Subject: [Fot] TR6 J-Type Gearbox in TR4?

From: Steve Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 19:49:53 -0500

I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but I was always looking for an A-Type not a J-Type.  I know it will require different rear mounts.

Today a guy dropped off a ton of TR6 parts he didn't want anymore and one was a TR6 gearbox with the J-Type overdrive.

I've thought about wanting overdrive in my TR4 racecars to keep the revs down a little more at Road America but is this a good idea?

My car seemed very competitive as it sits now and maybe it isn't worth the trouble, or at least not the gearbox I would want.

-Steve
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Marcel Van Mulders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 09:46:13 +0200

Steve,
With an A-type or J-type overdrive gearbox, you can mount a 1:4.33 or better
still, a 1:4.55 rear axle : acceleration is much improved and on most
circuits, the overdrive has to be engaged 1x or 2x a lap. It really shows in
laptimes.
Marcel
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Fot [mailto:[email-masked]] Namens Steve Myers
Verzonden: dinsdag 2 juni 2015 2:50
Aan: Friends of Triumph
Onderwerp: [Fot] TR6 J-Type Gearbox in TR4?

I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but I was always looking
for an A-Type not a J-Type.  I know it will require different rear mounts.

Today a guy dropped off a ton of TR6 parts he didn't want anymore and one
was a TR6 gearbox with the J-Type overdrive.

I've thought about wanting overdrive in my TR4 racecars to keep the revs
down a little more at Road America but is this a good idea?

My car seemed very competitive as it sits now and maybe it isn't worth the
trouble, or at least not the gearbox I would want.

-Steve

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]