Subject: Re: [Fot] 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy was awarded to...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:10:59 +0000

ýHenry, I was not at this year's VARAC race but you made a good decision.
I will be back next year, Peter

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
  Original Message
From: Yellow04
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Jeff Govert'
Subject: [Fot] 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy was awarded to...

The Group 44 Inc. Trophy is awarded at the VARAC event held at the track formerly known as Mosport (currently it's Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) to the Triumph driver that best meets the criteria set forth by Bob Tullius a couple years back. Problem is, we are all getting old and nobody really remembers for sure what that criteria was, so it was decided that the previous year's winner would develop their own criteria and pick this year's winner.

My apologies to Mr. Tullius, but I am confident Bob would be quite happy with my choice.

The obvious choice to me was our most junior Triumph driver at the event, Jeff Govert. Jeff in his Spitfire overcame obstacles all weekend, never missed a lap of track time, and showed us what Triumph drivers are all about. His weekend started out with a diff swap, then the starter motor went south. A field strip revealed a failed solder joint, but the problems ran deeper than that as a session or two later the starter motor was out again. The earlier repair was fine but in the end the starter was declared terminal. Jeff was resigned to push starting the car and getting gridded at just the right time so the car would not overheat while waiting to go. Then there was the brakes, but I think I made my point!

Jeff showed everybody he is made of the right stuff, and deserves to be the recipient of the 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy. Congrats Jeff!!!

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 07:13:40 -0700

--===============4723794464642703382==

--94eb2c05aa2adc251b0535ca6ffd

Why not just ask Bob what he had in mind.  He is a good guy.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 5:32 AM, Yellow04 <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The Group 44 Inc. Trophy is awarded at the VARAC event held at the track
> formerly known as Mosport (currently it's Canadian Tire Motorsports Park)
> to the Triumph driver that best meets the criteria set forth by Bob Tullius
> a couple years back. Problem is, we are all getting old and nobody really
> remembers for sure what that criteria was, so it was decided that the
> previous year's winner would develop their own criteria and pick this
> year's winner.
>
> The obvious choice to me was our most junior Triumph driver at the event,
> Jeff Govert. Jeff in his Spitfire overcame obstacles all weekend, never
> missed a lap of track time, and showed us what Triumph drivers are all
> about. His weekend started out with a diff swap, then the starter motor
> went south. A field strip revealed a failed solder joint, but the problems
> ran deeper than that as a session or two later the starter motor was out
> again. The earlier repair was fine but in the end the starter was declared
> terminal. Jeff was resigned to push starting the car and getting gridded at
> just the right time so the car would not overheat while waiting to go. Then
> there was the brakes, but I think I made my point!
>
> Jeff showed everybody he is made of the right stuff, and deserves to be
> the recipient of the 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy. Congrats Jeff!!!
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--94eb2c05aa2adc251b0535ca6ffd
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Why not just ask Bob what he had in mind.=C2=A0 He is a go=
od guy.<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"><div><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><p><strong><font =
color=3D"#000099">Never be beaten by equipment.</font></strong></p></div></=
div>
<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 5:32 AM, Yellow04 <s=
pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_bla=
nk">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gma=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-lef=
t:1ex">The Group 44 Inc. Trophy is awarded at the VARAC event held at the t=
rack formerly known as Mosport (currently it&#39;s Canadian Tire Motorsport=
s Park) to the Triumph driver that best meets the criteria set forth by Bob=
 Tullius a couple years back. Problem is, we are all getting old and nobody=
 really remembers for sure what that criteria was, so it was decided that t=
he previous year&#39;s winner would develop their own criteria and pick thi=
s year&#39;s winner.<br>
<br>
My apologies to Mr. Tullius, but I am confident Bob would be quite happy wi=
th my choice.<br>
<br>
The obvious choice to me was our most junior Triumph driver at the event, J=
eff Govert. Jeff in his Spitfire overcame obstacles all weekend, never miss=
ed a lap of track time, and showed us what Triumph drivers are all about. H=
is weekend started out with a diff swap, then the starter motor went south.=
 A field strip revealed a failed solder joint, but the problems ran deeper =
than that as a session or two later the starter motor was out again. The ea=
rlier repair was fine but in the end the starter was declared terminal. Jef=
f was resigned to push starting the car and getting gridded at just the rig=
ht time so the car would not overheat while waiting to go. Then there was t=
he brakes, but I think I made my point!<br>
<br>
Jeff showed everybody he is made of the right stuff, and deserves to be the=
 recipient of the 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy. Congrats Jeff!!!<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">=
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

--94eb2c05aa2adc251b0535ca6ffd--

--===============4723794464642703382==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4723794464642703382==--

---

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 12:13:18 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7660188222271474422==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D1CBB6.4C67C310"
Content-language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D1CBB6.4C67C310
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks Kas, but we had it well covered. It was part preparation;  =
perseverance; control, driving good clean lines  sportsmanship and speed =
which Jeff has exhibited all of. In only his third event at the =
Jefferson 500 he diced closely with another equal car and after many =
passes and being passed, ended up at the checker ahead of his opponent =
with 20 years of experience. At Mosport again, on his first outing =
there, he diced very closely with another car in his class that had 15 =
years experience on that track, yet was competitive enough that places =
were exchanged multiple times.

