Subject: Re: [Fot] IMSA TR8 lost a conrod

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:19:02 +0200

Yep!
The engine is now toasted.
Everything except the heads is rubbish now, including the block.
Cause were a rod bolt.
I stupid man didn't change the bolt just to make sure.
As I never found any problem on my bolts, as I measure them every time I
service the TR4 engine, I thought that would be the same on the TR8.
Seems I was wrong. I gave 45 pounds on them as usual but maybe they were
already tired.
I had a full set of fitting ARP 2000 bolts on the shelf which I could have
used instead of the ARP8740.

Need to start from new.
First a new 4.6L block is needed.

Cheers
Chris

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: John Styduhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:44:47 -0400

--===============0340417794209963840==

--001a113eebf0ccc646053f28ec25

British Parts International makes a beefed-up alloy 4.6L block.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, MadMarx <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a113eebf0ccc646053f28ec25
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Bri=
tish Parts International makes a beefed-up alloy 4.6L block.</div></div><di=
v class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Oct 17, 2016=
 at 12:19 PM, MadMarx <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tr4racing@goo=
glemail.com" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-l=
eft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Yep!<br>
The engine is now toasted.<br>
Everything except the heads is rubbish now, including the block.<br>
Cause were a rod bolt.<br>
I stupid man didn&#39;t change the bolt just to make sure.<br>
As I never found any problem on my bolts, as I measure them every time I<br=
service the TR4 engine, I thought that would be the same on the TR8.<br>
Seems I was wrong. I gave 45 pounds on them as usual but maybe they were<br=
already tired.<br>
I had a full set of fitting ARP 2000 bolts on the shelf which I could have<=
br>
used instead of the ARP8740.<br>
<br>
Need to start from new.<br>
First a new 4.6L block is needed.<br>
<div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5"><br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Chris<br>
<br>
______________________________<wbr>_________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.<wbr>html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.n=
et/mailman/<wbr>options/fot/johnstydo@gmail.<wbr>com</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113eebf0ccc646053f28ec25--

--===============0340417794209963840==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0340417794209963840==--

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 22:06:29 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0106066008299734487==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D2298B.E1B4EF50"
Content-Language: de

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D2298B.E1B4EF50
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks for the input John.

=20

Getting it from USA is always connected with high shipping cost and =
taxes.

=20

This comes from England:

http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=3D675

=20

Seems reasonable.

=20

Cheers

Chris

=20

Von: John Styduhar [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016 21:45
An: MadMarx
Cc: Triumph 'Friends of Triumph
Betreff: Re: [Fot] IMSA TR8 lost a conrod

=20

=20

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, MadMarx <[email-masked]> =
wrote:

Yep!
I had a full set of fitting ARP 2000 bolts on the shelf which I could =
have

Need to start from new.

Cheers
Chris

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

=20

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D2298B.E1B4EF50
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.E-MailFormatvorlage17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DDE link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Thanks for the input John.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Getting it from USA is always connected with high shipping cost and =
taxes.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>This comes from England:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><a =
href=3D"http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=3D675">http://www.v8tuner=
.co.uk/product.php?id=3D675</a><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Seems reasonable.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Cheers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Chris</span><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>Von:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
John Styduhar [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Gesendet:</b> =
Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016 21:45<br><b>An:</b> MadMarx<br><b>Cc:</b> =
Triumph 'Friends of Triumph<br><b>Betreff:</b> Re: [Fot] IMSA TR8 lost a =
conrod<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>British Parts International makes a beefed-up alloy =
4.6L block.<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On Mon, =
Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, MadMarx &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Yep!<br>The engine is now =
toasted.<br>Everything except the heads is rubbish now, including the =
block.<br>Cause were a rod bolt.<br>I stupid man didn't change the bolt =
just to make sure.<br>As I never found any problem on my bolts, as I =
measure them every time I<br>service the TR4 engine, I thought that =
would be the same on the TR8.<br>Seems I was wrong. I gave 45 pounds on =
them as usual but maybe they were<br>already tired.<br>I had a full set =
of fitting ARP 2000 bolts on the shelf which I could have<br>used =
instead of the ARP8740.<br><br>Need to start from new.<br>First a new =
4.6L block is needed.<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br><br>Cheers<br>Chris<br><br>___________=
____________________________________<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/johnstydo@gma=
il.com</a><br><br><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D2298B.E1B4EF50--

--===============0106066008299734487==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0106066008299734487==--

---

From: Duncan Charlton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 07:52:14 -0500

--===============1067309326351406911==

--Apple-Mail=_12C1085A-7F98-44BB-9C6E-B49EE0F5CF9A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

Chris,

The top hat linered blocks are the way to go, from what I hear. =20

There are new (not remanufactured) engines available from RPI in the UK =
(I=E2=80=99ve had good results using them in the past when I was =
rebuilding my Morgan Plus 8=E2=80=99s engine) and their website has some =
useful information on it as well.  You might check their ebay pages, =
although I don=E2=80=99t see any bare blocks for sale there at the =
moment.

Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas USA

> On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:06 PM, MadMarx <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
taxes.
> =20
> This comes from England:
> http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=3D675 =
<http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=3D675>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, MadMarx <[email-masked] =
> Yep!
> As I never found any problem on my bolts, as I measure them every time =
I
> Seems I was wrong. I gave 45 pounds on them as usual but maybe they =
were
have
> http://www.fot-racing.com <http://www.fot-racing.com/>
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive <http://www.team.net/archive>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_12C1085A-7F98-44BB-9C6E-B49EE0F5CF9A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Chris,<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">The =
top hat linered blocks are the way to go, from what I hear. =
&nbsp;</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">There =
are new (not remanufactured) engines available from RPI in the UK =
(I=E2=80=99ve had good results using them in the past when I was =
rebuilding my Morgan Plus 8=E2=80=99s engine) and their website has some =
useful information on it as well. &nbsp;You might check their ebay =
pages, although I don=E2=80=99t see any bare blocks for sale there at =
the moment.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""><div class=3D"">
<div class=3D"">Duncan Charlton</div><div class=3D"">Elgin, Texas =
USA</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">

</div>
<br class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:06 PM, MadMarx &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><div =
class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: WordSection1; font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span lang=3D"EN-US" =
style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; color: =
rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D"">Thanks for the input John.<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana, =
sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D"">Getting it =
from USA is always connected with high shipping cost and taxes.<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana, =
sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D"">This comes =
from England:<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: =
0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', =
serif;" class=3D""><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; =
font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=3D675" style=3D"color: =
purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=3D675</a><o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana, =
sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D"">Seems =
reasonable.<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm =
0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D"">Cheers<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana, =
sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D"">Chris</span><span =
lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana, =
sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana, =
sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"border-style: solid =
none none; border-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width: 1pt; =
padding: 3pt 0cm 0cm;" class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><b class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
Tahoma, sans-serif;" class=3D"">Von:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>John Styduhar [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br class=3D""><b =
class=3D"">Gesendet:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016 =
21:45<br class=3D""><b class=3D"">An:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>MadMarx<br class=3D""><b =
class=3D"">Cc:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Triumph 'Friends of =
Triumph<br class=3D""><b class=3D"">Betreff:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Re: [Fot] IMSA TR8 lost a =
conrod<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm =
0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><o:p class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></div><div class=3D""><div =
class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D"">British Parts =
International makes a beefed-up alloy 4.6L block.<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></div></div></div><div class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: =
0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', =
serif;" class=3D""><o:p class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></div><div class=3D""><div =
style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif;" class=3D"">On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, MadMarx =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D"">Yep!<br class=3D"">The engine is now toasted.<br =
class=3D"">Everything except the heads is rubbish now, including the =
block.<br class=3D"">Cause were a rod bolt.<br class=3D"">I stupid man =
didn't change the bolt just to make sure.<br class=3D"">As I never found =
any problem on my bolts, as I measure them every time I<br =
class=3D"">service the TR4 engine, I thought that would be the same on =
the TR8.<br class=3D"">Seems I was wrong. I gave 45 pounds on them as =
usual but maybe they were<br class=3D"">already tired.<br class=3D"">I =
had a full set of fitting ARP 2000 bolts on the shelf which I could =
have<br class=3D"">used instead of the ARP8740.<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Need to start from new.<br class=3D"">First a new 4.6L block =
is needed.<o:p class=3D""></o:p></div><div class=3D""><div class=3D""><p =
class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 12pt; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Cheers<br class=3D"">Chris<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________<br =
class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" =
target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Donate:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color:=
 purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br class=3D"">Archive:<span=
 class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color: =
purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br class=3D"">Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color: =
purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</=
a><br class=3D""><br class=3D""><o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></p></div></div></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><o:p class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></div></div></div><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a></span><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;" class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D""><a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" =
class=3D"">http://www.fot-racing.com</a></span><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;" class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br style=3D"font-family:=
 Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: =
inline !important;" class=3D"">Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: =
inline !important;" class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/duncan.charlton54@gmail.=
com" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/duncan.charlton54@gma=
il.com</a></span></div></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_12C1085A-7F98-44BB-9C6E-B49EE0F5CF9A--

