Subject: [Fot] TR-6 dash question

From: "Spitfire Racing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 07:58:56 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5503472902389881591==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0031_01D0BC78.9A938180"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D0BC78.9A938180
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Okay, I need a memory refresh please. Maybe it's the gray hair or the
years.....

I am helping a good friend on his 1969 TR-6 (an unexpected month long
project!). No good deed goes unpunished! This year TR has the rocker style
switch for the Emergency flashers(4 contact) and I need to replace it. The
switch is conveniently placed above the steering column between the Speedo
and Tach. The car has a wood dash panel which is a replacement and the
wiring has not been butchered-yet! How does one access and remove the switch
without fully dissecting the car? Is there a easy short cut on this that
does not involve large hammers; chisels, torches and Divine intervention?

Finding the switch was easy when you realize the same one was used in
Spitfires and GT-6s.

Thanks

Russ Moore

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D0BC78.9A938180
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Okay, I =
need a memory refresh please. Maybe it&#8217;s the gray hair or the =
years&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am helping =
a good friend on his 1969 TR-6 (an unexpected month long project!). No =
good deed goes unpunished! This year TR has the rocker style switch for =
the Emergency flashers(4 contact) and I need to replace it. The switch =
is conveniently placed above the steering column between the Speedo and =
Tach. The car has a wood dash panel which is a replacement and the =
wiring has not been butchered-yet! How does one access and remove the =
switch without fully dissecting the car? Is there a easy short cut on =
this that does not involve large hammers; chisels, torches and Divine =
intervention?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Finding the switch was easy when you realize the same =
one was used in Spitfires and GT-6s.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Russ =
Moore<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0031_01D0BC78.9A938180--

--===============5503472902389881591==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5503472902389881591==--

---

From: "Tim Hutchisen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 19:10:59 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1414520456753810725==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004C_01D0BCD6.7CF5A140"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D0BCD6.7CF5A140
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Russ,

                Remove the speedo and/or the tachometer to gain much better
access to the hazard switch. If memory serves, there are metal "tangs" that
are squeezed on the backside of the switch. Once the tangs are depressed,
the switch pulls out from the front. You may find you will have to do some
filing/grinding to fit a newer switch. The rectangular shaped metal
retaining bracket can be removed from the backside of the dash with a #1
posidrive screwdriver if needed. Filing on the bench is easier than in the
dash...

Tim Hutchisen

Norway, ME

www.pennridgemotors.com <http://www.pennridgemotors.com> 

From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Spitfire Racing
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2015 7:59 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Fot] TR-6 dash question

Thanks

Russ Moore

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D0BCD6.7CF5A140
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Russ,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  Remove the speedo and/or the =
tachometer to gain much better access to the hazard switch. If memory =
serves, there are metal &quot;tangs&quot; that are squeezed on the =
backside of the switch. Once the tangs are depressed, the switch pulls =
out from the front. You may find you will have to do some =
filing/grinding to fit a newer switch. The rectangular shaped metal =
retaining bracket can be removed from the backside of the dash with a #1 =
posidrive screwdriver if needed. Filing on the bench is easier than in =
the dash&#8230;&#8230;.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Tim Hutchisen<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Norway, =
ME<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><a =
href=3D"http://www.pennridgemotors.com">www.pennridgemotors.com</a><o:p><=
/o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Fot =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Spitfire =
Racing<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, July 12, 2015 7:59 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]; [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Fot] =
TR-6 dash question<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Okay, I need =
a memory refresh please. Maybe it&#8217;s the gray hair or the =
years&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am helping =
a good friend on his 1969 TR-6 (an unexpected month long project!). No =
good deed goes unpunished! This year TR has the rocker style switch for =
the Emergency flashers(4 contact) and I need to replace it. The switch =
is conveniently placed above the steering column between the Speedo and =
Tach. The car has a wood dash panel which is a replacement and the =
wiring has not been butchered-yet! How does one access and remove the =
switch without fully dissecting the car? Is there a easy short cut on =
this that does not involve large hammers; chisels, torches and Divine =
intervention?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Finding the switch was easy when you realize the same =
one was used in Spitfires and GT-6s.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Russ =
Moore<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01D0BCD6.7CF5A140--

--===============1414520456753810725==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1414520456753810725==--