Subject: Re: [Fot] Kevin Lynch's GT6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 18:39:26 -0400

--===============6085545912939846249==
	boundary="----=_Part_141104_1696922510.1468190366211"

------=_Part_141104_1696922510.1468190366211
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

If you want to talk about racing GT6's I'm more available nowadays...Steve Smith

-----Original Message-----
From: Burt Stein <[email-masked]>
To: fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Jul 10, 2016 3:30 pm
Subject: [Fot] Kevin Lynch's GT6

Hello Mark,

I read your report on Kevin's car which was the deciding factor for my son and I to buy the car and get into vintage racing. I thank you!

I have been noodling around the internet and noticed that some of these cars have triple Weber's. Is that something that we will want to do to the GT6 or are we best off leaving the carbs alone? I did note you saying that this is the fastest GT6 you have ever driven and that in handles and presents well. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Burt

Burt Stein
Gold Mountain Entertainment
11 Music Square East 
Suite 103
Nashville, TN 37203
615-255-9000
615-255-9001 fax

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

------=_Part_141104_1696922510.1468190366211
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='2' face='arial'>If you want to talk about racing GT6's I'm more available nowadays...Steve Smith
<div><br>
<br>
<br>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Burt Stein &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Sun, Jul 10, 2016 3:30 pm<br>
Subject: [Fot] Kevin Lynch's GT6<br>
<br>
Hello Mark,<br>
<br>
I read your report on Kevin's car which was the deciding factor for my son and I to buy the car and get into vintage racing. I thank you!<br>
<br>
I have been noodling around the internet and noticed that some of these cars have triple Weber's. Is that something that we will want to do to the GT6 or are we best off leaving the carbs alone? I did note you saying that this is the fastest GT6 you have ever driven and that in handles and presents well. Please advise.<br>
<br>
Kind regards,<br>
<br>
Burt<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Burt Stein<br>
Gold Mountain Entertainment<br>
11 Music Square East <br>
Suite 103<br>
Nashville, TN 37203<br>
615-255-9000<br>
615-255-9001 fax<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.fot-racing.com" target="_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_141104_1696922510.1468190366211--

--===============6085545912939846249==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6085545912939846249==--

---

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:17:02 -0400

--===============0907612953757503721==
 boundary="Apple-Mail=_F08D254B-4E1C-490D-A14F-642E66255CD0"

--Apple-Mail=_F08D254B-4E1C-490D-A14F-642E66255CD0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

I have Webers on my car, and am very happy with them (replaced the SUs =
that were on the car when I got it).  However, if you are just getting =
going, and assuming the car is running well with current carburetors, I =
suspect you will find plenty of things to play with for several seasons =
before you want to think about that avenue.  Manifolds, carbs, linkage =
and fuel lines will set you back at least $1,500 (yes, I'm sure there's =
used stuff out there, but it's used) - oh, and did I mention the extra =
$400 worth of jets, emulsion tubes, air correctors, etc, etc, etc that =
you will be buying to tune it?  These engines can develop plenty of =
power with two SUs or Strombergs.

That said, the Webers look gorgeous and are trouble free once set up.  =
http://www.britishracecar.com/ScottJanzen-Triumph-GT6.htm

On May 24, 2016, at 4:09 PM, Burt Stein wrote:

Hello Mark,

I read your report on Kevin's car which was the deciding factor for my =
son and I to buy the car and get into vintage racing. I thank you!