--===============1067309326351406911==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1067309326351406911==--

---

From: Ted Schumacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 09:54:48 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6810379895766381691==
 boundary="------------B199A0E3DAAFC83EE247452B"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------B199A0E3DAAFC83EE247452B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

A more cost effective positive liner location method is to pin the liner 
to the block.  Ted

On 10/19/2016 8:52 AM, Duncan Charlton wrote:
> Chris,
>
> The top hat linered blocks are the way to go, from what I hear.
>
> There are new (not remanufactured) engines available from RPI in the 
> UK (I’ve had good results using them in the past when I was rebuilding 
> my Morgan Plus 8’s engine) and their website has some useful 
> information on it as well.  You might check their ebay pages, although 
> I don’t see any bare blocks for sale there at the moment.
>
> Duncan Charlton
> Elgin, Texas USA
>
>
>
>> On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:06 PM, MadMarx <[email-masked] 
>>
>> Getting it from USA is always connected with high shipping cost and 
>> taxes.
>> This comes from England:
>> http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=675
>> Seems reasonable.
>> Cheers
>> Chris
>> *Von:*John Styduhar [mailto:[email-masked]]
>> *Gesendet:*Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016 21:45
>> *An:*MadMarx
>> *Cc:*Triumph 'Friends of Triumph
>> *Betreff:*Re: [Fot] IMSA TR8 lost a conrod
>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, MadMarx <[email-masked] 
>> Yep!
>> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
Ted Schumacher
[email-masked]
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US & Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022

