Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 Burnt plugs

From: fubog1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:34:11 -0400

--===============8256964284477141505==
	boundary="----=_Part_56703_796162493.1444923251314"

------=_Part_56703_796162493.1444923251314
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Some of the float jets (needle valves) do have too small of a diameter, resulting in a lean condition at the top.
Make a significant rich adjustment and if it doesn't affect the lean run, it is most likely your problem.
If it goes rich, then it's passing enough fuel to the bowls.
HTH.
Glen 

-----Original Message-----
From: damys <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Oct 15, 2015 11:18 am
Subject: [Fot] GT6 Burnt plugs

Finally got the GT6 back together and had it at Brainerd for two track days.  First day still had overheating issues even with the oil cooler, external octopus oiling and scirocco rad.  Also had a vibration in the rear.  
Then we fabricated a full rad shroud and re-did one of the 240Z rear axles.  Lost all but a very minor vibration that show up at around 100 MPH which might just be from driving an 1800 lb car that fast.  
Cured the overheating and actually had to tape the rad and oil cooler.  After many laps the water was at 200 and the oil at 220.  Outside temp 65-70 degrees.
Our new problem is we burned the electrodes off of number 1 and 4 plugs. The other four looked a little lean, but not bad.  We are running 1.50 Strombergs.
It seems to me that the stock intake is starving 1 and 4.  
I've read that Kas drilled the float jets to cure starvation at high RPM's, but what about the main jets.  Will this cause serious bog at mid-RPM's.  Also would reworking the number 1 and 4 intake runners help the problem.  We are maxing out at 6000 RPM's.
As for the minor vibration, we have a rebuilt, fully welded 3:89.  
Planning on Elkhart in the Spring. Any ideas?
Thanks
Dave and Alex Amys

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate:
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

------=_Part_56703_796162493.1444923251314
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='2' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>S<font size="2">ome of the float jets (needle valves) do have too small of a diameter, resulting in a lean condition at the top.<br>
Make a significant rich adjustment and if it doesn't affect the lean run, it is most likely your problem.<br>
If it goes rich, then it's passing enough fuel to the bowls.<br>
HTH.<br>
Glen <br>
</font>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: damys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

To: [email-masked]' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Thu, Oct 15, 2015 11:18 am<br>

Subject: [Fot] GT6 Burnt plugs<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_34874352-eb19-4e18-8c9e-ab2f93edee1c">

<div class="aolReplacedBody">

<div>Finally got the GT6 back together and had it at Brainerd for two track days.&nbsp; First day still had overheating issues even with the oil cooler, external octopus oiling and scirocco rad.&nbsp; Also had a vibration in the rear.&nbsp; </div>

<div>Then we fabricated a full rad shroud and re-did one of the 240Z rear axles.&nbsp; Lost all but a very minor vibration that show up at around 100 MPH which might just be from driving an 1800 lb car that fast.&nbsp; </div>

<div>Cured the overheating and actually had to tape the rad and oil&nbsp;cooler.&nbsp; After many laps the water was at 200 and the oil at 220.&nbsp; Outside temp 65-70 degrees.</div>

<div>Our new problem is we burned the electrodes off of number 1 and 4 plugs. The other four looked a little lean, but not bad.&nbsp; We are running 1.50 Strombergs.</div>

<div>It seems to me that the stock intake is starving 1 and 4.&nbsp; </div>

<div>I've read that Kas drilled the&nbsp;float jets&nbsp;to cure starvation at high RPM's, but what about the main jets.&nbsp; Will this cause serious bog at mid-RPM's.&nbsp; Also would reworking the number 1 and 4 intake runners help the problem.&nbsp; We are maxing out at 6000 RPM's.</div>

<div>As for the minor vibration, we have a rebuilt,&nbsp;fully welded 3:89.&nbsp; </div>

<div>Planning on Elkhart in the Spring. Any ideas?</div>

<div>Thanks</div>

<div>Dave and Alex Amys</div>

<div><br>

</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</div>

</div>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_00aeac30-5bde-4d1f-a601-ededca83af40" style="margin: 0px;font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;font-size: 12px;color: #000;background-color: #fff;">

<pre style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt>_______________________________________________
<a removedlink__0c3f711a-69a1-4e4a-9f5a-409cc738cca0__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

<a removedlink__0c3f711a-69a1-4e4a-9f5a-409cc738cca0__href="http://www.fot-racing.com" target="_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a>

Donate:
<a removedlink__0c3f711a-69a1-4e4a-9f5a-409cc738cca0__href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a removedlink__0c3f711a-69a1-4e4a-9f5a-409cc738cca0__href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums:
<a removedlink__0c3f711a-69a1-4e4a-9f5a-409cc738cca0__href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
<a removedlink__0c3f711a-69a1-4e4a-9f5a-409cc738cca0__href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a>

</tt></pre>
</div>

 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_2_00aeac30-5bde-4d1f-a601-ededca83af40 -->
</div>

</font>
------=_Part_56703_796162493.1444923251314--

--===============8256964284477141505==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8256964284477141505==--

---

From: Kas Kastner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:12:30 -0700

--===============0224067668100160150==

--001a1135e084ca4db505222a4ee6

Did you check the plugs after the overheating so that you know it was from
fuel problems not the overheating??

