Subject: Re: [Fot] Pre race contemplation from Canada Corner

From: John Hasty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:36:50 +0000

Neat!  2 of those beasts were pitted just across from us @ last year's KC ....  Wondered how the driver kept from being roasted by the header.... Have fun

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 11:50 PM, "Jason Ostrowski" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Well, here I sit alone with my thoughts in Canada Corner.
> I made the tow from  Chicago to Road America and have brought with me the fastest car I have ever known.
> Our Cheetah is all ready to go and I am up here early enjoying a few brews as the sun sets to the west over the forest. It is dark now and I'm just enjoying the dead quiet of the Wisconsin night.
> Somehow Brian and I lucked our way into being in charge of one of the coolest cars in Vintage Racing. This demon that I strap him into is no joke and the two of us have made milestones in our project of racing progress. Being in charge of this car has given me several new new perspectives on the racing experience that no doubt will strengthen my GT6's; and has made our teammate bond stronger.
>
> I was rather set back after having missed the opportunity to race with ya'll at Summit Point but even those three sleepless days of failure has to be looked on as a Triumph when you understand that sometimes the nasty defeats are the things that make you stronger.
> I missed the Kastner Cup this year because my car was not ready on time. Plain and simple.
> In retrospect, the demons that haunted me that week were many but...
> In the end were perhaps just warnings from the Friendly Ghosts.
> Because a few weekends later when I finally took the Zippy car out to race and test the new motor I had a big bottom end failure anyway.
> So, better to have it happen on my home track instead of After a 15 hour tow.
> Anyway, I think I have those problems solved and this weekend I get to help my best friend go for an overall win against Lola T 70's and Lotus 23's, and other cars of deep pocket owners as us little guys go out to beat them in what has been recently printed in the funny pages as the fastest Cheetah on the planet.
> I gotta think that life is good right?
> Wish us luck!
> And pray for Brian!
> Thanks for listening.
> Jason Ostrowski
> Friendly Ghost Racing
> 1969 Triumph GT6+ race cars
> And Crew Chief for the 1965 Cheetah "Cro-Sal Special"
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> _______________________________________________
> [email-masked]
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
>
>

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 12:33:30 -0500

FOT Henry Morrison is coming in from Albuquerque and will have Elva Courier with him. Watch for him. Stayed with us last night. Delightful guy.

Joe Alexander
645 1st Street
Jesup, IA 50648
The-vintage-racer.com
Gasketinnovations.com
Cell:  319.464.4711

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 10:49 PM, Jason Ostrowski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>

---

From: "FoodDude" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 22:37:57 -0500

Cheers for the Privateers!  Good on ya!.  Look for the Big Blue Regogo
Racing Rig, look up Peter (Hoag) and tell him Dave and Robert sent you over
to the (free, all welcomed) fish fry.  It is not to be missed.  Stop by the
Winding Road Racing tent and say Hi to Maelstrom for us.  And look for Tom
Martin (also WRR) on track in his Yeagermiester BMW.  Very much wish we
could have made this event this year...  Good luck and have fun!

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jason Ostrowski
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:50 PM
To: Fot
Subject: [Fot] Pre race contemplation from Canada Corner The Hawk

Well, here I sit alone with my thoughts in Canada Corner. 
I made the tow from  Chicago to Road America and have brought with me the
fastest car I have ever known. 
Our Cheetah is all ready to go and I am up here early enjoying a few brews
as the sun sets to the west over the forest. It is dark now and I'm just
enjoying the dead quiet of the Wisconsin night.
Somehow Brian and I lucked our way into being in charge of one of the
coolest cars in Vintage Racing. This demon that I strap him into is no joke
and the two of us have made milestones in our project of racing progress.
Being in charge of this car has given me several new new perspectives on the
racing experience that no doubt will strengthen my GT6's; and has made our
teammate bond stronger.

I was rather set back after having missed the opportunity to race with ya'll
at Summit Point but even those three sleepless days of failure has to be
looked on as a Triumph when you understand that sometimes the nasty defeats
are the things that make you stronger. 
I missed the Kastner Cup this year because my car was not ready on time.
Plain and simple. 
In retrospect, the demons that haunted me that week were many but...
 In the end were perhaps just warnings from the Friendly Ghosts.
Because a few weekends later when I finally took the Zippy car out to race
and test the new motor I had a big bottom end failure anyway. 
So, better to have it happen on my home track instead of After a 15 hour
tow.
Anyway, I think I have those problems solved and this weekend I get to help
my best friend go for an overall win against Lola T 70's and Lotus 23's, and
other cars of deep pocket owners as us little guys go out to beat them in
what has been recently printed in the funny pages as the fastest Cheetah on
the planet.
I gotta think that life is good right? 
Wish us luck!
And pray for Brian!
Thanks for listening.
Jason Ostrowski 
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ race cars 
And Crew Chief for the 1965 Cheetah "Cro-Sal Special"

Sent from my iPhone

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3520 / Virus Database: 4365/10247 - Release Date: 07/17/15