Subject: Re: [Fot] wire wheels - balancing

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:24:57 -0400

> -Does anyone sell an adapter kit?  I would like to own a set of fixtures
> because this is not getting any easier over time.

Hunter sells the correct cones & cups as an accessory to their machines.
However, the price was somewhat prohibitive as I recall, and might not fit
other machines.

An alternative, for home use, is to find an old on-the-car balancer.  More
tedious to use, but they ensure the entire rotating assembly is balanced,
including hub and rotor/drum etc.

Don't forget, you'll also need to match the "cup" inside the knockoff as
that is what locates the outboard side of the wheel.

Randall

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Alexandre Camoletti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:31:40 +0200 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1E739.A9AA08A0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1E739.A9AA08A0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear Listers, MWS in England (manufacturer of the Dunlop wire wheels) =
sell
the complete Cutteridge adapter kit for =A3 180
http://shop.mwsint.com/product_details.asp?id=3D1041=20

They provide also the usual balancing instructions:
http://www.mwsint.com/site/cms/contentCategoryView.asp?category=3D140=20

Otherwise you can make your own adapter with a wire wheel hub extension
(costs =A3 25 from MWS) and a sacrificial spinner ($18 from MWS) of =
which you
cut the centre with a lathe.=20
This is what I did, see pix encl (hope it goes through the list).

You get those pretty easily on ebay, otherwise new from MWS (with =
certainty
they run straight), for a total of =A343 for both.
Extension: http://shop.mwsint.com/product_details.asp?id=3D564=20
Spinner http://shop.mwsint.com/product_details.asp?id=3D437=20

Hope this helps!
Warm regards to all listers!
Alex Camoletti (Geneva-Switzerland)
-----Message d'origine-----
De=A0: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Randall
Envoy=E9=A0: lundi 25 juillet 2016 15:25
=C0=A0: 'Jack Brooks'; 'FOT List'
Objet=A0: Re: [Fot] wire wheels - balancing

> -Does anyone sell an adapter kit?  I would like to own a set of=20
> fixtures because this is not getting any easier over time.

Hunter sells the correct cones & cups as an accessory to their machines.
However, the price was somewhat prohibitive as I recall, and might not =
fit
other machines.

An alternative, for home use, is to find an old on-the-car balancer.  =
More
tedious to use, but they ensure the entire rotating assembly is =
balanced,
including hub and rotor/drum etc.

Randall

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1E739.A9AA08A0
	name="DSC04627.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="DSC04627.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1E739.A9AA08A0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1E739.A9AA08A0--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:30:38 -0500

We had a local machinist make a tapered hole in an old
hex knock off and it has done very well.

cost was less than $30

art de armond

-----Original Message----- 
From: Alexandre Camoletti
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:31 AM
To: 'Randall' ; 'Jack Brooks' ; 'FOT List'
Subject: Re: [Fot] wire wheels - balancing

Dear Listers, MWS in England (manufacturer of the Dunlop wire wheels) sell
the complete Cutteridge adapter kit for £ 180
http://shop.mwsint.com/product_details.asp?id=1041

They provide also the usual balancing instructions:
http://www.mwsint.com/site/cms/contentCategoryView.asp?category=140

Otherwise you can make your own adapter with a wire wheel hub extension
(costs £ 25 from MWS) and a sacrificial spinner ($18 from MWS) of which you
cut the centre with a lathe.
This is what I did, see pix encl (hope it goes through the list).

You get those pretty easily on ebay, otherwise new from MWS (with certainty
they run straight), for a total of £43 for both.
Extension: http://shop.mwsint.com/product_details.asp?id=564
Spinner http://shop.mwsint.com/product_details.asp?id=437

Hope this helps!
-----Message d'origine-----
De : Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Randall
Envoyé : lundi 25 juillet 2016 15:25
À : 'Jack Brooks'; 'FOT List'
Objet : Re: [Fot] wire wheels - balancing

> -Does anyone sell an adapter kit?  I would like to own a set of

Randall

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7639 / Virus Database: 4627/12681 - Release Date: 07/25/16 

eam.net