Subject: [Fot] TR6 splash guard question

From: Greg Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:31:18 -0500

--===============8416197017304377675==
 boundary=Apple-Mail-7C450490-78D9-4EA9-B65A-02CDFF5622D7
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-7C450490-78D9-4EA9-B65A-02CDFF5622D7
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

> Guys,
> =20
> Need some help.  I am in the process of stripping a TR6 tub for priming.  I=
 am in the process of removing the undercoating in the fender wells to addre=
ss some minor corrosion.  I noticed that both splash guards have what appear=
s to be a drainage hole that leaves a path for water to go from the behind t=
he splash guard to the fender well area.  I was wondering should this be lef=
t open or sealed off?  See attached pdf for pictures.
> =20
> Thanks,
> =20
> Greg
>=20

--Apple-Mail-7C450490-78D9-4EA9-B65A-02CDFF5622D7
	boundary=Apple-Mail-66C23942-9FD0-414C-A27B-1DC12CC7DEE8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-66C23942-9FD0-414C-A27B-1DC12CC7DEE8
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></head><body dir="auto"><div><br></div><div><span></span></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

<div class="WordSection1">
<p class="MsoNormal">Guys,<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Need some help.&nbsp; I am in the process of stripping a TR6 tub for priming.&nbsp; I am in the process of removing the undercoating in the fender wells to address some minor corrosion.&nbsp; I noticed that both splash guards have what appears to be a
 drainage hole that leaves a path for water to go from the behind the splash guard to the fender well area.&nbsp; I was wondering should this be left open or sealed off?&nbsp; See attached pdf for pictures.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Greg<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<font face="Arial" color="Gray" size="1"><br>
</font>

</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-66C23942-9FD0-414C-A27B-1DC12CC7DEE8
	name="splash guard.pdf";
	x-apple-part-url=FD2A2AEB-653C-4EB7-A7ED-3407E15DA3D2
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="splash guard.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-66C23942-9FD0-414C-A27B-1DC12CC7DEE8
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></head><body dir="auto"><blockquote type="cite"><div></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-66C23942-9FD0-414C-A27B-1DC12CC7DEE8--

--Apple-Mail-7C450490-78D9-4EA9-B65A-02CDFF5622D7--

--===============8416197017304377675==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8416197017304377675==--

---

From: fubog1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 15:51:23 -0400

--===============1717798043112438565==
	boundary="----=_Part_88372_1079924849.1474314683118"

------=_Part_88372_1079924849.1474314683118
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I can't seem to be able to open the attachment but from the description you are referring to the vertical front inner splash shield (closing) panels, held on by 6 or 7 1/4 inch fasteners?
The splash panel is supposed to be sealed.
There is an indentation in the bottom edge of the fender to provide drainage for the water that leaks in from above, the rear outer corners of the bonnet opening. They are supposed to be sealed, they never are.
On several that I have done, I've welded the corners solid & then drilled a hole & welded a nipple on the bottom, sort of formed a "funnel" under those low points, and plumbed it directly down through the sill. That catches all of the water from the top low points. 
With that, and the front closing panels sealed, water can't get in.
HTH
Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Blake <[email-masked]>
To: Fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Sep 19, 2016 3:29 pm
Subject: [Fot] TR6 splash guard question

Guys,
 
Need some help.  I am in the process of stripping a TR6 tub for priming.  I am in the process of removing the undercoating in the fender wells to address some minor corrosion.  I noticed that both splash guards have what appears to be a drainage hole that leaves a path for water to go from the behind the splash guard to the fender well area.  I was wondering should this be left open or sealed off?  See attached pdf for pictures.
 
