Subject: Re: [Fot] crankshaft vendors?

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]> earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 23:52:27 -0500

Crower made a run of them, might want to check with them.  They were 
more expensive than Moldex was at the time.  They have a dummy main 
design - dummy mains between 1/2 and 3/4 so the crank is more like 
what they are used to making.

Cheers, Tony

At 08:50 PM 5/20/2016, Mike Jackson wrote:
>Do we have any alternate suppliers for billet cranks other than Moldex?
>
>Mike
>_______________________________________________
>[email-masked]
>
>http://www.fot-racing.com
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Greg Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 05:23:09 -0500

Marine Crankshaft in California. They have made 5, that I know of, as of 2011 when we had a batch of 3 made. It is a dummy main design as well that John Frymark (I believe) helped them design. 

We had two made with an alternate rod journal diameter so that cheap and plentiful small block rods and bearings could be used.  

Due to the dummy main design, a very minor amount of block grinding was required to clear the throws, was not a big deal at all. 

We have been very impressed with the cranks. 

They did miss their deadline by a few months, so order early and call often. 

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 20, 2016, at 11:52 PM, Tony Drews <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Crower made a run of them, might want to check with them.  They were more expensive than Moldex was at the time.  They have a dummy main design - dummy mains between 1/2 and 3/4 so the crank is more like what they are used to making.
> 
> Cheers, Tony
> 
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>

---

From: "Terry Stetler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 08:42:08 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5374560501675630755==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_003A_01D1B33C.A8FC6D20"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01D1B33C.A8FC6D20
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 DIV { MARGIN: 0px }  =20

Only one's I'm aware of are the faux five main bearing cranks from =
England.

=20

Terry Stetler

----- Original Message -----=20

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 9:50 PM

Subject: [Fot] crankshaft vendors?

Do we have any alternate suppliers for billet cranks other than Moldex?=20

Mike

http://www.fot-racing.com<http://www.fot-racing.com/>

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<http://www.team.net/archive>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01D1B33C.A8FC6D20
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html;charset=3Dutf-8"> =

<STYLE type=3D"text/css">DIV {=0A=
	MARGIN: 0px=0A=
}=0A=
</STYLE>
=20
<META name=3D"GENERATOR" content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.18315"></HEAD>=20
<BODY id=3D"MailContainerBody" topmargin=3D"0" leftmargin=3D"0" =
style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px; =
font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: =
normal; text-decoration: none;"=20
acc_role=3D"text" canvastabstop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message =
area"><!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" /><?xml:namespace =
prefix=3D"o" /><![endif]-->
<DIV>
<DIV>Only one's I'm aware of are the faux five main bearing cranks from=20
England.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Terry Stetler</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 5px; border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
border-left-width: 2px; border-left-style: solid;">
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;">-----=20
  Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Mike=20
  Jackson</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>To:</B>=20
  <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">FOT</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>Sent:</B>=20
  Friday, May 20, 2016 9:50 PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>Subject:</B>=20
  [Fot] crankshaft vendors?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: arial, sans-serif; =
font-size: 16px;">Do=20
  we have any alternate suppliers for billet cranks other than Moldex?=20
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  =
<DIV>Mike</DIV></DIV>_______________________________________________<BR><=
A=20
  title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR><BR><A =
title=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/"=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</A><BR><BR>D=
onate:=20
  <A title=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A><BR>Archive:=20
  <A title=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A><BR>F=
orums:=20
  <A title=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A><BR>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage:=20
  =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<BR><BR><BR></B=
LOCKQUOTE></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01D1B33C.A8FC6D20--

--===============5374560501675630755==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5374560501675630755==--

---

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 14:44:24 +0000

Moldex will make the crank any way you want it unlike the CA source

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 21, 2016, at 6:29 AM, "Greg Blake" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.

---

From: Keith Files <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 16:59:17 +0100

There Farndon and Phoenix here in the UK, I have been using their cranks in my TR6 and Sebring TR4 for years with no issues.

Keith

Sent from my iPad

> On 21 May 2016, at 15:44, John Hasty <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>