Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 98, Issue 166

From: "Joe Guinan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 05:13:38 -0500

Bud,

I had a bunch of 3/4 inch blocks made up years ago. Still have a bunch. Let
me know if one would be of any help to you.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
To: FOT <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jim Gray <[email-masked]>, "Mark A. Eden" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Fot] Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile.

Listerati,

As luck would have it the 4:11 differential (one of the spares that came
with the race car) I had refurbished for my Spitfire this week turned out to
already be welded. So I don?t have to worry about some of the tighter turns
lifting a wheel. That?s a relief. 

I hadn?t even considered I?d be that lucky, and it was missing the inner
hubs/flanges so I never tested it for being welded up and hadn?t ever opened
it up.

Since I had already been driving a welded 3:89 I?m kinda already used to the
welded axle driving style, whatever that is.

I think I?ll go buy a lottery ticket. It?s not often I walk out of a shop
feeling so good about picking up a part.

Now if anyone knows where I can get a 1/2 inch version of the aluminum
lowering block that goes on top of the diff I?d appreciate knowing. I
believe the 1/2 inch block is supposed to give you 2 degrees negative camber
and right now I have 3 degrees of negative camber. Chequered Racing only has
1 inch blocks.

Thanks,
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive