Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear End...NO I mean differential

From: "Steve Yott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 21:18:23 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0733031962569163277==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1975C.57BEC300"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1975C.57BEC300
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I frequently just weld in the side support plates which box in the =
current diff support.  You may find a small crack on the bottom of the =
right front mount which is common.  You can weld this up at the same =
time.  Boxing in the support brackets seems to be the solution and =
prevents flexing of the mount.  If the current stud and bracket is in =
good condition I see no reason to remove them and start from scratch.  I =
have a company here laser cut a handful of plates for me and I grind =
them to fit as each car is a tad different in shape.  Make sure you =
clean the existing surfaces and prepare them for a good weld.

=20

The upside down welding part is what I dislike the =
most=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 I hate the slag particles burning in my ears!!

=20

Steve Yott

=20

From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 7:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] Rear End...NO I mean differential

=20

Fellow Foters,

Who here has installed the differential reinforcement kit.  Mine is not =
broken loose yet but every little bit helps. My question is, can you =
keep the original welded in studs that are already there and just add =
the reinforcement plates, or is there some reason that requires the new =
studs (longer studs perhaps)?

Enquiring minds and all that...
          Nick in Nor Cal

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1975C.57BEC300
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>I frequently =
just weld in the side support plates which box in the current diff =
support.=C2=A0 You may find a small crack on the bottom of the right =
front mount which is common.=C2=A0 You can weld this up at the same =
time.=C2=A0 Boxing in the support brackets seems to be the solution and =
prevents flexing of the mount.=C2=A0 If the current stud and bracket is =
in good condition I see no reason to remove them and start from =
scratch.=C2=A0 I have a company here laser cut a handful of plates for =
me and I grind them to fit as each car is a tad different in =
shape.=C2=A0 Make sure you clean the existing surfaces and prepare them =
for a good weld.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>The upside =
down welding part is what I dislike the most=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 I hate =
the slag particles burning in my ears!!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>Steve =
Yott<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</=
o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, April 15, 2016 7:11 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Fot] Rear =
End...NO I mean differential<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:black'>Fellow Foters,<br><br>Who here has installed the =
differential reinforcement kit.&nbsp; Mine is not broken loose yet but =
every little bit helps. My question is, can you keep the original welded =
in studs that are already there and just add the reinforcement plates, =
or is there some reason that requires the new studs (longer studs =
perhaps)?<br><br>Enquiring minds and all =
that...<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Nick =
in Nor Cal<br><br><br><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D1975C.57BEC300--

--===============0733031962569163277==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0733031962569163277==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 22:36:49 -0600

I've done many where just plates were welded in, back before the kits 
were available. I bet the original patterns I made from 12 pack 
cardboard are somewhere out in the garage.  But these were all done with 
only the beginnings of cracks, not where the pins were on the verge of 
falling out. The guy whose car was that bad did not like the labor costs 
involved in the repair. It ain't a cake walk!

mjb.

---

From: "MadMarx" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 09:11:23 +0200

Hi Guys,

the car made it back on the track. Engine did pretty well but unfortunately
the clutch slave failed. So the car didn't race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN2jrW7Q3w

Cheers
Chris