Subject: Re: [Fot] Road America; Sports Car Digest

From: Bruce Lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 21:11:21 -0400

--===============6927840125167446982==
	boundary="----=_Part_67140_455908302.1469495481736"

------=_Part_67140_455908302.1469495481736
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks Dave
=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: davehogye <[email-masked]>
To: Washatko, Allen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Friends of Triumph <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Jul 25, 2016 5:22 pm
Subject: Re: [Fot] Road America; Sports Car Digest

If any of you folks aren't subscribed to the online magazine, Sports Car Di=
gest, I would highly recommend it.
There is terrific written and photographic coverage of vintage race events =
world wide. =20
Photos of Jason's and Allen's cars are included, as well as Tony G's McLare=
n at RA.
The subscription is free and comes about once a week.

// Dave H.

From: "Allen Washatko" <[email-masked]>
To: "Jason Ostrowski" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "FOT" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2016 9:01:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Fot] Road America; The results are in!

Jason,

Thank you for your beautifully written in depth review of the weekend. A tr=
ue scribe you are!=20

I wanted to share the results of our weekend as it was the best racing week=
end I have had in 21 years. I finally had the opportunity to do the drive i=
nto town for the Friday night race car concourse. As a spectator, it is a t=
hrilling event. As a participant, it is incredible. They estimated that the=
re were 20,000 people lining the streets. We were honored with a =E2=80=9CF=
irst Reserve=E2=80=9D trophy in Class F for the Triumph.

On Saturday, we set a new best lap time of 2:45.2.=20

On Sunday, we placed first in class during the feature race.

The range of driving skill that is allowed to run this event became an issu=
e for me during the weekend. During a qualifying race on Saturday, a Porsch=
e #80, overcooked the brakes coming into 5, turned the car 180 degrees, and=
 as he entered the turn mid track RELEASED his brakes and went straight thr=
ough the turn at high speed. Fortunately, I saw the smoke from the braking =
in my left mirror and decided to go straight rather than turning for the ap=
ex. The Porsche flew by missing me by 6 feet. At the next run, i found him =
sideways in the Kink with long skid marks leading to his stationary car. I =
would highly suggest a driving school for this individual.

I want to thank Richard and Dan Gehweiler for making this weekend so succes=
sful. It was truly a team effort which makes all the effort that much more =
meaningful. And thanks Jason for helping us out with the hardware.

