Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 J-Type Gearbox in TR4?

From: "Jim Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 06:28:56 -0600

I agree with Marcel. I have a J type with 4:10's and it really gives you a
lot of choices. I like the J type because I can access most of the important
bits from below, filters & such. One thing I learned at The Kastner Cup at
Road America is shield the solenoid wire. Mine became disconnected in the 
Cup race from a piece of road debris so I ran the entire race with no OD.
jim g

-----Original Message-----
From: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Marcel Van
Mulders
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 1:46 AM
To: 'Steve Myers'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 J-Type Gearbox in TR4?

Steve,
With an A-type or J-type overdrive gearbox, you can mount a 1:4.33 or better
still, a 1:4.55 rear axle : acceleration is much improved and on most
circuits, the overdrive has to be engaged 1x or 2x a lap. It really shows in
laptimes.
Marcel
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens Steve Myers
Verzonden: dinsdag 2 juni 2015 2:50
Aan: Friends of Triumph
Onderwerp: [Fot] TR6 J-Type Gearbox in TR4?

I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but I was always looking
for an A-Type not a J-Type.  I know it will require different rear mounts.

Today a guy dropped off a ton of TR6 parts he didn't want anymore and one
was a TR6 gearbox with the J-Type overdrive.

I've thought about wanting overdrive in my TR4 racecars to keep the revs
down a little more at Road America but is this a good idea?

My car seemed very competitive as it sits now and maybe it isn't worth the
trouble, or at least not the gearbox I would want.

-Steve
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive