Subject: Re: [Fot] practice race at Sonoma for 2016 KCup

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 17:13:22 +0000

Dave: I took a look @ the CSRG rules & I think I can safely say none of the East coast or mid west TR with which I am familiar would pass.  Most, if not all, of our cars are prepared to 1972 SCCA specs as modified under SVRA rules.  Perhaps an inquiry to the CSRG authorities should be made before some of us spend time to see if it is possible to make the trip?

Sent from my iPhone

Hello Friends,
Steve Belfer and his TR3 are coming up from SoCal to race with me at this year's Charity Challenge at Sonoma.  There should be a few other Triumphs there as well.
This is the last event at Sonoma before the springtime Kastner Cup Race and a great weekend to get a practice race in.  In case anyone is interested, there is plenty of time to join in and register for this event.

CSRG has relaxed their strict vintage rules and guidelines a bit, so I think they would welcome anyone to join in.  Just go to their website for further information.

The Charity Challenge is CSRG's premier event and growing in popularity for racers and spectating.  Lunchtime charity drives are a blast for spectators and terrific for the Speedway Charity Fund.

Come join the fun.

Dave H.
831-234-4928
_______________________________________________

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: davehogye <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 20:58:09 +0000 (UTC)

--===============6640762899911744129==
	boundary="----=_Part_14700479_1628402969.1438462689159"

------=_Part_14700479_1628402969.1438462689159
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello Friends, 
I replied to John's message, but didn't "reply to all", so I'm forwarding the message. 

Stay tuned, 
Dave 

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "davehogye" <[email-masked]> 
To: "John Hasty" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:55:00 AM 
Subject: Re: [Fot] practice race at Sonoma for 2016 KCup 

Hi John, 
The Kastner Cup is a run what you brung race and doesn't fall within the normal rules of an organization. Safety requirements do matter during tech, but not other build specs are more open. It does matter if you want to maximize track time and join the other run groups besides the KCup group. 
CSRG is allowing cars through 1972 rules now and they are changing the run groups to 1A, '67 rules and 1B, '72 rules, for instance and so forth. 
I believe that CSRG wants entrants above all and they are relaxing their requirements. They have new tech and eligibility people and CSRG has opened their tire choices. Group one can now run 60 series tires. 

I'll find out more specifics and keep the FoT informed, but anybody can write to the race director or car eligibility and ask specific questions. I think you'll find them quite open and helpful. 

The HMSA event held the Kastner Cup at Laguna Seca and that is a good example of how a strict vintage organization opens their events for the KCup race. 

Dave 

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "John Hasty" <[email-masked]> 
To: "davehogye" <[email-masked]> 
Cc: "Friends of Triumph" <[email-masked]>, "Steve Belfer" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2015 10:13:22 AM 
Subject: Re: [Fot] practice race at Sonoma for 2016 KCup 

Sent from my iPhone 

Hello Friends, 

Come join the fun. 