--------------B199A0E3DAAFC83EE247452B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">A more cost effective positive liner
      location method is to pin the liner to the block.  Ted<br>
      <br>
      On 10/19/2016 8:52 AM, Duncan Charlton wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      Chris,
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">The top hat linered blocks are the way to go, from
        what I hear.  </div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">There are new (not remanufactured) engines available
        from RPI in the UK (I’ve had good results using them in the past
        when I was rebuilding my Morgan Plus 8’s engine) and their
        website has some useful information on it as well.  You might
        check their ebay pages, although I don’t see any bare blocks for
        sale there at the moment.</div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
        <div class="">
          <div class="">Duncan Charlton</div>
          <div class="">Elgin, Texas USA</div>
          <div class=""><br class="">
          </div>
          <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
        </div>
        <br class="">
        <div>
          <blockquote type="cite" class="">
            <div class="">On Oct 18, 2016, at 3:06 PM, MadMarx &lt;<a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              wrote:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div class="">
              <div class="WordSection1" style="page: WordSection1;
                font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style:
                normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align:
                start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
                white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US">Thanks for the input John.<o:p class=""></o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US"><o:p class=""> </o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US">Getting it from USA is always connected
                    with high shipping cost and taxes.<o:p class=""></o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US"><o:p class=""> </o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US">This comes from England:<o:p class=""></o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US"><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=675"
                      style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;"
                      class="">http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=675</a><o:p
                      class=""></o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US"><o:p class=""> </o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US">Seems reasonable.<o:p class=""></o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US"><o:p class=""> </o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US">Cheers<o:p class=""></o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US">Chris</span><span style="font-size:
                    10pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; color:
                    rgb(31, 73, 125);" class="" lang="EN-US"><o:p
                      class=""></o:p></span></div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><span
                    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana,
                    sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=""
                    lang="EN-US"><o:p class=""> </o:p></span></div>
                <div style="border-style: solid none none;
                  border-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223);
                  border-top-width: 1pt; padding: 3pt 0cm 0cm;" class="">
                  <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                    font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><b
                      class=""><span style="font-size: 10pt;
                        font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif;" class="">Von:</span></b><span
                      style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,
                      sans-serif;" class=""><span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>John
                      Styduhar [<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]<span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br
                        class="">
                      <b class="">Gesendet:</b><span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Dienstag,
                      18. Oktober 2016 21:45<br class="">
                      <b class="">An:</b><span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>MadMarx<br
                        class="">
                      <b class="">Cc:</b><span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Triumph
                      'Friends of Triumph<br class="">
                      <b class="">Betreff:</b><span
                        class="Apple-converted-space"> </span>Re: [Fot]
                      IMSA TR8 lost a conrod<o:p class=""></o:p></span></div>
                </div>
                <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                  font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><o:p
                    class=""> </o:p></div>
                <div class="">
                  <div class="">
                    <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size:
                      12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"
                      class="">British Parts International makes a
                      beefed-up alloy 4.6L block.<o:p class=""></o:p></div>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div class="">
                  <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                    font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><o:p
                      class=""> </o:p></div>
                  <div class="">
                    <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size:
                      12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"
                      class="">On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, MadMarx
                      &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" style="color: purple;
                        text-decoration: underline;" class="">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<o:p class=""></o:p></div>
                    <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size:
                      12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"
                      class="">Yep!<br class="">
                      The engine is now toasted.<br class="">
                      Everything except the heads is rubbish now,
                      including the block.<br class="">
                      Cause were a rod bolt.<br class="">
                      I stupid man didn't change the bolt just to make
                      sure.<br class="">
                      As I never found any problem on my bolts, as I
                      measure them every time I<br class="">
                      service the TR4 engine, I thought that would be
                      the same on the TR8.<br class="">
                      Seems I was wrong. I gave 45 pounds on them as
                      usual but maybe they were<br class="">
                      already tired.<br class="">
                      I had a full set of fitting ARP 2000 bolts on the
                      shelf which I could have<br class="">
                      used instead of the ARP8740.<br class="">
                      <br class="">
                      Need to start from new.<br class="">
                      First a new 4.6L block is needed.<o:p class=""></o:p></div>
                    <div class="">
                      <div class="">
                        <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm
                          12pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New
                          Roman', serif;"><br class="">
                          <br class="">
                          Cheers<br class="">
                          Chris<br class="">
                          <br class="">
_______________________________________________<br class="">
                          <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                            style="color: purple; text-decoration:
                            underline;" class="">[email-masked]</a><br
                            class="">
                          <br class="">
                          <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.fot-racing.com/"
                            target="_blank" style="color: purple;
                            text-decoration: underline;" class="">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br
                            class="">
                          <br class="">
                          Donate:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                            target="_blank" style="color: purple;
                            text-decoration: underline;" class="">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                            class="">
                          Archive:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/archive"
                            target="_blank" style="color: purple;
                            text-decoration: underline;" class="">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br
                            class="">
                          Forums:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/forums"
                            target="_blank" style="color: purple;
                            text-decoration: underline;" class="">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br
                            class="">
                          Unsubscribe/Manage:<span
                            class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]"
                            target="_blank" style="color: purple;
                            text-decoration: underline;" class="">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br
                            class="">
                          <br class="">
                          <o:p class=""></o:p></p>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  <div style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt;
                    font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=""><o:p
                      class=""> </o:p></div>
                </div>
              </div>
              <span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class="">_______________________________________________</span><br
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class=""><a
                  moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a></span><br
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <br style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class=""><a
                  moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.fot-racing.com" class="">http://www.fot-racing.com</a></span><br
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <br style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class="">Donate:
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" class="">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class="">Archive:
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/archive" class="">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class="">Forums:
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/forums" class="">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class="">Unsubscribe/Manage:
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]"
                  class="">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a></span></div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br class="">
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 
Ted Schumacher
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com">http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com</a>
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US &amp; Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022</pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------B199A0E3DAAFC83EE247452B--

--===============6810379895766381691==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6810379895766381691==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 08:26:17 -0700

On 10/20/16 6:54 AM, Ted Schumacher wrote:
> A more cost effective positive liner location method is to pin the 
> liner to the block.  Ted
What usually kills the blocks is slight head gasket edge damage that 
allows hot gasses to get forced around the liner on the power stroke to 
force its way between the liner and block, damaging the block.  A lot of 
the larger Rover engines need to have their block replaced between 
100,000 and 150,000 miles because of this. The top hat lines keep the 
gases from getting around the liner and destroying the block.  The issue 
is not the liner moving.

TeriAnn
>> UK (I’ve had good results using them in the past when I was 
>> rebuilding my Morgan Plus 8’s engine) and their website has some 
>> useful information on it as well.  You might check their ebay pages, 
>> although I don’t see any bare blocks for sale there at the moment.
>>
>> Duncan Charlton
>> Elgin, Texas USA
>>

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]