Subject: [Fot] Balancing wire wheels

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:35:37 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0662944416883356195==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0053_01D218E5.96EB34E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01D218E5.96EB34E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I just got my balancer working again and tried balancing a 4-1/2 inch wide
and a 5-1/2 inch wide wire wheel off of a Triumph TR4A and a TR5.  If I try
to do a 2-plane or dynamic balance, I get very large weights, like 4 to 5
ounces that are to be added.  If I do a single plane, static balance, then I
get reasonable weights to add like a couple of ounces at most.  I think that
unless the wire wheel has been recently trued very accurately this is going
to be the result.  The wheels have large run out compared to alloy wheels.
What have others who have tried to balance wire wheels come up with?

I got lucky with my balancer and could just use one of the cones and the
large "T-nut" which mated up with the OD of the spline tube perfectly.

Tim Murphy

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01D218E5.96EB34E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I just got my balancer working again and tried =
balancing a 4-1/2 inch wide and a 5-1/2 inch wide wire wheel off of a =
Triumph TR4A and a TR5.&nbsp; If I try to do a 2-plane or dynamic =
balance, I get very large weights, like 4 to 5 ounces that are to be =
added.&nbsp; If I do a single plane, static balance, then I get =
reasonable weights to add like a couple of ounces at most.&nbsp; I think =
that unless the wire wheel has been recently trued very accurately this =
is going to be the result.&nbsp; The wheels have large run out compared =
to alloy wheels.&nbsp; What have others who have tried to balance wire =
wheels come up with?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I got lucky =
with my balancer and could just use one of the cones and the large =
&#8220;T-nut&#8221; which mated up with the OD of the spline tube =
perfectly.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Tim Murphy<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0053_01D218E5.96EB34E0--

--===============0662944416883356195==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0662944416883356195==--