Subject: [Fot] Drive shaft U joints

From: Mike Harmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:55:48 -0400

--===============7215603173651013467==

--001a113ee5e461818e05192fbfad

New email account but same old racer.
I've been using u joints with the grease nipple in the center of one of the
bearing caps vs the type with the nipple in the center (main body) of the
joint. I've had problems greasing up the center of the body type, there
always seemed to be something in the way while they were installed in the
car, while the end cap type could always be accessed. Looking on line now
it seems like almost everything available now are the main body type. The
last set of end lubed joints only lasted a year before they got sloppy so
I'm reluctant to put another set of them in.

Any suggestions on making the center fill ones easier to lube on the car ?
I've already converted the 1/2 shaft axles to larger joints and they're
great.

Plan B?

Thanks
mike h

63 Spitfire race car and a coven of street ones

--001a113ee5e461818e05192fbfad
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div><div><div>New email account but same o=
ld racer.<br></div>I&#39;ve been using u joints with the grease nipple in t=
he center of one of the bearing caps vs the type with the nipple in the cen=
ter (main body) of the joint. I&#39;ve had problems greasing up the center =
of the body type, there always seemed to be something in the way while they=
 were installed in the car, while the end cap type could always be accessed=
. Looking on line now it seems like almost everything available now are the=
 main body type. The last set of end lubed joints only lasted a year before=
 they got sloppy so I&#39;m reluctant to put another set of them in.<br><br=
></div>Any suggestions on making the center fill ones easier to lube on the=
 car ? I&#39;ve already converted the 1/2 shaft axles to larger joints and =
they&#39;re great.<br><br></div>Plan B?<br><br></div>Thanks<br></div>mike h=
<br><br></div>63 Spitfire race car and a coven of street ones<br></div>

--001a113ee5e461818e05192fbfad--

--===============7215603173651013467==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7215603173651013467==--

---

From: Diesel Performance Parts - Info <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:38:42 -0500

--===============1540500935204107389==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_C22F4A3F0AA3EA488D30A42FC8A481763CF7C6D98BDIESELSERVERd_"

--_000_C22F4A3F0AA3EA488D30A42FC8A481763CF7C6D98BDIESELSERVERd_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_C22F4A3F0AA3EA488D30A42FC8A481763CF7C6D98BDIESELSERVERd_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_C22F4A3F0AA3EA488D30A42FC8A481763CF7C6D98BDIESELSERVERd_--

--===============1540500935204107389==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1540500935204107389==--