Subject: [Fot] Group 1/FP/GP Spitfire available

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 11:46:39 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============4288283807398134481==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002C_01D10288.29A2ADB0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D10288.29A2ADB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Listed for a friend:

This is located in Brooktondale, NY (near Watkins Glen)

________________________________________________________

I built a race prepared Spitfire for a local friend last year after he
expressed an interest in trying racing but after completing the VRG driving
school decided racing was not for him. There are many new top shelf parts in
this build and I have pictures all the way through I can share with an
interested party. He spared no expense on the build but as a result of lack
of time, it was never painted and the engine he used in the school was my
backup. The engine has been removed but he has a number of 1147 and 1296
engines available for completion. 

All new instrumentation

New fire system

New Kirkey seat and cushion

New Hoosier A70x13 Street TDs on powder coated alloy Minilite rims

One piece Racing axles w/ uprated joints

Header and exhaust system

Trick sway bars

Uprated shocks and links

New rotors and carbon Kevlar pads

All new rear brakes

Braided SS lines

Front suspension fully rebuilt

New Lexan windshield

Custom fabricated rollbar system with side intrusion protection

Completely rewired

Dashboard fully rebuilt

Wide 4 facet rear view mirror

Mountney steering wheel w/ quick release

New transmission cover and boot

Dual channel EGT gauge & Thermisters for #1 & #4

New tach just below line of sight

New fuel cell in drop compartment in trunk

New electric fuel pump; pressure regulator and gauge

New safety belts etc.

4.11:1 diff

He even has a helmet and suit which if you're the right size may be
available also among other safety gear.

The car does need paint (we ran out of time)but the body and car had come
out of storage since 1986 when it last was raced by a local fellow at
Watkins Glen and is in very good condition. It does have a log book. This
would be an easy completion for someone wanting to get into racing. An
engine could be completed to provide whatever level of competition or
schooling was desired. 

I have pictures and am willing to answer questions as they relate to the
build but I do not own it and can refer you to the owner for discussion or
offers.

This is a great opportunity for the right person and demand for buildable
racing Spitfires has increased in the vintage racing arena.

The car had no problem going through VRG Tech for The 2014 Jefferson 500 at
Summit Point WV which was immediately after the school.

No-this is not the Spitfire I have raced for the past 28 years. It is one I
built for a neighbor. 

Russ Moore

Spitfire#49

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D10288.29A2ADB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Listed for =
a friend:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This is located in =
Brooktondale, NY (near Watkins Glen)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>_______________________________________________________=
_<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I built a race prepared Spitfire for a local friend =
last year after he expressed an interest in trying racing but after =
completing the VRG driving school decided racing was not for him. There =
are many new top shelf parts in this build and I have pictures all the =
way through I can share with an interested party. He spared no expense =
on the build but as a result of lack of time, it was never painted and =
the engine he used in the school was my backup. The engine has been =
removed but he has a number of 1147 and 1296 engines available for =
completion. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>All new instrumentation<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>New fire system<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New =
Kirkey seat and cushion<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New Hoosier =
A70x13 Street TDs on powder coated alloy Minilite rims<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>One piece Racing axles w/ uprated =
joints<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Header and exhaust =
system<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Trick sway =
bars<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Uprated shocks and =
links<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New rotors and carbon Kevlar =
pads<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>All new rear =
brakes<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Braided SS =
lines<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Front suspension fully =
rebuilt<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New Lexan =
windshield<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Custom fabricated rollbar =
system with side intrusion protection<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Completely rewired<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Dashboard fully rebuilt<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Wide 4 facet rear view mirror<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Mountney steering wheel w/ quick =
release<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New transmission cover and =
boot<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Dual channel EGT gauge &amp; =
Thermisters for #1 &amp; #4<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New tach =
just below line of sight<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New fuel =
cell in drop compartment in trunk<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>New =
electric fuel pump; pressure regulator and gauge<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>New safety belts etc.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>4.11:1 diff<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>He even has =
a helmet and suit which if you&#8217;re the right size may be available =
also among other safety gear.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The car does =
need paint (we ran out of time)but the body and car had come out of =
storage since 1986 when it last was raced by a local fellow at Watkins =
Glen and is in very good condition. It does have a log book. This would =
be an easy completion for someone wanting to get into racing. An engine =
could be completed to provide whatever level of competition or schooling =
was desired. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have pictures and am =
willing to answer questions as they relate to the build but I do not own =
it and can refer you to the owner for discussion or =
offers.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This is a great opportunity =
for the right person and demand for buildable racing Spitfires has =
increased in the vintage racing arena.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The car had no problem going through VRG Tech for The =
2014 Jefferson 500 at Summit Point WV which was immediately after the =
school.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><i>No-this is not the Spitfire I have raced for the =
past 28 years. It is one I built for a neighbor. <o:p></o:p></i></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Russ Moore<o:p></o:p></span></i></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Spitfire#49<o:p></o:p></span></i></p></div></b=
ody></html>
------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D10288.29A2ADB0--

--===============4288283807398134481==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4288283807398134481==--