Dave H. 
831-234-4928 

------=_Part_14700479_1628402969.1438462689159
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Hello Friends,</div><div aria-label=3D=
"Compose body">I replied to John's message, but didn't "reply to all", so I=
'm forwarding the message.</div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body"><br></div>=
<div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Stay tuned,</div><div aria-label=3D"Compos=
e body">Dave</div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;=
font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helve=
tica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;" data-mce-style=3D"color: #000; font-=
weight: normal; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Hel=
vetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;"><b>From: </b>"davehogye" &lt;dlh=
[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>To: </b>"John Hasty" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<=
br><b>Sent: </b>Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:55:00 AM<br><b>Subject: </b>Re:=
 [Fot] practice race at Sonoma for 2016 KCup<br><div><br></div><div style=
=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000" data-mce-style=3D"=
font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;"><div>Hi John,</div><d=
iv>The Kastner Cup is a run what you brung race and doesn't fall within the=
 normal rules of an organization. &nbsp;Safety requirements do matter durin=
g tech, but not other build specs &nbsp;are more open. &nbsp;It does matter=
 if you want to maximize track time and join the other run groups besides t=
he KCup group.</div><div>CSRG is allowing cars through 1972 rules now and t=
hey are changing the run groups to 1A, '67 rules and 1B, '72 rules, for ins=
tance and so forth.</div><div>I believe that CSRG wants entrants above all =
and they are relaxing their requirements. &nbsp;They have new tech and elig=
ibility people and CSRG has opened their tire choices. &nbsp;Group one can =
now run 60 series tires.</div><div><br></div><div>I'll find out more specif=
ics and keep the FoT informed, but anybody can write to the race director o=
r car eligibility and ask specific questions. &nbsp;I think you'll find the=
m quite open and helpful.</div><div><br></div><div>The HMSA event held the =
Kastner Cup at Laguna Seca and that is a good example of how a strict vinta=
ge organization opens their events for the KCup race.</div><div><br></div><=
div>Dave</div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font=
-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica=
,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;" data-mce-style=3D"color: #000; font-weig=
ht: normal; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helveti=
ca,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;"><b>From: </b>"John Hasty" &lt;jhasty=
@mhc-law.com&gt;<br><b>To: </b>"davehogye" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><=
b>Cc: </b>"Friends of Triumph" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, "Steve Belfer" &=
lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Sent: </b>Saturday, August 1, 2015 10:13=
:22 AM<br><b>Subject: </b>Re: [Fot] practice race at Sonoma for 2016 KCup<b=
r><div><br></div>Dave: I took a look @ the CSRG rules &amp; I think I can s=
afely say none of the East coast or mid west TR with which I am familiar wo=
uld pass. &nbsp;Most, if not all, of our cars are prepared to 1972 SCCA spe=
cs as modified under SVRA rules. &nbsp;Perhaps an inquiry to the CSRG autho=
rities should be made before some of us spend time to see if it is possible=
 to make the trip?<br><div><br></div>Sent from my iPhone<br><div><br></div>=
On Aug 1, 2015, at 12:08 PM, "davehogye" &lt;[email-masked]&lt;mailto:=
[email-masked]&gt;&gt; wrote:<br><div><br></div>Hello Friends,<br>Stev=
e Belfer and his TR3 are coming up from SoCal to race with me at this year'=
s Charity Challenge at Sonoma. &nbsp;There should be a few other Triumphs t=
here as well.<br>This is the last event at Sonoma before the springtime Kas=
tner Cup Race and a great weekend to get a practice race in. &nbsp;In case =
anyone is interested, there is plenty of time to join in and register for t=
his event.<br><div><br></div>CSRG has relaxed their strict vintage rules an=
d guidelines a bit, so I think they would welcome anyone to join in. &nbsp;=
Just go to their website for further information.<br><div><br></div>The Cha=
rity Challenge is CSRG's premier event and growing in popularity for racers=
 and spectating. &nbsp;Lunchtime charity drives are a blast for spectators =
and terrific for the Speedway Charity Fund.<br><div><br></div>Come join the=
 fun.<br><div><br></div>Dave H.<br>831-234-4928<br>________________________=
_______________________<br>[email-masked]&lt;mailto:[email-masked]&=
gt;<br><div><br></div>http://www.fot-racing.com<br><div><br></div>Donate: h=
ttp://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>F=
orums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br><div><br></div><br></div><div=
><br></div></div></div><div><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_14700479_1628402969.1438462689159--

--===============6640762899911744129==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6640762899911744129==--

---

From: davehogye <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 21:57:24 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0008383876625973734==
	boundary="----=_Part_14734467_503889228.1438466244870"

------=_Part_14734467_503889228.1438466244870
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Friends, 
Please let me clarify my "run what you brung" statement. 
As in past Kastner Cup races, the host organization allows cars that are accepted in other vintage race organizations to race. 
The Kastner Cup run group is separate from the usual run groups and the requirements are more open. 
I know that Steve has added an alternator to his TR3 for the upcoming Charity Challenge. Steve's car would be allowed to run with the usual production group as well as the Kastner Cup group. 
I don't know if the alternator rule is different for the 1972 SCCA rules, but I will look into it. CSRG recently held a survey to included cars built to 1972 SCCA rules in the run groups. The A group will be to '67 rules and the B group to '72. 

