).  Twenty-four cars took
> the green flag, in a mix also made up of angry Alfas, Astons, BMWs,
> Datsun, Loti, MGs, Porsche, Volvos, VWs, and even a lowly Pinto.
> 
> Special kudos to Henry Frey, a near cripple (recent arm surgery) at
> race time, who actually needed assistance getting out of the race car
> at the end of the race...due to his still sore wing.  While I heard he
> had a Handicapped Parking Pass displayed in his paddock, no assistance
> needed during the race.  As we all know, once that green flag drops,
> such stone in the road issues disappear.  His First Overall finish is
> especially impressive since two cars ran faster lap times.
> 
> Kudos to those Triumphs...One and All!
> 
> Bill Dentinger
> 
> PS Too bad Henry didn't choose to run Ole Blue.  He'd have probably
> lapped the field.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

---

From: John Styduhar via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:44:10 -0400

--===============1884107024321282681==

--0000000000002cdcbb0575c1bed3

Yes, a good TR representation including several racing Spitfires and a
small contingent of Western PA Triumph Assc. members as well.  But the only
"good" day of racing for me was Friday when the track was dry.   Rain all
day Saturday and the event cancelled Sunday due to the weather.  There was
some discussion about staging a TR/MG challenge in conjuction with this VRG
event similar to the Formula Ford/Formula V races during the weekend.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 3:47 AM Bill Dentinger via Fot <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Amici...
>
> Henry Frye TR250, Scott Jensen GT6, Mike Moore TR4, John Styduhar TR3B,
> and Vic Schuster TR Ambro sure carried our flag admirably to finish 1st,
> 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th in a field of 32 entries in the Group FIVE (Medium
> Bore) VRG Race (Pittsburg).  Twenty-four cars took the green flag, in a mix
> also made up of angry Alfas, Astons, BMWs, Datsun, Loti, MGs, Porsche,
> Volvos, VWs, and even a lowly Pinto.
>
> Special kudos to Henry Frey, a near cripple (recent arm surgery) at race
> time, who actually needed assistance getting out of the race car at the end
> of the race...due to his still sore wing.  While I heard he had a
> Handicapped Parking Pass displayed in his paddock, no assistance needed
> during the race.  As we all know, once that green flag drops, such stone in
> the road issues disappear.  His First Overall finish is especially
> impressive since two cars ran faster lap times.
>
> PS Too bad Henry didn't choose to run Ole Blue.  He'd have probably lapped
> the field.
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--0000000000002cdcbb0575c1bed3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Yes=
, a good TR representation including several racing Spitfires and a small c=
ontingent of Western PA Triumph Assc. members as well.=C2=A0 But the only &=
quot;good&quot; day of racing for me was Friday when the track was dry.=C2=
=A0 =C2=A0Rain all day Saturday and the event cancelled Sunday due to the w=
eather.=C2=A0 There was some discussion about staging a TR/MG challenge in =
conjuction with this VRG event similar to the Formula Ford/Formula V races =
during the weekend.=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-s=
ize:small"><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">=
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 3:47 AM Bill Dentinger via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquot=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol=
id;padding-left:1ex"><font color=3D"black" size=3D"2" face=3D"arial">
<div>Amici...</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Henry Frye TR250, Scott Jensen GT6, Mike Moore TR4, John Styduhar TR3B=
, and Vic Schuster TR Ambro sure carried our flag admirably to finish 1st, =
2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th in a field of 32 entries in the Group FIVE (Medium =
Bore) VRG Race (Pittsburg).=C2=A0 Twenty-four cars took the green flag, in =
a mix also made up of angry Alfas, Astons, BMWs, Datsun, Loti, MGs, Porsche=
, Volvos, VWs, and even a lowly Pinto.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Special kudos to Henry Frey, a near cripple (recent arm surgery) at ra=
ce time, who actually needed assistance getting out of the race car at the =
end of the race...due to his still sore wing.=C2=A0 While I heard he had a =
Handicapped Parking Pass displayed in his paddock, no assistance needed dur=
ing the race.=C2=A0 As we all know, once that green flag drops, such stone =
in the road issues disappear.=C2=A0 His First Overall finish is especially =
impressive since two cars ran faster lap times.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Kudos to those Triumphs...One and All!</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Bill Dentinger</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>PS Too bad Henry didn&#39;t choose to run Ole Blue.=C2=A0 He&#39;d hav=
e probably lapped the field.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>=C2=A0</div>
</font>_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]<=
/a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot" rel=3D"noreferrer" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.n=
et/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000002cdcbb0575c1bed3--

