Subject: Re: [Fot] Tires

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]> an>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 01:19:59 -0500

--===============2428726295994012306==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<body>
I just ran with SVRA and while they didn't say anything about the Yoko's,
they were very picky about things that were non-issues in the past.&nbsp;
Like me 2.5 year old SFI rated seatbelts that they only allow to run for
2 years.&nbsp; Everyone else allows 5+ years.&nbsp; I've got some new FIA
belts (they allow 5 years for those) for an extra couple of bills waiting
to be installed now.&nbsp; Also spent $140 getting my Hans re-certified,
no one else has ever even looked at that.&nbsp; There were some other
nit-picky things that just irritated me to no end.&nbsp; I don't do this
to get hassled, I do this to have fun.&nbsp; The guy I was paddocked with
has a very period correct car and they stuff they wanted him to do to get
their &quot;era correct&quot; designation was just ridiculous.&nbsp;
Gauges looked &quot;too modern&quot;, needed to be replaced.&nbsp;
Unbelievable.&nbsp; If they want me to run with them they'll let me run
Yoko's, but I'm not nearly as inclined to go to their events
now.<br><br>
What we really need is the ability to go plus 1 or plus 2 and run some 50
series tires since the selection for 15&quot; is so dismal.<br><br>
Yoko may make the choice for us, others have reported that they are
phasing out the A048 and the replacement tire isn't coming in 15&quot; /
60 series.<br><br>
On the other hand if everyone has to run speedsters I won't get my ass
handed to me by guys running better radials when my Speedsters go off
halfway though the race.<br><br>
I've been fighting the tire battle for almost 10 years at this point,
it's not getting better.<br><br>
Tony Drews<br><br>
At 08:52 PM 5/26/2016, John Hasty wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=3Dcite class=3Dcite cite=3D"">Content-Language: en-US<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>
boundary=3D&quot;_000_F4B338FE9635B14C903076FEC6B0E2A5AC164D13ATLPEXDAG005xc=
l_&quot;<br>
<br>
I just found out that SVRA no longer approves Yokahama A048
tires.&nbsp;&nbsp; Seems they have adopted a rule that any tire with a
UTQG rating of over 100 is not acceptable regardless of size or group
classification.&nbsp; Since most all of the other sanction clubs use the
SVRA tire rules it is important to us all.&nbsp; That leaves&nbsp; those
of us with 15=94 rims and a&nbsp; 60 profile requirement with only one tire
that is legal, Hoosier Speedsters.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This is something we
should try and get them to change.&nbsp; UTQG ratings brought about by
Gov. DOT regs is not a equal comparison of the =93stickiness=94 of tires
between manufacturers, it only relates to the comparison of compounds
within any given tire manufacturer and is not an equal comparison between
different manufactures.&nbsp; For example a Toyo 888 with a UTQG rating
of 100 is not comparable to a Yokahama A048 with a UTQG of 60 just
because of the rating..&nbsp; One cannot say that the Yokahama is more
=93sticky=94 than the Toyo just because of the UTQG ratings.&nbsp; The UTQG
ratings of Yokahama tires only compares the =93stickiness=94 between the A04=
8
and other Yokahama tires.&nbsp; The process involves a manufacturer
running a few thousand miles on a test track in Texas with what ever tire
they choose as their base model, measuring the tread wear and then
testing their other compounds in the same manner.&nbsp; If the other
compound tires equal the base test tire=92s wear&nbsp; they are rated UTQG
100, if the wear is more they are rated less than 100 or less more than
100.&nbsp; So if a manufacturer chooses a softer compound as their base
tire their performance tires end up with a higher&nbsp; UTQG
rating.&nbsp; Who knows if Yokahama and TOYO used base tires with the
same compound.&nbsp; Based on the performance of the Toyo tires I would
say they are more or less equal to the Yokahamas regardless of their UTQG
ratings. [{Toyo does not offer a 205 60 15]Of course, every where
else&nbsp; in the world 50 profile tires are allowed which would give use
a better selection, Toyo for instance and I understand that Avon may also
have a 205 50 15 tire.&nbsp; I now relinquish the soap box to those of
you that may want to comment=85.Cheers!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
John H. Hasty |<b> MULLEN HOLLAND &amp; COOPER P.A.</b><br>
301 South York Street&nbsp; (zip: 28052) <br>
P.O. Box 488 <br>
Gastonia, NC 28053-0488 <br>
Telephone: 704.864.6751 | Facsimile: 704.861.8394 <br>
<u><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></u> |
<a href=3D"http://www.mhc-law.com/" eudora=3D"autourl"><u>www.mhc-law.com</a=
</u> <br>
<hr>
<div align=3D"center"></div>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent
by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is
confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or
disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have
received this message in error, please delete this message and any
attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the
sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on
the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the
attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this
communication.<br><br>
Thank you for your cooperation.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency. We help people
file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent
by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is
confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or
disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have
received this message in error, please delete this message and any
attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the
sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on
the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the
attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank
you for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt
relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the
federal Bankruptcy Code. <br>
_______________________________________________<br>
[email-masked]<br><br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" eudora=3D"autourl">
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>
Donate:
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" eudora=3D"autourl">
Archive:
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" eudora=3D"autourl">
Forums:
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" eudora=3D"autourl">
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" eud=
ora=3D"autourl">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a>
</blockquote></body>
<br>
</html>

--===============2428726295994012306==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2428726295994012306==--

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 09:21:38 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6987739931118770602==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0040_01D1B7F9.2D005030"
Content-Language: de

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D1B7F9.2D005030
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Tony,

=20

Yokos are really hard to get now.

I=92ve ordered a set of 4 for the next race at Spa but I=92m not sure if =
I get
some and they are rated =93not for highway use=94.

Really a pain with these tires. Avon has a historic type tire which has
almost the same speed as the Yokos but for about double price.

Really not sure what to do on tires if Yokos are not available anymore.

=20

Cheers

Chris

=20

Von: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Tony Drews
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. Mai 2016 08:20
An: John Hasty; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [Fot] Tires

=20

I just ran with SVRA and while they didn't say anything about the =
Yoko's,
they were very picky about things that were non-issues in the past.  =
Like me
2.5 year old SFI rated seatbelts that they only allow to run for 2 =
years.
Everyone else allows 5+ years.  I've got some new FIA belts (they allow =
5
years for those) for an extra couple of bills waiting to be installed =
now.
Also spent $140 getting my Hans re-certified, no one else has ever even
looked at that.  There were some other nit-picky things that just =
irritated
me to no end.  I don't do this to get hassled, I do this to have fun.  =
The
guy I was paddocked with has a very period correct car and they stuff =
they
wanted him to do to get their "era correct" designation was just =
ridiculous.
Gauges looked "too modern", needed to be replaced.  Unbelievable.  If =
they
want me to run with them they'll let me run Yoko's, but I'm not nearly =
as
inclined to go to their events now.

What we really need is the ability to go plus 1 or plus 2 and run some =
50
series tires since the selection for 15" is so dismal.

Yoko may make the choice for us, others have reported that they are =
phasing
out the A048 and the replacement tire isn't coming in 15" / 60 series.

halfway though the race.

I've been fighting the tire battle for almost 10 years at this point, =
it's
not getting better.