I will try to deliver more accurate information as I educate myself. 

In any event, I believe that CSRG is going to be very welcoming and accommodating to our Triumph group. 

Regards, 
Dave Hogye 

----- Original Message -----

Sent from my iPhone 

Hello Friends, 

Come join the fun. 

Dave H. 
831-234-4928 

------=_Part_14734467_503889228.1438466244870
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div>Friends,</div><div>Please let me clarify my "run what you brung" s=
tatement.</div><div>As in past Kastner Cup races, the host organization all=
ows cars that are accepted in other vintage race organizations to race. &nb=
sp;</div><div>The Kastner Cup run group is separate from the usual run grou=
ps and the requirements are more open. &nbsp;</div><div>I know that Steve h=
as added an alternator to his TR3 for the upcoming Charity Challenge. &nbsp=
;Steve's car would be allowed to run with the usual production group as wel=
l as the Kastner Cup group.</div><div>I don't know if the alternator rule i=
s different for the 1972 SCCA rules, but I will look into it. &nbsp;CSRG re=
cently held a survey to included cars built to 1972 SCCA rules in the run g=
roups. &nbsp;The A group will be to '67 rules and the B group to '72. &nbsp=
;</div><div><br></div><div>I will try to deliver more accurate information =
as I educate myself. &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>In any event, I believ=
e that CSRG is going to be very welcoming and accommodating to our Triumph =
group. &nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div>Dave Hogye</div><=
div><br></div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font=
-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica=
,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><b>From: </b>"John Hasty" &lt;jhasty@mhc=
-law.com&gt;<br><b>To: </b>"davehogye" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc=
: </b>"Friends of Triumph" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, "Steve Belfer" &lt;s=
[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Sent: </b>Saturday, August 1, 2015 10:13:22 =
AM<br><b>Subject: </b>Re: [Fot] practice race at Sonoma for 2016 KCup<br><d=
iv><br></div>Dave: I took a look @ the CSRG rules &amp; I think I can safel=
y say none of the East coast or mid west TR with which I am familiar would =
pass. &nbsp;Most, if not all, of our cars are prepared to 1972 SCCA specs a=
s modified under SVRA rules. &nbsp;Perhaps an inquiry to the CSRG authoriti=
es should be made before some of us spend time to see if it is possible to =
make the trip?<br><div><br></div>Sent from my iPhone<br><div><br></div>On A=
ug 1, 2015, at 12:08 PM, "davehogye" &lt;[email-masked]&lt;mailto:dlho=
[email-masked]&gt;&gt; wrote:<br><div><br></div>Hello Friends,<br>Steve Be=
lfer and his TR3 are coming up from SoCal to race with me at this year's Ch=
arity Challenge at Sonoma. &nbsp;There should be a few other Triumphs there=
 as well.<br>This is the last event at Sonoma before the springtime Kastner=
 Cup Race and a great weekend to get a practice race in. &nbsp;In case anyo=
ne is interested, there is plenty of time to join in and register for this =
event.<br><div><br></div>CSRG has relaxed their strict vintage rules and gu=
idelines a bit, so I think they would welcome anyone to join in. &nbsp;Just=
 go to their website for further information.<br><div><br></div>The Charity=
 Challenge is CSRG's premier event and growing in popularity for racers and=
 spectating. &nbsp;Lunchtime charity drives are a blast for spectators and =
terrific for the Speedway Charity Fund.<br><div><br></div>Come join the fun=
.<br><div><br></div>Dave H.<br>831-234-4928<br>____________________________=
___________________<br>[email-masked]&lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt;<=
br><div><br></div>http://www.fot-racing.com<br><div><br></div>Donate: http:=
//www.team.net/donate.html<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forum=
s: http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/=
mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br><div><br></div><br></div><div><br=
></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_14734467_503889228.1438466244870--

--===============0008383876625973734==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0008383876625973734==--