What needles are you running? How far open is the adjusting nut for the
mixture?

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:42 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Finally got the GT6 back together and had it at Brainerd for two track
> days.  First day still had overheating issues even with the oil cooler,
> external octopus oiling and scirocco rad.  Also had a vibration in the
> rear.
>
> Then we fabricated a full rad shroud and re-did one of the 240Z rear
> axles.  Lost all but a very minor vibration that show up at around 100 MPH
> which might just be from driving an 1800 lb car that fast.
>
> Cured the overheating and actually had to tape the rad and oil cooler.
> After many laps the water was at 200 and the oil at 220.  Outside temp
> 65-70 degrees.
>
> Our new problem is we burned the electrodes off of number 1 and 4 plugs.
> The other four looked a little lean, but not bad.  We are running 1.50
> Strombergs.
>
> I've read that Kas drilled the float jets to cure starvation at high
> RPM's, but what about the main jets.  Will this cause serious bog at
> mid-RPM's.  Also would reworking the number 1 and 4 intake runners help the
> problem.  We are maxing out at 6000 RPM's.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>
>
>

--001a1135e084ca4db505222a4ee6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Did you check the plugs after the overheating so that=
 you know it was from fuel problems not the overheating??</div><div><br></d=
iv><div>What needles are you running? How far open is the adjusting nut for=
 the mixture?</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"><div>=
<div class=3D"gmail_signature"><p><strong><font color=3D"#000099">Never be =
beaten by equipment.</font></strong></p></div></div>
<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:42 AM,  <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">damys@c=
harter.net</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><p>=
Finally got the GT6 back together and had it at Brainerd for two track days=
.=C2=A0 First day still had overheating issues even with the oil cooler, ex=
ternal octopus oiling and scirocco rad.=C2=A0 Also had a vibration in the r=
ear.=C2=A0 </p><p>Then we fabricated a full rad shroud and re-did one of th=
e 240Z rear axles.=C2=A0 Lost all but a very minor vibration that show up a=
t around 100 MPH which might just be from driving an 1800 lb car that fast.=
=C2=A0 </p><p>Cured the overheating and actually had to tape the rad and oi=
l=C2=A0cooler.=C2=A0 After many laps the water was at 200 and the oil at 22=
0.=C2=A0 Outside temp 65-70 degrees.</p><p>Our new problem is we burned the=
 electrodes off of number 1 and 4 plugs. The other four looked a little lea=
n, but not bad.=C2=A0 We are running 1.50 Strombergs.</p><p>It seems to me =
that the stock intake is starving 1 and 4.=C2=A0 </p><p>I&#39;ve read that =
Kas drilled the=C2=A0float jets=C2=A0to cure starvation at high RPM&#39;s, =
but what about the main jets.=C2=A0 Will this cause serious bog at mid-RPM&=
#39;s.=C2=A0 Also would reworking the number 1 and 4 intake runners help th=
e problem.=C2=A0 We are maxing out at 6000 RPM&#39;s.</p><p>As for the mino=
r vibration, we have a rebuilt,=C2=A0fully welded 3:89.=C2=A0 </p><p>Planni=
ng on Elkhart in the Spring. Any ideas?</p><p>Thanks</p><p>Dave and Alex Am=
ys</p><p><br></p><p>=C2=A0</p></div>
<br>_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">=
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a1135e084ca4db505222a4ee6--

--===============0224067668100160150==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0224067668100160150==--

---

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 10:57:20 -0600

--===============2229178046249250108==

--Apple-Mail=_94E7DFFB-BF26-44B1-9A74-AAD720B9629D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

=93but what about the main jets."

ZS jets actually are adjustable, just not easily. The depth (from the =
bridge to the top of the jet) of the jets on my 175 ZS carbs can range =
from 0.085 to 0.187 inches. I have mine set at 0.125=94 deep. Don=92t =
know if 150=92s are the same but I suspect it=92s close to the same.

To adjust take a 3/8 inch bolt and grind it flat on the bottom. Put two =
nuts on to lock your =93depth setter=94 bolt and then tap the jet down =
to a measured depth (with your dial indicator). To move it up tap from =
the bottom with a Honda valve guide (or similar protection) to protect =
the jet. I=92ve set the jets with the carbs still on the carb.

