Subject: Re: [Fot] Kevin Lynch GT6

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:58:03 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1590834596779389949==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002D_01D1B054.E51FC120"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D1B054.E51FC120
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Just a few thoughts on racing GT6s in general as I have rebuilt a couple of
engines for racers and had the opportunity to look a number of them over on
the track after failures ..

If in the market for a GT6 race car some of the first questions should be to
inquire what upgrades were done in the area of the rear axles and
suspension, if any, and also confirm the engine is a 2000cc and not a
transplanted TR-6 engine.

These are true for any GT6. 

I have no knowledge of any of the details for this particular car but have
seen a number of GT-6's with TR-6 engines on the track being run as 2 liter
cars and also seen a few being raced on stock components in the rear which
can be dangerous.

Again, these are questions for any GT6 being eyed for purchase and no
reference is made to this one specifically. Engine serial number will
confirm the original capacity of the engine when it left the factory.
Pictures can support any stated upgrades in suspension. 

If you're unsure, ask one of the FOT that campaign one of these.

I know of one person who was disappointed (to say the least!) when he
presented what he thought was a "fully prepared" racing GT6 to a sanctioning
body and found out he was going to have to replace an engine with the proper
sized one in order to pass Tech. He was not a happy camper and had to put in
some serious money to make it acceptable. 

That was in a Florida based car and not this one.

Russ Moore

Spitfire #49 

From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Scott Janzen
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:13 AM
To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph
Subject: [Fot] Kevin Lynch GT6

this car did not make minimum on ebay yesterday.  It was poorly described
for a race car - there's probably now an opportunity to buy it at a good
number.  From what one can see in the photos, it looks clean and well
prepared, but hard to tell what's under the sheet metal.

It's advertised as a '67, which I believe, as there is no rear vent behind
the quarter window, but it's got a 1970 bonnet on it.  In the Denver area.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391450634097?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/391450634097?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageNam
e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT> &ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D1B054.E51FC120
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Just a few thoughts on racing GT6s in general as I have rebuilt a =
couple of engines for racers and had the opportunity to look a number of =
them over on the track after failures =
&#8230;&#8230;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>If in the market for a GT6 race car some of the first questions =
should be to inquire what upgrades were done in the area of the rear =
axles and suspension, if any, and also confirm the engine is a 2000cc =
and not a transplanted TR-6 engine.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>These are true for any GT6. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>I have no knowledge of any of the details for this particular car but =
have seen a number of GT-6&#8217;s with TR-6 engines on the track being =
run as 2 liter cars and also seen a few being raced on stock components =
in the rear which can be dangerous.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Again, these are questions for any GT6 being eyed for purchase and no =
reference is made to this one specifically. Engine serial number will =
confirm the original capacity of the engine when it left the factory. =
Pictures can support any stated upgrades in suspension. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>If you&#8217;re unsure, ask one of the FOT that campaign one of =
these.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>I know of one person who was disappointed (to say the least!) when he =
presented what he thought was a &#8220;fully prepared&#8221; racing GT6 =
to a sanctioning body and found out he was going to have to replace an =
engine with the proper sized one in order to pass Tech. He was not a =
happy camper and had to put in some serious money to make it acceptable. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>That was in a Florida based car and not this one.</span></i></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Russ Moore<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Spitfire #49 <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Scott =
Janzen<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, May 17, 2016 11:13 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
'Friends of Triumph' Triumph<br><b>Subject:</b> [Fot] Kevin Lynch =
GT6<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>this car did =
not make minimum on ebay yesterday. &nbsp;It was poorly described for a =
race car - there's probably now an opportunity to buy it at a good =
number. &nbsp;From what one can see in the photos, it looks clean and =
well prepared, but hard to tell what's under the sheet =
metal.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>It's advertised as a '67, which I believe, as there is =
no rear vent behind the quarter window, but it's got a 1970 bonnet on =
it. &nbsp;In the Denver area.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"http://www.ebay.com/itm/391450634097?_trksid=3Dp2060353.m1438.l26=
49&amp;ssPageName=3DSTRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT">http://www.ebay.com/itm/391450634=
097?_trksid=3Dp2060353.m1438.l2649&amp;ssPageName=3DSTRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT</a=
><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D1B054.E51FC120--

--===============1590834596779389949==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1590834596779389949==--

---

From: "Jim Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 18:38:22 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8364802189369381350==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0052_01D1B06B.4A79F1B0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D1B06B.4A79F1B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

They didn't mention it has a TR6 transmission., They probably don't know. It
may also have some upgraded axles/suspension.

I would say for the price they are asking they could at least put the tach
back in the dash correctly.

From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Scott Janzen
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:13 AM
To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Kevin Lynch GT6

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D1B06B.4A79F1B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>They =
didn&#8217;t mention it has a TR6 transmission., They probably =
don&#8217;t know. It may also have some upgraded =
axles/suspension.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>I would say =
for the price they are asking they could at least put the tach back in =
the dash correctly.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Scott =
Janzen<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:13 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
'Friends of Triumph' Triumph =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> [Fot] Kevin Lynch =
GT6<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>this car did =
not make minimum on ebay yesterday. &nbsp;It was poorly described for a =
race car - there's probably now an opportunity to buy it at a good =
number. &nbsp;From what one can see in the photos, it looks clean and =
well prepared, but hard to tell what's under the sheet =
metal.<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>It's advertised as a '67, which I believe, as there is =
no rear vent behind the quarter window, but it's got a 1970 bonnet on =
it. &nbsp;In the Denver area.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"http://www.ebay.com/itm/391450634097?_trksid=3Dp2060353.m1438.l26=
49&amp;ssPageName=3DSTRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT">http://www.ebay.com/itm/391450634=
097?_trksid=3Dp2060353.m1438.l2649&amp;ssPageName=3DSTRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT</a=
><o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D1B06B.4A79F1B0--

--===============8364802189369381350==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8364802189369381350==--

---

From: Michael Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 22:11:30 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6653483603772110456==
 boundary="------------010601010606000900050001"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010601010606000900050001
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On 5/17/2016 6:38 PM, Jim Gray wrote:
>
> They didn’t mention it has a TR6 transmission., They probably don’t 
> know. It may also have some upgraded axles/suspension.
>
>
IIRC, the rear suspension used GT6+ uprights and Heim joints on the 
lower mounts to adjust camber along with axles with (I think) Jetta CV 
joints outboard.  The front suspension, the last time I saw it, didn't 
have any noticeable peculiarities.

Cheers.

-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

--------------010601010606000900050001
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/17/2016 6:38 PM, Jim Gray wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">They
            didn’t mention it has a TR6 transmission., They probably
            don’t know. It may also have some upgraded axles/suspension.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    IIRC, the rear suspension used GT6+ uprights and Heim joints on the
    lower mounts to adjust camber along with axles with (I think) Jetta
    CV joints outboard.  The front suspension, the last time I saw it,
    didn't have any noticeable peculiarities. <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    Cheers.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">-- 

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....</pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010601010606000900050001--

--===============6653483603772110456==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6653483603772110456==--