Tony Drews

At 08:52 PM 5/26/2016, John Hasty wrote:

Content-Language: en-US
=20
boundary=3D"_000_F4B338FE9635B14C903076FEC6B0E2A5AC164D13ATLPEXDAG005xcl_=
"

I just found out that SVRA no longer approves Yokahama A048 tires.   =
Seems
they have adopted a rule that any tire with a UTQG rating of over 100 is =
not
acceptable regardless of size or group classification.  Since most all =
of
the other sanction clubs use the SVRA tire rules it is important to us =
all.
That leaves  those of us with 15=94 rims and a  60 profile requirement =
with
only one tire that is legal, Hoosier Speedsters.    This is something we
should try and get them to change.  UTQG ratings brought about by Gov. =
DOT
regs is not a equal comparison of the =93stickiness=94 of tires between
manufacturers, it only relates to the comparison of compounds within any
given tire manufacturer and is not an equal comparison between different
manufactures.  For example a Toyo 888 with a UTQG rating of 100 is not
comparable to a Yokahama A048 with a UTQG of 60 just because of the =
rating..
One cannot say that the Yokahama is more =93sticky=94 than the Toyo just =
because
of the UTQG ratings.  The UTQG ratings of Yokahama tires only compares =
the
=93stickiness=94 between the A048 and other Yokahama tires.  The process
involves a manufacturer running a few thousand miles on a test track in
Texas with what ever tire they choose as their base model, measuring the
tread wear and then testing their other compounds in the same manner.  =
If
the other compound tires equal the base test tire=92s wear  they are =
rated
UTQG 100, if the wear is more they are rated less than 100 or less more =
than
100.  So if a manufacturer chooses a softer compound as their base tire
their performance tires end up with a higher  UTQG rating.  Who knows if
Yokahama and TOYO used base tires with the same compound.  Based on the
performance of the Toyo tires I would say they are more or less equal to =
the
Yokahamas regardless of their UTQG ratings. [{Toyo does not offer a 205 =
60
15]Of course, every where else  in the world 50 profile tires are =
allowed
which would give use a better selection, Toyo for instance and I =
understand
that Avon may also have a 205 50 15 tire.  I now relinquish the soap box =
to
those of you that may want to comment=85.Cheers!
=20
John H. Hasty | MULLEN HOLLAND & COOPER P.A.
301 South York Street  (zip: 28052)=20
P.O. Box 488=20
Gastonia, NC 28053-0488=20
Telephone: 704.864.6751 | Facsimile: 704.861.8394=20
[email-masked] | www.mhc-law.com <http://www.mhc-law.com/> =20

  _____ =20

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent =
by a
law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is =
confidential,
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If =
you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any
part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in =
error,
please delete this message and any attachments from your system without
reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent
transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any
privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to =
this
communication.

Thank you for your cooperation.
=20
11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency. We help people =
file
for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.
=20
=20
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent =
by a
law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is =
confidential,
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If =
you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any
part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in =
error,
please delete this message and any attachments from your system without
reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent
transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any
privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to =
this
communication. Thank you for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) =
NOTICE.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief =
under
the federal Bankruptcy Code.=20
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com <http://www.fot-racing.com/>=20

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D1B7F9.2D005030
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word =
12 (filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.E-MailFormatvorlage17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DDE link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Tony,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Yokos are really hard to get now.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>I&#8217;ve ordered a set of 4 for the next race at Spa but I&#8217;m =
not sure if I get some and they are rated &#8220;not for highway =
use&#8221;.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Really a pain with these tires. Avon has a historic type tire which =
has almost the same speed as the Yokos but for about double =
price.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Really not sure what to do on tires if Yokos are not available =
anymore.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Cheers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Chris<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>Von:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>Im Auftrag von </b>Tony =
Drews<br><b>Gesendet:</b> Freitag, 27. Mai 2016 08:20<br><b>An:</b> John =
Hasty; [email-masked]<br><b>Betreff:</b> Re: [Fot] =
Tires<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I just ran =
with SVRA and while they didn't say anything about the Yoko's, they were =
very picky about things that were non-issues in the past.&nbsp; Like me =
2.5 year old SFI rated seatbelts that they only allow to run for 2 =
years.&nbsp; Everyone else allows 5+ years.&nbsp; I've got some new FIA =
belts (they allow 5 years for those) for an extra couple of bills =
waiting to be installed now.&nbsp; Also spent $140 getting my Hans =
re-certified, no one else has ever even looked at that.&nbsp; There were =
some other nit-picky things that just irritated me to no end.&nbsp; I =
don't do this to get hassled, I do this to have fun.&nbsp; The guy I was =
paddocked with has a very period correct car and they stuff they wanted =
him to do to get their &quot;era correct&quot; designation was just =
ridiculous.&nbsp; Gauges looked &quot;too modern&quot;, needed to be =
replaced.&nbsp; Unbelievable.&nbsp; If they want me to run with them =
they'll let me run Yoko's, but I'm not nearly as inclined to go to their =
events now.<br><br>What we really need is the ability to go plus 1 or =
plus 2 and run some 50 series tires since the selection for 15&quot; is =
so dismal.<br><br>Yoko may make the choice for us, others have reported =
that they are phasing out the A048 and the replacement tire isn't coming =
in 15&quot; / 60 series.<br><br>On the other hand if everyone has to run =
speedsters I won't get my ass handed to me by guys running better =
radials when my Speedsters go off halfway though the race.<br><br>I've =
been fighting the tire battle for almost 10 years at this point, it's =
not getting better.<br><br>Tony Drews<br><br>At 08:52 PM 5/26/2016, John =
Hasty wrote:<br><br><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Content-Language: en-US<br>Content-Type: =
multipart/alternative;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
; =
boundary=3D&quot;_000_F4B338FE9635B14C903076FEC6B0E2A5AC164D13ATLPEXDAG00=
5xcl_&quot;<br><br>I just found out that SVRA no longer approves =
Yokahama A048 tires.&nbsp;&nbsp; Seems they have adopted a rule that any =
tire with a UTQG rating of over 100 is not acceptable regardless of size =
or group classification.&nbsp; Since most all of the other sanction =
clubs use the SVRA tire rules it is important to us all.&nbsp; That =
leaves&nbsp; those of us with 15&#8221; rims and a&nbsp; 60 profile =
requirement with only one tire that is legal, Hoosier =
Speedsters.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This is something we should try and get =
them to change.&nbsp; UTQG ratings brought about by Gov. DOT regs is not =
a equal comparison of the &#8220;stickiness&#8221; of tires between =
manufacturers, it only relates to the comparison of compounds within any =
given tire manufacturer and is not an equal comparison between different =
manufactures.&nbsp; For example a Toyo 888 with a UTQG rating of 100 is =
not comparable to a Yokahama A048 with a UTQG of 60 just because of the =
rating..&nbsp; One cannot say that the Yokahama is more =
&#8220;sticky&#8221; than the Toyo just because of the UTQG =
ratings.&nbsp; The UTQG ratings of Yokahama tires only compares the =
&#8220;stickiness&#8221; between the A048 and other Yokahama =
tires.&nbsp; The process involves a manufacturer running a few thousand =
miles on a test track in Texas with what ever tire they choose as their =
base model, measuring the tread wear and then testing their other =
compounds in the same manner.&nbsp; If the other compound tires equal =
the base test tire&#8217;s wear&nbsp; they are rated UTQG 100, if the =
wear is more they are rated less than 100 or less more than 100.&nbsp; =
So if a manufacturer chooses a softer compound as their base tire their =
performance tires end up with a higher&nbsp; UTQG rating.&nbsp; Who =
knows if Yokahama and TOYO used base tires with the same compound.&nbsp; =
Based on the performance of the Toyo tires I would say they are more or =
less equal to the Yokahamas regardless of their UTQG ratings. [{Toyo =
does not offer a 205 60 15]Of course, every where else&nbsp; in the =
world 50 profile tires are allowed which would give use a better =
selection, Toyo for instance and I understand that Avon may also have a =
205 50 15 tire.&nbsp; I now relinquish the soap box to those of you that =
may want to comment&#8230;.Cheers!<br>&nbsp;<br>John H. Hasty |<b> =
MULLEN HOLLAND &amp; COOPER P.A.</b><br>301 South York Street&nbsp; =
(zip: 28052) <br>P.O. Box 488 <br>Gastonia, NC 28053-0488 <br>Telephone: =
704.864.6751 | Facsimile: 704.861.8394 <br><u><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></u> | <a =
href=3D"http://www.mhc-law.com/">www.mhc-law.com</a><u> =
</u><o:p></o:p></p><div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center'><hr size=3D2 width=3D"100%" =
align=3Dcenter></div><p class=3DMsoNormal>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This =
electronic mail transmission has been sent by a law firm on a legal =
matter. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged, =
proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not =
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not =
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any =
part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in =
error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system =
without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the =
inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender =
to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that =
may attach to this communication.<br><br>Thank you for your =
cooperation.<br>&nbsp;<br>11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt =
relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the =
federal Bankruptcy Code.<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: =
This electronic mail transmission has been sent by a law firm on a legal =
matter. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged, =
proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not =
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not =
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any =
part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in =
error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system =
without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the =
inadvertent transmission. There is no intent on the part of the sender =
to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that =
may attach to this communication. Thank you for your cooperation. 11 =
U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency. We help people =
file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code. =
<br>_______________________________________________<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>=
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>F=
orums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">htt=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a> =
<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D1B7F9.2D005030--

--===============6987739931118770602==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6987739931118770602==--

---

From: Paul Ricco <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 08:39:15 -0500

--===============2788528942427132069==

--Apple-Mail=_9B51DDC9-5A02-4CB4-810E-3D1F31F92D84
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

It is my opinion that SVRA is also trying to feed the vendors that they =
are bringing to the track.  The Road America event was very poorly =
attended.  They had 2 tire companies present; Bob Woodman and Sasco.   =
Additionally, they had Simpson there.   Over the years we have run many =
events, with much higher attendance.  There would be one tire company =
present, if that.  Woodman and Sasco work together and will mount each =
others tires, so that the do not both have to be in the same place.  If =
SVRA wants those companies at the events, they need to feed them =
business or they will stop going.  It is pretty convenient to make =
entrants change things at the track, because the only choice will be =
their vendors if you want to race that weekend.