I have been noodling around the internet and noticed that some of these =
cars have triple Weber's. Is that something that we will want to do to =
the GT6 or are we best off leaving the carbs alone? I did note you =
saying that this is the fastest GT6 you have ever driven and that in =
handles and presents well. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Burt

Burt Stein
11 Music Square East=20
Suite 103
Nashville, TN 37203
615-255-9000
615-255-9001 fax

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_F08D254B-4E1C-490D-A14F-642E66255CD0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">I =
have Webers on my car, and am very happy with them (replaced the SUs =
that were on the car when I got it). &nbsp;However, if you are just =
getting going, and assuming the car is running well with current =
carburetors, I suspect you will find plenty of things to play with for =
several seasons before you want to think about that avenue. =
&nbsp;Manifolds, carbs, linkage and fuel lines will set you back at =
least $1,500 (yes, I'm sure there's used stuff out there, but it's used) =
- oh, and did I mention the extra $400 worth of jets, emulsion tubes, =
air correctors, etc, etc, etc that you will be buying to tune it? =
&nbsp;These engines can develop plenty of power with two SUs or =
Strombergs.<div><br></div><div>That said, the Webers look gorgeous and =
are trouble free once set up. &nbsp;<a =
href=3D"http://www.britishracecar.com/ScottJanzen-Triumph-GT6.htm">http://=
www.britishracecar.com/ScottJanzen-Triumph-GT6.htm</a></div><div><br><div>=
<div>On May 24, 2016, at 4:09 PM, Burt Stein wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div>Hello Mark,<br><br>I read your =
report on Kevin's car which was the deciding factor for my son and I to =
buy the car and get into vintage racing. I thank you!<br><br>I have been =
noodling around the internet and noticed that some of these cars have =
triple Weber's. Is that something that we will want to do to the GT6 or =
are we best off leaving the carbs alone? I did note you saying that this =
is the fastest GT6 you have ever driven and that in handles and presents =
well. Please advise.<br><br>Kind =
regards,<br><br>Burt<br><br><br><br>Burt Stein<br>Gold Mountain =
Entertainment<br>11 Music Square East <br>Suite 103<br>Nashville, TN =
37203<br>615-255-9000<br>615-255-9001 =
fax<br><br>_______________________________________________<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>http://ww=
w.fot-racing.com<br><br>Donate: =
http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br><br><br></div>=
</div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_F08D254B-4E1C-490D-A14F-642E66255CD0--

--===============0907612953757503721==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0907612953757503721==--

---

From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 14:12:59 -0500

Greetings Burt.
>From someone that has been involved with racing several GT6's over the period of several decades...
DO NOT change the car from its current set-up.
It is true that webers can be a nice upgrade at some point. Your biggest concern should be to become familiar with the car. Learn how to drive it. Make it safe. Become comfortable with working on all the parts of the car and enjoy it and learn it BEFORE you CHANGE ANYTHING. You will have (hopefully) a whole lifetime of tweaking an modifying the car. Your first couple years we'll be smartest spent enjoying and keeping it going just the way it is. You will have your hands full just with that.
Some of the best GT6's ever built were quickly made to go slower and became a big pain in the ass by new owners who thought their new methods and upgrades would be a good idea. Kas Kastner himself told me of folks buying his perfectly solid winning cars ... Quickly changing things to make them faster and simply wound up wasting time, money and making a good driving car something that couldn't do a lap.
Take it slow. Enjoy the car. Enjoy maintaining it. Take things apart and put them back together exactly the way it was. That will serve you much better than changing anything. 
Buy yourself the original factory manual ( it's a red binder type book with a vinyl cover) go by that exactly on every dismantle and assembly and use the torque specs listed on every nut and bolt. That book is a very important bible. Read all of Kastner's books and pamphlets and combine that knowledge with the factor manual.
Ask any questions you have here on the FoT. There is a real trusted wealth of knowledge here and don't worry about or believe anything you see on the Internet. The fastest GT6 race cars in the country and their owners are all here to help you (on FOT) and if you listen to the wisdom you will have the most laps and the most fun with your GT6! 
Good luck and have fun!
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing 
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 24, 2016, at 3:09 PM, Burt Stein <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Mark,
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>

---

From: "Bill Tobin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 07:21:24 -0400

Jason, probably the best advice to ever be given to a new car owner/driver!
KISS!
And have fun keeping it simple.
Cheers, Bill
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jason Ostrowski" <[email-masked]>
To: "Burt Stein" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kevin Lynch's GT6