0.085 is lean and 0.187 is rich so adjust accordingly. Be precise this =
is not a big range but it can make a difference.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle=20
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

On Oct 15, 2015, at 2:12 PM, Kas Kastner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Did you check the plugs after the overheating so that you know it was =
from fuel problems not the overheating??
>=20
> What needles are you running? How far open is the adjusting nut for =
the mixture?
>=20
> Never be beaten by equipment.
>=20
>=20
> Finally got the GT6 back together and had it at Brainerd for two track =
days.  First day still had overheating issues even with the oil cooler, =
external octopus oiling and scirocco rad.  Also had a vibration in the =
rear.=20
>=20
> Then we fabricated a full rad shroud and re-did one of the 240Z rear =
axles.  Lost all but a very minor vibration that show up at around 100 =
MPH which might just be from driving an 1800 lb car that fast.=20
>=20
> Cured the overheating and actually had to tape the rad and oil cooler. =
 After many laps the water was at 200 and the oil at 220.  Outside temp =
65-70 degrees.
>=20
> Our new problem is we burned the electrodes off of number 1 and 4 =
plugs. The other four looked a little lean, but not bad.  We are running =
1.50 Strombergs.
>=20
> It seems to me that the stock intake is starving 1 and 4.=20
>=20
> I've read that Kas drilled the float jets to cure starvation at high =
RPM's, but what about the main jets.  Will this cause serious bog at =
mid-RPM's.  Also would reworking the number 1 and 4 intake runners help =
the problem.  We are maxing out at 6000 RPM's.
>=20
> As for the minor vibration, we have a rebuilt, fully welded 3:89.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> =20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_94E7DFFB-BF26-44B1-9A74-AAD720B9629D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">=93but =
what about the main =
jets."<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>ZS jets actually =
are adjustable, just not easily. The depth (from the bridge to the top =
of the jet) of the jets on my 175 ZS carbs can range from 0.085 to 0.187 =
inches. I have mine set at 0.125=94 deep. Don=92t know if 150=92s are =
the same but I suspect it=92s close to the =
same.</div><div><br></div><div>To adjust take a 3/8 inch bolt and grind =
it flat on the bottom. Put two nuts on to lock your =93depth setter=94 =
bolt and then tap the jet down to a measured depth (with your dial =
indicator). To move it up tap from the bottom with a Honda valve guide =
(or similar protection) to protect the jet. I=92ve set the jets with the =
carbs still on the carb.</div><div><br></div><div>0.085 is lean and =
0.187 is rich so adjust accordingly. Be precise this is not a big range =
but it can make a difference.</div><div><br></div><div><br><div =
apple-content-edited=3D"true"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 0px;"><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: =
2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: =
none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">Bud Rolofson</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">Extreme Parts Racing&nbsp;(more than just a haircut)</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div>71TR6 CC57365 (Good =
6)</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">71 Spitfire MK IV =
Race Car #3</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">69 Spitfire MK III =
(back up FE engine/dinghy car)</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle&nbsp;</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda =
Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)</div></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><br></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline" style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
<br><div><div>On Oct 15, 2015, at 2:12 PM, Kas Kastner &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Did you check the plugs after the =
overheating so that you know it was from fuel problems not the =
overheating??</div><div><br></div><div>What needles are you running? How =
far open is the adjusting nut for the mixture?</div></div><div =
class=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"><div><div =
class=3D"gmail_signature"><p><strong><font color=3D"#000099">Never be =
beaten by equipment.</font></strong></p></div></div>
<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:42 AM,  <span =
dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote =
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc =
solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><p>Finally got the GT6 back together and =
had it at Brainerd for two track days.&nbsp; First day still had =
overheating issues even with the oil cooler, external octopus oiling and =
scirocco rad.&nbsp; Also had a vibration in the rear.&nbsp; </p><p>Then =
we fabricated a full rad shroud and re-did one of the 240Z rear =
axles.&nbsp; Lost all but a very minor vibration that show up at around =
100 MPH which might just be from driving an 1800 lb car that fast.&nbsp; =
</p><p>Cured the overheating and actually had to tape the rad and =
oil&nbsp;cooler.&nbsp; After many laps the water was at 200 and the oil =
at 220.&nbsp; Outside temp 65-70 degrees.</p><p>Our new problem is we =
burned the electrodes off of number 1 and 4 plugs. The other four looked =
a little lean, but not bad.&nbsp; We are running 1.50 =
Strombergs.</p><p>It seems to me that the stock intake is starving 1 and =
4.&nbsp; </p><p>I've read that Kas drilled the&nbsp;float jets&nbsp;to =
cure starvation at high RPM's, but what about the main jets.&nbsp; Will =
this cause serious bog at mid-RPM's.&nbsp; Also would reworking the =
number 1 and 4 intake runners help the problem.&nbsp; We are maxing out =
at 6000 RPM's.</p><p>As for the minor vibration, we have a =
rebuilt,&nbsp;fully welded 3:89.&nbsp; </p><p>Planning on Elkhart in the =
Spring. Any ideas?</p><p>Thanks</p><p>Dave and Alex =
Amys</p><p><br></p><div>&nbsp;<br =
class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder"></div></div>
<br>_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/" target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank" =
rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/kaskastner@gm=
ail.com</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>
_______________________________________________<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>http://ww=
w.fot-racing.com<br><br>Donate: =
http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br><br><br>=
</blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_94E7DFFB-BF26-44B1-9A74-AAD720B9629D--

--===============2229178046249250108==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2229178046249250108==--