Subject: Re: [Fot] Big Race at Road America

From: "Jim Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 06:40:41 -0600

Drive it like ya stole it Jason. Best of luck.
jg

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jason Ostrowski
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:10 PM
To: Fot <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Big Race at Road America

Well my friends... I am about to embark on my biggest race weekend of my
career. The big one at road America is this weekend. Brian and I have worked
for weeks prepping 3 team cars for the Wethertech International Challenge.
We have the Cheetah. The Barracuda. And my time tested baby... The king of
GT6's which has be prepared to its highest standard to date! There are 62
cars competing against me in the Triumph. This is it folks. I am poised for
a good showing to do our marque proud. I'm so tired from working on these
cars that you will not get my usual lofty philosophical breaths of
description this time. But I can promise that I have prepared the car to win
and the rest is up to the racing Gods and a strong right foot! 
Say a prayer for a Friendly Ghost Racing A+. For the big races we say...
Godspeed.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ racecars

Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:04:06 -0500

We will be there cheering you on....and drinking your beer.

Joe Alexander
645 1st Street
Jesup, IA 50648
The-vintage-racer.com
Gasketinnovations.com
Cell:  319.464.4711

> On Jul 14, 2016, at 11:10 PM, Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Well my friends... I am about to embark on my biggest race weekend of my career. The big one at road America is this weekend. Brian and I have worked for weeks prepping 3 team cars for the Wethertech International Challenge. We have the Cheetah. The Barracuda. And my time tested baby... The king of GT6's which has be prepared to its highest standard to date! There are 62 cars competing against me in the Triumph. This is it folks. I am poised for a good showing to do our marque proud. I'm so tired from working on these cars that you will not get my usual lofty philosophical breaths of description this time. But I can promise that I have prepared the car to win and the rest is up to the racing Gods and a strong right foot! 
> Say a prayer for a Friendly Ghost Racing A+. For the big races we say... Godspeed.
> Jason Ostrowski
> Friendly Ghost Racing
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 11:43:32 -0400

--===============7172630060192866321==
	boundary="----=_Part_21510_1654159351.1468597412091"

------=_Part_21510_1654159351.1468597412091
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jason...

Good Luck to you and Brian.  Have a great event. =20

The July vintage event at Road America is one of the oldest and grandest in=
 the country.  At the time it was started back in the 1970s, it was one of =
a half dozen or so vintage events held all year long.  Now there are often =
a half dozen vintage events on a single week end (which is NOT a good thing=
).  I sure wish I was going to be there with you.  The Beady Eye Vintage Tr=
iumph Racing Team entered that event for thirty-three years in a row, start=
ing back in 1981 when it was called the CHICAGO HISTORIC RACES, and promote=
d by Joe Marchetti and the Como Inn.  Those were heady days, with lots of p=
omp and circumstance.  The year Ferrari was the featured marque, Joe had op=
era music pumped through the PA system, and there were guys passing out col=
d, fresh grapes from wicker baskets.  Joe had style, and was 'a piece of wo=
rk'.  He was also very, very popular.

A piece of trivia:  to my knowledge only once has a TRIUMPH finished First =
Over All in a Feature Race at the July Road America event.  It happened in =
July 1991, and it was my TRIUMPH TR3.  I know that sounds impossible, but i=
t actually happened.  It took special circumstances.  That year Race Group =
2 (Vintage Production Based cars) had over 110 entries.  So it was cut in h=
alf (2A FAST cars and 2B NOT SO FAST cars).  As luck would have it, in that=
 second 2B NOT SO FAST race group, I was third on the grid behind an Elva a=
nd a Jaguar XK120.  On Sunday morning the Group 2B Feature Race was run in =
the rain.  On the first lap, I took the lead coming out of Turn Three and l=
ed the entire race.  The Elva driver was uncomfortable in the rain, but the=
 Jag was on my tail for the whole race.  I got sideways coming through the =
kink on the last lap, and the Jag got in front of me.  But I caught him in =
fourteen, got back in front, and took the checker First Overall.  As far as=
 I know, unless there was a TRIUMPH winner since 2014...that is the only ti=
me a TRIUMPH finished first overall in a feature race at the July vintage e=
vent at Road America.

Jason...you and Brian kick some butt at Road America.  Wish I could be with=
 you.