In speaking with SVRA for a long time at a couple of events, it has =
become apparent that they are very focused on how things look that =
spectators can see. Tires are very visible.  My guess is that the tire =
issue is being driven by the fact that they do not look like =E2=80=9Cold =
tires=E2=80=9D, as much as it is being driven by the traction ratings.  =
The ratings are a convenient way to eliminate a certain group of tires.=20=

Paul Ricco
Mobile: (813)716-1931
[email-masked] =
www.meridiandealerservices.com <http://www.meridiandealerservices.com/>

> On May 27, 2016, at 1:19 AM, Tony Drews <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
Yoko's, they were very picky about things that were non-issues in the =
past.  Like me 2.5 year old SFI rated seatbelts that they only allow to =
run for 2 years.  Everyone else allows 5+ years.  I've got some new FIA =
belts (they allow 5 years for those) for an extra couple of bills =
waiting to be installed now.  Also spent $140 getting my Hans =
re-certified, no one else has ever even looked at that.  There were some =
other nit-picky things that just irritated me to no end.  I don't do =
this to get hassled, I do this to have fun.  The guy I was paddocked =
with has a very period correct car and they stuff they wanted him to do =
to get their "era correct" designation was just ridiculous.  Gauges =
looked "too modern", needed to be replaced.  Unbelievable.  If they want =
me to run with them they'll let me run Yoko's, but I'm not nearly as =
inclined to go to their events now.
> What we really need is the ability to go plus 1 or plus 2 and run some =
50 series tires since the selection for 15" is so dismal.
> Yoko may make the choice for us, others have reported that they are =
phasing out the A048 and the replacement tire isn't coming in 15" / 60 =
series.
>=20
> On the other hand if everyone has to run speedsters I won't get my ass =
handed to me by guys running better radials when my Speedsters go off =
halfway though the race.
> I've been fighting the tire battle for almost 10 years at this point, =
it's not getting better.
>> Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
>>          =
boundary=3D"_000_F4B338FE9635B14C903076FEC6B0E2A5AC164D13ATLPEXDAG005xcl_"=

>> I just found out that SVRA no longer approves Yokahama A048 tires.   =
Seems they have adopted a rule that any tire with a UTQG rating of over =
100 is not acceptable regardless of size or group classification.  Since =
most all of the other sanction clubs use the SVRA tire rules it is =
important to us all.  That leaves  those of us with 15=C2=94 rims and a  =
60 profile requirement with only one tire that is legal, Hoosier =
Speedsters.    This is something we should try and get them to change.  =
UTQG ratings brought about by Gov. DOT regs is not a equal comparison of =
the =C2=93stickiness=C2=94 of tires between manufacturers, it only =
relates to the comparison of compounds within any given tire =
manufacturer and is not an equal comparison between different =
manufactures.  For example a Toyo 888 with a UTQG rating of 100 is not =
comparable to a Yokahama A048 with a UTQG of 60 just because of the =
rating..  One cannot say that the Yokahama is more =C2=93sticky=C2=94 =
than the Toyo just because of the UTQG ratings.  The UTQG ratings of =
Yokahama tires only compares the =C2=93stickiness=C2=94 between the A048 =
and other Yokahama tires.  The process involves a manufacturer running a =
few thousand miles on a test track in Texas with what ever tire they =
choose as their base model, measuring the tread wear and then testing =
their other compounds in the same manner.  If the other compound tires =
equal the base test tire=C2=92s wear  they are rated UTQG 100, if the =
wear is more they are rated less than 100 or less more than 100.  So if =
a manufacturer chooses a softer compound as their base tire their =
performance tires end up with a higher  UTQG rating.  Who knows if =
Yokahama and TOYO used base tires with the same compound.  Based on the =
performance of the Toyo tires I would say they are more or less equal to =
the Yokahamas regardless of their UTQG ratings. [{Toyo does not offer a =
205 60 15]Of course, every where else  in the world 50 profile tires are =
allowed which would give use a better selection, Toyo for instance and I =
understand that Avon may also have a 205 50 15 tire.  I now relinquish =
the soap box to those of you that may want to comment=C2=85>> .Cheers!
>> Telephone: 704.864.6751 | Facsimile: 704.861.8394=20
<http://www.mhc-law.com/>=20
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been =
sent by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is =
confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from =
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby =
notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or =
disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you =
have received this message in error, please delete this message and any =
attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the =
sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent =
on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the =
attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.
>> 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency. We help =
people file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.
>> =20
>> =20
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been =
sent by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is =
confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from =
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby =
notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or =
disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you =
have received this message in error, please delete this message and any =
attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the =
sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent =
on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the =
attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank =
you for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt =
relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the =
federal Bankruptcy Code.=20
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive <http://www.team.net/archive>
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_9B51DDC9-5A02-4CB4-810E-3D1F31F92D84
	type="text/html";
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_D81AB10C-85D7-46EE-AFF4-B33E3207F2E6"

--Apple-Mail=_D81AB10C-85D7-46EE-AFF4-B33E3207F2E6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">It is my opinion that SVRA is also trying to feed the vendors =
that they are bringing to the track. &nbsp;The Road America event was =
very poorly attended. &nbsp;They had 2 tire companies present; Bob =
Woodman and Sasco. &nbsp; Additionally, they had Simpson there. &nbsp; =
Over the years we have run many events, with much higher attendance. =
&nbsp;There would be one tire company present, if that. &nbsp;Woodman =
and Sasco work together and will mount each others tires, so that the do =
not both have to be in the same place. &nbsp;If SVRA wants those =
companies at the events, they need to feed them business or they will =
stop going. &nbsp;It is pretty convenient to make entrants change things =
at the track, because the only choice will be their vendors if you want =
to race that weekend.<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">In speaking with SVRA for a long time at a couple of events, =
it has become apparent that they are very focused on how things look =
that spectators can see. Tires are very visible. &nbsp;My guess is that =
the tire issue is being driven by the fact that they do not look like =
=E2=80=9Cold tires=E2=80=9D, as much as it is being driven by the =
traction ratings. &nbsp;The ratings are a convenient way to eliminate a =
certain group of tires.&nbsp;<br class=3D""><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""><div class=3D"">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
22px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; line-height: normal;" =
class=3D"">Paul Ricco</div><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; line-height: normal;" class=3D"">Mobile: =
(813)716-1931</div><div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
line-height: normal;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a></div><div =
style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 22px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; line-height: normal;" =
class=3D""><a href=3D"http://www.meridiandealerservices.com" =
class=3D"">www.meridiandealerservices.com</a></div><div style=3D"color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 22px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; line-height: normal;" class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><span><img =
height=3D"92" width=3D"263" apple-inline=3D"yes" =
id=3D"A6341E9B-CF44-420E-B03B-9C6A0B37DD0A" apple-width=3D"yes" =
apple-height=3D"yes" src=3D"cid:180B138D-7669-45D2-B01A-052F3B12F499" =
class=3D""></span>
</div>
<br class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On May 27, 2016, at 1:19 AM, Tony Drews &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D"">
<div class=3D"">
I just ran with SVRA and while they didn't say anything about the =
Yoko's,
they were very picky about things that were non-issues in the =
past.&nbsp;
Like me 2.5 year old SFI rated seatbelts that they only allow to run for
2 years.&nbsp; Everyone else allows 5+ years.&nbsp; I've got some new =
FIA
belts (they allow 5 years for those) for an extra couple of bills =
waiting
to be installed now.&nbsp; Also spent $140 getting my Hans re-certified,
no one else has ever even looked at that.&nbsp; There were some other
nit-picky things that just irritated me to no end.&nbsp; I don't do this
to get hassled, I do this to have fun.&nbsp; The guy I was paddocked =
with
has a very period correct car and they stuff they wanted him to do to =
get
their "era correct" designation was just ridiculous.&nbsp;
Gauges looked "too modern", needed to be replaced.&nbsp;
Unbelievable.&nbsp; If they want me to run with them they'll let me run
Yoko's, but I'm not nearly as inclined to go to their events
now.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">
What we really need is the ability to go plus 1 or plus 2 and run some =
50
series tires since the selection for 15" is so dismal.<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">
Yoko may make the choice for us, others have reported that they are
phasing out the A048 and the replacement tire isn't coming in 15" /
60 series.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">
On the other hand if everyone has to run speedsters I won't get my ass
handed to me by guys running better radials when my Speedsters go off
halfway though the race.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">
I've been fighting the tire battle for almost 10 years at this point,
it's not getting better.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">
Tony Drews<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">
At 08:52 PM 5/26/2016, John Hasty wrote:<br class=3D"">
<blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D"cite" cite=3D"">Content-Language: =
en-US<br class=3D"">
<x-tab class=3D"">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>=

