Subject: [Fot] Triumph tie rod cup

From: Brian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 17:26:07 -0400

--===============1031444943650411806==
	boundary="_85CF4D0D-40F6-4A3C-B014-D52543E2C03F_"

--_85CF4D0D-40F6-4A3C-B014-D52543E2C03F_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

What are folks using in gt6 & spitfire steering racks for the cup the tie r=
od goes into on the rack? I used to run the steel cups but had an issue and=
 put in a plastic cup. The plastic cup has play in it after not much use.
Thanks,
Brian =

--_85CF4D0D-40F6-4A3C-B014-D52543E2C03F_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=
=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body><div><div style=3D"font-family: Calibri,sans-=
serif; font-size: 11pt;">What are folks using in gt6 &amp; spitfire steerin=
g racks for the cup the tie rod goes into on the rack? I used to run the st=
eel cups but had an issue and put in a plastic cup. The plastic cup has pla=
y in it after not much use.<br>Thanks,<br>Brian </div></div></body></html>=

--_85CF4D0D-40F6-4A3C-B014-D52543E2C03F_--

--===============1031444943650411806==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1031444943650411806==--

---

From: Scott Janzen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 17:42:50 -0400

--===============5877441989269462191==
 boundary="Apple-Mail=_3C4D455A-3CBF-4FB6-B60A-01DD1D5B0EA9"

--Apple-Mail=_3C4D455A-3CBF-4FB6-B60A-01DD1D5B0EA9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

I use the original steel cups.  Disassembled, inspected and adjusted my =
GT6 rack this past winter.  Procedure described in manual is good; shims =
for adjustment of cups and rack free play are available from the better =
suppliers.   I found that with the wear in the center of the rack, I had =
to set for bind at the far left and right and then the center is a =
little loose.  Do it the other way and the rack won't move at the =
extremes.

On Jun 14, 2015, at 5:26 PM, Brian wrote:

What are folks using in gt6 & spitfire steering racks for the cup the =
tie rod goes into on the rack? I used to run the steel cups but had an =
issue and put in a plastic cup. The plastic cup has play in it after not =
much use.
Thanks,
Brian
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_3C4D455A-3CBF-4FB6-B60A-01DD1D5B0EA9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">I use =
the original steel cups. &nbsp;Disassembled, inspected and adjusted my =
GT6 rack this past winter. &nbsp;Procedure described in manual is good; =
shims for adjustment of cups and rack free play are available from the =
better suppliers. &nbsp; I found that with the wear in the center of the =
rack, I had to set for bind at the far left and right and then the =
center is a little loose. &nbsp;Do it the other way and the rack won't =
move at the extremes.<div><br><div><div>On Jun 14, 2015, at 5:26 PM, =
Brian wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><meta =
http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"><div><div><div style=3D"font-family: =
Calibri,sans-serif; font-size: 11pt;">What are folks using in gt6 &amp; =
spitfire steering racks for the cup the tie rod goes into on the rack? I =
used to run the steel cups but had an issue and put in a plastic cup. =
The plastic cup has play in it after not much use.<br>Thanks,<br>Brian =
</div></div></div>_______________________________________________<br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>http://ww=
w.fot-racing.com<br><br>Donate: =
http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]<br><br><br></div>=
<br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_3C4D455A-3CBF-4FB6-B60A-01DD1D5B0EA9--

--===============5877441989269462191==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5877441989269462191==--