Thanks,
 
Greg

------=_Part_88372_1079924849.1474314683118
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'2' face=3D'Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>I ca=
<font size=3D"2">n't seem to be able to open the attachment but from the de=
scription you are referring to the vertical front inner splash shield (clos=
ing) panels, held on by 6 or 7 1/4 inch fasteners?<br>
The splash panel is supposed to be sealed.<br>
There is an indentation in the bottom edge of the fender to provide drainag=
e for the water that leaks in from above, the rear outer corners of the bon=
net opening. They are supposed to be sealed, they never are.<br>
On several that I have done, I've welded the corners solid &amp; then drill=
ed a hole &amp; welded a nipple on the bottom, sort of formed a "funnel" un=
der those low points, and plumbed it directly down through the sill. That c=
atches all of the water from the top low points. <br>
With that, and the front closing panels sealed, water can't get in.<br>
HTH<br>
Glen<br>
</font>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----=
Original Message-----<br>

From: Greg Blake &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

To: Fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Mon, Sep 19, 2016 3:29 pm<br>

Subject: [Fot] TR6 splash guard question<br>

<br>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_1.2.1_d420eaa6-5f41-4568-a2a8-8ffa0aebed1f">

<div dir=3D"auto" class=3D"aolReplacedBody">

<div><br>

</div>

<div><span></span></div>

<blockquote>

<div>

<style>#AOLMsgPart_1.2.1_d420eaa6-5f41-4568-a2a8-8ffa0aebed1f td{color: bla=
ck;} @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}=
@font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}.aolReplace=
dBody p.MsoNormal,.aolReplacedBody  li.MsoNormal,.aolReplacedBody  div.MsoN=
ormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Ca=
libri",sans-serif;}.aolReplacedBody a:link,.aolReplacedBody  span.MsoHyperl=
ink {mso-style-priority:99; color:#0563C1; text-decoration:underline;}.aolR=
eplacedBody a:visited,.aolReplacedBody  span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-styl=
e-priority:99; color:#954F72; text-decoration:underline;}.aolReplacedBody s=
pan.EmailStyle17 {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:"Calibri",sa=
ns-serif; color:windowtext;}.aolReplacedBody .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type=
:export-only; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}@page WordSection1 {size:8.=
5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}.aolReplacedBody div.WordSectio=
n1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

<div class=3D"WordSection1">

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">Guys,</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">Need some help.&nbsp; I am in the process of strip=
ping a TR6 tub for priming.&nbsp; I am in the process of removing the under=
coating in the fender wells to address some minor corrosion.&nbsp; I notice=
d that both splash guards have what appears to be a
 drainage hole that leaves a path for water to go from the behind the splas=
h guard to the fender well area.&nbsp; I was wondering should this be left =
open or sealed off?&nbsp; See attached pdf for pictures.</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">Thanks,</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">Greg</div>

</div>

<font color=3D"Gray" face=3D"Arial" size=3D"1"><br>

</font>

</div>

</blockquote><blockquote>

<div></div>

</blockquote></div>

</div>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_1.2.3_ff1c7cf2-6f74-4be0-ae64-444a0d8a58fd">

<div dir=3D"auto" class=3D"aolReplacedBody"><blockquote>

<div></div>

</blockquote></div>

</div>

_______________________________________________<br>

<a removedlink__8e9293a5-ad20-45bb-b9a2-9575f8fdf62a__href=3D"mailto:fot@au=
tox.team.net">[email-masked]</a><br>

<br>

<a removedlink__8e9293a5-ad20-45bb-b9a2-9575f8fdf62a__href=3D"http://www.fo=
t-racing.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>

<br>

//www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.ht=
ml</a><br>

Archive: <a removedlink__8e9293a5-ad20-45bb-b9a2-9575f8fdf62a__href=3D"http=
://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><=
br>

Forums: <a removedlink__8e9293a5-ad20-45bb-b9a2-9575f8fdf62a__href=3D"http:=
//www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>

ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" target=3D"=
_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>

<br>

<br>

</div>

</font>
------=_Part_88372_1079924849.1474314683118--

--===============1717798043112438565==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1717798043112438565==--