Subject: [Fot] Best R&P source?

From: Yellow04 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 07:53:02 -0400

I find myself in need of a 4.1 Ring and Pinion gearset for the TR6 diff in the new race car. I see British Parts Northwest and The Roadster Factory are listing them, with the blurb for both claiming the parts are from Germany. 

I thought the R&P that failed in my diff was a German one, but perhaps my memory is failing me, again.

Any words of wisdom?

Henry

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 12:14:43 +0200

Hi Henry,

the parts from Germany are great but one thing to know about it:
Original Triumph gears were Gleason system and you set them as shown in the
workshop manual.

The Germany product is Oerlikon type gear which is more modern but you are
setting the gear running pattern in opposition as the manual shows. So if it
says toe, use what it says for ferse, if it says ferse, do what it says for
toe.
If you do as the manual suggest you end up with the pinion hitting the diff
housing.

Cheers
Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Yellow04
Gesendet: Samstag, 7. Mai 2016 13:53
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [Fot] Best R&P source?

I find myself in need of a 4.1 Ring and Pinion gearset for the TR6 diff in
the new race car. I see British Parts Northwest and The Roadster Factory are
listing them, with the blurb for both claiming the parts are from Germany. 

I thought the R&P that failed in my diff was a German one, but perhaps my
memory is failing me, again.

Any words of wisdom?

Henry

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

eam.net