> It is true that webers can be a nice upgrade at some point. Your biggest 
> concern should be to become familiar with the car. Learn how to drive it. 
> Make it safe. Become comfortable with working on all the parts of the car 
> and enjoy it and learn it BEFORE you CHANGE ANYTHING. You will have 
> (hopefully) a whole lifetime of tweaking an modifying the car. Your first 
> couple years we'll be smartest spent enjoying and keeping it going just 
> the way it is. You will have your hands full just with that.
> Some of the best GT6's ever built were quickly made to go slower and 
> became a big pain in the ass by new owners who thought their new methods 
> and upgrades would be a good idea. Kas Kastner himself told me of folks 
> buying his perfectly solid winning cars ... Quickly changing things to 
> make them faster and simply wound up wasting time, money and making a good 
> driving car something that couldn't do a lap.
> Take it slow. Enjoy the car. Enjoy maintaining it. Take things apart and 
> put them back together exactly the way it was. That will serve you much 
> better than changing anything.
> Buy yourself the original factory manual ( it's a red binder type book 
> with a vinyl cover) go by that exactly on every dismantle and assembly and 
> use the torque specs listed on every nut and bolt. That book is a very 
> important bible. Read all of Kastner's books and pamphlets and combine 
> that knowledge with the factor manual.
> Ask any questions you have here on the FoT. There is a real trusted wealth 
> of knowledge here and don't worry about or believe anything you see on the 
> Internet. The fastest GT6 race cars in the country and their owners are 
> all here to help you (on FOT) and if you listen to the wisdom you will 
> have the most laps and the most fun with your GT6!
> Good luck and have fun!
> Jason Ostrowski
> Friendly Ghost Racing
>> I read your report on Kevin's car which was the deciding factor for my 
>> I have been noodling around the internet and noticed that some of these 
>> cars have triple Weber's. Is that something that we will want to do to 
>> the GT6 or are we best off leaving the carbs alone? I did note you saying 
>> that this is the fastest GT6 you have ever driven and that in handles and 
>> presents well. Please advise.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Burt
>>
>>
>>
>> Burt Stein
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>>
>>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>

---

From: Yellow04 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:31:38 -0400

Listen to Jason... he is spot on.

Learn to drive (and maintain) the car, worry about "enhancements" later.

> From: Jason Ostrowski

---

From: Bobby Whitehead <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:52:46 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6155311885030495330==
	boundary="----=_Part_2821238_721281750.1468435966135"

------=_Part_2821238_721281750.1468435966135
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Although I did not see Kevin's car in person, he helped me with my GT6 on a=
 few issues specifically body roll... he recommended a certain set of Eibac=
h springs and they were an instant fix. I would bet the car is well prepare=
d as is, other than a fluid change and nut and bolt inspection and wheels a=
nd tire condition I bet you would be , dare I say, ready to race... Some vi=
ntage organizations do not allow the Weber conversion, like the club I belo=
ng to with CVAR...not sure you would get a whole big bang out of your bucks=
 even if you did convert. I've seen Jason's cars at Road Atlanta a few year=
s ago and heck, they were running Strombergs which have known to be in some=
 groups less than optimum. When I purchased my GT6 9 years ago it had the S=
U conversion which worked very well...I later upgraded to Mikunis as my car=
 has about 150hp and I loved the fine tuning capabilities and simplicity of=
 the Mikunis,,,,BUT.... some of my improvements came later after I began to=
 learn how to drive the GT6....sometimes these cars are called momentum car=
s because there really not high horsepower and there is no neck snappin acc=
eleration, in general... we just try to get up to speed and maintain that m=
omentum through the race... the best part of this experience is door to doo=
r bumper to bumper with=C2=A0 30-40-50 of your closes=C2=A0 friends... that=
's been my experience.... I have some in car video of my GT6 on my youtube =
page....=C2=A0 Bobby Whitehead=C2=A0 .... some of my 65 Mustang and a few i=
n my GTA car... enjoy, be safe, and have fun...
Bobby WhiteheadJesters Racing (FB)1970 DP Triumph GT-6+1965 AS Ford Mustang=
=20
=20

