Subject: [Fot] GT6 oil pan and thrust washer

From: Mike Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:26:14 -0400

--===============7636862845810401661==

--94eb2c063e9e81661b0535baadd9

I just pulled the tranny in my 70 GT6. While it was off I checked the end
play at the flywheel (easier than at the front pulley). I'm getting 0.018
so I'm assuming the thrust washer is showing some wear but didn't fall out
(yet). I've taken the pan off a Spitfire while it's in the car, I'm
assuming I can do that with GT6 but haven't done one yet.

I'd just like to confirm it's possible before I spend any time on a useless
quest or so I just bite the bullet and pull the engine out?

thanks
mike h

--94eb2c063e9e81661b0535baadd9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div>I just pulled the tranny in my 70 GT6. While it =
was off I checked the end play at the flywheel (easier than at the front pu=
lley). I&#39;m getting 0.018 so I&#39;m assuming the thrust washer is showi=
ng some wear but didn&#39;t fall out (yet). I&#39;ve taken the pan off a Sp=
itfire while it&#39;s in the car, I&#39;m assuming I can do that with GT6 b=
ut haven&#39;t done one yet. <br><br>I&#39;d just like to confirm it&#39;s =
possible before I spend any time on a useless quest or so I just bite the b=
ullet and pull the engine out?<br><br></div>thanks<br></div>mike h<br></div=

--94eb2c063e9e81661b0535baadd9--

--===============7636862845810401661==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7636862845810401661==--