Subject: [Fot] Sonoma race day report

From: davehogye <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 03:40:04 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6651780439461390496==
	boundary="----=_Part_1094699_2106925857.1444102804284"

------=_Part_1094699_2106925857.1444102804284
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello Friends, 
Steve Belfer and I finished our race weekend fast and clean. 
Steve got by me on the inside of turn eleven mid way through the race. He made steady progress in laps times during every session throughout the weekend. 
I thought I had him beat for the race with my personal best 2:04, to his 2:08 in the qualifying race, but his 2:06.3, to my 2:06.6 proved his continued progress. 
Steve finished 8th of 37 and I followed his TR and a Lotus 6 very closely for a ten place finish. All three of us made evasive maneuvers on the last lap to avoid an Alfa Spider sitting sideways in the middle of the track after cresting the blind exit of turn two. I collected some Alfa body pieces off the front of my TR after the Lotus hit the Alfa. The Lotus continued without any real damage and my TR only got a few nicks in the paint. 
Unfortunately my GoPro turned itself off after 2 minutes. Fortunately, Steve had 4 or 5 cameras on his car. There will be some great video to follow. 

Stay tuned, 
Dave H. 

------=_Part_1094699_2106925857.1444102804284
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Hello Friends,</div><div aria-label=3D=
"Compose body">Steve Belfer and I finished our race weekend fast and clean.=
</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Steve got by me on the inside of tur=
n eleven mid way through the race. &nbsp;He made steady progress in laps ti=
mes during every session throughout the weekend. </div><div aria-label=3D"C=
ompose body">I thought I had him beat for the race with my personal best 2:=
04, to his 2:08 in the qualifying race, but his 2:06.3, to my 2:06.6 proved=
 his continued progress.&nbsp;</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Steve =
finished 8th of 37 and I followed his TR and a Lotus 6 very closely for a t=
en place finish. &nbsp;All three of us made evasive maneuvers on the last l=
ap to avoid an Alfa Spider sitting sideways in the middle of the track afte=
r cresting the blind exit of turn two. &nbsp;I collected some Alfa body pie=
ces off the front of my TR after the Lotus hit the Alfa. &nbsp;The Lotus co=
ntinued without any real damage and my TR only got a few nicks in the paint=
. &nbsp;</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Unfortunately my GoPro turne=
d itself off after 2 minutes. &nbsp;Fortunately, Steve had 4 or 5 cameras o=
n his car. &nbsp;There will be some great video to follow.</div><div aria-l=
abel=3D"Compose body"><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Stay tuned=
,</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Dave H.</div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_1094699_2106925857.1444102804284--

--===============6651780439461390496==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6651780439461390496==--