=20

Henry had the guidelines well in hand and there was agreement on his =
decision. Bob is a friend and I would have called him if the need arose =
but Henry was on track. Two years ago I called Bob and Bill Warner, =
asking them to come up to Mosport with the Group 44 TR-6 and we had the =
initial awarding of the Group 44 Inc. award. It=E2=80=99s a tradition =
now that will continue on at that venue. Mosport is Bob=E2=80=99s =
favorite track in all of North America as he mentioned a number of times =
over the weekend. Most of those who experience that event are hooked and =
return every year.

=20

Jeff was =E2=80=9Cnot beaten by equipment=E2=80=9D but persevered to =
success.

Well earned.

=20

Russ Moore

Spitfire #49

=20

From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kas Kastner
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:14 AM
To: Yellow04
Cc: [email-masked]; Jeff Govert
Subject: Re: [Fot] 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy was awarded to...

=20

Never be beaten by equipment.

=20

The Group 44 Inc. Trophy is awarded at the VARAC event held at the track =
formerly known as Mosport (currently it's Canadian Tire Motorsports =
Park) to the Triumph driver that best meets the criteria set forth by =
Bob Tullius a couple years back. Problem is, we are all getting old and =
nobody really remembers for sure what that criteria was, so it was =
decided that the previous year's winner would develop their own criteria =
and pick this year's winner.

My apologies to Mr. Tullius, but I am confident Bob would be quite happy =
with my choice.

The obvious choice to me was our most junior Triumph driver at the =
event, Jeff Govert. Jeff in his Spitfire overcame obstacles all weekend, =
never missed a lap of track time, and showed us what Triumph drivers are =
all about. His weekend started out with a diff swap, then the starter =
motor went south. A field strip revealed a failed solder joint, but the =
problems ran deeper than that as a session or two later the starter =
motor was out again. The earlier repair was fine but in the end the =
starter was declared terminal. Jeff was resigned to push starting the =
car and getting gridded at just the right time so the car would not =
overheat while waiting to go. Then there was the brakes, but I think I =
made my point!

Jeff showed everybody he is made of the right stuff, and deserves to be =
the recipient of the 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy. Congrats Jeff!!!

=20

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D1CBB6.4C67C310
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Thanks Kas, but we had it well covered. It was part preparation; =
=C2=A0perseverance; control, driving good clean lines =
=C2=A0sportsmanship and speed which Jeff has exhibited all of. In only =
his third event at the Jefferson 500 he diced closely with another equal =
car and after many passes and being passed, ended up at the checker =
ahead of his opponent with 20 years of experience. At Mosport again, on =
his first outing there, he diced very closely with another car in his =
class that had 15 years experience on that track, yet was competitive =
enough that places were exchanged multiple =
times.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Henry had the guidelines well in hand and there was agreement on his =
decision. Bob is a friend and I would have called him if the need arose =
but Henry was on track. Two years ago I called Bob and Bill Warner, =
asking them to come up to Mosport with the Group 44 TR-6 and we had the =
initial awarding of the Group 44 Inc. award. It=E2=80=99s a tradition =
now that will continue on at that venue. Mosport is Bob=E2=80=99s =
favorite track in all of North America as he mentioned a number of times =
over the weekend. Most of those who experience that event are hooked and =
return every year.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Jeff was =E2=80=9Cnot beaten by equipment=E2=80=9D but persevered to =
success.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Well earned.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Russ Moore<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Spitfire #49<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Kas =
Kastner<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:14 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
Yellow04<br><b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]; Jeff =
Govert<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Fot] 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy was =
awarded to...<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Why not =
just ask Bob what he had in mind.&nbsp; He is a good =
guy.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><br =
clear=3Dall><o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p><strong><span =
style=3D'color:#000099'>Never be beaten by =
equipment.</span></strong><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On Tue, =
Jun 21, 2016 at 5:32 AM, Yellow04 &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>The Group 44 Inc. =
Trophy is awarded at the VARAC event held at the track formerly known as =
Mosport (currently it's Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) to the Triumph =
driver that best meets the criteria set forth by Bob Tullius a couple =
years back. Problem is, we are all getting old and nobody really =
remembers for sure what that criteria was, so it was decided that the =
previous year's winner would develop their own criteria and pick this =
year's winner.<br><br>My apologies to Mr. Tullius, but I am confident =
Bob would be quite happy with my choice.<br><br>The obvious choice to me =
was our most junior Triumph driver at the event, Jeff Govert. Jeff in =
his Spitfire overcame obstacles all weekend, never missed a lap of track =
time, and showed us what Triumph drivers are all about. His weekend =
started out with a diff swap, then the starter motor went south. A field =
strip revealed a failed solder joint, but the problems ran deeper than =
that as a session or two later the starter motor was out again. The =
earlier repair was fine but in the end the starter was declared =
terminal. Jeff was resigned to push starting the car and getting gridded =
at just the right time so the car would not overheat while waiting to =
go. Then there was the brakes, but I think I made my point!<br><br>Jeff =
showed everybody he is made of the right stuff, and deserves to be the =
recipient of the 2016 Group 44 Inc. Trophy. Congrats =
Jeff!!!<br><br>_______________________________________________<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/kaskastner@gm=
ail.com</a><br><br><o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D1CBB6.4C67C310--

--===============7660188222271474422==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7660188222271474422==--