Best,

Allen=20

 =20
Jody & Allen Washatko
W51 N664 Highland Drive
Cedarburg, WI 53012

> On Jul 18, 2016, at 11:18 PM, Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]> wr=
ote:
>=20
> Well, my feelings and results are a mixed bag of high and low.
> In general the weekend was a flurry of activity... The event was deep in =
competition, dollars and activity; In so many ways.
> The atmosphere at this race is as rich as it gets for the glacial hills o=
f Wisconsin.
> Beauty of folks, machines, and nature were in bounty.
> The 50 year celebration of Can -Am was rather glorious; and made any loca=
l race you may be used to, seem like a crappy slot car track in your Buddy'=
s basement.
> Our own Tony Garmey was out and quite pointy at sharp end of the Grid.
> He was deep in the middle of a multi million dollar battle of the big boy=
s.
> He held his own in all the sessions and raced to the very front of the ac=
tion. He hung on to the top five in a field of some 50 machines of power, w=
ealth and mechanical excellence.
> The racing in the can-am was simply Phenomenal.
> In the end it was the 1974 UOP Shadows that took away the big Kitty; winn=
ing the feature race and the stealing both the visual and speed prize for t=
he entire weekend... proving that the last years of the Can Am were indeed =
a thing of special greatness.
>=20
> All in all, the level of preparation and the standard fare in every race =
group was top notch.
> A clean lap in most groups was rather rare due to high volume as well as =
obvious differences in driver ability.
> The Triumphs:
> There were only 3 Triumphs at the HUGE event.
> I'd have to Give the cup to Allen W. In his wonderful red TR6. he finishe=
d all his sessions and ran well all weekend. He took first prize in the dow=
ntown Racecar  beauty contest driving back to the track with the prestigiou=
s Blue Ribbon in his concourse class!
> Well shown and well raced>>>A+ indeed!
> I can't believe my own luck... or lack there of.
> I was really fast in my qualifying sessions. I was actually taking it eas=
y and trying to save my car for a real Porsche Massacre in my races. And ev=
en with holding back my big cards in my 3 Qualifying sessions... I very eas=
ily set my fastest time ever at Road America... And never even had a clean =
lap.
> I qualified 17th of 62 cars for the first of 2 races.
> but on the way to the grid a part on my car that simply should not fail..=
. Failed.
> On the way up the hill to grid myself for the race, my crew noticed a sha=
ke and a shimmer in the wheel way.
> When told of the shake I quickly exited the grid and motored down the hil=
l. We jacked the car up and found one of my custom "bullet proof" Quarter M=
aster engineered Hubs broken...a big fat fail.
> So on the GT6 front... The song remains the same...
> I am very fast. And Not for lack of effort or preparation... I am once ag=
ain beaten by equipment in the face of my own desire to push the car to a n=
ew limit.
> Perhaps with a dollar or two for every nickel I have; my troubles would b=
e over...
> Quarter Master Doesn't make custom parts anymore.
> so our old solution is part of the good old days; and today is no longer =
"problem solved".
> Brian and I are looking at our current fabrication options now.
>=20
> Which brings me to the highlight of my weekend.
> Brian... Racing our Cheetah wheel to wheel for first place overall in gro=
up 3.
> Back and forth with the McKee of a fellow named A.C. all race; changing p=
osition frequently.
> Brian was in first place on the final lap. Going into turn 5 the rear sus=
pension Broke!
> The Tire was punctured as it rubbed against the frame rail.
> With Balls, and a will, and our always dream....
> Like a sick NASCAR Nightmare...
> He kept going for 2 miles with rubber flying and blue smoke a blazing.
> The tire fell off the rim on the front stretch as he took the checkered f=
lag for second place... finishing only inches in front of Doc Bundy!
> It was the best race and finish for a non pro race I have ever seen!
> 2nd place for the Cheetah in a spectacular fashion!
> At the podium celebration... Even Brian Redman was at a loss for words.
> Our Plymouth Barracuda finished all its sessions and was handling well.
> It could use another couple few hundred horsepower to win...
> But sure was the talk of the town!
> Great Highs and Great Lows...
> That's why we play this game.
> Because the feelings you get from the skin you put in; take you from even=
t to event, in a whirlwind of emotion.
> And you never know how its gonna play out until you flip the kill switch =
off.  =20
> Thanks to everyone that sent me a kind word this weekend,
> And to those that came to help me in person! wow!
> All that support was well received...
> Jason Ostrowski
> Friendly Ghost Racing
>          =20
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>=20
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/awashatko@w=
i.rr.com
>=20
>=20

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
st.net

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
om

------=_Part_67140_455908302.1469495481736
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'2' face=3D'arial'>
<div><font face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" style=3D"background-color:=
 transparent;">Thanks Dave</font></div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
>-----Original Message-----<br>
From: davehogye &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Washatko, Allen &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: Friends of Triumph &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Mon, Jul 25, 2016 5:22 pm<br>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Road America; Sports Car Digest<br>
<br>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_1.2_2c2fbe89-f3e7-45a2-a63c-350eeb8b92f2">

<div class=3D"aolReplacedBody">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt;">
<div>If any of you folks aren't subscribed to the online magazine, Sports C=
ar Digest, I would highly recommend it.</div>

<div>There is terrific written and photographic coverage of vintage race ev=
ents world wide. &nbsp;</div>

<div>Photos of Jason's and Allen's cars are included, as well as Tony G's M=
cLaren at RA.</div>