=
boundary=3D"_000_F4B338FE9635B14C903076FEC6B0E2A5AC164D13ATLPEXDAG005xcl_"=
<br class=3D"">
<br class=3D"">
I just found out that SVRA no longer approves Yokahama A048
tires.&nbsp;&nbsp; Seems they have adopted a rule that any tire with a
UTQG rating of over 100 is not acceptable regardless of size or group
classification.&nbsp; Since most all of the other sanction clubs use the
SVRA tire rules it is important to us all.&nbsp; That leaves&nbsp; those
of us with 15=C2=94 rims and a&nbsp; 60 profile requirement with only =
one tire
that is legal, Hoosier Speedsters.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This is something =
we
should try and get them to change.&nbsp; UTQG ratings brought about by
Gov. DOT regs is not a equal comparison of the =C2=93stickiness=C2=94 of =
tires
between manufacturers, it only relates to the comparison of compounds
within any given tire manufacturer and is not an equal comparison =
between
different manufactures.&nbsp; For example a Toyo 888 with a UTQG rating
of 100 is not comparable to a Yokahama A048 with a UTQG of 60 just
because of the rating..&nbsp; One cannot say that the Yokahama is more
=C2=93sticky=C2=94 than the Toyo just because of the UTQG ratings.&nbsp; =
The UTQG
ratings of Yokahama tires only compares the =C2=93stickiness=C2=94 =
between the A048
and other Yokahama tires.&nbsp; The process involves a manufacturer
running a few thousand miles on a test track in Texas with what ever =
tire
they choose as their base model, measuring the tread wear and then
testing their other compounds in the same manner.&nbsp; If the other
compound tires equal the base test tire=C2=92s wear&nbsp; they are rated =
UTQG
100, if the wear is more they are rated less than 100 or less more than
100.&nbsp; So if a manufacturer chooses a softer compound as their base
tire their performance tires end up with a higher&nbsp; UTQG
rating.&nbsp; Who knows if Yokahama and TOYO used base tires with the
same compound.&nbsp; Based on the performance of the Toyo tires I would
say they are more or less equal to the Yokahamas regardless of their =
UTQG
ratings. [{Toyo does not offer a 205 60 15]Of course, every where
else&nbsp; in the world 50 profile tires are allowed which would give =
use
a better selection, Toyo for instance and I understand that Avon may =
also
have a 205 50 15 tire.&nbsp; I now relinquish the soap box to those of
you that may want to comment=C2=85.Cheers!<br class=3D"">
&nbsp;<br class=3D"">
John H. Hasty |<b class=3D""> MULLEN HOLLAND &amp; COOPER P.A.</b><br =
class=3D"">
301 South York Street&nbsp; (zip: 28052) <br class=3D"">
P.O. Box 488 <br class=3D"">
Gastonia, NC 28053-0488 <br class=3D"">
Telephone: 704.864.6751 | Facsimile: 704.861.8394 <br class=3D"">
<u class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a></u> |
<a href=3D"http://www.mhc-law.com/" eudora=3D"autourl" class=3D""><u =
class=3D"">www.mhc-law.com</u></a><u class=3D"">
</u> <br class=3D"">
<hr class=3D"">
<div align=3D"center" class=3D""></div>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent
by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is
confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or
disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you =
have
received this message in error, please delete this message and any
attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the
sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent =
on
the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the
attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this
communication.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">
Thank you for your cooperation.<br class=3D"">
&nbsp;<br class=3D"">
11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt relief agency. We help people
file for bankruptcy relief under the federal Bankruptcy Code.<br =
class=3D"">
&nbsp;<br class=3D"">
&nbsp;<br class=3D"">
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent
by a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is
confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or
disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you =
have
received this message in error, please delete this message and any
attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the
sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. There is no intent =
on
the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the
attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank
you for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt
relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the
federal Bankruptcy Code. <br class=3D"">
_______________________________________________<br class=3D"">
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br=
 class=3D""><br class=3D"">
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" eudora=3D"autourl" class=3D"">
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D"">
Donate:
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" eudora=3D"autourl" class=3D"">=

Archive:
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" eudora=3D"autourl" class=3D"">
Forums:
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" eudora=3D"autourl" class=3D"">
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br class=3D"">
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" =
eudora=3D"autourl" class=3D"">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a>
</blockquote></div>
<br class=3D"">

_______________________________________________<br class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">http://www.fot-racing.com<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br class=3D"">Archive: =
http://www.team.net/forums<br class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_D81AB10C-85D7-46EE-AFF4-B33E3207F2E6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename="Meridian_Logo-Tagline_CMYK Small.jpg"
	name="Meridian_Logo-Tagline_CMYK Small.jpg"
Content-Id: <180B138D-7669-45D2-B01A-052F3B12F499>

--Apple-Mail=_D81AB10C-85D7-46EE-AFF4-B33E3207F2E6--

--Apple-Mail=_9B51DDC9-5A02-4CB4-810E-3D1F31F92D84--

--===============2788528942427132069==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2788528942427132069==--

---

From: John Styduhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 13:30:58 -0400

--===============3300192664558641578==

--001a1137dd36120d230533d645a0

I run the Speedster exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire
selection to this tire is fine with me.  It could make me more competitive,
which is also fine with me.

--001a1137dd36120d230533d645a0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">I r=
un the Speedster exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire selection =
to this tire is fine with me.=C2=A0 It could make me more competitive, whic=
h is also fine with me.=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote"><br></div></div></div>

--001a1137dd36120d230533d645a0--

--===============3300192664558641578==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3300192664558641578==--

---

From: "Terry Stetler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 18:22:20 -0400 <CAMJWJcEjYZJNkE-afLp4S0GStrCZH_-tidLOsn=oRgjzo=[email-masked]>

--===============4450689438312043363==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0047_01D1B844.B5323B30"

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D1B844.B5323B30
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

  =20
I was not going to weigh in on this, but, I couldn't help myself...

=20

Speaking strictly as a maintainer of a very fast TR (thanks Glen and =
Jeff), my limited on track experience long behind me, what is the =
problem with a defacto "spec" tire?

=20

The Speedster is a very good tire, we have never had them "fall off" in =
a session.   The things just work, and are far better than the old =
Vintage TDs could ever hope to be.  Sure they take some driving style =
adjustments, but any change you make to the car will cause you to adjust =
to that change.

=20

Now that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite frankly, we are not =
racing for money, a National Championship, or for cash from a long dead =
manufacturer.  We do this for fun, because we love it.  Yes?

