Subject: [Fot] Did anyone see the TR6 racing in the Monterey Vintage Races?

From: sherry robyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 23:58:53 +0000 (UTC)

--===============5554257461946406482==
	boundary="----=_Part_408142_698428009.1444262333989"

------=_Part_408142_698428009.1444262333989
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I just watched a one hour recap of Monterey Vintage Week and in the races t=
hey showed a TR6 racing (and they called it a TR6) and they said it raced i=
n the category of 1961-66 production sports cars. =C2=A0First of all, they =
didn't have TR6 in 1966 and second of all, I thought CSRG (that oversees th=
ose races) broke out in a rash every time they even saw a TR6. =C2=A0Heaven=
 forbid a more modern but still vintage sports car racing against others of=
 its type. =C2=A0Jim
------=_Part_408142_698428009.1444262333989
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;font-size:13px"><div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1444260650952_4609" dir="ltr">I just watched a one hour recap of Monterey Vintage Week and in the races they showed a TR6 racing (and they called it a TR6) and they said it raced in the category of 1961-66 production sports cars. &nbsp;First of all, they didn't have TR6 in 1966 and second of all, I thought CSRG (that oversees those races) broke out in a rash every time they even saw a TR6. &nbsp;Heaven forbid a more modern but still vintage sports car racing against others of its type. &nbsp;Jim</div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_408142_698428009.1444262333989--

--===============5554257461946406482==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5554257461946406482==--

---

From: Kurt Oblinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 20:37:35 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6165139964811103663==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_cts7aYXyDHHAQMuWzI7M9A)"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--Boundary_(ID_cts7aYXyDHHAQMuWzI7M9A)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Yup, saw it in person. Ex-Group 44 TR6 owned by Bill Warner who 
organizes the Amelia Island Concours. Cars are sometimes placed in run 
groups outside their year based on performance or just because it's an 
interesting car that doesn't otherwise fit the run groups. I have also 
seen an ex-Huffaker MGB run at Monterey.

Cheers,
Kurt O.
On 10/7/2015 4:58 PM, sherry robyn wrote:
> I just watched a one hour recap of Monterey Vintage Week and in the 
> races they showed a TR6 racing (and they called it a TR6) and they 
> said it raced in the category of 1961-66 production sports cars. 
>  First of all, they didn't have TR6 in 1966 and second of all, I 
> thought CSRG (that oversees those races) broke out in a rash every 
> time they even saw a TR6.  Heaven forbid a more modern but still 
> vintage sports car racing against others of its type.  Jim
>
>

--Boundary_(ID_cts7aYXyDHHAQMuWzI7M9A)
Content-transfer-encoding: 8BIT

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Yup, saw it in person. Ex-Group 44 TR6
      owned by Bill Warner who organizes the Amelia Island Concours.
      Cars are sometimes placed in run groups outside their year based
      on performance or just because it's an interesting car that
      doesn't otherwise fit the run groups. I have also seen an
      ex-Huffaker MGB run at Monterey. <br>
      <br>
      Cheers,<br>
      Kurt O.<br>
      On 10/7/2015 4:58 PM, sherry robyn wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff;
        font-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial,
        Lucida Grande, sans-serif;font-size:13px">
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1444260650952_4609" dir="ltr">I just
          watched a one hour recap of Monterey Vintage Week and in the
          races they showed a TR6 racing (and they called it a TR6) and
          they said it raced in the category of 1961-66 production
          sports cars.  First of all, they didn't have TR6 in 1966 and
          second of all, I thought CSRG (that oversees those races)
          broke out in a rash every time they even saw a TR6.  Heaven
          forbid a more modern but still vintage sports car racing
          against others of its type.  Jim</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--Boundary_(ID_cts7aYXyDHHAQMuWzI7M9A)--

--===============6165139964811103663==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6165139964811103663==--