--===============1884107024321282681==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1884107024321282681==--

---

From: kkjjk--- via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 12:31:39 -0400

--===============0584344531180627010==
	boundary="----=_Part_156329_1368452749.1536856299044"

------=_Part_156329_1368452749.1536856299044
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Congrats to all the Triumph guys for the great showing!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Dentinger via Fot <[email-masked]>
To: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 3:42 am
Subject: [Fot] TRIUMPH triumphs...

Amici...

Henry Frye TR250, Scott Jensen GT6, Mike Moore TR4, John Styduhar TR3B, and Vic Schuster TR Ambro sure carried our flag admirably to finish 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th in a field of 32 entries in the Group FIVE (Medium Bore) VRG Race (Pittsburg).  Twenty-four cars took the green flag, in a mix also made up of angry Alfas, Astons, BMWs, Datsun, Loti, MGs, Porsche, Volvos, VWs, and even a lowly Pinto.

Special kudos to Henry Frey, a near cripple (recent arm surgery) at race time, who actually needed assistance getting out of the race car at the end of the race...due to his still sore wing.  While I heard he had a Handicapped Parking Pass displayed in his paddock, no assistance needed during the race.  As we all know, once that green flag drops, such stone in the road issues disappear.  His First Overall finish is especially impressive since two cars ran faster lap times.

Bill Dentinger

PS Too bad Henry didn't choose to run Ole Blue.  He'd have probably lapped the field.

------=_Part_156329_1368452749.1536856299044
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='2' face='arial'>Con<font size="2">grats to all the Triumph guys for the great showing!<br>
</font>
<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:helvetica,arial;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Bill Dentinger via Fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 3:42 am<br>
Subject: [Fot] TRIUMPH triumphs...<br>
<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_f28b165f-a0a7-4686-b06d-affc4458097d">

<div class="aolReplacedBody"><font size="2" face="arial" color="black">

<div>Amici...</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>Henry Frye TR250, Scott Jensen GT6, Mike Moore TR4, John Styduhar TR3B, and Vic Schuster TR Ambro sure carried our flag admirably to finish 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th in a field of 32 entries in the Group FIVE (Medium Bore) VRG Race (Pittsburg).&nbsp; Twenty-four cars took the green flag, in a mix also made up of angry Alfas, Astons, BMWs, Datsun, Loti, MGs, Porsche, Volvos, VWs, and even a lowly Pinto.</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>Special kudos to Henry Frey, a near cripple (recent arm surgery) at race time, who actually needed assistance getting out of the race car at the end of the race...due to his still sore wing.&nbsp; While I heard he had a Handicapped Parking Pass displayed in his paddock, no assistance needed during the race.&nbsp; As we all know, once that green flag drops, such stone in the road issues disappear.&nbsp; His First Overall finish is especially impressive since two cars ran faster lap times.</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>PS Too bad Henry didn't choose to run Ole Blue.&nbsp; He'd have probably lapped the field.</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</font></div>

</div>

_______________________________________________<br>
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.fot-racing.com" target="_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_156329_1368452749.1536856299044--

--===============0584344531180627010==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0584344531180627010==--

---

From: Scott Janzen via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 12:56:01 -0400

--===============1329192177937132626==
 boundary="Apple-Mail=_6A12FB7E-D6E5-47AB-8B81-06DB336EBE8F"

--Apple-Mail=_6A12FB7E-D6E5-47AB-8B81-06DB336EBE8F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Henry and I were having a great time - too bad it was just Friday, =
though four sessions, as the rain started Friday night, and Saturday and =
Sunday were really wet.  My GT6 is super twitchy in the wet, so I packed =
up and went home.
Be interesting to see if the cars are as well matched at Watkins Glen in =
a few weeks.

