Subject: Re: [Fot] '64 Triumph Spitfire Racecar

From: Bill Dentinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 13:22:01 -0700

If that's a cull...must be a heck of a herd.

Bill Dentinger

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 17, 2016, at 11:06 PM, Joe Curry <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> It's Dave Forman's.  He said he was culling the herd, so I guess it's true.
> 
> Joe C.
> 
> 
> Sent from my HAL-9000
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Charly
> Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 10:17 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Fot] '64 Triumph Spitfire Racecar
> 
> In Texas
> Charly Mitchel 
> TR6 #44
> -------------------------
> \'64 TRIUMPH SPITFIRE RACECAR
>    http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5799906033.html 
> -------------------------
>       
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> 
> http://www.fot-racing.com
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
> 
> http://www.fot-racing.com
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 07:56:05 -0500

Seems like Dave’s 914 P-car has spent a good deal less time being repaired and fettled (the Spit was a kludge when he bought it), but by all reports, this car is a real stormer now.

Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas USA

> On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Bill Dentinger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Ashley Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:55:40 -0400

I bought that car in 1972 for $800 including a trailer. It was a real kluge then. 
I took it apart and put a new roll bar, suspension - rebuilt the whole car. I raced it in SCCA nationals in 1975 and sold it that winter. It was a very nice SCCA national car that had always been a race car when I sold it. The ugly high roll bar in it now was not my doing😀

I think it got kluged up again in the decades following 1975. Maybe more than once. 
Seems like Dave had some nice work done to it since he has had it. 

Ashley Page

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 8:56 AM, Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 
>

---

From: - - <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:21:23 -0400 (EDT)

--===============2871652359808682903==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
    <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">
</head><body><p>The roll cage (clothes line) is SCCA legal for modern stand=
ards. &#160;Additionally, should one find ones self upside down and on fire=
, one could actually escape via several paths. &#160;Not so when it looked =
prettier! &#160;And, yes, the car, besides the body which carries all of it=
s patina, is essentially all new and rock solid.... &#160;See you at the ra=
ces!</p><p><br></p><p>Dave (Fooddude)</p><blockquote type=3D"cite"><p>On Oc=
tober 19, 2016 at 10:55 AM Ashley Page &#60;[email-masked]&#62; =
wrote:<br><br><br>I bought that car in 1972 for $800 including a trailer. I=
t was a real kluge then. <br>I took it apart and put a new roll bar, suspen=
sion - rebuilt the whole car. I raced it in SCCA nationals in 1975 and sold=
 it that winter. It was a very nice SCCA national car that had always been =
a race car when I sold it. The ugly high roll bar in it now was not my doin=
g=F0=9F=98=80<br><br>I think it got kluged up again in the decades followin=
g 1975. Maybe more than once. <br>Seems like Dave had some nice work done t=
o it since he has had it. <br><br>Ashley Page<br><br>Sent from my iPhone<br=
></p><blockquote type=3D"cite"><p>On Oct 19, 2016, at 8:56 AM, Duncan Charl=
ton &#60;[email-masked]&#62; wrote:<br><br>Seems like Dave&#82=
17;s 914 P-car has spent a good deal less time being repaired and fettled (=
the Spit was a kludge when he bought it), but by all reports, this car is a=
 real stormer now.<br><br>Duncan Charlton<br>Elgin, Texas USA</p></blockquo=
te><p>&#62;&#62; On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Bill Dentinger &#60;billdenti=
[email-masked]&#62; wrote:&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62; If that&#39;s a cull...must =
be a heck of a herd.<br>&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62; Bill Dentinger<br>&#62;&#=
62; <br>&#62;&#62; Sent from my iPad<br>&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; On O=
ct 17, 2016, at 11:06 PM, Joe Curry &#60;[email-masked]&#62; wrote:<br>&#=
62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; It&#39;s Dave Forman&#39;s. He said he wa=
s culling the herd, so I guess it&#39;s true.<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&=
#62;&#62; Joe C.<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62;=
 Sent from my HAL-9000<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; -----Original Message-----<br>&#6=
2;&#62;&#62; From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Cha=
rly<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 10:17 PM<br>&#62;&#62=
;&#62; To: [email-masked]<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; Subject: [Fot] &#39;64 Tri=
umph Spitfire Racecar<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; In Texas<br>&#=
62;&#62;&#62; Charly Mitchel <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; TR6 #44<br>&#62;&#62;&#62;=
 -------------------------<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; \&#39;64 TRIUMPH SPITFIRE RAC=
ECAR<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5799906033.html <b=
r>&#62;&#62;&#62; -------------------------<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#6=
2;&#62; _______________________________________________<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; =
[email-masked]<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; http://www.fot-ra=
cing.com<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; Donate: http://www.team.net=
/donate.html<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&#6=
2;&#62;&#62; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; Unsubscr=
ibe/Manage:<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/sp=
[email-masked]<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; _=
______________________________________________<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; fot@autox=
.team.net<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; http://www.fot-racing.com<=
br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.h=
tml<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&#62;&#62;&#=
62; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&#62;&#62;&#62; Unsubscribe/Manag=
e: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br>&#62;&#6=
2;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62; _________________=
______________________________<br>&#62;&#62; [email-masked]<br>&#62;&#6=
2; <br>&#62;&#62; http://www.fot-racing.com<br>&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62; Do=
nate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&#62;&#62; Archive: http://www.tea=
m.net/archive<br>&#62;&#62; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&#62;&#62=
; Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/duncan.char=
[email-masked]<br>&#62;&#62; <br>&#62;&#62;</p><blockquote type=3D"cite">=
<p>_______________________________________________<br>[email-masked]<br=
><br>http://www.fot-racing.com<br><br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.ht=
ml<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/f=
orums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/apag=
[email-masked]</p></blockquote><p>__________________________________=
_____________<br>[email-masked]<br><br>http://www.fot-racing.com<br><br=
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/ar=
chive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://a=
utox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</p></blockquote></b=
ody></html>

--===============2871652359808682903==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2871652359808682903==--