Bill Dentinger
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]>
To: Fot <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Jul 15, 2016 12:09 am
Subject: [Fot] Big Race at Road America

Well my friends... I am about to embark on my biggest race weekend of my ca=
reer. The big one at road America is this weekend. Brian and I have worked =
for weeks prepping 3 team cars for the Wethertech International Challenge. =
We have the Cheetah. The Barracuda. And my time tested baby... The king of =
GT6's which has be prepared to its highest standard to date! There are 62 c=
ars competing against me in the Triumph. This is it folks. I am poised for =
a good showing to do our marque proud. I'm so tired from working on these c=
ars that you will not get my usual lofty philosophical breaths of descripti=
on this time. But I can promise that I have prepared the car to win and the=
 rest is up to the racing Gods and a strong right foot!=20
Say a prayer for a Friendly Ghost Racing A+. For the big races we say... Go=
dspeed.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ racecars

Sent from my iPhone

l.com

------=_Part_21510_1654159351.1468597412091
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'2' face=3D'arial'>
<div>Jason...</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Good Luck to you and Brian.&nbsp; Have a great event.&nbsp; </div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>The July vintage event at Road America is one of the oldest and grande=
st in the country.&nbsp; At the time it was started back in the 1970s,&nbsp=
;it was one of a half dozen or so vintage events held&nbsp;all year long.&n=
bsp; Now there are often a half dozen vintage events on a single week end (=
which is NOT a good thing).&nbsp; I sure wish I was going to be there with =
you.&nbsp; The Beady Eye Vintage Triumph Racing Team entered that event for=
 thirty-three years in a row, starting back in 1981 when it was called the =
CHICAGO HISTORIC RACES, and promoted by Joe Marchetti and the Como Inn.&nbs=
p; Those were heady days, with lots of pomp and circumstance.&nbsp;&nbsp;Th=
e year&nbsp;Ferrari was the featured marque, Joe had opera music pumped thr=
ough the PA system, and there were guys passing out cold, fresh grapes from=
 wicker baskets.&nbsp; Joe had style, and was 'a piece of work'.&nbsp; He w=
as also very, very&nbsp;popular.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>A piece of trivia:&nbsp; to my knowledge only once has a TRIUMPH finis=
hed First Over All in a Feature Race at the July Road America event.&nbsp; =
It happened in July 1991, and it was my TRIUMPH TR3.&nbsp; I know that soun=
ds impossible, but it actually happened.&nbsp; It took special circumstance=
s.&nbsp; That year Race Group 2 (Vintage Production Based cars) had over 11=
0 entries.&nbsp; So it&nbsp;was cut in half (2A FAST cars and 2B NOT SO FAS=
T cars).&nbsp; As luck would have it, in that second 2B NOT SO FAST race gr=
oup,&nbsp;I was&nbsp;third on the grid&nbsp;behind an Elva and a Jaguar XK1=
20.&nbsp; On Sunday morning&nbsp;the Group 2B Feature Race&nbsp;was run in =
the rain.&nbsp; On the first lap, I took the lead coming out of Turn Three =
and led the entire race.&nbsp; The Elva driver was uncomfortable in the rai=
n, but the Jag was on my tail&nbsp;for the whole race.&nbsp; I got sideways=
 coming&nbsp;through the kink on the last&nbsp;lap, and the Jag got in fron=
t of me.&nbsp; But I caught him in fourteen, got back in front, and took th=
e checker&nbsp;First Overall.&nbsp; As far as I know, unless there was a TR=
IUMPH winner since 2014...that is the only time a&nbsp;TRIUMPH&nbsp;finishe=
d first overall&nbsp;in a feature race at&nbsp;the July&nbsp;vintage event =
at Road America.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Jason...you and&nbsp;Brian kick some butt at Road America.&nbsp; Wish =
I could be with you.</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div>Bill Dentinger</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div><br>
</div>

<div><br>
<br>
<br>
</div>

<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----=
Original Message-----<br>
From: Jason Ostrowski &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Fot &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Fri, Jul 15, 2016 12:09 am<br>
Subject: [Fot] Big Race at Road America<br>
<br>
Well my friends... I am about to embark on my biggest race weekend of my ca=
reer. The big one at road America is this weekend. Brian and I have worked =
for weeks prepping 3 team cars for the Wethertech International Challenge. =
We have the Cheetah. The Barracuda. And my time tested baby... The king of =
GT6's which has be prepared to its highest standard to date! There are 62 c=
ars competing against me in the Triumph. This is it folks. I am poised for =
a good showing to do our marque proud. I'm so tired from working on these c=
ars that you will not get my usual lofty philosophical breaths of descripti=
on this time. But I can promise that I have prepared the car to win and the=
 rest is up to the racing Gods and a strong right foot! <br>
Say a prayer for a Friendly Ghost Racing A+. For the big races we say... Go=
dspeed.<br>
Jason Ostrowski<br>
Friendly Ghost Racing<br>
1969 Triumph GT6+ racecars<br>
<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-raci=
ng.com</a><br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/f=
ot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_21510_1654159351.1468597412091--

--===============7172630060192866321==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7172630060192866321==--

---

From: James J Dolan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:14:59 +0000

Jason - Good luck this weekend. 
RA is a wonderful track and it is the big one. Elkhart Lake tonight is as good as it gets in racing. See how many Triumph stickers you can find in Siebkens! 