Scott Janzen
GT6

On Sep 13, 2018, at 5:54 AM, yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]> =
wrote:

Remember, any story sounds even better with some good, old fashioned =
embellishment. But the timing sheet tells the tale, 5 Triumphs in the =
group (Including Vic's Ambro), all started and finished really well.

PS - Thanks to all my friends that helped with bonnet removal, fueling =
duties, canopy work, etc. Driving was not the problem, but Ole Blue =
would have needed power steering  for me to make one lap!

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_6A12FB7E-D6E5-47AB-8B81-06DB336EBE8F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">Henry=
 and I were having a great time - too bad it was just Friday, though =
four sessions, as the rain started Friday night, and Saturday and Sunday =
were really wet. &nbsp;My GT6 is super twitchy in the wet, so I packed =
up and went home.<div class=3D"">Be interesting to see if the cars are =
as well matched at Watkins Glen in a few weeks.</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Scott Janzen</div><div =
class=3D"">GT6</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D""><div><br class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Sep 13, 2018, at 5:54 =
AM, yellow04 via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">Remember, any story sounds even better with some good, old =
fashioned embellishment. But the timing sheet tells the tale, 5 Triumphs =
in the group (Including Vic's Ambro), all started and finished really =
well.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">PS - Thanks to all my friends that =
helped with bonnet removal, fueling duties, canopy work, etc. Driving =
was not the problem, but Ole Blue would have needed power steering =
&nbsp;for me to make one lap!<br class=3D""><br class=3D""><br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">On 2018-09-12 14:11, Bill Dentinger via Fot =
wrote:<br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D"">Amici...<br =
class=3D"">Henry Frye TR250, Scott Jensen GT6, Mike Moore TR4, John =
Styduhar<br class=3D"">TR3B, and Vic Schuster TR Ambro sure carried our =
flag admirably to<br class=3D"">finish 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th in a =
field of 32 entries in the<br class=3D"">Group FIVE (Medium Bore) VRG =
Race (Pittsburg). &nbsp;Twenty-four cars took<br class=3D"">the green =
flag, in a mix also made up of angry Alfas, Astons, BMWs,<br =
class=3D"">Datsun, Loti, MGs, Porsche, Volvos, VWs, and even a lowly =
Pinto.<br class=3D"">Special kudos to Henry Frey, a near cripple (recent =
arm surgery) at<br class=3D"">race time, who actually needed assistance =
getting out of the race car<br class=3D"">at the end of the race...due =
to his still sore wing. &nbsp;While I heard he<br class=3D"">had a =
Handicapped Parking Pass displayed in his paddock, no assistance<br =
class=3D"">needed during the race. &nbsp;As we all know, once that green =
flag drops,<br class=3D"">such stone in the road issues disappear. =
&nbsp;His First Overall finish is<br class=3D"">especially impressive =
since two cars ran faster lap times.<br class=3D"">Kudos to those =
Triumphs...One and All!<br class=3D"">Bill Dentinger<br class=3D"">PS =
Too bad Henry didn't choose to run Ole Blue. &nbsp;He'd have probably<br =
class=3D"">lapped the field.<br class=3D""></blockquote><br =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________<br =
class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">http://www.fot-racing.com<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Donate: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br class=3D""><br=
 class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></div></div><br =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_6A12FB7E-D6E5-47AB-8B81-06DB336EBE8F--

--===============1329192177937132626==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1329192177937132626==--

---

From: Joe Alexander via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 12:08:51 -0500

Great news from the east. Thank you for sharing.

Joe Alexander
4505 Donald Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
The-vintage-racer.com
Gasketinnovations.com
Cell:  319.464.4711

> On Sep 13, 2018, at 4:54 AM, yellow04 via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Remember, any story sounds even better with some good, old fashioned embellishment. But the timing sheet tells the tale, 5 Triumphs in the group (Including Vic's Ambro), all started and finished really well.
> 
> PS - Thanks to all my friends that helped with bonnet removal, fueling duties, canopy work, etc. Driving was not the problem, but Ole Blue would have needed power steering  for me to make one lap!
> 
> 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>