<div>The subscription is free and comes about once a week.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>// Dave H.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div><br>
</div>
<hr id=3D"zwchr">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;=
 font-size: 12pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; text-decoration:=
 none;"><b>From: </b>"Allen Washatko" &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>To: </b>"Jason Ostrowski" &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Cc: </b>"FOT" &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
et</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Sent: </b>Sunday, July 24, 2016 9:01:47 AM<br>
<b>Subject: </b>Re: [Fot] Road America; The results are in!<br>

<div><br>
</div>
Jason,<br>

<div><br>
</div>
Thank you for your beautifully written in depth review of the weekend. A tr=
ue scribe you are! <br>

<div><br>
</div>
I wanted to share the results of our weekend as it was the best racing week=
end I have had in 21 years. I finally had the opportunity to do the drive i=
nto town for the Friday night race car concourse. As a spectator, it is a t=
hrilling event. As a participant, it is incredible. They estimated that the=
re were 20,000 people lining the streets. We were honored with a =E2=80=9CF=
irst Reserve=E2=80=9D trophy in Class F for the Triumph.<br>

<div><br>
</div>
On Saturday, we set a new best lap time of 2:45.2. <br>

<div><br>
</div>
On Sunday, we placed first in class during the feature race.<br>

<div><br>
</div>
The range of driving skill that is allowed to run this event became an issu=
e for me during the weekend. During a qualifying race on Saturday, a Porsch=
e #80, overcooked the brakes coming into 5, turned the car 180 degrees, and=
 as he entered the turn mid track RELEASED his brakes and went straight thr=
ough the turn at high speed. Fortunately, I saw the smoke from the braking =
in my left mirror and decided to go straight rather than turning for the ap=
ex. The Porsche flew by missing me by 6 feet. At the next run, i found him =
sideways in the Kink with long skid marks leading to his stationary car. I =
would highly suggest a driving school for this individual.<br>

<div><br>
</div>
I want to thank Richard and Dan Gehweiler for making this weekend so succes=
sful. It was truly a team effort which makes all the effort that much more =
meaningful. And thanks Jason for helping us out with the hardware.<br>

<div><br>
</div>
Best,<br>

<div><br>
</div>
Allen <br>

<div><br>
</div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
Jody &amp; Allen Washatko<br>
W51 N664 Highland Drive<br>
Cedarburg, WI 53012<br>