    On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:26 PM, Yellow04 <[email-masked]> wr=
ote:
=20

>=20

> DO NOT change the car from its current set-up.=20

.net

------=_Part_2821238_721281750.1468435966135
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; f=
ont-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, =
sans-serif;font-size:14px"><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1468427967742_52581">Alt=
hough I did not see Kevin's car in person, he helped me with my GT6 on a fe=
w issues specifically body roll... he recommended a certain set of Eibach s=
prings and they were an instant fix. I would bet the car is well prepared a=
s is, other than a fluid change and nut and bolt inspection and wheels and =
tire condition I bet you would be , dare I say, ready to race... Some vinta=
ge organizations do not allow the Weber conversion, like the club I belong =
to with CVAR...not sure you would get a whole big bang out of your bucks ev=
en if you did convert. I've seen Jason's cars at Road Atlanta a few years a=
go and heck, they were running Strombergs which have known to be in some gr=
oups less than optimum. When I purchased my GT6 9 years ago it had the SU c=
onversion which worked very well...I later upgraded to Mikunis as my car ha=
s about 150hp and I loved the fine tuning capabilities and simplicity of th=
e Mikunis,,,,BUT.... some of my improvements came later after I began to le=
arn how to drive the GT6....sometimes these cars are called momentum cars b=
ecause there really not high horsepower and there is no neck snappin accele=
ration, in general... we just try to get up to speed and maintain that mome=
ntum through the race... the best part of this experience is door to door b=
umper to bumper with&nbsp; 30-40-50 of your closes&nbsp; friends... that's =
been my experience.... I have some in car video of my GT6 on my youtube pag=
e....&nbsp; Bobby Whitehead&nbsp; .... some of my 65 Mustang and a few in m=
y GTA car... enjoy, be safe, and have fun...</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1=
468427967742_52582"><br></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1468427967742_52610">=
Bobby Whitehead</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1468427967742_52609">Jesters R=
acing (FB)</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1468427967742_52611">1970 DP Triump=
h GT-6+</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1468427967742_52672">1965 AS Ford Must=
ang <br></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1468427967742_51860"><span></span></d=
iv> <div class=3D"qtdSeparateBR"><br><br></div><div style=3D"display: block=
;" class=3D"yahoo_quoted"> <div style=3D"font-family: HelveticaNeue, Helvet=
ica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> <=
div style=3D"font-family: HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, =
Lucida Grande, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> <div dir=3D"ltr"><font face=
=3D"Arial" size=3D"2"> On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:26 PM, Yellow04 &lt;yel=
[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br></font></div>  <br><br> <div class=3D"y_ms=
g_container">Listen to Jason... he is spot on.<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=
=3D"none">Learn to drive (and maintain) the car, worry about "enhancements"=
 later.<br clear=3D"none"><div class=3D"yqt0330095790" id=3D"yqtfd16996"><b=
r clear=3D"none">&gt; -----Original Message-----<br clear=3D"none">&gt; Fro=
m: Jason Ostrowski<br clear=3D"none">&gt; Subject: Re: [Fot] Kevin Lynch's =
GT6<br clear=3D"none">&gt; <br clear=3D"none">&gt; Greetings Burt.<br clear=
=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">&gt; DO NOT change the car from its current se=
t-up. <br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">____________=
___________________________________<br clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"rect" yma=
ilto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">fot@a=
utox.team.net</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"><a shape=3D"rect" hr=
ef=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.c=
om</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">Donate: <a shape=3D"rect" href=
=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/=
donate.html</a><br clear=3D"none">Archive: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http:/=
/www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br=
 clear=3D"none">Forums: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/forum=
s" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br clear=3D"none">Unsub=
scribe/Manage: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/opti=
ons/fot/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none"><br =
clear=3D"none"></div><br><br></div>  </div> </div>  </div></div></body></ht=
ml>
------=_Part_2821238_721281750.1468435966135--

--===============6155311885030495330==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6155311885030495330==--