=20

If everyone is on the same tire, so what?   It's still racing, there =
will still be one of you guys on the top of the podium, and everyone =
else trying to figure out how to get there, just like it is now.  And at =
the end of the day will we not still be=20

Friends of Triumph?  Of course we will.

=20

My two pence.

=20

Terry Stetler=20

----- Original Message -----=20

Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 1:30 PM

Subject: Re: [Fot] Tires

I run the Speedster exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire =
selection to this tire is fine with me.  It could make me more =
competitive, which is also fine with me.=20

http://www.fot-racing.com<http://www.fot-racing.com/>

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<http://www.team.net/archive>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D1B844.B5323B30
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html;charset=3Dutf-8"> =

<STYLE></STYLE>
=20
<META name=3D"GENERATOR" content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.18315"></HEAD>=20
<BODY id=3D"MailContainerBody" topmargin=3D"0" leftmargin=3D"0" =
style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px; =
font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: =
normal; text-decoration: none;"=20
acc_role=3D"text" canvastabstop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message =
area"><!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" /><?xml:namespace =
prefix=3D"o" /><![endif]-->
<DIV>
<DIV>I was not going to weigh in on this, but, I couldn't help =
myself...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Speaking strictly as a maintainer of a very fast TR (thanks Glen =
and=20
Jeff),&nbsp;my limited on track experience long behind me, what is the =
problem=20
with a defacto "spec" tire?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Speedster is a very good tire, we have never had them "fall=20
off"&nbsp;in a session.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The&nbsp;things just work, and =
are far=20
better than the old Vintage TDs could ever hope to be.&nbsp; Sure they =
take some=20
driving style adjustments, but any change you make to the car will cause =
you to=20
adjust to that change.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Now&nbsp;that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite frankly, =
we are=20
not racing for money, a National Championship, or for cash from =
a&nbsp;long dead=20
manufacturer.&nbsp; We do this for fun, because we love it.&nbsp; =
Yes?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If everyone is on the same tire, so what?&nbsp;&nbsp; It's still =
racing,=20
there will still be one of you guys on the top of the podium, and =
everyone else=20
trying to figure out how to get there, just&nbsp;like it is =
now.&nbsp;&nbsp;And=20
at the end of the&nbsp;day will&nbsp;we not still be </DIV>
<DIV>Friends of Triumph?&nbsp; Of course we will.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My two pence.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Terry Stetler&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 5px; border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
border-left-width: 2px; border-left-style: solid;">
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;">-----=20
  Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">John=20
  Styduhar</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>To:</B>=20
  <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">John=20
  Hasty</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>Cc:</B>=20
  <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>Sent:</B>=20
  Friday, May 27, 2016 1:30 PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>Subject:</B>=20
  Re: [Fot] Tires</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV dir=3D"ltr">
  <DIV class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size: small;">I run the =
Speedster=20
  exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire selection to this tire =
is fine=20
  with me.&nbsp; It could make me more competitive, which is also fine =
with=20
  me.&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV class=3D"gmail_extra"><BR>
  <DIV=20
  =
class=3D"gmail_quote"><BR></DIV></DIV></DIV>_____________________________=
__________________<BR><A=20
  title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A><BR><BR><A =
title=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/"=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</A><BR><BR>D=
onate:=20
  <A title=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A><BR>Archive:=20
  <A title=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A><BR>F=
orums:=20
  <A title=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A><BR>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage:=20
  =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<BR><BR><BR></B=
LOCKQUOTE></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D1B844.B5323B30--

--===============4450689438312043363==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4450689438312043363==--

---

From: Steven Belfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 19:36:38 -0700

--===============3617227739173901866==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-616696B6-7726-4DE0-AEC9-CAA1F695A19C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-616696B6-7726-4DE0-AEC9-CAA1F695A19C
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Other Marques with 13 or 14" wheels have a wider selection of sticky rubber.=
 It's not a spec tire unless every car has the same thing.=20

~Steve

> On May 27, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Terry Stetler <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Speaking strictly as a maintainer of a very fast TR (thanks Glen and Jeff)=
, my limited on track experience long behind me, what is the problem with a d=
efacto "spec" tire?
> =20
> The Speedster is a very good tire, we have never had them "fall off" in a s=
ession.   The things just work, and are far better than the old Vintage TDs c=
ould ever hope to be.  Sure they take some driving style adjustments, but an=
y change you make to the car will cause you to adjust to that change.
> =20
> Now that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite frankly, we are not ra=
cing for money, a National Championship, or for cash from a long dead manufa=
cturer.  We do this for fun, because we love it.  Yes?
> =20
> If everyone is on the same tire, so what?   It's still racing, there will s=
till be one of you guys on the top of the podium, and everyone else trying t=
o figure out how to get there, just like it is now.  And at the end of the d=
ay will we not still be
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: John Styduhar
> To: John Hasty
> Cc: [email-masked]
> I run the Speedster exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire select=
ion to this tire is fine with me.  It could make me more competitive, which i=
s also fine with me.=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tlizzard@msn=
.com
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/steve@artwit=
hcars.com

--Apple-Mail-616696B6-7726-4DE0-AEC9-CAA1F695A19C
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>Other Marques with 13 or 14" wheels have a wider selection of sticky rubber. It's not a spec tire unless every car has the same thing.&nbsp;<br><br>~Steve<div><br></div></div><div><br>On May 27, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Terry Stetler &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"> 
<style></style>
 
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.9600.18315"> 
<!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]-->
<div>
<div>I was not going to weigh in on this, but, I couldn't help myself...</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Speaking strictly as a maintainer of a very fast TR (thanks Glen and 
Jeff),&nbsp;my limited on track experience long behind me, what is the problem 
with a defacto "spec" tire?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>The Speedster is a very good tire, we have never had them "fall 
off"&nbsp;in a session.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The&nbsp;things just work, and are far 
better than the old Vintage TDs could ever hope to be.&nbsp; Sure they take some 
driving style adjustments, but any change you make to the car will cause you to 
adjust to that change.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Now&nbsp;that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite frankly, we are 
not racing for money, a National Championship, or for cash from a&nbsp;long dead 
manufacturer.&nbsp; We do this for fun, because we love it.&nbsp; Yes?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>If everyone is on the same tire, so what?&nbsp;&nbsp; It's still racing, 
there will still be one of you guys on the top of the podium, and everyone else 
trying to figure out how to get there, just&nbsp;like it is now.&nbsp;&nbsp;And 
at the end of the&nbsp;day will&nbsp;we not still be </div>
<div>Friends of Triumph?&nbsp; Of course we will.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>My two pence.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Terry Stetler&nbsp;</div>
<blockquote style="padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 5px; border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-left-width: 2px; border-left-style: solid;">
  <div style="font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">----- 
  Original Message ----- </div>
  <div style="font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"><b>From:</b> 
  <a title="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">John 
  Styduhar</a> </div>
  <div style="font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"><b>To:</b> 
  <a title="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">John 
  Hasty</a> </div>
  <div style="font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"><b>Cc:</b> 
  <a title="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> </div>
  <div style="font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"><b>Sent:</b> 
  Friday, May 27, 2016 1:30 PM</div>
  <div style="font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"><b>Subject:</b> 
  Re: [Fot] Tires</div>
  <div><br></div>
  <div dir="ltr">
  <div class="gmail_default" style="font-size: small;">I run the Speedster 
  exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire selection to this tire is fine 
  with me.&nbsp; It could make me more competitive, which is also fine with 
  me.&nbsp;</div>
  <div class="gmail_extra"><br>
  <div class="gmail_quote"><br></div></div></div>_______________________________________________<br><a title="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br><a title="http://www.fot-racing.com/" href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>Donate: 
  <a title="http://www.team.net/donate.html" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: 
  <a title="http://www.team.net/archive" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: 
  <a title="http://www.team.net/forums" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
  <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br><br><br></blockquote></div>
</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br><span><a href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-616696B6-7726-4DE0-AEC9-CAA1F695A19C--

--===============3617227739173901866==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3617227739173901866==--

---

From: Bill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 20:41:20 -0700

--===============2194092286329662240==

--Apple-Mail=_A3412A5C-CA7F-46D5-855F-689F0C7032D6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

Well said.