<div><br>
</div>
<br>

<div><br>
</div>
&gt; On Jul 18, 2016, at 11:18 PM, Jason Ostrowski &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ja=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Well, my feelings and results are a mixed bag of high and low.<br>
&gt; In general the weekend was a flurry of activity... The event was deep =
in competition, dollars and activity; In so many ways.<br>
&gt; The atmosphere at this race is as rich as it gets for the glacial hill=
s of Wisconsin.<br>
&gt; Beauty of folks, machines, and nature were in bounty.<br>
&gt; The 50 year celebration of Can -Am was rather glorious; and made any l=
ocal race you may be used to, seem like a crappy slot car track in your Bud=
dy's basement.<br>
&gt; Our own Tony Garmey was out and quite pointy at sharp end of the Grid.=
<br>
&gt; He was deep in the middle of a multi million dollar battle of the big =
boys.<br>
&gt; He held his own in all the sessions and raced to the very front of the=
 action. He hung on to the top five in a field of some 50 machines of power=
, wealth and mechanical excellence.<br>
&gt; The racing in the can-am was simply Phenomenal.<br>
&gt; In the end it was the 1974 UOP Shadows that took away the big Kitty; w=
inning the feature race and the stealing both the visual and speed prize fo=
r the entire weekend... proving that the last years of the Can Am were inde=
ed a thing of special greatness.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; All in all, the level of preparation and the standard fare in every ra=
ce group was top notch.<br>
&gt; A clean lap in most groups was rather rare due to high volume as well =
as obvious differences in driver ability.<br>
&gt; The Triumphs:<br>
&gt; There were only 3 Triumphs at the HUGE event.<br>
&gt; I'd have to Give the cup to Allen W. In his wonderful red TR6. he fini=
shed all his sessions and ran well all weekend. He took first prize in the =
downtown Racecar &nbsp;beauty contest driving back to the track with the pr=
estigious Blue Ribbon in his concourse class!<br>
&gt; Well shown and well raced&gt;&gt;&gt;A+ indeed!<br>
&gt; I can't believe my own luck... or lack there of.<br>
&gt; I was really fast in my qualifying sessions. I was actually taking it =
easy and trying to save my car for a real Porsche Massacre in my races. And=
 even with holding back my big cards in my 3 Qualifying sessions... I very =
easily set my fastest time ever at Road America... And never even had a cle=
an lap.<br>
&gt; I qualified 17th of 62 cars for the first of 2 races.<br>
&gt; but on the way to the grid a part on my car that simply should not fai=
l... Failed.<br>
&gt; On the way up the hill to grid myself for the race, my crew noticed a =
shake and a shimmer in the wheel way.<br>
&gt; When told of the shake I quickly exited the grid and motored down the =
hill. We jacked the car up and found one of my custom "bullet proof" Quarte=
r Master engineered Hubs broken...a big fat fail.<br>
&gt; So on the GT6 front... The song remains the same...<br>
&gt; I am very fast. And Not for lack of effort or preparation... I am once=
 again beaten by equipment in the face of my own desire to push the car to =
a new limit.<br>
&gt; Perhaps with a dollar or two for every nickel I have; my troubles woul=
d be over...<br>
&gt; Quarter Master Doesn't make custom parts anymore.<br>
&gt; so our old solution is part of the good old days; and today is no long=
er "problem solved".<br>
&gt; Brian and I are looking at our current fabrication options now.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Which brings me to the highlight of my weekend.<br>
&gt; Brian... Racing our Cheetah wheel to wheel for first place overall in =
group 3.<br>
&gt; Back and forth with the McKee of a fellow named A.C. all race; changin=
g position frequently.<br>
&gt; Brian was in first place on the final lap. Going into turn 5 the rear =
suspension Broke!<br>
&gt; The Tire was punctured as it rubbed against the frame rail.<br>
&gt; With Balls, and a will, and our always dream....<br>
&gt; Like a sick NASCAR Nightmare...<br>
&gt; He kept going for 2 miles with rubber flying and blue smoke a blazing.=
<br>
&gt; The tire fell off the rim on the front stretch as he took the checkere=
d flag for second place... finishing only inches in front of Doc Bundy!<br>
&gt; It was the best race and finish for a non pro race I have ever seen!<b=
r>
&gt; 2nd place for the Cheetah in a spectacular fashion!<br>
&gt; At the podium celebration... Even Brian Redman was at a loss for words=
.<br>
&gt; Our Plymouth Barracuda finished all its sessions and was handling well=
.<br>
&gt; It could use another couple few hundred horsepower to win...<br>
&gt; But sure was the talk of the town!<br>
&gt; Great Highs and Great Lows...<br>
&gt; That's why we play this game.<br>
&gt; Because the feelings you get from the skin you put in; take you from e=
vent to event, in a whirlwind of emotion.<br>
&gt; And you never know how its gonna play out until you flip the kill swit=
ch off. &nbsp; <br>
&gt; Thanks to everyone that sent me a kind word this weekend,<br>
&gt; And to those that came to help me in person! wow!<br>
&gt; All that support was well received...<br>
&gt; Jason Ostrowski<br>
&gt; Friendly Ghost Racing<br>
&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot=
-racing.com</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">=
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http:=
//www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/f=
ot/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/opt=
ions/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>

<div><br>
</div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>

<div><br>
</div>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-raci=
ng.com</a><br>

<div><br>
</div>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/=
fot/[email-masked]</a><br>

<div><br>
</div>
<br>
</div>

<div><br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>

_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-raci=
ng.com</a><br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/=
[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_67140_455908302.1469495481736--

--===============6927840125167446982==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6927840125167446982==--