We will be running the ’72 Group 44 GT6 and Kas’s #6 Kastner Brophy ‘72 car against each other this weekend on the streets of Schenley Park with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. 

We’ll do our best to make the Triumphs stand tall in front of thousands on the golf course.

Jim Dolan
AccessMotorSports    

On 7/15/16, 12:10 AM, "Fot on behalf of Jason Ostrowski" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:00:46 -0700

--===============2422412116750727637==

--001a1147584c3080720537ef43f6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Weekend over. How did you get on?

On Jul 18, 2016 12:11 PM, "James J Dolan" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> RA is a wonderful track and it is the big one. Elkhart Lake tonight is as
> good as it gets in racing. See how many Triumph stickers you can find in
> Siebkens!
>
> We will be running the =E2=80=9972 Group 44 GT6 and Kas=E2=80=99s #6 Kast=
ner Brophy =E2=80=9872
> car against each other this weekend on the streets of Schenley Park with
> the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.
>
> We=E2=80=99ll do our best to make the Triumphs stand tall in front of tho=
usands on
> the golf course.
>
> Jim Dolan
> AccessMotorSports
>
> On 7/15/16, 12:10 AM, "Fot on behalf of Jason Ostrowski" <
> [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:
>
> career. The big one at road America is this weekend. Brian and I have
> worked for weeks prepping 3 team cars for the Wethertech International
> Challenge. We have the Cheetah. The Barracuda. And my time tested baby...
> The king of GT6's which has be prepared to its highest standard to date!
> There are 62 cars competing against me in the Triumph. This is it folks. =
I
> am poised for a good showing to do our marque proud. I'm so tired from
> working on these cars that you will not get my usual lofty philosophical
> breaths of description this time. But I can promise that I have prepared
> the car to win and the rest is up to the racing Gods and a strong right
> foot!
> >Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> >
> >
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a1147584c3080720537ef43f6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Weekend over. How did you get on?</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Jul 18, 2016 1=
2:11 PM, &quot;James J Dolan&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jdolan@voyagerhldg=
s.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><bloc=
kquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #cc=
c solid;padding-left:1ex">Jason - Good luck this weekend.<br>
RA is a wonderful track and it is the big one. Elkhart Lake tonight is as g=
ood as it gets in racing. See how many Triumph stickers you can find in Sie=
bkens!<br>
<br>
We will be running the =E2=80=9972 Group 44 GT6 and Kas=E2=80=99s #6 Kastne=
r Brophy =E2=80=9872 car against each other this weekend on the streets of =
Schenley Park with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.<br>
<br>
We=E2=80=99ll do our best to make the Triumphs stand tall in front of thous=
ands on the golf course.<br>
<br>
Jim Dolan<br>
AccessMotorSports<br>
<br>
On 7/15/16, 12:10 AM, &quot;Fot on behalf of Jason Ostrowski&quot; &lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> on=
 behalf of <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
&gt;Well my friends... I am about to embark on my biggest race weekend of m=
y career. The big one at road America is this weekend. Brian and I have wor=
ked for weeks prepping 3 team cars for the Wethertech International Challen=
ge. We have the Cheetah. The Barracuda. And my time tested baby... The king=
 of GT6&#39;s which has be prepared to its highest standard to date! There =
are 62 cars competing against me in the Triumph. This is it folks. I am poi=
sed for a good showing to do our marque proud. I&#39;m so tired from workin=
g on these cars that you will not get my usual lofty philosophical breaths =
of description this time. But I can promise that I have prepared the car to=
 win and the rest is up to the racing Gods and a strong right foot!<br>
&gt;Say a prayer for a Friendly Ghost Racing A+. For the big races we say..=
. Godspeed.<br>
&gt;Jason Ostrowski<br>
&gt;Friendly Ghost Racing<br>
&gt;1969 Triumph GT6+ racecars<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt;_______________________________________________<br>
&gt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3D"noreferrer" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt;Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" tar=
get=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt;Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt;Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fo=
t/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div></div>

--001a1147584c3080720537ef43f6--

--===============2422412116750727637==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2422412116750727637==--