Of course in our neck of the woods there=E2=80=99s a lot of folks that =
think everyone should be on TDs, because they are vintage tires and =
Speedsters are not. I=E2=80=99ve raced a lot on both. I like speedsters. =
Not just because they are faster, but because they work well for a long =
time. They fall off a little after the second or third time on the =
track, but that=E2=80=99s about it. Somewhere around the end of the =
season they start losing more seconds, and it=E2=80=99s time to go. I =
never wear them out unless I flat spot them.=20

Tbs on the other hand, start losing time right away, and never stop. By =
the third time on track they=E2=80=99ve lost two seconds, and they keep =
going. No thanks. I don=E2=80=99t do this to be limited by my tires.=20
> =20
> The Speedster is a very good tire, we have never had them "fall off" =
in a session.   The things just work, and are far better than the old =
Vintage TDs could ever hope to be.  Sure they take some driving style =
adjustments, but any change you make to the car will cause you to adjust =
to that change.
> =20
> Now that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite frankly, we are =
not racing for money, a National Championship, or for cash from a long =
dead manufacturer.  We do this for fun, because we love it.  Yes?
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_A3412A5C-CA7F-46D5-855F-689F0C7032D6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Well said.<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">Of course in our neck of the woods there=E2=80=99s a lot of =
folks that think everyone should be on TDs, because they are vintage =
tires and Speedsters are not. I=E2=80=99ve raced a lot on both. I like =
speedsters. Not just because they are faster, but because they work well =
for a long time. They fall off a little after the second or third time =
on the track, but that=E2=80=99s about it. Somewhere around the end of =
the season they start losing more seconds, and it=E2=80=99s time to go. =
I never wear them out unless I flat spot them.&nbsp;</div><div =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Tbs on the other hand, =
start losing time right away, and never stop. By the third time on track =
they=E2=80=99ve lost two seconds, and they keep going. No thanks. I =
don=E2=80=99t do this to be limited by my tires.&nbsp;<br =
class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div class=3D"">On =
May 27, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Terry Stetler &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><div =
style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><div class=3D"">I was not =
going to weigh in on this, but, I couldn't help myself...</div><div =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"">Speaking strictly as a maintainer =
of a very fast TR (thanks Glen and Jeff),&nbsp;my limited on track =
experience long behind me, what is the problem with a defacto "spec" =
tire?</div><div class=3D"">&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"">The Speedster is =
a very good tire, we have never had them "fall off"&nbsp;in a =
session.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The&nbsp;things just work, and are far better =
than the old Vintage TDs could ever hope to be.&nbsp; Sure they take =
some driving style adjustments, but any change you make to the car will =
cause you to adjust to that change.</div><div class=3D"">&nbsp;</div><div =
class=3D"">Now&nbsp;that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite =
frankly, we are not racing for money, a National Championship, or for =
cash from a&nbsp;long dead manufacturer.&nbsp; We do this for fun, =
because we love it.&nbsp; Yes?</div><div class=3D"">&nbsp;</div><div =
class=3D"">If everyone is on the same tire, so what?&nbsp;&nbsp; It's =
still racing, there will still be one of you guys on the top of the =
podium, and everyone else trying to figure out how to get there, =
just&nbsp;like it is now.&nbsp;&nbsp;And at the end of the&nbsp;day =
will&nbsp;we not still be<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></div><div class=3D"">Friends=
 of Triumph?&nbsp; Of course we will.</div><div =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"">My two pence.</div><div =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"">Terry =
Stetler&nbsp;</div><blockquote style=3D"padding-right: 0px; =
padding-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 5px; =
border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-left-width: 2px; =
border-left-style: solid;" class=3D""><div style=3D"font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; =
line-height: normal; font-family: arial;" class=3D"">----- Original =
Message -----<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></div><div=
 style=3D"font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-family: arial;" =
class=3D""><b class=3D"">From:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">John Styduhar</a></div><div style=3D"font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; =
line-height: normal; font-family: arial;" class=3D""><b =
class=3D"">To:</b><span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">John Hasty</a></div><div style=3D"font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; =
line-height: normal; font-family: arial;" class=3D""><b =
class=3D"">Cc:</b><span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a></div><div style=3D"font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; =
line-height: normal; font-family: arial;" class=3D""><b =
class=3D"">Sent:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Friday, May 27, 2016 1:30 =
PM</div><div style=3D"font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-family: =
arial;" class=3D""><b class=3D"">Subject:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Re: [Fot] Tires</div><div =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size: small;">I run the Speedster =
exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire selection to this tire =
is fine with me.&nbsp; It could make me more competitive, which is also =
fine with me.&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br class=3D""><div =
class=3D"gmail_quote"><br =
class=3D""></div></div></div>_____________________________________________=
__<br class=3D""><a title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><a title=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" =
href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" =
class=3D"">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Donate:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
title=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br class=3D"">Archive:<span=
 class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
title=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"=
 class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br class=3D"">Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
title=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><=
br class=3D""><br class=3D""><br class=3D""></blockquote></div><span =
style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: Verdana; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"font-family: Verdana; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" style=3D"font-family: Verdana; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: Verdana; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: =
inline !important;" class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: Verdana; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: =
inline !important;" class=3D"">Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"font-family: Verdana; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: =
inline !important;" class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a=
><br style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: =
Verdana; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 13px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""></div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_A3412A5C-CA7F-46D5-855F-689F0C7032D6--

--===============2194092286329662240==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2194092286329662240==--

---

From: Bill Dentinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 20:50:01 -0700

--===============7880141085931672258==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-8C6FCEDB-A5C3-456C-B2D7-D13FA787D807
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-8C6FCEDB-A5C3-456C-B2D7-D13FA787D807
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I agree with Terry, but go a step further. I think 50 profile tires on a "vi=
ntage" race car is outrageous. We're I in charge, you'd all be on 70 profile=
 tires. Tall, skinny tires.  It would be exciting and far more like the way t=
hings were.=20

So too having a spec tire for our cars.  Everyone one the same tire levels t=
he field.  It would be great.  A downside is NO COMPETITION FROM SUPPLIERS. =
 We'd be a captured group of buyers.

But... That's none of that is going to happen.

Bill Dentinger

Sent from my iPad

.com
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/billdentin@a=
ol.com

--Apple-Mail-8C6FCEDB-A5C3-456C-B2D7-D13FA787D807
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto"><div>I agree with Terry, but go a step furt=
her. I think 50 profile tires on a "vintage" race car is outrageous. We're I=
 in charge, you'd all be on 70 profile tires. Tall, skinny tires. &nbsp;It w=
ould be exciting and far more like the way things were.&nbsp;</div><div id=3D=
"AppleMailSignature"><br></div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">So too having a=
 spec tire for our cars. &nbsp;Everyone one the same tire levels the field. &=
nbsp;It would be great. &nbsp;A downside is NO COMPETITION FROM SUPPLIERS. &=
nbsp;We'd be a captured group of buyers.</div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature"=
><br></div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">But... That's none of that is goin=
g to happen.</div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature"><br></div><div id=3D"AppleM=
ailSignature">Bill Dentinger<br><br>Sent from my iPad</div><div><br>On May 2=
7, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Terry Stetler &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">t=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div>

<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html;charset=3Dutf-8">=20
<style></style>
=20
<meta name=3D"GENERATOR" content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.18315">=20
<!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" /><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" /=
><![endif]-->
<div>
<div>I was not going to weigh in on this, but, I couldn't help myself...</di=
v>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Speaking strictly as a maintainer of a very fast TR (thanks Glen and=20=

Jeff),&nbsp;my limited on track experience long behind me, what is the probl=
em=20
with a defacto "spec" tire?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>The Speedster is a very good tire, we have never had them "fall=20
off"&nbsp;in a session.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The&nbsp;things just work, and are f=
ar=20
better than the old Vintage TDs could ever hope to be.&nbsp; Sure they take s=
ome=20
driving style adjustments, but any change you make to the car will cause you=
 to=20
adjust to that change.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Now&nbsp;that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite frankly, we ar=
e=20
not racing for money, a National Championship, or for cash from a&nbsp;long d=
ead=20
manufacturer.&nbsp; We do this for fun, because we love it.&nbsp; Yes?</div>=

<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>If everyone is on the same tire, so what?&nbsp;&nbsp; It's still racing=
,=20
there will still be one of you guys on the top of the podium, and everyone e=
lse=20
trying to figure out how to get there, just&nbsp;like it is now.&nbsp;&nbsp;=
And=20
at the end of the&nbsp;day will&nbsp;we not still be </div>
<div>Friends of Triumph?&nbsp; Of course we will.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>My two pence.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Terry Stetler&nbsp;</div>
<blockquote style=3D"padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-right: 0p=
x; margin-left: 5px; border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border-left-width: 2px=
; border-left-style: solid;">
  <div style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretc=
h: normal;">-----=20
  Original Message ----- </div>
  <div style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretc=
h: normal;"><b>From:</b>=20
  <a title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
">John=20
  Styduhar</a> </div>
  <div style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretc=
h: normal;"><b>To:</b>=20
  <a title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">=
John=20
  Hasty</a> </div>
  <div style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretc=
h: normal;"><b>Cc:</b>=20
  <a title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">=
[email-masked]</a> </div>
  <div style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretc=
h: normal;"><b>Sent:</b>=20
  Friday, May 27, 2016 1:30 PM</div>
  <div style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretc=
h: normal;"><b>Subject:</b>=20
  Re: [Fot] Tires</div>
  <div><br></div>
  <div dir=3D"ltr">
  <div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size: small;">I run the Speedst=
er=20
  exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire selection to this tire is f=
ine=20
  with me.&nbsp; It could make me more competitive, which is also fine with=20=

  me.&nbsp;</div>
  <div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br>
  <div class=3D"gmail_quote"><br></div></div></div>_________________________=
______________________<br><a title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mai=
lto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br><a title=3D"http://www=
.fot-racing.com/" href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.c=
om</a><br><br>Donate:=20
  <a title=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" href=3D"http://www.team.net/d=
onate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive:=20
  <a title=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" href=3D"http://www.team.net/archi=
ve">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums:=20
  <a title=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums=
">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
  <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">htt=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br><br><br></blo=
ckquote></div>
</div></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><span>____________________=
___________________________</span><br><span><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
.net">[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br><span><a href=3D"htt=
p://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a></span><br><span></span=
><br><span>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.te=
am.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href=3D=
"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>=
[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]=
m</a></span><br><span></span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote></body>=
</html>=

--Apple-Mail-8C6FCEDB-A5C3-456C-B2D7-D13FA787D807--

--===============7880141085931672258==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7880141085931672258==--

---

From: "Terry Stetler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 08:23:05 -0400 <CAMJWJcEjYZJNkE-afLp4S0GStrCZH_-tidLOsn=oRgjzo=[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>

--===============3983602277337063416==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002E_01D1B8BA.28A11C10"

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01D1B8BA.28A11C10
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=20
I would agree on a spec "old timey" tire as well.   If everyone were on =
the hard compound Dunlops it would save wear and tear on the vehicle =
and, as you said, put everyone on the same playing field.   I also agree =
that locking eveyone into a single supplier is not a good thing.

=20

Our avocation, be it racing or driving our vintage street cars, is at a =
crossroads, and tires are a very big part of the problem.   As new cars =
go to ever increasing rim diameters, and ever decreasing aspect ratios =
for the tire mounted on those rims, tire manufacturers slowly phase out =
older sizes.   It's even difficult to get high performance street tires =
in some 60 series 15 inch sizes now.

=20

I don't know what the answer is.  =20

=20

What I do know is that a TR2/3/4/5/6 looks silly with 17" rims and 50 =
series rubber on it.

=20

Hang in there folks.

=20

=20

Terry Stetler

Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 11:50 PM

Subject: Re: [Fot] Tires

I agree with Terry, but go a step further. I think 50 profile tires on a =
"vintage" race car is outrageous. We're I in charge, you'd all be on 70 =
profile tires. Tall, skinny tires.  It would be exciting and far more =
like the way things were.=20

So too having a spec tire for our cars.  Everyone one the same tire =
levels the field.  It would be great.  A downside is NO COMPETITION FROM =
SUPPLIERS.  We'd be a captured group of buyers.

Bill Dentinger

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01D1B8BA.28A11C10
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" =
content=3D"text/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META name=3D"GENERATOR" content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.18315">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>=20
<BODY id=3D"MailContainerBody" topmargin=3D"0" leftmargin=3D"0" =
style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); padding-top: 15px; padding-left: 10px; =
font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: =
normal; text-decoration: none;"=20
acc_role=3D"text" canvastabstop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message =
area"><!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" /><?xml:namespace =
prefix=3D"o" /><![endif]-->
<DIV>
<DIV>I would agree on a spec "old timey" tire as =
well.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If=20
everyone were on the hard compound Dunlops it&nbsp;would save wear and =
tear on=20
the vehicle and, as you said, put everyone on the same playing=20
field.&nbsp;&nbsp; I also agree that locking eveyone into a single =
supplier is=20
not a good thing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Our avocation, be it racing or driving our vintage street cars, is =
at a=20
crossroads, and tires are&nbsp;a very big part of the =
problem.&nbsp;&nbsp; As=20
new cars go to ever increasing rim diameters, and ever decreasing aspect =
ratios=20
for the tire mounted on those rims, tire manufacturers slowly phase out =
older=20
sizes.&nbsp;&nbsp; It's even difficult to get high performance street =
tires in=20
some 60 series 15 inch sizes now.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I don't know what the answer is.&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What I do know is that a TR2/3/4/5/6 looks silly with 17" rims =
and&nbsp;50=20
series rubber on it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hang in there folks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Terry Stetler</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 5px; border-left-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
border-left-width: 2px; border-left-style: solid;"=20
dir=3D"ltr">
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;">-----=20
  Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Bill=20
  Dentinger</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>To:</B>=20
  <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Terry=20
  Stetler</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>Cc:</B>=20
  <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">John=20
  Hasty</A> ; <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">John=20
  Styduhar</A> ; <A title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>Sent:</B>=20
  Friday, May 27, 2016 11:50 PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"font: 10pt/normal arial; font-size-adjust: none; =
font-stretch: normal;"><B>Subject:</B>=20
  Re: [Fot] Tires</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>I agree with Terry, but go a step further. I think 50 profile =
tires on a=20
  "vintage" race car is outrageous. We're I in charge, you'd all be on =
70=20
  profile tires. Tall, skinny tires. &nbsp;It would be exciting and far =
more=20
  like the way things were.&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV id=3D"AppleMailSignature"><BR></DIV>
  <DIV id=3D"AppleMailSignature">So too having a spec tire for our cars. =

  &nbsp;Everyone one the same tire levels the field. &nbsp;It would be =
great.=20
  &nbsp;A downside is NO COMPETITION FROM SUPPLIERS. &nbsp;We'd be a =
captured=20
  group of buyers.</DIV>
  <DIV id=3D"AppleMailSignature"><BR></DIV>
  <DIV id=3D"AppleMailSignature">But... That's none of that is going to=20
  happen.</DIV>
  <DIV id=3D"AppleMailSignature"><BR></DIV>
  <DIV id=3D"AppleMailSignature">Bill=20
Dentinger<BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01D1B8BA.28A11C10--

--===============3983602277337063416==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3983602277337063416==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 11:59:10 -0500

--===============1194999943756229808==

<html>
<body>
I'm fine with a spec tire if it's halfway decent.&nbsp; Where I run into
issues is when I go outside my local circle and the tires being run are
way different - ie NOT a spec tire.&nbsp; The Yoko's are semi-competitive
then.<br><br>
Tony<br><br>
At 09:36 PM 5/27/2016, Steven Belfer wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">Other Marques with 13 or
14&quot; wheels have a wider selection of sticky rubber. It's not a spec
tire unless every car has the same thing. <br><br>
~Steve<br><br>
<br>
On May 27, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Terry Stetler
&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
wrote:<br><br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">I was not going to weigh in on
this, but, I couldn't help myself...<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Speaking strictly as a maintainer of a very fast TR (thanks Glen and
Jeff), my limited on track experience long behind me, what is the problem
with a defacto &quot;spec&quot; tire?<br>
&nbsp;<br>
The Speedster is a very good tire, we have never had them &quot;fall
off&quot; in a session.&nbsp;&nbsp; The things just work, and are far
better than the old Vintage TDs could ever hope to be.&nbsp; Sure they
take some driving style adjustments, but any change you make to the car
will cause you to adjust to that change.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Now that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite frankly, we are not
racing for money, a National Championship, or for cash from a long dead
manufacturer.&nbsp; We do this for fun, because we love it.&nbsp;
Yes?<br>
&nbsp;<br>
If everyone is on the same tire, so what?&nbsp;&nbsp; It's still racing,
there will still be one of you guys on the top of the podium, and
everyone else trying to figure out how to get there, just like it is
now.&nbsp; And at the end of the day will we not still be <br>
Friends of Triumph?&nbsp; Of course we will.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
My two pence.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Terry Stetler <br>

<dl>
<dd>----- Original Message ----- <br>

<dd>From:</b> <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">John Styduhar</a>
<br>

<dd>To:</b> <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">John Hasty</a> <br>

<dd>Cc:</b> <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<br>

<dd>Sent:</b> Friday, May 27, 2016 1:30 PM<br>

<dd>Subject:</b> Re: [Fot] Tires<br><br>

<dd>I run the Speedster exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire
selection to this tire is fine with me.&nbsp; It could make me more
competitive, which is also fine with me. <br><br>
<br>

<dd>_______________________________________________<br>

<dd><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>

<dd><a href="http://www.fot-racing.com/" eudora="autourl">
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>

<dd>Donate:
<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">

<dd>Archive:
<a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>

<dd>Forums:
<a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>

<dd>Unsubscribe/Manage:
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br><br>
<br>

</dl>_______________________________________________<br>
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>
<a href="http://www.fot-racing.com">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>
Donate:
<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">
Archive:
<a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums:
<a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote>_______________________________________________<br>
[email-masked]<br><br>
<a href="http://www.fot-racing.com/" eudora="autourl">
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>
Donate:
<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" eudora="autourl">
Archive:
<a href="http://www.team.net/archive" eudora="autourl">
Forums:
<a href="http://www.team.net/forums" eudora="autourl">
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" eudora="autourl">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a>
</blockquote></body>
<br>
</html>

--===============1194999943756229808==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1194999943756229808==--

---

From: Bill Babcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 14:48:58 -0700

--===============3578288644908528397==

--Apple-Mail=_FA0102EA-1287-4115-A056-2571AA10F65C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Amen. I showed up at road Atlanta years ago and found everyone in my =
class was on slicks. Knife to a gunfight.=20

> On May 28, 2016, at 9:59 AM, Tony Drews <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> I'm fine with a spec tire if it's halfway decent.  Where I run into =
issues is when I go outside my local circle and the tires being run are =
way different - ie NOT a spec tire.  The Yoko's are semi-competitive =
then.
>=20
> Tony
>=20
> At 09:36 PM 5/27/2016, Steven Belfer wrote:
>> Other Marques with 13 or 14" wheels have a wider selection of sticky =
rubber. It's not a spec tire unless every car has the same thing.=20
>>=20
>> ~Steve
>>=20
>>=20
>> On May 27, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Terry Stetler <[email-masked] =
>>=20
>>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_FA0102EA-1287-4115-A056-2571AA10F65C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html charset=us-ascii"></head><body style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class="">Amen. I showed up at road Atlanta years ago and found everyone in my class was on slicks. Knife to a gunfight.&nbsp;<div class=""><br class=""><div><blockquote type="cite" class=""><div class="">On May 28, 2016, at 9:59 AM, Tony Drews &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div class="">
<div class="">
I'm fine with a spec tire if it's halfway decent.&nbsp; Where I run into
issues is when I go outside my local circle and the tires being run are
way different - ie NOT a spec tire.&nbsp; The Yoko's are semi-competitive
then.<br class=""><br class="">
Tony<br class=""><br class="">
At 09:36 PM 5/27/2016, Steven Belfer wrote:<br class="">
<blockquote type="cite" class="cite" cite="">Other Marques with 13 or
14" wheels have a wider selection of sticky rubber. It's not a spec
tire unless every car has the same thing. <br class=""><br class="">
~Steve<br class=""><br class="">
<br class="">
On May 27, 2016, at 3:22 PM, Terry Stetler
&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
wrote:<br class=""><br class="">
<blockquote type="cite" class="cite" cite="">I was not going to weigh in on
this, but, I couldn't help myself...<br class="">
&nbsp;<br class="">
Speaking strictly as a maintainer of a very fast TR (thanks Glen and
Jeff), my limited on track experience long behind me, what is the problem
with a defacto "spec" tire?<br class="">
&nbsp;<br class="">
The Speedster is a very good tire, we have never had them "fall
off" in a session.&nbsp;&nbsp; The things just work, and are far
better than the old Vintage TDs could ever hope to be.&nbsp; Sure they
take some driving style adjustments, but any change you make to the car
will cause you to adjust to that change.<br class="">
&nbsp;<br class="">
Now that I am on my soapbox, I will say that, quite frankly, we are not
racing for money, a National Championship, or for cash from a long dead
manufacturer.&nbsp; We do this for fun, because we love it.&nbsp;
Yes?<br class="">
&nbsp;<br class="">
If everyone is on the same tire, so what?&nbsp;&nbsp; It's still racing,
there will still be one of you guys on the top of the podium, and
everyone else trying to figure out how to get there, just like it is
now.&nbsp; And at the end of the day will we not still be <br class="">
Friends of Triumph?&nbsp; Of course we will.<br class="">
&nbsp;<br class="">
My two pence.<br class="">
&nbsp;<br class="">
Terry Stetler <br class="">

<dl class="">
<dd class="">----- Original Message ----- <br class="">

</dd><dd class="">From: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">John Styduhar</a>
<br class="">

</dd><dd class="">To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">John Hasty</a> <br class="">

</dd><dd class="">Cc: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a>
<br class="">

</dd><dd class="">Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 1:30 PM<br class="">

</dd><dd class="">Subject: Re: [Fot] Tires<br class=""><br class="">

</dd><dd class="">I run the Speedster exclusively, anyhow, so limiting the 15/60 tire
selection to this tire is fine with me.&nbsp; It could make me more
competitive, which is also fine with me. <br class=""><br class="">
<br class="">

</dd><dd class="">_______________________________________________<br class="">

</dd><dd class=""><a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a><br class=""><br class="">

</dd><dd class=""><a href="http://www.fot-racing.com/" eudora="autourl" class="">
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br class=""><br class="">

</dd><dd class="">Donate:
<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" class="">

</dd><dd class="">Archive:
<a href="http://www.team.net/archive" class="">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br class="">

</dd><dd class="">Forums:
<a href="http://www.team.net/forums" class="">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br class="">

</dd><dd class="">Unsubscribe/Manage:
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" class="">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br class=""><br class="">
<br class="">

</dd></dl>_______________________________________________<br class="">
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a><br class=""><br class="">
<a href="http://www.fot-racing.com/" class="">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br class=""><br class="">
Donate:
<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" class="">
Archive:
<a href="http://www.team.net/archive" class="">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br class="">
Forums:
<a href="http://www.team.net/forums" class="">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br class="">
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" class="">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br class="">
<br class="">
</blockquote>_______________________________________________<br class="">
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a><br class=""><br class="">
<a href="http://www.fot-racing.com/" eudora="autourl" class="">
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br class=""><br class="">
Donate:
<a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" eudora="autourl" class="">
Archive:
<a href="http://www.team.net/archive" eudora="autourl" class="">
Forums:
<a href="http://www.team.net/forums" eudora="autourl" class="">
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br class="">
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" eudora="autourl" class="">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a>
</blockquote></div>
<br class="">

_______________________________________________<br class=""><a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a><br class=""><br class="">http://www.fot-racing.com<br class=""><br class="">Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br class="">Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br class="">Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br class="">Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br class=""><br class=""><br class=""></div></blockquote></div><br class=""></div></body></html>
--Apple-Mail=_FA0102EA-1287-4115-A056-2571AA10F65C--

--===============3578288644908528397==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3578288644908528397==--